Cheekadee Makeup Artists Reviews

184 | Philadelphia, PA

184 Reviews for Cheekadee Makeup Artists

Stacey · Married on 09/14/2007

3.5

Emily is an amazing make-up artist. She worked with me during 2 trials before my wedding to determine what the best look was for me. She also did an outstanding job on my mother and bridesmaid who never wears any make-up. We all got a ton of compliments on our make-up. I wish that Emily could do my make-up everyday!

Sent on 01/24/2008

Kathryn · Married on 11/18/2017

Cheekadee did a wonderful job for my wedding day makeup. Everyone was thrilled with their makeup results! We worked with Michele & LeeAnn who made the getting ready process very fun and relaxing in the bridal suite. They were very accommodating and worked at a consistent pace making sure we were all ready on time. I also enjoyed my trial with Michele which made me very comfortable with my wedding day look ahead of time. I had a few comments & tweaks on the day of and she worked them in perfectly!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2017

They were great! I think the makeup was a touch heavy on bridesmaids so it may have been smart to discuss strategy for them in advance but otherwise great!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Kristin, thank you so much for taking the time to write a quick review, It was such a pleasure to work with you and your entire party. We try our best to cater to each person's tastes while maintaining a classic and elegant wedding look for the entire wedding party. Sarah Dicicco captured such beautiful & amazing memories of your wedding day! Thank you again for letting Cheekadee be apart of your big day!

Sara · Married on 09/23/2017

The Cheekadee team was wonderful to work with for our wedding weekend. Haley and Jen were absolutely amazing and very willing to travel and stay overnight for my wedding (which was a 3 hour drive from Philly). They also came up early the night before to do hair and make-up for the rehearsal dinner. 100% of my bridesmaids and family members who had their make-up done were thrilled with the result, I highly recommend using the team! One thing to note - I had a number of artists being swapped in an out in the months leading up to my wedding for one reason or another, which at first made me very nervous. It was a complete non-factor at the end of the day, and I couldn't have been happier with Haley and Jen!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thanks Sara! Hayley and Jen were so excited to work with you! We apologize about the artist switch ups! Nicole was so upset she has to back out of the wedding when she found out she was having her first baby the same month as your wedding. We are so glad that you had a wonderful day! The wedding sounded so beautiful and unique. Many blessings to you and your husband!

Sallie · Married on 09/16/2017

Cheekadee was so great to work with. From scheduling and details with Jo, to day of with Nina, I was more than happy with the service I received. They were recommended to me by a friend and I couldn't be more happy about my decision.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Thanks for doing a wonderful job for my daughter and her wedding party.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Kristen · Married on 06/24/2017

4.2
      3.5

Cheekadee was awesome. I loved working with Hailey and LeeAnn for my wedding. Hailey was really open to feedback during my trial and did such a flawless job on the day-of. One of my bridesmaids loved her and LeeAnn so much that she is using them for her wedding!

Overall, Cheekadee is super organized and Jo always responded in a timely manner. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen! It really means so much to us when our clients take the time to write a review! Congratulations again! We also look forward to working with your friend!!!
  • Lewis

Lewis · Married on 06/08/2019

1.6
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0

Cheekadee did not take direction well and upcharged our guests...

Emailing with Nina and Jo to coordinate makeup for our wedding was very pleasant, but our wedding party left feeling disappointed and even offended. The makeup artist, LeeAnn, told two of our guests that they cannot have the look they wanted due to their “hooded eyes”.

We asked that they not upsell additional services like airbrushing and eyelashes to our guests on the day of, which they agreed to— only to then individually offer these services without being clear about the added price. It was very unprofessional and frankly not worth the money.

The only real positive was that Meghan (hair artist) seemed to be good, even helping out with a few items when there was down time! Thanks for the help Meghan!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Hi Lewis, we are sad that you felt you did not have a positive experience with us. We really strive for excellence and pride ourselves in outstanding customer service. LeeAnn felt they she did her best but is sorry that she did not meet your expectations. She also did not mean to come off as offensive in any way and apologizes for that. We are sorry for any miscommunication and confusion regarding pricing. Very glad that you had a positive experience with Meghan’s services and also with the communication. We thank you and we do hope that you had a beautiful wedding day.

Caitlin · Married on 11/03/2017

1.0

Working with Cheekadee was a wonderful experience! They are always very responsive and pleasant via email leadeing up to my big day. Kim was great during the trial and when it came time for the wedding day she was excellent. She set time in the beginning to review what our plan was which was great because I ended changing the look I wanted from the trial (I wanted to go for a softer more natural look). She listened to me and did just that! She was also great on keeping me updated while she was working so there were no surprises in the end. All and all a great experience and I would highly recommend! - Caitlin

Sent on 11/13/2017

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Hi Caitlin! Thank you SO very much for the fantastic review! It was such a pleasure working with you and your entire party! I hope you will contact us again in the near future for any other makeup needs! All the best to you both!