Chef Penelope's Catering Reviews

Chef Penelope's Catering 5
Chef Penelope's Catering 6
Chef Penelope's Catering 7

Andrew · Married on 07/14/2012

Chef Penelope and her team were amazing all the way around! We heard SO many of our guests rave over the food. Dechari was especially accommodating and fun to work with. They also sent us with two to-go boxes (which was a surprise to us) that we demolished (and needed!) later that night. We highly recommend Chef P!

Sent on 02/02/2013

B · Married on 06/01/2012

I wanted a unique "southern" style menu. After speaking with several caterers, I contacted Chef Penelope and she designed a menu to fit exactly what I wanted. The presentation of the food was beautiful, and the food itself was delicious. Chef Penelope was there personally to see that everything went perfect, and even the guests commented on her professionalism and how attentive her staff was. I would highly recommend Chef Penelope!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Megan · Married on 05/27/2012

Chef Penelope and Dechari were so extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process! Chef penelope was very flexible and willing to work with our budget, as well as what our overall vision for the wedding. During the reception she went above and beyond what she needed to do and went around asking guests if they wanted/needed anything else. And her food was AMAZING! I loved all of it and we got so many compliments about how great our food and menu were. At the end of the night she even made my husband and I a picnic basket with all the food that we ate as a midnight snack :) She was absolutely lovely and I am so extremely glad we chose her!!!!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Kathy · Married on 10/22/2011

My daughter wanted a beautiful fall wedding with food that everyone would remember as being absolutely wonderful. We wanted food that would appeal to all types but with a presentation that looked completely upscale and that is what we accomplished. I only wish I could have more parties so that I could have Chef Penelope and her staff cater. They are professional in everything they do. I have had so many friends comment on the food and the staff. She made that part of our wedding so easy.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Cara · Married on 10/01/2011

Chef Penelope and her team are awesome. She makes the BEST food (our guests RAVED about the white truffle and asiago mac and cheese and the delicious Carnitas station!

Penelope is sweet and fun to work with and she truly cares that you are happy. They set up the food in such a beautiful way.

I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Bryn · Married on 09/03/2011

Chef Penelope and her staff were amazing! The food tasted delicious and we got lots of compliments on it. The lamb chop lolipops were out of this world. :) Her staff was great - very interactive with our guests and helpful. She was very helpful in coming up with a menu that had both my taste and my grooms. She even came up with a 'Smores bar for the light night crowd - that totally won everyone over. We were extrememly satisfied!

Sent on 09/29/2011

Adria · Married on 06/04/2011

Chef Penelope was absolutely fantastic to work with! Not only was she so fun to work with, but her food was incredible too! Many of my friends have recently been married and they were so jealous of our food. Chef Penelope and her staff went above and beyond for us! We wanted to personalize a certain food station because it 100% represented us as a couple. We packed up a tote full of fun pictures and other items and Penelope made sure that they made it onto the station table and then packed into the tote at the end of the night! She was wonderful! We could not have been more pleased!! We actually still sit and talk about how much we want to go back to that night so that we can eat again! :)

Sent on 07/08/2011

natasha · Married on 05/27/2011

Chef Penelope was an AMAZING chef. Everyone who attended our wedding was blown away with not only how great the food was but how it was presented. My husband and I can not thank her enough for all she did to make the food at our wedding a hit. The price couldn't have been any better either!! Best Caterer in Nashville for sure!

Sent on 06/29/2011

Emily · Married on 04/30/2011

Chef Penelope and her team were absolutely amazing! I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Penelope was always easy to get in touch with and responded quickly to emails and phone calls. She is extremely friendly and does her job well. It is easy to see that she has a lot of experience in event catering and her attention to detail and professionalism was wonderful. I felt completely confident having her handle the catering for my wedding. She and her staff were on time, fulfilled their duties (and more!) and had everything completely cleaned up and removed before I even realized it! They were so quick and courteous and we had so many compliments on the food and the staff. I was so happy we got the chance to work with Chef Penelope!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Terah · Married on 06/25/2010

I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to work with Chef Penelope! We had a reception with around 200 guests and they all have raved about the food since the wedding. My husband and I were very happy with our initial meeting with Penelope and never worried a moment during the wedding process. Great food, great service, and a very down to earth professional catering company. We look forward to the day when we can work with them again!

Sent on 07/29/2010

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2009

Chef Penelope and her team did an awesome job! I found Penelope through another friends wedding and when I heard about the great food and the great price I knew I wanted to use her and her team. We were able to go to a taste testing and eat a selection of her delicious food and we booked her that night! Penelope was very easy to work with and the food was excellent. I didn't get to eat much at the wedding but what I did was very tasty and our guests said the food was great as well. We loved working with Penelope and would recommend her services. She also has a great restaurant called the Pfunky Griddle, great great food!

Sent on 10/13/2009

Lindsay · Married on 09/19/2009

Penelope was amazing!! She was there when i had a questions and offered help that wasn't even related to catering. Every guest raved about the food :) Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Rhonda · Married on 07/08/2017

From my initial telephone call through the moment the last server left the house, the entire experience with Chef Penelope was stellar. They provide delicious and beautiful foods as well as gorgeous serving pieces that you can choose to fit your aesthetic. Every email was promptly and thoroughly answered. The groom has a serious food allergy, and Chef Penelope was extremely careful with his food, particularly the bridal couple's Go Box. The team that assembled and served the food was professional, neat, and courteous. The areas they used were clean when they walked out the door. We fed 200 people at a cocktail hour wedding reception, and many of these guests asked for the name of our caterer. We have a lot of parties, and I've used some of the other caterers listed at this site. Now, I want to have another party soon just so I can work with Chef Penelope again. I'm so glad I found them! Thanks, Wedding Wire!

Sent on 07/10/2017

j · Married on 05/28/2016

Chef Penelope's team thought of things that I would have overlooked and made the catering portion of our wedding stress free. That alone was worth the price but the food was amazing as well. The team left the kitchen in better shape than they found it. They worked quietly behind the scenes and made it seem seamless. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Ruth · Married on 10/20/2013

Our favorite comment of the night from what our guests said about the food from Chef Penelope: "The green beans were so good and how often does someone get that excited about green beans". The food was excellent. We had our reservations about a buffet but the quality of food was just so good. We picked a southern menu and it really was perfect with the venue. I had to work with vendors from a few hundred miles away and they were very easy to work with and accommodating. They even helped out with a guest that had some dietary restrictions.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Tammy · Married on 05/10/2008

My fiance and I ditched our initial plans to elope and found ourselves planning a May wedding during the middle of the Christmas holidays. I contacted a number of local caterers--no one was willing to discuss a May wedding. Penelope was recommended to me by a friend. Not only did she take the time to talk with me, but she was downright enthusiastic when I described our plans for an early morning, Scottish-themed wedding with brunch to follow. She put together a tasting for my fiance and I, and we were thrilled to find that her food actually exceeded her enthusiam. She is very creative in her approach to food, and the result is always tasty! Penelope was always responsive to my questions and concerns during those next few months, and as the big day approached, she met with my florist and rentals coordinator to ensure that all the details were covered. Our reception was everything we hoped for, and the brunch buffet was fabulous. Our guests are still raving about the food. A few days before the wedding, we decided to host a "morning after" breakfast for our out-of-town guests. I called Penelope in a panic. Not to worry, she arrived at 8 am the morning after our wedding and delivered a beautiful breakfast casserole, platter of fruit, and pastries. Penelope's skill in the kitchen is only surpassed by her enthusiasm and willingness to please her clients. I would recommend her highly, and will call on her myself whenever we need to feed a crowd.

Sent on 08/05/2008

Jordan · Married on 09/15/2012

I am so glad Chef Penelope catered our wedding reception. She put together a fabulous menu and was very flexible. My husband and I eat a vegetarian diet and several of our wedding guests eat a vegan diet and/or have a gluten allergy. Chef Penelope was more than willing to work with those restrictions. She prepared a menu that included a red pepper risotto, vegetable skewers, bread, salad, green beans, and roasted potatoes. At our request, she put cheese and butter on the side so that our vegan friends could eat everything on the menu.

Everything was excellent. We received a lot of compliments--even from those skeptical meat-eating relatives. And the friends with dietary restrictions were incredibly pleased. Thank you, Chef Penelope!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Julie · Married on 07/03/2011

Selecting the best caterer for a wedding (or any event) is one of the biggest concerns for anyone planning an event. We contacted and interviewed several prior to our July 4th wedding. Early on, Chef Penelope and her staff quickly distinguished themselves to be the most responsive, easiest to contact, and supplied the best resources for us for our consideration. Both Penelope and her staff helped us follow our vision of the celebration while making some wonderful suggestions. We were pleased with all we chose as well as the price. Penelope has frequent opportunities to sample her food and to discuss absolutely EVERYTHING! We honestly did not have to worry about a thing...we could enjoy our event without concern. During the wedding the catering staff always made sure we were pleased. The food was delicious and the presentation was just beautiful! My daughter, the bride, just loved the final touch of having a beautiful picnic basket full of goodies and beverages handed to her and her groom for their private late night snacking later that night. Whether my future parties are big or small, I will always know who to turn to...Chef Penelope and her staff...They will make our events SHINE!

Sent on 08/19/2011

C · Married on 08/14/2009

I absolutely LOVED Chef Penelope, not to mention that her food was fantastic! She and her staff were completely wonderful and professional -- everything ran beautifully and we had lots of great comments about our delicious food, even though we didn't go with the most expensive dishes Penelope had to offer. She worked with us on our tight budget to build a beautiful yet affordable meal, but is also able to go "over the top" with the fanciest of feasts! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/15/2009

She put on w fantastic open house and catering event where we were able to go to her work place and try her food and meet her lovely staff. Everyone was so attentive and friendly. Not to mention the food was great!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Martha · Married on 05/14/2016

They did a delicious brunch for our wedding. Be sure to try the sweet potato grits with barbecue if you go to a tasting party! Everyone I had communication with was very kind, professional, and helpful. Penelope is really amusing and knowledgable. Loved our experience!

Sent on 05/27/2016

Katie · Married on 02/28/2009

3.5

Food was absolutely delicious! She makes great and beautiful food! Really glad we used her for the rehearsal and reception!!

Sent on 04/29/2009

Karisa · Married on 06/14/2008

She was amazing! She worked with us on every level, budget, menu, and even decor! She was so flexible and the food was delicious!

Sent on 09/05/2008

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2007

3.5

This is possibly the best food you'll ever eat. Flexible menu options, reasonable pricing, and very creative ideas - why have just mashed potatoes when you can baked mashed potato cakes with optional toppings like bacon bits, chives, and cheese. :) All of my guests raved about the food afterword. Last I heard, Penelope was opening a restaurant in the Nashville area - my husband and I already have plans to eat there on our first aniversary.

Also, Penelope and her staff are extremely professional - always on time and organized.

Sent on 02/08/2008

4.2
      3.5

My food was wonderful. The macaroni and cheese and the stuffed mushroom caps were to DIE for. I would eat them every day for the rest of my life if I could. However, the bar service was not awesome. I was told they would have lime juice for my gin gimlet specialty cocktail and they did not. So the 3 specialty cocktails I had planned for my guests turned into 2. The signs they said they would make explaining all of my cocktail choices only went up after my mother complained. It seemed a little unorganized. That would be my only complaint!

Sent on 04/01/2013