Chef's Expressions Reviews

Chef's Expressions 5
Chef's Expressions 6
Chef's Expressions 7

Michael · Married on 08/31/2014

We worked with Bonny and Alicia, and I can't recommend them enough. Very nice folks, easy to work with, and they know what they are doing. The guests loved the food. And the servers made sure we (the couple) were fed and had whatever we needed to drink. They all did a great job. I would absolutely recommend them.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Beth · Married on 08/30/2014

Chef's Expressions did a fabulous job with our daughter's wedding. From the first meeting a year prior to the last email a day prior, we were treated with respect, care and enthusiasm. The wedding was vegan and so it took some extra work on their part to make it just right and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and beautifully executed. Our compliments to the hardworking chefs! The service was also attentive and polite- just wonderful. Jennifer Pellegrino was a pleasure to work with. All of our requests were handled kindly, professionally and efficiently. She coordinated everything and was so attentive to detail that we didn't need to worry about a thing. We highly recommend Chef's Expressions for your event!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Carly · Married on 07/12/2014

Chef's Expressions was fantastic - we highly recommend them. Food and drinks were excellent and Bonny and Alicia took such good care of everything. So, we had nothing to worry about logistics wise during the event, and we could just enjoy the day. We were so happy with them and have such fond memories of the experience!

Sent on 01/19/2015
  • Y

Yasemin · Married on 06/28/2014

Chef's Expressions was a dream come true for our wedding catering. Jen in particular was lovely to work with - she helped us through the process from the get-go, working with us on what we wanted for our menu, helping find all the extras we wanted, keeping in touch and answering our many questions as the day approached. On our wedding day the food that Chef's Expressions served was not only incredibly tasty and beautiful-looking, Jen also made sure all our decorations and set-up in general was executed just as we wanted it. All our guests repeatedly complimented us on the food, the service, the options provided, and the professionalism of all the staff that helped us, in particular Jen. Overall I would highly recommend Chef's Expressions for wedding catering services!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Chef's expressions worked with us to allow our wedding vision to come to fruition.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Jen · Married on 06/07/2014

People could not stop raving about the food at our wedding. Chef's was professional and wonderful to work with from start to finish. They were amazing!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2014

I couldn't say thank you enough for the work that chef's expressions and Jen Pellegrino did for our wedding. From the beginning stages when we were looking for a caterer to the actual wedding day - everything was perfection. People loved the food and, what's even better, we didn't need to worry about a thing the night of the wedding. Jen took care of it all, including packing up our car at the end of the night and sending home a "midnight snack" with leftovers from dinner. In need of a caterer, don't look anywhere else.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Karen · Married on 04/19/2014

It is no secret that Chef's Expressions is great. I hired them to cater my wedding at the suggestions of my wedding planners. My husband and I worked with Bonny, who is wonderful. We went with passed hors d'oeuvres, food stations as well as having the pastry chef make the cake. The food was fantastic, we received so many compliments! Now the cake: I wanted a cake instead of the trendy cupcakes, pies, etc because I think they're pretty and add to the wedding decor. I sent a picture to Bonny for what I wanted the cake to look like thinking it would be some version of my request. When I got to the reception I was FLOORED. The cake was absolutely stunning, it was exactly the design that I wanted - it was simple and beautiful. The cake was also delicious! Wedding cake is never good. This wedding cake was the best I've ever had and so many guests approached me telling me how much they loved the cake. My husband and I went with an open bar. The signature cocktail that Chef's created was wonderful. We were also able to substitute out the standard beers for 3 beers that we really love for, what I thought, to be a very reasonable price. The staff at the wedding was friendly, professional and efficient. I could not have been more happy with Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Samuel · Married on 02/15/2014

Chef's Expressions was the caterer for my wedding this past February and they were amazing. Before I go on I must publicly thank and praise Bonny, Christine and Chris for their professionalism, kindness, responsiveness, patience, and assistance. Literally, I could not have gotten married without them! Top-tier food was a priority for my spouse and I at our wedding and Chef's Expressions did not disappoint. They put together an amazing and customized menu for us. The meal was elegant, filling, and delicious. So many guests have told me that this was the best food they have ever eaten at a wedding; exactly what we were hoping for. The bartenders poured perfect drinks, the waiters all looked great, were quick and polite, and the setup was perfect. Bonny helped us create the customized look we wanted for the space. She sat with us patiently while we selected linens, tableware, chairs, and tables. They could not have been better and everything went perfectly. Chef's Expressions coordinated the day perfectly and did everything with ease and grace. They are worth every penny!

Sent on 03/04/2014

I couldn't have asked for more. I got compliment after compliment from our guests on the quality of the food. Completely thrilled!

Sent on 12/10/2013
  • Vickie

Vickie · Married on 11/02/2013

I got married at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore, MD and our caterer, Chef’s Expressions, delivered beyond belief. The combination of phenomenal food, stellar service, and excellent business savvy set Chef's apart from the rest. Chef's acted as our caterer, wedding-day coordinator for the ceremony/ reception, and vendor manager.

During the year of wedding planning, Chef's was always prompt in responding to my questions from budget and billing inquiries to wedding-day details such as the cake design, food tasting, menu card, floor plan, and reception setup. I always got a response to my questions within a couple of hours from either Bonny or Christine, even if just to tell me that they were out and would respond in detail the next day.

We had an excellent tasting of our menu a couple of months prior to the wedding, but the wedding-day food was even better! Both my husband and I got numerous compliments about the high quality of food and the beautiful presentation of the courses. I didn't have one guest complain about the food. Quite the opposite-one guest even said that the beef tenderloin they served was “actually steak”- the right pinkness, temperature, and tenderness. Everyone raved about the carrot cake with cream cheese icing filling, which was the perfect choice for our fall wedding. Krista was our personal server and made sure we had a taste of all of our hors d’oeuvres and that our entrees came out warm when we were seated and not greeting guests. Chef’s handled all of our guests’ dietary restrictions perfectly. We cannot stress enough the compliments we received on our food and how the quality of food will make or break your wedding.

Hiring Chef's to caterer our wedding was the best decision we made and, after seeing their spectacular delivery for our wedding, a no-brainer. Guests remember the food and venue more than anything else, so hire Chef's and make a great lasting impression!

Sent on 11/12/2013
  • TC

TC · Married on 10/26/2013

As I started my wedding planning, food was at the top of my list of priorities. I knew I wanted it to be a fabulous meal. I am so glad we chose Chef's! Bonny and Christine did a terrific job helping us to design the meal and fit within our budget. They were great with suggestions and advice and accommodating with our special requests (including several meals that had to be customized based on severe allergies).
    We received so so many compliments on the food. Many said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Our ice cream sundae bar (hand made ice cream custom flavors) was a hit!

They took really good care of us on the day of our wedding, sending out a tray of the our cocktail hour appetizers while we took photos and sending us home with a large amount of food!

Both Christine and Bonny were wonderful to work with. Christine, especially, leading up to the wedding and on the day of was just incredible. She ran the event and coordinated the major players. My fiancee and I just enjoyed the wedding and never had to worry about a thing! One of my guests had a severe allergy and needed a special meal. He is also quite the foodie :) He was so impressed with the food, said it was an excellent meal and that he had someone "watching" his service the entire night to make sure the correct plates were being delivered. That care and attention is just top notch!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Nadine · Married on 10/19/2013

We worried about nothing on our big day because this group of Caterers/servers truly knew how to run everything smoothly, efficiently and professionally. Jen, our fantastic 'coordinator', performed amazingly from the first meeting through the big event. Our guests are still talking about the food 4months later!!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Kathleen · Married on 10/18/2013

our food was a complete hit at the wedding, guests are still talking about it. We had a very clear vision of what we wanted (three different stations - pierogies, salmon, sliders) and they were able to execute it despite our venue's restrictions regarding open flames. When we went to our tasting and wanted some specific changes, they were able to accomodate. Christine was very responsive and every detail we discussed was implemented beautifully. they were also able to come in at the budget we needed.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Amy · Married on 10/11/2013

The team at Chef's Expressions, especially Bonnie and her assistant Christine were extremely helpful. The food was wonderful and we received many compliments. They were extremely flexible and wiling to work with our budget. Also, they were able to recommend many vendors who turned out great.

Sent on 11/10/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/22/2013

Chef's Expressions was one of two caterer's we were allowed to use at our venue and we selected them b/c they were more responsive to our questions than the other company before we signed a contract. Bonny and Christine were very easy to work with and are the reason our wedding day went smoothly. They acted as our day-of-coordinators as well as our caterer, and were much more available to answer our questions than any rep from our venue. They made sure neither of us had to worry about a thing on our wedding day. There was a small miscommunication between Chef's and the venue about storing decor overnight, but it did not create a problem.

The menu Bonny helped us create (6 apps, soup/salad, and entree) was delicious, and we were able to do a tasting a few months in advance. They also allowed us to customize our drinks package to serve beer & wine we requested. Chef's Expressions cost a lot more than we initially expected to spend on catering, but the quality and service were worth every penny!

Sent on 12/11/2013
  • Kenney

Kenney · Married on 09/21/2013

Melanie was our caterer, and from day one was the most thoughtful, warm, helpful, reponsive professional we worked with of any of our vendors. Even though our wedding was 19 months in the making, Melanie was there for every decision, every problem, every solution! We were so very lucky to have her! That was just one positive of many. Chef's customized our menu to what we wanted, and even though they gave us a menu of options, they allowed us to make subtle changes to the recipes to make it our own, and believe us, the food was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! You will have many choices to select from in terms of caterers, but there is only one choice we would recommend (and we interviewed several), and that is Chef's Expressions!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Jim · Married on 09/07/2013

Jennifer led us through the process of planning our wedding. From our initial meeting, till leaving the venue after our last event she has been a master at delivering tremendous food, seamless service and a calming guiding hand throughout the process as John and I tread in these unfamiliar waters. Trust them! They worked with us on budget, recommended options all other venders we needed, and were a pleasure to work with for our wedding.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Britt · Married on 08/24/2013

I got married about two weeks ago at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore. Chef's Expressions was absolutely wonderful orchestrators of my wedding day. We had chosen not to hire a wedding coordinator or anything of the sort and totally relied on Bonny, Christine, and the rest of the Chef's Expressions team to keep everything running on schedule. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that everything ran so smoothly and perfectly at the wedding...we received many compliments to that effect from our guests... and my mom and I did not ever once have to concern ourselves with making sure the details of the day were as we had requested because everything was already set exactly how we had asked.

And, not to be left out, the food and appetizers were delish! As the bride, I was assigned a designated waitstaff person who made certain that I took sufficient time during the cocktail hour to get a bite myself, which was absolutely essential to getting through the night without feeling exhausted or starving. We also had ample time to eat our tasty dinner during the dining portion and still have plenty of time to circulate among our guests and greet everyone. In sum, you would be in great hands with Chef's Expressions on your big day!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Lindsay · Married on 07/05/2013

We worked with Melanie to cater our July wedding at the American Visionary Art Museum. She was so helpful and worked to coordinate all the details of my largely DIY wedding. She was incredibly accommodating and made the experience so streamlined. The day of the wedding, the company executed everything to perfection. Feedback on our food was wonderful, and the staff was friendly and professional. We found that this was a wonderful value for the money, since Chef's Expressions didn't just serve food, but truly ran the wedding day. Melanie is a consummate professional, and her experience was evident every step of the way. Working with her was so easy, and the results were amazing!

Sent on 12/08/2013
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 06/15/2013

The food was AMAZING, the staff was GREAT, and their professionalism was SPECTACULAR! They really made sure that my husband and I ate something, and they were really attentive. If we ever have another catered event, we are using them again for sure!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Diana · Married on 06/14/2013

A huge thanks to Melanie and all the people with Chef's Expressions for adding to the specialness of our special day. People are still commenting on how delicious the food was and how they loved the lemonade spritzer bar. The cake was our favorite part and are so excited for our first year anniversary. The best cater we'd around!!!

Sent on 07/28/2013
  • User3342050 · 2+ years ago

Can't recommend Chef's Expressions strongly enough. Bonny is amazing--always professional, capable, comforting, accommodating. Everyone we interacted with on her staff was equally friendly and helpful, and Christine was particularly helpful in the run-up and on the day of the event. We're so appreciative of everything they did-- and they really did so much! They helped us stage-manage the entire wedding, and everything seemed to go perfectly smoothly.
    The food and cake were absolutely delicious and really beautifully presented. We've received lots of compliments after the wedding! Very thoughtful about vegetarian and gluten-free options, too.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Robin · Married on 05/12/2013

We loved it all. My biggest problem was that I had difficulty getting around the room because I was stopped so often by my guests to receive compliments on the food and its presentation.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Johanna · Married on 05/11/2013

Jennifer Pellegrino and the rest of the team at Chef's did a wonderful job at our wedding at Corradetti Glass Studio. Jen was meticulous, responsive, and friendly, and the food was wonderful all around. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/23/2013