Cheekadee Makeup Artists Reviews

184 | Philadelphia, PA

184 Reviews for Cheekadee Makeup Artists

Megan · Married on 12/18/2010

I booked Cheekadee based on the great reviews on WeddingWire, and I'm so glad I did! Robin did a fabulous job. My bridesmaids and I were impressed not only with her skills and results, but also with her vast knowledge of makeup artistry, products and techniques. Best of all, she fit in really well with the fun atmosphere I wanted on my wedding day. Even though she was super professional the whole time, by the time she was finished with my three bridesmaids, my mom and me, she felt like a girlfriend! Our makeup stayed put the entire day and all of us were really happy with her work.

One last thing - my one and only bridal meltdown moment during the entire year-long engagement happened two days before the wedding. I got a nasty pimple on my chin. Trust me ladies, it was bad. And large. Like all brides I wanted to look perfect on my wedding day so I was upset and worried. Robin took the control of the situation and made me look great! It was hardly noticeable at all.

Working with the owner, Emily, was great as well. You won't regret going with Cheekadee!

Sent on 01/09/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Cheekadee here on Weddingwire.com. It was our absolute pleasure to work with you! Glad that we were able to cover everything for you.

Sorry for the late response, I just realized that you could respond to these reviews.

Best Wishes for a wonderful Holiday!
    xo-Emily

Laura · Married on 12/18/2010

After having several make-up trials, and it was SEVERAL... I was feeling a bit discouraged with my wedding approaching fast, that was in 1 month! My amazing wedding photographer, Ryan Estes, recommended Cheekadee so I decided to give them a shot. Emily was great and very prompt in responding to get me in for a trial at MY convenience. The trial with Nina Moran was better than I had ever hoped for so I booked immediately.

Nina was very accommodating the day of too. Originally only 2 of my bridesmaids wanted to have make-up, however after seeing what a great job she had done on my moms and 2 bridesmaids they all started wishing they had signed up earlier! Well Nina made everyone's wishes come true :) She was able to fit my other bridesmaid in for makeup and eyelashes on the other. Everyone looked Amazing!! I was so pleased with Nina's work and her friendly presence. She was awesome to work with and I couldn't have been happier!!

I would highly recommend going to Cheekadee, Emily and Nina are truly amazing people and excel in their work!

Sent on 01/19/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Hi Laura!

Sorry for the late respond, I just realized that you could respond to these reviews. And of course, we are thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with our services and Nina's makeup skills. We think she is pretty special too.

Hope that you are enjoying your first year of marriage. And today is your anniversary! Happy Anniversary to you! Hope we meet again:)

xo-Emily
  • Eileen

Eileen · Married on 11/20/2010

Emily was such a pleasure to work with! She was patient, kind, friendly and most of all, I loved my makeup! Thank you Emily for playing such a big part in a very special time in my life :) I will def use Emily again!!!

Best regards,
    Eileen Lee (Slater)
    11/20/2010

Sent on 07/26/2011

Kate · Married on 11/13/2010

Not only was my makeup stunning, but Emily was wonderful. She was very courteous and very accommodating. I had to reschedule my trial and she was so sweet about it. I adjusted the wedding day schedule the week of the wedding (just slightly), and she had no problem doing so. Just a pleasure to work with. The makeup turned out stunning. The day of my wedding, she made some slight tweaks to complement the hair and the dress, etc. My sister and my mother were so pleased as well. Which says a lot! My mother especially looked beautiful in the pictures. And as she guaranteed, the makeup stayed on all day. Even with me crying literally when the doors opened at the church to the time the mass ended. And I should add, that while most stylist do have a minimum fee for booking their services, Emily included the cost of the trial in the minimum, which was a nice plus I hadn\'t heard of before speaking with her. Thanks Emily.

Sent on 01/04/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/16/2010

Emily was a DREAM to work with and I hope to work with her again when a special occasion pops up! She's extremely talented, professional and such a sweet person! Every bride should hire her!! :)

Sent on 11/06/2010

Lisa · Married on 10/16/2010

I am so thankful I used Cheekadee for my wedding day makeup! It looked amazing and stayed put all day and night long! Both Nina and Emily are an absolute pleasure to work with. I found them both to be very responsive and accommodating. Nina did my makeup at my trial and my wedding day, and she is so sweet and professional. I knew at my trial that I had come to the right place. Nina came to my hotel room on my wedding day and did my makeup, my mom's, my aunt's and bridesmaids. Quite a tall order, but she did an excellent job and with time to spare! She is also very easy to talk to, so she made me feel at ease while we were getting ready on the big day! Everyone was very happy with how they looked that day and in my pictures, everyone is stunning! I really could not be any happier with their services and I highly, highly recommend Cheekadee!

Sent on 12/03/2010

Amy N. · Married on 10/10/2010

The professionals at Cheekadee Makeup Artists are excellent! Very professional. Very flexible. And they made my wife look even more beautiful on our wedding day! We highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Lydia · Married on 10/03/2010

I worked with Cheekadee Makeup Artists for my October 2010 wedding, and I couldn't have been more thrilled with Emily's work. She is an absolute professional, while being warm and friendly, and her quality of work exceeded my expectations. She does a thorough trial run for the bride, and we discussed all of the details for the day of so I knew exactly what to expect. I had 3 bridesmaids and myself get our makeup done for the wedding, and Emily did a beautiful job on each and every one. We got countless compliments throughout the night on our makeup, and it lasted and stayed fresh throughout the entire day. Emily is a pleasure to work with, and she went above and beyond to make sure that all of the details were covered and we all felt comfortable. She is clearly an expert in her field, and she knows what will look good while making sure your makeup turns out the way you envisioned it to look. I would recommend Emily and Cheekadee to anyone looking for makeup for a special event, you can't get any better!

Sent on 11/07/2010

Courtney · Married on 09/10/2010

Obviously makeup is a huge concern on the day of your wedding. I was a nervous little that I wouldn't find the right makeup artist however when I heard about Cheekadee and Emily all that fear went away. I knew after the trial that I had nothing to worry about in terms of how I would on the day of my wedding. She came to the hotel where I was staying which made it so stress free for me! It was myself, my sister, mom and future mother-in-law. She did an outstanding job and I have never seen my mom so happy with the way she looked. She even said wow, I should start wearing makeup all the time! All of our makeup looked so natural and showed up great in the pictures. Emily talked to everyone while she was doing their makeup letting them exactly what she was doing and what products she was using. I had my makeup done at noon and looked just as great at midnight when it was all over. I would highley recommend Emily and Cheekadee for your wedding. It was the best decision I made!

Sent on 09/27/2010

Lori · Married on 06/19/2010

By far, Emily was one of my most favorite vendors for my June 2010 wedding. Not only is she an amazingly talented make up artist, she is such a wonderful person. It was such a pleasure working with her and I never had to worry about a thing. She did my make up for our engagement party, engagement pictures, and the wedding day. Each time is was perfect! I never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Emily made this possible! My make up lasted all day and night for the wedding and I received so many compliments. She is truly a gem and anyone would be lucky to work with her!!

Sent on 07/01/2010

Lindsay · Married on 05/23/2010

Emily at Cheekadee is awesome. She and her assistant came out to Bucks County to meet us at the hotel and make 9 tired faces look gorgeous. She really listened to each person--ideas they had, how comfortable they were with makeup, what they absolutely didn't want--and tailored their look appropriately. Plus she's just cool to hang out with. She was a big part of making the day relaxed, low-key, and fun for everyone involved. I'd recommend her to anyone looking for a real professional for their wedding day.

Sent on 07/02/2010

Sarah · Married on 05/15/2010

Emily is an incredible makeup artist and a lovely person. I loved my wedding makeup -- I still looked like me, but a much more glamorous version of myself! The ladies in my wedding party looked gorgeous as well. Emily and Tina were a lot of fun to be around, and I had complete confidence in their work on the day of the wedding. You will not be disappointed if you hire Cheekadee, just make sure you book early!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Mary F. · Married on 04/09/2010

emily has done my makeup twice (once for our wedding, once for another event) and both times i looked amazing. she did three other women's makeup on the morning of our wedding and put some lipgloss on the flower girl. everyone was very happy with their makeup. it was worth every penny to have emily come to us, it was so nice to wake up in the morning and not have to hustle off to a salon. i was so glad to work with emily in particular because she was very flexible, as people suddenly decided they wanted their makeup done the week of our wedding. and she's super-cool, relaxed and fun to work with.

Sent on 04/14/2010

Stephanie · Married on 02/13/2010

RAVE reviews for Cheekadee! I met Emily at my trial and she was great, we had a number of reschedules due to the serious winter weather issues the Northeast had this year, but she made sure to contact me (AND my hair stylist!) to straighten everything out. My trial with Robin was awesome, she did a great job and knew exactly what I was looking for with very little direction from me. The day-of she did most of my girls' faces too and made them look individually gorgeous while still keeping with my general colors. The products are great, they stay on ALL DAY (and night if you forget to remove!) and Robin is the sweetest person I've ever met. Love her and Emily, would DEFINITELY recommend!

Sent on 03/11/2010

Suzanne · Married on 01/09/2010

Emily was so much fun at the trial. She listened to what I wanted, gave me good advice and changed things as I requested. She was exactly what you want in a professional makeup artist – not pushing a particular look or idea but also making sure you don’t make silly decisions you’ll be unhappy with later. I was so happy with the way I looked for the wedding and even happier that my makeup stayed on all night! She gave all the mothers (MOB, MOG and step mother) appropriate looks for their ages (50s, 60s and 70s). I didn’t dictate a particular look for the bridesmaids, they got to choose. That made her job more difficult, but she made the bridesmaids look beautiful and individual. Plus, she was a pleasure to have around for the 5 hours it took to do 3 moms, 6 bridesmaids, 1 bride and 2 flower girls!

Sent on 01/18/2010

Jeremiah · Married on 12/30/2009

Emily was amazing on my wedding day! The experiece of working with her was such a delight!She listened to everything I wanted and was a great asset to making my day very special! She was great!

Sent on 02/17/2010

Jenn · Married on 12/12/2009

I got married out of the country and was afraid of having someone do my makeup who didn't speak English, so I went to Emily for a lesson at her Chestnut Hill studio and then did my makeup myself. She was very patient during my lesson and wrote down everything she did. I brought along my own makeup bag and she was happy to use the products I already owned whenever possible. She also made a list for me of things that I needed to buy to complete the look. She never over-sold and the price for the lesson was very reasonable. Love her!

Sent on 03/25/2010

Diana · Married on 04/25/2009

Emily and Tricia were WONDERFUL! Everyone looked beautiful and they worked so fast! I have a picture from 2am and my makeup still looked perfect and I cried a lot during the day! Nobody can put mascara and eyeliner on me but Emily; she is amazing. I wish Emily could do my makeup everyday!

Sent on 05/14/2009

Stephanie · Married on 12/06/2008

Emily was absolutley wonderful to work with! She was extremley professional. I booked her for my wedding and was more than happy with the results. She did a fabulous job! My girls had nothing but good things to say about her as well. I have no reservations about recommending her in the future.

Sent on 02/23/2009

Lucy · Married on 11/29/2008

I was extremely fortunate to find and hire Emily for my recent wedding. She is such an amazing person and makeup artist. She is a true professional in every sense of the word.

Emily's talent is off the charts - I never looked so beautiful in my life and you could barely tell I was wearing makeup. She is especially focused on customer service and wants her clients to be 100% happy with how they look. Not only was Emily interested in making me look beautiful for my big day, but she gave me some useful tips to use daily and made excellent make up and skin care product recommendations for my skin type.

Emily is flexible, understanding, courteous and dependable. She also is a genuinely nice and gracious person.

It was a true pleasure working with Emily and I highly recommend her services to everyone.

Sent on 02/05/2009

Caroline · Married on 11/08/2008

Emily's great. She made everyone look beautiful. She showed up early in the morning at the hotel and stayed all day to do myself, three bridesmaids, a friend, and two moms, and we all looked and felt very glamorous. Emily was also a treat to have around the bridal suite all day. She is calm, capable, and has a good sense of humor, to boot. (And she knew a very effective eye de-puffing strategy that worked wonders for this puffy-eyed bride.) Also, she didn't bat an eye about me doing a second trial when I wasn't so sure about the first trial. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/04/2008

Brooke · Married on 09/20/2008

Emily is an absolute delight to work with; I felt like a more polished version of myself, which is exactly what I wanted. She was very patient when I asked for little changes and ultimately did a fantastic job.

Sent on 07/27/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2008

I would absolutely recommend Emily! My makeup has never looked more beautiful, and it lasted all day/night long. Above all, Emily was so so wonderful to work with! She was extremely responsive, professional, and her personality was perfectly calming, just when things started to get hectic the morning of the wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/22/2009

Lori · Married on 01/12/2008

Emily was absolutely wonderful!!!! My bridesmaids and I all loved our make-up and had a great time having it done. I booked Emily with about a month left before the wedding and she squeezed me in for a trial asap and I booked right after that! She has such a great personality that kept us all laughing as we sat in the chair! I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants a great make-up artist that comes right to you on your wedding day.

Sent on 01/23/2008

Mindy · Married on 11/03/2007

Emily did such a wonderful job on my wedding day! She did the makeup for me, 3 bridesmaids and my mother and we all loved how it turned out. Plus, she is such a sweetheart and was great to have there while we were getting ready.

Sent on 01/24/2008