Cheekadee Makeup Artists Reviews

184 | Philadelphia, PA

184 Reviews for Cheekadee Makeup Artists

Erin · Married on 09/23/2017

Jo and Katie from Cheekadee were great. Responsive to messages leading up to event and day of, Katie was on time, easy to work with and did a BEAUTIFUL job on all of the women. We all wanted different levels of makeup and Katie listen, adjusted throughout and made sure each woman was happy with the result. As a bride, I could not be happier with my look. Amazing experience and would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Erin! Thank you so much for the lovely review! We loved working with you and your wedding party! We wish you all the best!

Laura · Married on 10/29/2016

Nina from Cheek-a-Dee was the absolute best! I am not usually one for getting my make up done, because I often end up feeling too caked on, and not like myself. I can't express how happy I was with the outcome--Nina listened to all of my requests but also shared her expert opinion (I don't wear a lot of make up so really didn't have any idea of what I wanted!)

All of the girls looked beautiful and were also really happy with their look. One of my favorite vendors to work with, thanks, Nina!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Laura! We appreciate you taking the time to write these kind words! Many thanks to you and your family for being so wonderful!

Joanna · Married on 10/14/2016

Nina was awesome! Everyone looked beautiful and I could not have been happier with my make up. Definitely one of the best decisions I made in regards to the wedding

Sent on 11/16/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Joanna thank you so much! It was such a pleasure working with you as well!!! Congratulations!
  • Alice

Alice · Married on 09/04/2016

I worked with Nina from Cheekadee and had a wonderful experience. I am not used to wearing much makeup, so it took me a little time after our initial trial to realize that I wanted to make a few changes on the day of. Nina not only listened to exactly what I wanted, she also ran everything by me before putting it on my face. I was so happy with the outcome and impressed with her ability to quickly change our initial plans.
    I have to also comment on her professionalism, friendliness, and flexibility. My particular venue did not allow me on site until a certain time, and it would have cut deeply into my photographer's timeline. To help me make sure I got ready in time for my photographer, she let me get ready at the studio (which is very close to my venue). For the first hour, I just used the space to do my hair. She let me plop all of my stuff on the counter and use her space as if it were my home (PS, the studio is very comfy and cozy). I had no idea at the time that my good friends were planning on crashing my "getting ready" session, but out of nowhere a group of my very loud and excited friends showed up with trays of food and wine. I felt so bad, but Nina welcomed them in and did not let it distract her one bit. I'm not saying I recommend you invite all of your girlfriends to the studio for your trial or day of, but I tell the story because it's just another way that Nina showed what a very sweet, patient, flexible, and professional person she is.
    I'll also note that I am Chinese, and had a hard time finding makeup artists that had a reputation for working with Asian clients, as we have particular needs when it comes to eye makeup. Again, I could not be happier with the results.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Shulamite · Married on 07/02/2016

I went with the a la carte option, and went with only makeup for the bride. The trial was very worth doing - I got to use the makeup during our wedding registration, and was able to test out the makeup under a variety of lighting setups and with cameras. As someone who isn't used to wearing makeup, it took me that time to become accustomed to the makeup. I was able to communicate with Nina what I wanted different on my wedding day, and she responded remarkably and beautifully! She traveled to the location (worth paying for!), setup quickly, and was overall a joy to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! So happy to work with you on your special day! -Nina

Laura · Married on 10/09/2015

Kim Alicea from Cheekadee was awesome! She listened to everything we wanted and made us all look amazing for my wedding day. She is a true professional.

Sent on 10/13/2015

I got wrapped up in the fun of the rehearsal dinner and ended up staying out until 4am the night before my wedding...but because of Nina's skills - no one could tell! I will always be grateful for her!

And prior to the wedding day, working with Jo on scheduling was always a pleasure. I highly recommend Cheekadee.

Sent on 10/08/2015
  • Z

Zoelene · Married on 08/29/2015

My make-up artist, Kim Alicea was phenomenal! For my wedding, Kim did my makeup, my bridesmaids', and my mom's and everyone looked so beautiful!

During our trial, Kim asked that I show her pictures of what I wanted. Since I don't wear much make up on a daily basis, I told her that I was cautious about wearing too much for my wedding and going overboard. Taking into consideration my concern, Kim proceeded by applying just a little make up at a time and allowing me to let her know what I was comfortable with. Using this very client-centered process, I got exactly the look I wanted!

On the wedding day, Kim came, set up, and went to work! As black woman with a wedding party with skin tones ranging from dark to light I was nervous about whether or not Kim would have the colors to complement the variety of skin tones - she did! Everyone was flawless and I could not have asked for a better make up experience! Thank you Kim!!! :-D

I gave Cheekadee a 4.5 for professionalism because from the time that I booked them and I actually used their services, I believe that they underwent some management changes. As a result, some administrative things fell through the cracks - i.e. they asked for my down payment 3 times - after I had already sent it in. However, they were very nice when I told them I had already paid.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/12/2012

Because I’m not big on makeup, it was important to me to have someone who could strike a balance. For both my engagement photos and wedding day, I worked with Nina. In both instances, I feel like she understood what I wanted and made me look amazing. All of the bridesmaids and my mom were also very happy with their makeup.

I appreciated their knowledge and honesty, too. When, during my trial, I was nervous with the amount of makeup I was wearing, she offered to take my picture so I could see it when exposed to light.

Also, they checked in after the engagement session to see if I wanted any changes. After sending photos, they made some suggestions for improvements on the day of. The photo above even made ME realize I needed some more color on my cheeks, eyes and lips, but having the experts weigh in was helpful.

Nina also suggested I try fake eyelashes before the wedding because she thought it would make my eyes “pop” more. She didn’t try to up-sell me that day, but let me make the decision on my own (I did ultimately choose the fake lashes after trying them).

In general, the whole team at Cheekadee was easy to work with and seemed to really care about the client’s happiness with the final result. From the post engagement shoot follow-up email to check-ins before the wedding, I feel like there was a lot of contact. Just little touches that I thought made them absolutely great!

Sent on 09/14/2012

Hi Rachel!

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our makeup services on Wedding Wire! I am thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with Nina 's skills and our services. You were a delight to work with. Thanks again! Best Wishes! xo-Emily
  • Megan

Megan H. · Married on 08/03/2019

Natural Look

Nina and the Cheekadee team were excellent. If your looking for a natural look Nina is the person to see. She was very helpful in figuring out what would make everything feel and look like I wasn't wearing very much. The team was very helpful in taking on last minute changes. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Hi Megan! It means so much to us that you took the time to write this review. We are so happy that you were pleased! Thank you for choosing Cheekadee, it was an honor to be a part of your special day!

Natalie · Married on 08/18/2018

I met the girls from Cheekadee at an event in Chestnut Hill months before my wedding, and I'm SO glad I did! Jen did my makeup, my mom's and my 3 bridemaids makeup the day of. Jen was quick but also very caring and professional and of course did a flawless job. On a hot August wedding day, the sweat and tears did not budget this amazing job! I was in email correspondance weeks before the date to set up a time and place that would be most convenient. They are willing to drive TO YOU FOLKS! AMAZING!......and really saves the stress of driving to a makeup studio! They also do eyelash application for an additional fee that some of my bridesmaids loved!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 10/28/2017

I used Cheekadee Makeup for my engagement photo shoot and for the wedding. She was recommended to me by my wedding coordinator and I'm so glad we took her advice! Nina did my makeup and she is absolutely phenomenal. I still can't believe that my makeup held up so well throughout the entire night. I LOVE to dance and it gets a little sweaty out there - but my photos still looked perfect all the way until the end of the night! Cheekadee is super responsive via email and lovely to work with!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Colleen · Married on 08/26/2017

Nina and Kate did an AMAZING job at my wedding on 8/26/17! They were professional, on time, ready to go in the morning, efficient and thorough with everyone's makeup. They adjusted for a friend with very sensitive skin. They stayed until my ceremony began (which I paid for) and did a great job with touch ups! I can't recommend them enough! Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/23/2017

Kim did a fantastic job! My bridesmaids and I all ended up with looks that fit our different styles and personalities, which was really important to me. We all looked like the best versions of ourselves, not overdone at all. On my wedding day it was 90 degrees and HUMID, so obviously everyone was sweating... but our makeup still looked so good, all day and night! (If you're debating between regular vs. airbrush, go with the airbrush! It's worth the extra money.)
    Jo was really quick to respond to all emails which was great. Kim arrived right on time on my wedding day and everything worked out perfectly from a logistics perspective. Thank you, Cheekadee!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2017

Hailey was so wonderful to work with! She listened to my and my friends/family's thoughts and preferences and made everyone look perfect. I received SO many compliments on my make up throughout the night. My make up still looked freshly applied 10+ hours later, despite taking pictures outdoors in the heat, dancing all night and crying. Hailey is truly talented at what she does and I'm so fortunate we were able to work with her!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

Working with Cheekadee was the absolute best! I still am dreaming of how beautiful I looked on my wedding day. All thanks to Nina! I didn't come into my trial with a certain "wedding look" in mind and yet Nina still managed to create the perfect look !! She was even kind enough to re-do the entire thing when I later decided I would rather use traditional makeup instead of air brush. She is not only a genuinely nice person that made me feel totally comfortable and beautiful on by big day but she is seriously talented artist!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Wow what an amazing comment! Thank from the bottom of my heart. It means so much to me that you spent time to write this review! From all of us at Cheekadee, we wish you so much love and happiness in your marriage! Please let us know if we can be of any distance in the future.

Best,

Nina

Claire · Married on 10/15/2016

My makeup looked natural and beautiful. I received a ton of compliments on it and it stayed on even in pouring rain at an outdoor ceremony

Sent on 07/25/2018

Courtney · Married on 09/02/2016

The Cheekadee Team was amazing. From Jo who provided all the details, scheduling the day of the wedding, answered any questions very promptly. Nina did an amazing job on myself (bride), bridesmaids and my mother. Everyone truly looked beautiful and natural. It was nice to have the option for airbrush which some of the bridesmaids preferred. Nina came to our hotel the morning of the wedding and was low maintenance throughout the day. I would highly recommend the Cheekadee Team for your wedding.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Barbara · Married on 05/28/2016

As the mother of the groom, I was very pleased with the makeup application from Nina. The foundation makeup was warm and flattering with great cover and my eyes were bright and beautiful. I also thought the bride looked beautiful without looking "made up". She was also very pleased with Cheekadee, as were her bridesmaids.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Barbara for the kind words. We were so happy to have been apart of your special day!

I had a one-on-one makeup lesson with Nina and she was wonderful! I was interested in improving my daily look for work and extra steps to vamp up my "going out" look. We used all the makeup that I currently have but Nina did offer various suggestions of brands and products if I did want to increase my makeup arsenal. Nina showed me how to do a step, and then let me practice the step as well, instructing me along the way. I definitely felt more confident in my skills after my lesson. The very next day, the first person who saw me at work said "What did you do? Your eyes are POPPING right now!" I'm so glad I found Cheekadee and would recommend Nina's services to anyone who is looking for a refreshed look!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you, Julie! It was such a delight working with you!

Casey · Married on 09/19/2015

Working with Cheekadee and Kim, in particular, was a fantastic experience. From my trial to the wedding day, Kim was always available and responsive to our needs. We adjusted my makeup slightly from the trial to the day of and it turned out perfectly. I've definitely never felt as beautiful, and like myself, as I did after Kim did my makeup. Thank you Cheekadee for an amazing experience for myself, my bridesmaids and my mom and MIL. We would definitely use your services again.

Best,
    Casey

Sent on 10/02/2015

Megan · Married on 08/15/2015

I am so happy that I chose Cheekadee for our makeup artists - it was worth every penny. Cheryl and Nicole are fabulous! I felt so incredibly gorgeous on my wedding day. Cheryl did my makeup and she was so receptive to my feedback and made sure that I was 110% happy with my makeup on the big day. My mom and all my bridesmaids also got their makeup done and they looked stunning! Not to mention, it was so convenient that they traveled to us! It was so special and memorable to get ready in my parents' home where I grew up rather than in a hotel or salon. Cheryl and Nicole made sure our morning was so easy, relaxed, and fun! Thank you Cheekadee!!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Maryann · Married on 09/06/2013

My son's wedding was September 6, 2013 so my sister and I decided to have our makeup done for us. Our Makeup artist was Cindy. She came to our hotel room before the wedding and she was personable, very easy to talk to and joke with. Not to mention the wonderful job she did, I loved the way she did my makeup. I felt radiant and ready to go. I received many compliments on my makeup and everything else. Thank you Cindy!!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your rave review of Cindy's work, her personality and our services. We think she is pretty terrific too! I am so glad that everything worked out for you and that you felt radiant on your son's wedding day!

Sincerely,
    Emily

Very happy with Nina and her work! I felt that she really listened to what I wanted and took her time to make it all happen. Nina was on time, professional, and would recommend to others!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your rave review of Nina and Cheekadee on Weddingwire.com. So glad to hear that you were pleased with Nina's skills and our service.
    Congratulations on your marriage! Best Wishes, Emily

Carissa · Married on 08/21/2010

Cheekadee did a great job (my make up artist was Mandy). Everyone looked great and I was extremely happy with everything!

Sent on 09/08/2010