Chef and Baker Events and Catering Reviews

4 | Sacramento, CA

4 Reviews for Chef and Baker Events and Catering

Kristel and Gabriel were great to work with, very responsive and helpful. We went in for the tasting and everything was fantastic which really put our minds at ease. We were a little disappointed that we couldn't have tasted a wider variety of dishes in smaller portions (each sample was a full entree size which was great but meant that we could only try 2). In the end we didn't even choose either of the entrees that we had tried but because everything had been so tasty we didn't worry about it and on our wedding day everything was amazing. They were even able to adapt one of their delicious appetizers into a full entree for us, which turned out to be the most popular dish of the night. Our contract with them was tied to our venue but the cost ended up being about $156 per guest for food, service, linens, etc. Everything went perfectly for us and we would absolutely recommend them to a friend.

Sent on 01/02/2016

Abigail · Married on 05/15/2015

I'm a terrible bride for waiting so long to tell everyone how great Chef & Baker is! I was married back in May at the Park Winters, but my love affair with Kristel and Gabriel goes back to the previous year when we met to talk about catering options. Both my (now) husband and I walked away from that meeting feeling like they completely 'got' us and were the best people to help us envision and execute the menu for our wedding (in fact, we'd planned on getting a cake, but after meeting Kristel we just had to know what she would do for our desserts and we couldn't have been happier!).

Kristel was such a pleasure to work with on the operational end: responsive, well-organized and truly helpful with her suggestions and advice. Her attention to detail was evident all the way through to the gorgeous and delicious dessert bar. While there were a dozen things to stress about, this was one aspect that I felt completely confident in from day one due to Kristel's confidence and experience as a top-notch caterer and chef.

Gabriel clearly has a great joy for his work. When we met for our tasting at their newly opened restaurant Cask & Barrel in Sacramento (go there ASAP if you haven't been), he'd put the same time and care into the preparation of our tasting menu as he did the day of our wedding, and his food was absolute heaven. I was doubly glad we'd had a chance to try all of his creations that day because, as everyone told me, I spent too much time talking to people to eat that day (and when Gabriel found out I hadn't tried one of the appetizers he plated up a big pile of them and brought it over personally!).

We are so glad Chef and Baker could be a part of our wedding, and couldn't have imagined it any other way. I unreservedly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer, a restaurant to visit or just two cool folks to spend and hour chatting with about food!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Kristine · Married on 04/18/2015

Chef and Baker just catered our wedding last April 18, 2015.. The food was so excellent that people are still raving about it the next day! Chef Gabriel Glasier and Pastry Chef Kristel Flores, my husband and I cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day very special and memorable. You guys are awesome! I cannot imagine having a different caterer than you guys. I wish you more success in your business! Cheers!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Nikki · Married on 04/18/2015

When we were planning our big day, all we wanted was for a successful and memorable event that our families could enjoy. We wanted excellent food and great service for a night we would never forget.
    My wife and I found out about Chef and Baker through their other restaurant, Cask and Barrel which was featured in magazines. After tasting their food we knew we wanted them to do our catering and we can say that we made the best decision. The dining experience was perfect and creatively put together. Their menu selection was well thought of and executed with passion and great detail. We were very pleased and would highly recommend them for any special occasion.

Sent on 12/11/2015