Chef's Expressions Reviews

Chef's Expressions 5
Chef's Expressions 6
Chef's Expressions 7

Meggin · Married on 04/27/2013

We had such a great experience working with Bonny Opper and the rest of the team at Chef's Expressions. The planning process was fun and the food was wonderful! I really feel like our menu was much more unique than most weddings. Chef's Expressions was also very accommodating for our vegetarian guests. One of the best parts of working with Chef's is that we had someone who made sure that my husband and I always had a drink and food during the cocktail hour and reception. Also, they packaged up some leftovers which was the perfect treat when we got back to our hotel room that evening! Thank you again to Bonny and Chef's Expressions for everything.

Sent on 05/19/2013

Natasha · Married on 04/27/2013

Bonny and the staff at Chef's Expressions are superb. She is professional, organized, means business but is very personable, and she genuinely took all the worry out of my planning. Bonny answered all of my questions quickly, offered advice when I asked and gave me the guidance I needed for my big day! I was not a lover of planning, so Bonny told me about what she'd seen and had experience with. Chef's Expressions does weddings ALL the time, and she'd done 300 weddings at my venue, so I trusted her experience! Also, she had a good relationship with all of the other vendors we used, so that made it easy for us to correspond and keep everyone in touch! While they are pricier, I am so thankful we were able to have them cater our wedding and make everything add up to the perfect day!!!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Chefs Expression catered our wedding reception at the Peabody Library. I can't say enough great things about them! From the very start, Bonny and Christine worked with us to customize the menu based on what we were looking for, and the tasting allowed us to try out the paired wines for dinner - which were excellent and quite reasonable given their quality. And the food is fantastic - we received so many compliments on the food from our guests! We had our wedding cake made by them and it was also delicious. However, though I would have hired them just for the quality of their food, I was most impressed by how well they planned, organized, and ran the event. The evening was perfectly coordinated and allowed me and my groom to relax and enjoy the evening. Chef's Expressions worked with our band to coordinate the timing for the evening, and we got to have a stress-free wedding reception. Chef's Expressions is one of the more expensive caterers in town, but in my opinion (if you can afford it) they are completely worth it. The food and the service are superb and created a beautiful evening for us and our guests.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Jo · Married on 03/09/2013

I cannot express how pleased we were with everything about chefs expressions!!! From the day we met bonny we knew everything would be perfect. She and Christina were there for us all the way. Their attention to detail was impeccable!! They did not overlook one single thing! The food was amazing. One week later and I am still hearing how delicious everything was. The soup and salad were served at the perfect temperature. The meat was so tender. The rockfish out of this world and jakes presentation was as if he served 4 or 6 guests and not 176!!! U believable. I just don't know how you did it. The service could not of been better. The bride nd groom, my husband and I felt like there was no one else but us being served. The staff was right by our side the entire night. You should be proud of yourselves. We know how hard you worked and we appreciate everything you did for us. You made our daughters dreams all come true. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Joz

Sent on 03/17/2013

Julie · Married on 03/09/2013

Chefs Expresssions is one of the preferred vendors for the Peabody Library where we had our wedding. When we booked the event I was dealing with one person and then they left. They put Bonnie and Christine in charge of handling my reception and they were AMAZING. I wanted to have a wedding that my guests and myself would not forget. I grew up in Baltimore but currently live in Philadelphia, but wanted to come back home to get married. Bonnie and Christine were patient, understanding, helpful, creative and wonderful to work with being that I was in Philadelpia planning my special event. They fufilled all my dreams on March 9th. The food was amazing and they worked with me to select the perfect menu incorporating Maryland's finest so that my guests could enjoy what I did growing up! Chef's Expressions also did my cake which was not only tasty but they matched the picture to a T that I provided to them. If they can deal with me, they can deal with anyone...as I am very hard to please! They exceeded my expectations by 100%. I highly recommend them to do any catering event that you are having in the near future!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Chrysanthi · Married on 02/09/2013

Bonnie Opper and Chef's Expressions is an incredible company. I can't tell you how many compliments I received for planning such a "gorgeous wedding"...I have to say that I created a vision and Bonnie 100% put it together and made it a reality. I showed Bonnie inspiration photos and vendor after vendor she made recommendations, contacted them all herself for day of organization and the entire event was a HUGE success. I honestly can't think of anything that went wrong! Other than the fact that I never ate the boxed up meal that I was promised the night of the wedding but that's i'm sure due to the fact that someone in my bridal party got a little hungry late night. So with that being said, take time to enjoy your tasting because it may be the only time you actually eat the food! For my tasting Chef's Expressions went out of their way and added a last minute change (my mother wanted to attend and I let Bonnie know the night before and she had the chef come in early and prepare a whole new set of courses for her so we wouldn't have to share) Just an incredible company overall...you really feel taken care of. I'd recommend this company to anyone who's fearful they may forget a major detail, anyone who works full time and fears "they don't have time to plan a wedding" or anyone who just wants an incredible meal prepared at a very reasonable price. A HUGE thank you to everyone at Chef's Expressions for making our wedding day absolutely perfect. -Chrysanthi & Tim Johnson

Sent on 03/04/2013

Christine · event on: 12/07/2012

Chef's Expressions receives an outstanding score from me because they have continually exceeded my expectations year after year! Whether it be assisting with linens or creating a super fun menu - Chef's is intuitive, creative and hospitable. Our food was exceptional, the meal was delicious which left my co-workers chatting about it for several days thereafter. The product was fresh, local and very tasty! Bonny and Christine are a pleasure to work with, I have full trust my event is in good hands when working with these two, simply put - they make my job EASY! The servers are personable, pleasant and extremely professional. I can't compliment the team enough. I am officially hooked and cannot wait to plan another event with them! Trust me, you'll want to book with them!

Sent on 12/13/2012

Hiring Chef's Expressions was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. When we first met Bonny Opper, we were so impressed with her organizational skills, enthusiasm, and talent. From the beginning she was always available to answer questions, give advice, and even served as a terrific event coordinator on the day of the wedding. In the weeks leading up the wedding, Bonny and Christine Berencz continued to be organized, responsive, and very flexible with all of the inevitable small last-minute changes. Having their support helped make the whole planning experience much more enjoyable. When it came to the wedding itself - Chef's did an outstanding job. The venue looked gorgeous, the staff was exceedingly friendly and well-organized, and the food was fantastic. We can't thank them enough for giving us the perfect wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2012

John · Married on 10/27/2012

We had a small wedding reception (50) at a local winery. Paul and his staff were exceptional. They were professional, organized, and well managed. The food was excellent. Guests are still talking about it. The cake they made to our specifications was the best I have ever had. The evening reception was flawless. Their level of experience and professionalism made the event one that all the guest will remember. I and my new wife would use Chef's Expressions again with out giving others a second thought.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Vanessa · Married on 10/27/2012

Bonny and Christine at Chef's Expressions did a great job with my wedding. They were very flexible in helping me work out a menu that fit my budget and took care of all the details from start to finish. Bonnie and Christine were so on top of everything that I essentially had a caterer and wedding coordinator. My wedding was a very stress-free event thanks to them. The food was also excellent. I got several positive comments during the wedding. I would definitely recommend them to others.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2012

Amazing to work with, wonderful food, and were flexible with my budget. Its clear Chef Jerry loves food, and loves creating a menu that reflects the couple's tastes. Our coordinator, Melanie, was so flexible and easy to work with. She was able to smoothly work out some minor problems without us having to stress at all. Will highly recommend them to all my friends getting married in the area in the future!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Cathy · Married on 10/13/2012

Everything was wonderful. Families on both sides had nothing but rave reviews over the quality and presentation of the food and the service. It was a dream come true wedding from beginning to end.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Pat · Married on 10/13/2012

Chef's Expression did such a wonderful job at our wedding!!! The food is still being talked about since our wedding 2 weeks ago. We couldn't have asked for a better caterer!!!! We will use them again for any future events. And to top it off, the wedding cake was to die for. The flavor and the presentation was just beautiful. Bonny and her staff was at there best. Thank you so much for making it a memorable day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2012
  • User1451950 · 2+ years ago

I can't say enough good things about Chef's Expressions and Bonny Opper in particular. We were worried about having a choice between only two vendors at our wedding location, but I absolutely think we made the right decision with Chef's.

The food was unique and delicious, the plating was elegant, the service was great, and Bonny even served as kind of an ad-hoc coordinator/planner. She obviously has tons of experience with weddings in the Baltimore area and helped us with everything from picking linens to figuring out to the order of the wedding party to making sure our guests picked up their favors and found their seats.

Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Cara · Married on 10/06/2012

We worked with Bonny Opper and Christine Berencz at Chef's Expressions for our wedding at the Peabody Library this past weekend, October 6, 2012. From our first meeting when Bonny had a sign in front of the building welcoming us and gifted us with a book of recipes for dinners for two, we knew that CE was going to take care of every detail for our reception.

They truly got our vision for our reception and CE clearly does well working "outside the box" -- we wanted a somewhat non-traditional dinner consisting of upscale comfort food, which they executed perfectly. Our guests were raving non-stop about the food and service. Bonny kept the night on schedule and did an awesome job taking care of everything without ever bothering us. There was one staff member, Brandy, who was assigned to making sure that my husband and I were never without a drink or food if we wanted it.

Bonny and CE are very experienced working weddings at the Peabody and their experience made our wedding run like a well-oiled machine. We can't thank her enough for her hard work and diligent responses to all of our questions, and would highly recommend her to anyone getting married at the Peabody or anywhere else!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Angela · Married on 09/22/2012

I was referred to Chef's Expressions by the venue I selected from my wedding; they were one of the three approved caterers. When I researched them online, I was in love with their presentation but assumed (just from the way the food looked and was presented on their website) that they were outside of my budget. As a result, I opted for one of the other caterers listed because my brother, who had just gotten married the year before, used the other caterer's service. After meeting and receiving the estimate from the other caterer, I was convinced that I needed to do more research; I was not really impressed by their food (or their professionalism, for that matter) and was actually taken aback by the cost!

Suffering from sticker shock, I decided to check out Chef's Expressions to see if there was really a difference. After all, if I was going to pay, I may as well go with what I was most impressed with. I checked out the reviews for Chef's Expressions and was impressed with the reviews the company had already received and was particularly struck by a comment one reviewer made regarding the company's willingness to work with her/him on developing a menu that worked within their budget. Bingo!

I contacted the company and connected with Paul Kountz. The rest is history! I am so happy with the decision we made. All the positive reviews that I read were true: the quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism, and flexibility were all 5-star quality! And for value, there should be a rating of 6. Paul was amazing! He was fantastic to work with and he really helped make my event memorable! I worked to create a menu that worked within my budget and he (and Chef) offered some options that I would not have thought possible! My family and friends loved the food and the service was top-notch. I would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Natalie · Married on 09/15/2012

Chef's Expressions is the caterer to go to. Their food was superb! I still have guests commenting about how wonderful the food was and if I can find out their recipes. My favorite was an appetizer which was in a martini like glass with a small bowl attached to the bottom with real LIVE GOLDFISH swimming around! It was the coolest thing I have ever seen! Bonnie and Christine are very attentive and made the wedding planning process super easy! Their pastry chef by the by is for sure the best around! Best cake I have ever had :) Highly recommend this company

Sent on 10/10/2012

DubsNick · Married on 09/15/2012

We worked with Bonny Opper and Christine Berencz at Chef's Expressions for our wedding at the Peabody Library. From our initial meeting when Bonny had a sign in front of the building welcoming us, we knew that we were going to be in very attentive hands. The CE team was the perfect caterer to help bring our vision to life. During that initial meeting, when I requested that we incorporate beets and compound butter (the latter request the chef declared a first from a Bride!) I think they knew what foodies they were working with!! We not only wanted an innovative menu that reflected our tastes, but that was going to be delicious for our 200 guests, not solely at the tasting. They delivered on this and more!!! I salivated over our wedding menu for months leading up to the BIG DAY and would happily devour those three courses again right now! Guests went gaga as well and were wishing they had leftovers the following day! Lucky for us, hubby and I did!

Bonny and Christine were always available to answer questions (so much so I even included a disclaimer not to respond if they were reading email over the weekend or a holiday!) Their personal attention throughout the entire process was exemplary and they always had the best attitudes even when last minute changes arose.

My husband and I had a dedicated staff member, Brandy, during the evening who treated us like royalty and we wanted for nothing. We were able to enjoy our favorite appetizers in our own private service and the drinks flowed freely all night.

Everything went off without a hitch as a result of the CE team's work ethic and expertise; I just kicked my heals up, ate, drank and danced the night away!!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Tracey · Married on 09/08/2012

Paul and the entire staff at Chef's Expressions were AMAZING- my daughter's wedding was the most insanely perfect event any of the 250 guests had seen and the food, the professionalism, the entire experience from day one was top notch. Paul worked with Drew Vanlandingham (Vanlandingham Design Studio- our wedding planner) and made the day something that no one will soon forget. I was sheer perfection and the food was to DIE FOR. I am happy to recommend to ANYONE 410-925-0285- Tracey Flora

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • Z

Zack and Louann · Married on 09/08/2012

We had a great experience with Chefs Expression. Great TEAM from the planning phase of the wedding to the actual wedding day. Allowed us to enjoy our wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2012

kristin · Married on 09/07/2012

Melanie was amazing and the chef and food were spectacular! Everything tasted incredible and we got sooooo many compliments on the food! They made sure we had boxed meals and plates of appetizers to go home with (since the bride and groom never get to eat). They were flexible with my menu changes and tweakings. Overall, the whole company and night was way beyond my expectations! Thanks again!

Sent on 10/17/2012
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/02/2012

Melanie and the whole Chef's Expressions team was awesome! All our guests raved about the food for months after (people still bring it up :-p ).

Sent on 10/25/2012

DeAnna · Married on 08/25/2012

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Bonny and Christine! They were always very quick to respond and never made me feel like a crazy bride :)

The team at Chef’s Expressions was very organized and I felt like I was in good hands the whole process. Our wedding went so smoothly and I owe it all to Chef's Expressions. Not to mention the food was amazing, everyone loved it!!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Everything was wonderful - guests raved about the food and Chef's Expressions also made sure the entire ceremony and reception ran smoothly! No need for a wedding coordinator when you have Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Barbara · Married on 08/05/2012

In all categoties - excellent! Bonny was a delight to work with. Set-up was amazing - every detail I mentioned was remembered and perfectly executed. The food including the gorgeous wedding cake, was beautiful and delicious! Thank you for ensuring this special day was perfect!

Sent on 08/12/2012