Chef By Request Reviews

132 | Lisle, IL

132 Reviews for Chef By Request

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2016

My art museum wedding was beautiful and I had Katie constantly checking in with me to make sure my husband and I were happy. They were more than accommodating with our financial situation. Very professional! So happy with how it all turned out.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Shannon · Married on 10/16/2015

Chef by Request was the caterer for our wedding and they were a hit. All around, everything you could want in a caterer. The food (appetizers, salad, plated main course, late night snack) was delicious, served warm and fresh (made on site) by a great team of friendly servers and staff. We worked with Katie Merkle, who was so awesome. She listened to our needs, provided feedback and helped us build a menu that was personalized, seasonal and pleased all of our guests. Chef by request was so accomodating and welcoming--we couldn't have asked for a better vendor to handle this important part of our wedding day. If you are planning an event in the Chicago area, you owe it to yourself to give them a call!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Taryn · Married on 09/19/2015

Absolutely impressed with the quality of the food, helpfulness of the staff, and ease to work with. We had a backyard reception and they did a great job...Although it was in our backyard, it wasn't super casual based on the food/decor. We had a buffet-style with chicken, pasta, and a meat as an entree, veggies, potatoes, etc. People were extremely impressed with the quality of the food and service. (We also hired them as bartenders.) Pricing is fair for what they provide, and much less expensive than other caterers in the area. THANK YOU! :)

Sent on 11/05/2015

Mark · Married on 08/15/2015

We decided to use their Brazilian Menu, and the executed the entire event with professionalism, quality, and more important amazing food (beyond our expectations). Many guests said this was the best food they have had in any other weddings.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Katie Merkle and the rest of the staff at Chef By Request did an exceptional job making our vision come to life. We had a breakfast-for-dinner superhero-themed wedding, and Katie and the staff were 100% on board from our first meeting. Never once were we made to feel like we were doing something wrong or inappropriate by having a nontraditional event; in fact, Katie was eager to send ideas about themed drinks and even had the bartender show up dressed as Batman! All of the wait staff and both bartenders were professional and on point all evening. We did run out of bacon before the end of the evening, but I found out later that some of my guests sneaked in for seconds before some people had had firsts!

Overall, my husband and I had an overwhelmingly positive experience working with Katie and her staff from entree selection to budgeting to service delivery, and we would recommend CBR to anyone. Just make sure to order extra bacon. :-)

Sent on 09/26/2015

Aly · Married on 06/13/2015

Katie Merkle is a DREAM!! We had a hard time finding a caterer that would be a good fit for our less than traditional, oversized wedding. Chef by Request was everything we wanted and more. Their food was incredible, we did Chicago-themed served family style for our 270 person outdoor wedding. While the food was delicious, the service staff and professionalism of CBR was what really blew us away. Like I said, Katie is one of my favorite people on earth. Amazing energy and ready to take on any challenge. And our wedding was definitely a challenge. Our reception was in a tent located probably 30 feet away from a lodge that had the kitchen for the CBR staff. And right about dinner time it decided to monsoon, meaning the staff had to run back and forth through INSANE rain, trying to get the food out to all of our guests in a timely manner, while at the same time, keeping it covered so the rain wouldn't destroy it. They were INCREDIBLE!! And the servers were all amazingly attentive and very kind! Honestly, they were the best choice we could have made and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a STELLAR caterer for any event! Thank you Katie and the CBR team!

Sent on 06/24/2015
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 06/05/2015

Pulled off a perfect evening! Everything went smoothly and we were able to simply enjoy our wedding! The service was terrific and the food was delicious!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Becky · Married on 05/08/2015

I got married and Danada House so Chef by Request was already a recommended vendor which made my decision really easy. I was choosing between 2 caterers and I chose CBR because the food was fantastic and Katie, the sales manager, was attentive, but not pushy. The process was incredibly easy for us. Katie was easy to work with and completely on top of everything. She worked with Danada house and our Band on everything so I only really needed to work with her instead of 4 different people. The day of the wedding the wait staff was very nice and attentive and Katie was there and on top of things. They were extremely accommodating. The 3.5 year old ring bearer really loved macaroni and cheese, but also wanted the beef entree the adults were getting so they put together a combination plate for him which he loved. My fiancee and I loved all 3 entrees and had a hard time choosing so they brought all 3 for us, while only charging for 2. They also brought out extra meals for our photographer when my fiancee found out he didn't enjoy the vendor meal all that much and wanted to make sure he had a good meal since he had been so amazing to us all day. I have no complaints about Chef by Request and highly recommend them to anyone with the amazing food and the amazing service from Katie.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Colleen · Married on 05/02/2015

My fiance and I recently worked with Chef by Request for our wedding in May 2015. We could not have asked for a better partner in not just catering our wedding, but also assisting in planning our wedding. We worked closely with Katie M. throughout the process. She is fantastic!! Katie was very patient and very helpful, while being very responsive. Katie as well as the whole Chef by Request team, were very flexible. They helped us create our perfect wedding day, while being mindful of our budget and special needs. We had the most memorable and amazing wedding day, we literally could not have asked for more!

The food was very well received by our guests. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing!! I would highly recommend the artichoke beignets as an appetizer, they are amazingly delicious! The catering team also set up the space at our venue and it was beyond stunning! It was so great working with such a competent, experienced and quality team. My fiance and I were completely at ease the day of the wedding, knowing that everything was in Katie and Chef by Request's capable hands.

We would highly recommend Chef by Request to anyone looking for a considerate, flexible, helpful and all around fantastic caterer! You will not regret this decision!

Sent on 05/17/2015

A · Married on 07/17/2014

Chef by Request was one of the best decisions we could have made for our July 17th wedding. I'm not sure if the negative reviews here are even talking about the right company.
    CBR was the first company to call me back (within a day or two of my leaving a message) and worked closely with us to provide the absolute best experience for our big day. In the middle of planning the event specialist changed due to our original girl taking a different position. At first I was nervous because Daniel had worked so wonderfully with us, but Katie Merkle was absolutely amazing and soon set me right at ease.
    These guys switched so many things around for us, answered so many of my crazy phone calls, worked closely on keeping everything right in our budget, made the day just beautiful and did so much more than I think normal catering companies do. From advice on making things flow smoothly, to recommendations based on their expertise, to my finally deciding to order a wedding cake on Monday and them having something even more beautiful than I imagined there on my Thursday wedding they just blew us away. I almost felt like they were my wedding planner they were so involved with every aspect! So professional, so helpful, and the day of they just held the most elegant event that our guests are still talking about. The food was just wonderful, some of the best I've ever had at a wedding (and I think most wedding/catered food tastes the same!), and they were able to provide for several of our guest's specialty diets including gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, while providing good protein options for those guests to enjoy!
    Because we had our wedding outdoors on the lawn my husband wasn't feeling too well just before dinner due to the heat. His stomach was bothering him and he could only drink water. Katie couldn't have that so she searched high and low to find him some medicine even offering to leave to go get some from a convenience store if she couldn't find it! We did get some from

Sent on 09/12/2014

Sue · event on 12/29/2013

From the very beginning working with the events director, Katie, on through the service provided at the party by Edwin, I was very pleased and most grateful. Katie offered good suggestions and ideas that made for excellent food and service, while keeping within a tight budget. Everyone raved about the food. Katie told me the Midwest Pot Roast was delicious and a great choice. Was she right! The green beans, rolls, salad, very impressive. There was plenty of food, even though Edwin had to calmly assure me that we wouldn't run out. We had more than enough. The CBR team is professional, flexible, friendly, and customer-oriented with excellent food at a great value. What else do you need from a caterer? I've already referred them and will use CBR again. Thank you to the CBR team!

Jane Ellen · Married on 12/27/2013

At Chef By Request, they are dedicated to assisting their clients with every aspect of the event planning process. Just as the brochure states: exquisite cuisine, first class presentation and impeccable service were combined to exceed our highest expectations! Starting the evening with delicious appetizers that pleased every palette on a cold winter evening, to perfectly cooked filet mignon and filet of salmon, mashed potatoes served with asparagus sprinkled with diced red peppers, the meal was a 5 STAR! The tables were set with elegance and perfection. And the excellent staff served and cleared without being noticed. The wines and champagne recommended by Chef David Miller were superb. Danielle Guzman, our wedding coordinator, was outstanding! Most importantly, the staff catered to our needs and did not upsell us on a single item needed for the wedding. The Dan Hayes Orchestra was the entertainment for the evening and complimented the Chef By Request staff for cooperating with the logistics of a 12 piece orchestra. Our daughter and son-in-law's wedding was a night to remember for years. We highly recommend Chef By Request!

Sent on 01/06/2014
  • W

Wendy · event on 12/21/2013

This is our "Go To Caterer" for all of our catered events. We've been very happy with the quality of food and personnel, the professionalism of the staff and the attention to detail.
    I always get to truly enjoy my own parties!

• User3798598 · event on 12/17/2013

At the last moment, I was able to find this business to provide a high quality lunch at an affordable price and they took care of everything. My clients were impressed.

• User3777203 · event on 12/14/2013

We used Chef By Request for our office holiday party. We were very pleased with quality of food, the service and the menu selections.

C · event on 12/08/2013

I have used Chef By Request for years and they never disappoint! The food is always hot, quickly replenished and always delicious! I recommend them to everyone and they are extremely professional and responsive to changes and requests. Love their servers also. They always go above and beyond!

Kathy · event on 12/07/2013

Great staff and service by Katie!

Sent on 01/10/2014
  • User3789811 · event on 11/08/2013

We have used Chef by Request twice and both times their staff (bartenders and servers) were exceptional...definitely made our party a success!

Sent on 01/06/2014
  • User3776650 · event on 10/13/2013

CBR helped me plan my event, from appetizers to sides ( we hosted a BBQ) the quality and quantity exceeded my expectations. I may have been a little panicked in the hours approaching party time but...
    The truck arrived,the awesome staff dressed tables set out the flowers and decorations, prepped the bar. They just made everything look great! The breakdown and put away was just as efficient an professional .
    I would hire them again without hesitation.

Cgm

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2013

Chef by request was a wonderful company to work with and made the planning of our reception easy and fun! They were incredibly accommodating of both mine as well as my now husbands work schedules and were incredibly flexible when it came to arranging tastings (even though they were at often at later/odd times. As far as the day of the wedding/ reception goes - the food and service was FANTASTIC! The guests absolutely raved about the food the day of the reception and they continue to tell me how good the food at our reception was! Overall my husband and I were very very pleased with your services and would highly recommend your services to those who are looking for a caterer!!!!!

Kim · Married on 10/11/2013

The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful.

Renee · event on 10/05/2013

Everything from the planning to the food and drink to the service and clean up was top-notch. The party at our home for 150 was effortless because we used Chef By Request.

Mary Agnes · event on 09/28/2013

Dave is a pleasure to work with at all times. He helped with our Charity event and never said no to anything we asked. In fact he would make suggestions and then delivered on his promises. I would highly recommend him for any event, private party or occasion, I would work with him again.

S · event on 08/17/2013

Great food and bar service. We used for 40th birthday.

Sabine · Married on 08/03/2013

I am very picky with the quality of food I use to cook with, so I expected the same from our caterer. Chef by Request did not disappoint. Everything was flavored and cooked to perfection, so no dried out tuff tasteless meat. The food was outstanding and the service staff was doing a great job.
    I can not praise the staff enough for how at ease everything was done and how friendly and professional everyone was toward us and our guest.
    Our wedding turned out to be our dream wedding with the help of Chef by Request. Thank you!!!