Chef du Jour Catering Reviews

31 | Portland, OR

31 Reviews for Chef du Jour Catering

Sadie · Married on 07/16/2017

Updated Review 7/17/18: New management is amazing. Colette is definitely going out of her way to renew and repair this company. Her food is fresh and up to date- very tasty! We couldn’t stop eating the dessert. I wish she was around when we had our wedding, I know that it would have been a completely different experience. I wholeheartedly believe she is giving 100% to her clients and making food that everyone will love.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Menghan · Married on 07/22/2016

Eric was the caterer that came with our wedding venue. His food is soooo good! We had an initial tasting where Eric prepared a few entrees and appetizers for us, and we picked our favorites. We had a buffet for the wedding, and our guests RAVED about the food. I can’t even count how many compliments we got about the food. Eric is also super nice and easy to communicate with over email. We strongly recommend him for your events!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Kelsey · Married on 04/16/2016

Eric and his staff are fantastic to work with! Everything he prepares is delicious and it is very reasonably priced. There are no surprise fees and no markups, i.e., we were able to provide our own alcohol, no cake cutting fee, etc. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Chef Eric did a FANTASTIC job. The food was amazing! Everyone loved it. I'm glad we went with Chef du Jour. The process was so easy and the hardest part was picking out what we wanted because they had such a wide variety of foods to choose from. Their menu had food that made the kids, the vegetarians, and the gluten-free folks happy. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Megan · Married on 10/10/2015

There aren't enough words to express how happy we were with our catering!!! The bride had a serious food allergy (requiring gluten free) and Eric was able to modify our selections without any trouble --- and they tasted AMAZING! He was so wonderful to work with - from the phone consult to the tasting and even they day of our wedding! Our guests were very happy with the food selection and the value was remarkable for the quality he provided!!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2015

Eric and his team are the absolute best. We met with quite a few caterers and Eric was easily the most reasonable one of them all. His food was spectacular, and working with him made wedding planning a lot less stressful for us. Once we met with him, we didn't even consider anyone else. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2015
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2015

Eric and his team were amazing. The staff working our wedding were so polite and went out of their way to make our wedding perfect. A few things that really make Chef du Jour Catering stand out:
    Pricing - plated is cheaper than buffet - as Eric points out each person is only eating one entree in a plated dinner; half price for vendor meals; no fee for doing a tasting
    Flexibility - created a special meal for our young guests; searched high and low for rainbow colored carrots; and re-created an app that I had liked from another event
    Alcohol - handled our kegs, champagne and hard alcohol for no additional fees and stored the leftovers while we were on our honeymoon.
    If my husband and I are ever in need of a caterer, Eric will be the first person we call.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Suzanne · Married on 09/04/2015

Our venue gave us a list of preferred catering companies. Eric was our first call. It was a great fit from the first meeting. The groom wanted steak and with a guest list topping 200 we didn't think this was possible. Eric made it happen. The menu, which had something for everyone (including our vegan and vegetarian guests) was delicious and represented the Northwest. We had a last minute change of plans due to rain and Eric and his amazing team were able to switch gears and deliver cocktails and appetizers 45 minutes ahead of our planned time. We also had a few problems with wine - solved by Eric and his amazing team. This is the kind of professionalism you want. Can't speak to the value compared to other vendors but will definitely state that Eric is worth every dime you spend. Thanks Eric (and staff) - our day was perfect!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Christina · Married on 09/28/2014

Amazing food for very reasonable prices. Even we were surprised by how good everything tasted on our wedding day! Would definitely reccommend Eric and Chef Du Jour.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Nora · Married on 07/12/2014

I had a great experience with Eric at Chef du Jour Catering and highly recommend using his company for your wedding.

There are two VERY IMPORTANT aspects about using Eric's services that (after speaking with over 12 caterers and doing hours of research) set him apart from the competition that any bride will appreciate. Because choosing a caterer is stressful, and unless you've used their services before, you just never actually know how it's going to go.

1) He is VERY FLEXIBLE. His answer to just about every question we had about whether or not we could do something, or have something a certain way, was: "Sure, we can do that."
    2) His prices are VERY reasonable and STAY very reasonable. There are NO hidden fees or extra costs. He won't tell you he can do something and then say that it costs extra. His catering bill includes the set up, the cake cutting service, the pouring of the champagne at the table, the serving of the cake etc. All these things cost EXTRA at 99% of all other catering companies. Knowing I wasn't going to get a bill with charges for little extra things was a huge weight off my mind (I once read about a bride getting her final bill and being charged for the caterer helping to move some chairs...ridiculous).

Also, the food was great and I was very impressed by his staff. They were professional and very pleasant. The waiters were cheerful and you could tell they were really trying to do a good job. That meant a lot.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Eric is very easy to work with. He is able to accommodate different budgets and he is always available via email or phone. The food was delicious, we ate leftovers the next day. His menu has plenty of options. He was not present on the wedding date but his staff was very helpful.

Sent on 08/02/2014
  • O

Olesya · Married on 07/13/2013

WOW.

What can we say. Chef du Jour catered our wedding a month ago and end to end this was a superior experience.

This is more than just a catering company, this is a full service planning and event service. Our planner Eric Youel handled every single detail from the food to the furniture to the glassware. He managed the entire set-up of our venue from the tables to the placement of favors and all decorative elements. Not a single detail was missed, not a single mistake was made. The entire lead-up to the event and the event itself ran without a hitch. Perfection.

Most importantly the standard of the food was superb. Chef du Jour can create any kind of menu you heart desires. We were able to incorporate personal favorites and I was able to make sure that the menu incorporated a great selection of food.

The staffing that Chef du Jour brings in for the event is top tier. Everything moved effortlessly, every need was catered for, every guest had everything they could have wanted. It was beyond professional and just perfect all round.

We really can't use enough superlatives to describe the experience we've had with Chef du Jour.

Also, worth noting to prospective couples - the pricing is extremely clear. There are NO hidden costs here. What you are quoted is what you pay - all tips are included, all fees are included, it's completely transparent. I found that extremely refreshing.

We'll definitely be back for future parties and events.

Sent on 09/02/2013

James · Married on 07/12/2013

Eric and his Chef du Jour staff prepared a wonderful dinner buffet at my daughter's wedding July 13, 2013 at Vista Hills Vineyard and Winery. From the pre-planning, setup and follow through to the actual catering event, everything went off without a hitch. The food was excellent, the service was superior, and many of our guests commented positively on both. I wholeheartedly recommend Chef du Jour for weddings or other events requiring the finest in catering.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Morgan · Married on 09/28/2012

Delicious food and on the ball service for wedding events! They will help with anything needed. did I mention delicious delicious food? YUM! Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/14/2012
  • Kessley

Kessley · Married on 05/27/2012

Eric at Chef Du Jour Catering makes truly AMAZING food!!! I can not thank you enough for all that you did for us to make our wedding special. Not only was the food to die for, but Eric also helped me set up my candy buffet. He had all of these beautiful jars and bowls for candy and made my buffet so beautiful. I do not live in the area but if I ever need an event catered in Portland again, you will be who I call. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Kristin · Married on 09/10/2011

Eric and his team are phenomenal! The food was delicious, which is the most important this, right? On top of that, the servers were polite and professional, but also engaging and personable. Since my wedding, I have continued to work with Chef du Jour for many, many work events and can't say enough good things about them. I highly recommend them to all my friends and family!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Kathy · Married on 07/16/2011

We are so happy with Chef Du Jour! They did such a great job catering our wedding. Eric was so professional and responsive to all my questions and made our wedding day such a success! The catering staff were SO nice, always asking if we needed anything and confirming everything to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. The food was great, we got a lot of compliments on it, and the dinner portion of the reception could not have gone better thanks to their awesome staff. I would recommend them to any future bride and groom, thanks Eric!!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Lena · Married on 02/05/2011

Chef du Jour catered my wedding in Albany and did an amazing job. The food was incredible, the presentation was beautiful, and the whole staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/15/2011

Tia · Married on 07/31/2009

Eric was so easy to work with, the tasting session, as well as the wedding dinner was FANTASTIC, and his crew was professional, yet fun to be around. Excellent service, I'm giving him and his crew 5 stars!!

Sent on 08/18/2009

Tiffany · Married on 05/06/2017

Eric was one of those vendors who initially almost seemed "true good to be true", but he ended up being everything he promised and more.
    He catered to our large 200 person, family-style wedding. The food at the wedding has been the biggest compliment we've received from guests since the big day! The food arrived hot, the serving staff was spectacular, and it was exactly as we had tasted it (if not better).
    Despite being incredibly busy, Eric was willing to meet as many times as needed during the planning process to get the menu right and to have additional tastings. He answered every question thoroughly, and was willing to work with us on customizing the menu and make the day truly perfect.
    Eric himself was very personable and easy-going. His staff was one of the highlights of our night, they were so friendly and outgoing! A couple of them ran over to shake my grandfather's hand at the end of the night which he found very endearing.
    We couldn't have been happier with the entire service.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Eric did an amazing job catering our wedding. He was a preferred caterer at our venue (Holy Names Heritage Center). Our tasting before the wedding was great and he was able to negotiate menu and price with us. We ended up with exactly what we wanted and our guests had positive things to say about the food (especially his roasted red potatoes). He listened to what we wanted and made changes to the menu accordingly. Eric was flexible on menu and linen orders up to a few days before the wedding. His crew working the day of did a phenomenal job. Eric was present to get the day started and then left the party in the capable hands of his staff. They were friendly, stayed on task and were quick to clean up. They looked and acted professional. Overall, our experience was fantastic.

Sent on 10/06/2013

G · Married on 05/04/2013

Chef du Jour's quality of food was excellent. My guests still talks about the food. Some said it was the best food they ever had in a wedding! The staff were so polite and respectful. The service was a top notch.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Sara · Married on 10/25/2014

Eric and his team were great. My husband and i had very VERY specific requests for our menu. I have a lot of food allergies and my fiancé is from the french Caribbean so we wanted to incorporate dishes from his island. Eric was super accommodating to my food allergies, which were quite tricky, like avoiding all vegetable oil and dairy. He also totally nailed the Caribbean dishes. My husband's and his family were raving about the food he made, talking about how much it reminded them of the dishes back home. I also asked Eric to send me about a million different prices quotes for a variety of menus and he was totally cool and accommodating with that even though I'm sure it was a tedious task. I totally recommend them.

Sent on 11/03/2014
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 07/22/2017

3.5

We thought Chef du Jour was one of the most reasonable caterers and they were very accommodating! On the day of the wedding, Gabriel was a huge help! We definitely recommend Chef du Jour!

Sent on 08/12/2017

3.5

Eric was great to work. The food was awesome and they made everything so easy. I didn't feel like I had to worry about a thing in regards to the food or bar.

Sent on 04/18/2016