Chef Dan's Southern Comfort Reviews

16 | Indianapolis, IN

16 Reviews for Chef Dan's Southern Comfort

16 Chef Dan's Southern Comfort Reviews

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2014

I discovered Chef Dan and Allison through my venue. I could bring in whatever catering I preferred but I asked the venue, who had done the best job for them. I scheduled a tasting with them and didn't look anywhere else. My main priority was to not have my wedding have typical wedding food. I wanted it to be good food. We went with Romano Crusted Chicken, sautéed broccoli, cheddar mashed potatoes and Mac n cheese. Cajun pasta is also a fav. I got tons of compliments but especially for the mac n cheese, most people said its the best they had ever had and I think that says a lot. Allison is so sweet and I changed my mind several times and then switched from buffet to seated dinner. She was very accommodating and super helpful. The did a great job and it went very smoothly. They are very flexible. Honesty after meeting with them and emails back and forth, they were the least stressful part about my wedding. I would send Allison random ?'s often and she would respond quickly. For example, I was worried what the tea and lemonade would be served in, no fear they were cute and no need for me to worry in the first place. I also like the fact that I can go to their place and get my food I had at my wedding whenever I want. No doubt I have zero regrets going with Chef Dan.

Helina · Married on 09/20/2014

Chef Dan's was top notch in every category. My guests absolutely loved their food and not only went back for seconds but wanted thirds! From the very beginning I knew I wanted "home cooking" but with an added pizzaz and that is truly what I got. You couldn't ask for better food or service! I could eat everything on their menu EVERY DAY! Thank you Chef Dan's and Team!!!

Jenn & TC · Married on 09/13/2014

Dan & Alison,
    TC & I can not begin to express our appreciation for all that you did for us! You both made everything so easy; from our yummy rehearsal dinner, the wedding day breakfast & lunch meals, the amazing cocktail hour & the delicious reception dinner!! We thank you & your staff for making our wedding & reception so delicatessenly memorable!!

We knew from the moment we chose Chef Dan's Southern Comfort for our catering needs, that we would be taken care of!!! We loved the tasting, all the choices & how wonderful you both were in assisting us when we weren't sure on dining decisions! ☺️

We were so appreciative of how you made us feel right at home and how kind everyone was to not only TC & I, but to our friends and family!!!

We could not begin to rave enough about our wonderful experience!! Thank you isn't quite enough, but THANK YOU!!

Jenn & TC Penn

Sent on 09/28/2014

Chef Dan's Southern Comfort's reply:

It was our pleasure and it all came together beautifully!

Donna · Married on 08/16/2014

Chef Dan and Allison were wonderful to work with for my daughter's August outdoor wedding. They were willing to help us create a picnic buffet in which I received numerous compliments from the 250 guests. The food was delicious and the service they provided up to and during the event was great.

I would highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Chef Dan's Southern Comfort's reply:

Thank you Donna. It was a pleasure. Your ideas were fantastic.

The Mac and Cheese was awesome and so was the cheesecake!!

Jacque · Married on 07/04/2014

Everything went wonderful! We will be recommending Chef Dan to all of our friends! Food was perfect, service was great! Five across the board!

Mackenzie · Married on 10/05/2013

Chef Dan's food was so delicious. Everyone was raving about the most tinder chicken they have ever had with the mouth watering roasted pepper sauce. The asparagus was also yummy and everyone loved it. I will be using Chef Dan's catering service in the future.

marti · Married on 09/21/2013

We had an outdoor wedding last Saturday. The food was delicious and the buffet line went well. It was very pleasant to make the arrangements with Allison and Dan. There were many comments about how good the food was and we are very grateful for having picked them to fix the food. I would highly recommend them. They even had to deal with a very steep drive. Ha

Meg · Married on 09/01/2013

Oh my...I do not have enough amazing things to say about Chef Daniel and his wife!!! They just catered out 250 person wedding at my parent's home with people all over the country attending and I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the food. AMAZING. We had the parmesan chicken, bacon wrapped shrimp, roast beef bar, sweet and mashed potato bars, collard greens and last but not least the risotto. It was incredible! I was the bride and was supposed to be greeting everyone...instead I was scarfing my food down :) They showed up on time and were incredible throughout the wedding planning process. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended...!

Lori · Married on 06/22/2013

Very nice and great food. Easy to work with and cared about our thoughts and concerns.

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about these guys. Allison and Dan were so great and accommodating with all my questions and changes to the menu and budget. We ended up going with the cajun chicken pasta, pork tenderloin, white cheddar mashed potatoes and green bean casserole in the end and all our guests RAVED about it for days after!

I've been in the wedding industry for 10 years which afforded me the opportunity to eat wedding food at hundreds of receptions. I had never been to one where I ever thought 'Wow this food is great' so that was something that was really important to me, to not have food that tasted like it came from a frozen microwave dinner. I wanted food everyone would really enjoy and Chef Dan's definitely delivered.

Allison always replied to the many emails I sent her incredibly quickly and they worked with my budget and helped make my dream wedding food a reality. A week after the wedding my husband and I were ready to go visit their central library cafe for more! I will definitely be recommending them to all my friends and clients getting married in the future.

Johnny · Married on 04/27/2013

With our casual wedding we opted to have Chef Dan's come in their truck and serve there drool-worthy southern style comfort food to our guests!

After dinner, I overheard all the guests raving about how tasty the food was, and how unique it was to have dinner served from a food truck!

It was so much fun and we'll never forget the experience.. and neither will our guests!

Dana · Married on 11/03/2012

As with most couples, having amazing food at our wedding was a top priority. I searched for quite some time, and for some reason I kept coming back to the Chef Dan website. We had just moved to Indianapolis and did not know anyone that could give us a recommendation for a great caterer, so on a whim one evening I finally decided to reach out to Chef Dan’s, and boy am I glad I did.

First, the food. The food was DELICIOUS! And the price was VERY affordable, which was also important to us as we were on a pretty tight budget. They did not skimp on anything. We decided to do hors d’oeuvres for a cocktail hour and a full sit down meal for the reception. Days later, our guests were still raving about the food. From the crab cake bites to the sautéed green beans, I still have a hard time picking my favorite dish. Chef Dan’s even thought enough of us to set aside some hors d’oeuvres so that my husband and I could munch a little while we took pictures before the reception.

Second, the customer service. Chef Dan and his wife Allison are two of the NICEST people you will ever meet. They are very personable all the while remaining very professional. My numerous emails were always returned promptly and I was never told that something was silly or that it couldn’t be done. My husband and I needed to order tables and chairs from the same rental company that Chef Dan’s uses, and Allison was nice enough to put our request on with hers so that there would only be one order. And now, months after the wedding, each time we run into Chef Dan’s AMAZING food truck, we are always greeted with a smile and a “how are you?”, just as if we were old friends catching up.

Chef Dan’s was by far our favorite vendor for our wedding. My husband and I still talk about how great that aspect of our wedding was. If you are looking for great food, a professional and personable vendor, top-notch service, and an overall great value for your money, please consider Chef Dan’s!

Tara · Married on 05/19/2012

Chef Dan makes DELICIOUS food!! We had comfort food for our wedding- Fried Chicken, mac n cheese, green beans, salad, and rolls. Everyone absolutely RAVED about how good the chicken was. Chef Dan takes normal food and makes it extraordinary. The prices are very low and you get a lot of bang for your buck.

• F

Fiona · Married on 06/05/2010

The most amazing tasty food, for excellent prices. Allison and Daniel were wonderful, and amazingly responsive to all of requests and needs, and did a great job at our wedding

• User3298228 · event on: 02/06/2013

Chef Dan's catered my wife's birthday, which also happened to be Superbowl Sunday. We fed about 45 people, and still had left overs. Absolutely fantastic food!! Highly recommended!!!