Cheekadee Makeup Artists Reviews

184 | Philadelphia, PA

184 Reviews for Cheekadee Makeup Artists

Alyssa · Married on 08/24/2012

Emily and her staff are top notch. They take pride in their work and make sure you look and feel your best. The trial consultation is the best part! One on one time is great and she will take the time to give you tips on keeping your skin in good condition. Super sweet and flexible, they are the best!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with our services, especially at your trial run:) It means a lot to us to to receive such praise. We wish you the best! XOXO Emily

Alisha · Married on 07/07/2012

I couldn't be more satisfied with Emily from Cheekadee! She was extremely organized and very responsive to emails. My makeup was beautiful and I felt comfortable and natural. Even on the hottest day of the year it stayed on! She is one of the sweetest people who I dealt with throughout the whole planning process and am truly thankful I had her do our makeup for the wedding!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Alisha! You were an absolute pleasure to work with. I am so glad to hear that your makeup held up all day- what was it that day, 103? You are awesome! Best Wishes for a wonderful new life together!

Michele · Married on 07/04/2012

I love Cheekadee. Emily gave me great advice on my make-up trial. I followed it and had fantastic skin for my big day. I had six bridesmaids ans two moms in addition to myself. Emily and Nina got us all done with plenty of time, despite Cairnwood's time limit. They worked seemlessly with our hairdresser, who Emily also recommended and worked out fantatsically. All of my girls looked amazing! Many of them loved how Cheekadee made them look, one confessed it was even better than her own wedding day. I can't wait to book a make-up lesson with Emily.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your glowing review Michele! It was great working with you for both your wedding and your makeup lesson. You were so easy to work with, but it is always nice to hear that you were so happy! Hope that our paths will cross again someday. XO- Emily

Kat · Married on 06/15/2012

Emily made me feel like a goddess on the day of my wedding. My makeup was flawless. I am very creative when it comes to doing my own makeup and Emily truly helped expressing this side of me. My eyes popped with color. I look at my photographs and think I look like a model. Communicating with Emily up till the day of my wedding was a dream. She is such a sweet heart and makes you and everyone else feel comfortable on what will seem like the most hectic day EVER. I am forever grateful to Emily from Cheekadee for adding to the memories of my wedding day. <33

Sent on 06/18/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thanks Kat! You are such a sweetie and I am thrilled and honored to have worked with you! So glad to hear that you were so happy with the way your makeup came out. You were fun and I am glad that we got a little creative and glommed it up! Love you!
  • Q

Corinne · Married on 05/12/2012

My bridesmaids and I had a fabulous experience working with Emily and her ladies of Cheekadee Makeup! We had a great time going for the trial at their location outside Philly and really were happy that these ladies were so laid back but so professional at the same time. They were a pleasure to work with throughout the process. The day of the wedding - WOW! Emily and Yelena came onsite to our hotel and did makeup for 9 people in about four hours. Everyone looked STUNNING! It was truly amazing. I was so happy with my trial, but the day of makeup somehow came out even better! Furthermore, the ladies were just fun to have around while all the girls were getting ready. Their services are also a great value - very comparable to going to a salon and they come to you which is even better! Highly recommend Cheekadee!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your glowing review Corinne! Both Yelena and I had such a blast working with you and your bridal party! Your friend from Belgium was so sweet as well. So glad to hear that you were pleased with your makeup. I cannot wait to see your photos! Thanks again! XOXO- Emily

Tracy · Married on 11/13/2011

Emily from Cheekadee was one of my favorite wedding vendors to work with! I love makeup and I wanted a specific look...old Hollywood glamour complete with a cat eye and red lips (think Marilynn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn). Emily was great at my trial and gave me great hints on skincare. I felt comfortable right away with Emiily. Together we tweaked the look and on my wedding day Emily nailed the look I was dreaming of! I was so thrilled with my makeup I can't even tell you and it looked amazing in my pictures! My MOH also loved her makeup and my mom loved hers so much she slept in it!

Emily was a delight to work with and I really felt she got my vision which was a little out of the box from most brides. I would recommend Emily and Cheekadee to any future bride!

Thanks Emily for making me look so beautiful on my wedding day! You are a super cool chick and you simply ROCK!!!!

Tracy

Sent on 01/18/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review Tracy! I loved working with you and I am thrilled that you were so pleased with your makeup and we did get to have fun together, didn't we?
    Wishing you and your hubby a lifetime of happiness!!
    XOXO-Emily

Cheekadee is the best makeup artist in the area! I used Mandy for my wedding day makeup, she also did my Mother, Mother in law, and Sister. Both my Mother, Mother in law, and I wear very light makeup and were a little skeptical at first about having our makeup professionally done. One of the best decisions we made was having our makeup professionally done by Cheekadee. Mandy did a fantastic job making us feel comfortable and reassured us that our makeup would look natural. Not only was the makeup natural looking it was so elegant, felt so light, and lasted the whole day! Mandy was recently a bride herself, so she knew exactly what would be most helpful on the wedding day. She patiently answered all our questions, brought such a relaxing demeanor for the stressful morning of prep, and was such a pleasure to work with. Emily at Cheekadee, stands behind her business 100% and will not let any bride walk away unhappy until she has achieved the wedding look the bride desires, she was so patient, accommodating, and professional. I would absolutely recommend Cheekadee to family and friends!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! Of course we are thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with our service and Mandy's skills. It was our absolute pleasure to work with you. I do hope that we have the opportunity to work with you again. Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday season and a lifetime of happiness with your new husband.
    xo-Emily

Mariellen · Married on 10/28/2011

We had a separate makeup artist, Emily, come in to do our makeup. All in all, she did 7 girls and ladies for my wedding and did a fantastic job. I was amazed at how well she did my two nieces makeup (13 and 14 yrs old). She took great care not to go overboard on their makeup since they are so young. Everyone looked beautiful. Thank you Emily!!! This girl takes her time when putting on your makeup. All in all, I think she spent at least 1/2 hour or more with each person. No one was dissappointed! I wish I could post pictures of her amazing work!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Mariellen! I am thrilled to hear that you were so happy with my work and service to you on your wedding day. You and your family were so fun to work with! I do hope that our paths cross again. Best Wishes to you and your new husband! Happy New Year!

XO-Emily

Meredith · Married on 10/08/2011

Emily from Cheekadee was amazing! From my first meeting for a make-up trial with her, I knew I was dealing with a truly skilled professional. She took time with me to discuss my look and then created a beautiful wedding day look for me that suited my make-up taste and personality. The day of make-up for me and my bridesmaids was fabulous - my bridesmaids were so impressed that they want lessons from Emily! Emily even helped out my mom, who was not on the original schedule to have make-up done. I would highly recommend Cheekadee to any bride!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Hi Meredith!
    Thank you so much for your glowing review. You and your family and friends were awesome! Clients like you are the reason why I love what I do. I wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness! Keep doing yoga ;)

Justine · Married on 10/01/2011

Thank you Emily for making me and my bridesmaids and mothers look gorgeous on my wedding day (and my enagement session!). Emily and her staff have amazing talent and gave each one of us ladies exactly what we wanted. They were able to do dramatic and intense makeup for those who wanted it, and subtle soft makeup for those not used to wearing much. We looked great and I cannot tell you enough how AMAZING the makeup photographs, it is just stunning!

Sent on 12/17/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Justine! It was a pleasure working with you and your girls. I am glad to hear that everyone was so happy. I hope that our paths cross again. Best Wishes for a lifetime of happiness with your new husband.

salena · Married on 09/10/2011

Emily and Nina were wonderful to work with! I am soo glad that I found Cheekadee on "Best of Philly". Nina did such an amazing job with my makeup and my husband was blown away by the way I looked that day. My bridesmaids looked beautiful and loved how their makeup turned out. Emily was very accommodating and was always quick with her responses whenever I had a question or concern. I would definitely recommend Cheekadee!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Selena!! You and your fiance (now husband!) were such a pleasure to work with! I LOVED what I have seen of your photos so far- cannot wait to see the rest! So glad that you were so thrilled with Nina. We think she is pretty special too;)
    We wish you and Joe a lifetime of happiness! No one deserves it more.
    Sincerely,

Devon · Married on 08/27/2011

I wish I could give more than five stars to Cheekadee. Emily did my makeup for my wedding day and not only did she do an absolutely stunning job on my makeup and the member's of my bridal party, she also kept me calm while she was doing my face. Having a hurricane on your wedding day is never something you plan for, but she was so great at helping me stay focused on the day. But beyond that, she also drove with my wedding planner to pick up a new crinoline for my wedding dress, when we discovered that mine was missing just an hour before I had to walk down the aisle. She drove for over forty minutes and got the crinoline to me just before I had to start the ceremony. I wish I could do more than just say thank you and recommend her to every bride!

Sent on 12/27/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your heartfelt words Devon! It was my absolute pleasure to work with you and your family! I am glad that your day ended up being so great, even with a hurricane:) Stories to tell for years!

I wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness!
    XOXO-Emily
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 08/20/2011

Emily and Nina from Cheekadee were simply fantastic! Cheekadee was always responsive during the planning process and an absolute delight on the day of the wedding. I wanted a natural "bright" look for my wedding day and Emily did exactly that! Cheekadee made me and my maids looks like our best selves! What more can you ask for! My mom is a total perfectionist and insisted on doing her own make-up the day of the wedding. . . until she saw me and my maids! Cheekadee was so accomodating and did my mother's make-up as well and a few other last minute additions! Cheekadee really is the "Best of Philly."

Sent on 09/26/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Jill!

Nina and I really enjoyed working with you too! Wishing you the best in your new life together with your husband! XOXO

Melanie · Married on 07/23/2011

Emily was so great to work with and really listens to your comfort level with make up. I had a beautiful bridal party anyways :) but she made them look their absolute best! I got married on one of the hottest days of the year so I was nervous about my make up lasting, but it was flawless all night. My friends kept commenting how I didn't look flushed or sweaty at all. Everything stayed in place despite the 100 degree heat wave. Emily was recommended to me by another bride who loved her so I'm very glad I took her advice!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my work. Your kind words mean a lot Melanie! You were an absolute pleasure to work with! Best Wishes! XOXO
  • User1512061 · 2+ years ago

I was a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding and my new sister-in-law had arranged for Nina to do our makeup for the big day. She was so wonderful!! Not only was she super sweet and efficient, she made us all look better than we could have hoped for! I got so many compliments on my makeup all night. Usually my face gets a bit shiny by the end of the night, but the makeup held up through the end of the reception and there was no shine in sight (from starting makeup until getting back to my hotel room, it was around 14hours!). I would HIGHLY recommend Nina for any event that you'd want a perfect look.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your glowing review of Nina's work! We think she is pretty awesome too :) We are thrilled that you had such a good experience with us. Just to let you know, Nina does makeup lessons at our studio in Chestnut Hill, if you are ever interested in learning how to recreate this look!

Best Wishes,

Pamela · Married on 06/25/2011

mandy did a great job with myself, my mother, and my sister. we looked so beautiful and from what i could see, everything photographed beautifully. she was punctual, waited for us to eat when our lunch came mid-session, and worked with only natural light due to the morning power outage. i will definitely book her for all of my future events.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Pam! I know this means a lot to Mandy, and of course to Cheekadee to know that you were so pleased with our work. Best Wishes to you! XOXO Emily

Colleen · Married on 06/25/2011

Emily and Cheekadee are nothing short of amazing. Going off the good reviews here on Wedding Wire and from a friend, I went for 2 trials and did some minor tweaking the day of, but after seeing some of my photographer's preview pictures, I couldn't be happier with my look! My makeup lasted all day, the colors were gorgeous and didn't feel heavy. My bridesmaids and Mom all looked gorgeous as well and were so impressed with Emily's skill and sense of humor alike. She was a joy to have as an integral part of my wedding day and wish she could do my makeup everyday!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Colleen! It means so much to know that you were so happy with your makeup on your wedding day! I had a blast working with you and your family on your wedding day! Best Wishes!! XOXO

lori · Married on 06/11/2011

If there was one thing I would not DIY on my wedding day it would definitely be my make up. I think I do a pretty OK job for myself but I definitely would leave it up to the professionals for the big day. I emailed Emily months ahead (I think almost 7 months prior to my wedding day) and luckily she was still available! June is definitely one of the busiest and most booked month for a wedding so plan ahead ladies!

Emily was hands down AH-MAZING! She was super sweet and super cool. Her prices are definitely reasonable for the work she does. She did my trial make up for me that happened to be my engagement shoot which happened to poor cats and dogs outside (lots and lots of rain!). The make up stayed put the ENTIRE session! My lipstick even stayed put after munching down on some fried chicken wings in Chinatown afterwards :)

For the wedding day I had a big crunch time since I have a traditional chinese tea ceremony that had to start at 10:30AM and she had to have 6 people done by then. She make it work and we made it to the tea ceremony with time to spare. If you're thinking about booking her, don't think about it anymore, honestly just do it! You definitely will not regret it!

Sent on 07/18/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review Lori! Thanks for taking the time :) You and your girls were amazing to work with! I look back at the photos and you were stunning! I am glad that your day was so great. XOXO Emily

Julia · Married on 06/10/2011

Emily from Cheekadee did an outstanding job. She did my makeup as well as my two bridesmaids and everyone was very happy with her services. She is super-professional and so easy to work with. After my trial I already knew that she would do a great job, and on my wedding day she ensured that I looked great. She came to my hotel where I was getting ready, which made things even easier for me. She also recommended products before hand (like an additional powder to have ready during the formal pictures that took place in the afternoon soon with almost 100 degrees) to ensure my makeup would last all day.

Sent on 06/29/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Hi Julia! Thank you for your glowing review! I am thrilled to hear how pleased you were with my services. The pleasure was all mine :) Best Wishes to you! XOXO Emily

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2011

Working with Cheekadee was every brides dream! Both Nina and Emily was so amazing and accommodating. They listened to everything me and my bridesmaids wanted and delivered above and beyond. I would definitely recommend them to any bride in need of a reliable and quality makeup artist!

Sent on 01/10/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Samantha! I am so glad that your experience was a positive one. We had fun working with you as well!

Wishing you and your husband a lifetime of happiness!
    XO-Emily

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2011

I dont wear a lot of makeup, but Emily made me feel comfortable and made me look beautiful on my wedding day! Emily and Nina also made all of my bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law look and feel great too!

Sent on 06/29/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your positive review Sarah! It means the world to us to know that you were so pleased with our services and your makeup. You were an absolute pleasure to work with! Best Wishes XOXO Emily

rachel · Married on 05/07/2011

Cheekadee is amazing. I heard about Cheekadee through a friend (Emily did her makeup) and I can only say how pleased I am with their service.

Mandy was beyond wonderful from the makeup trial to the wedding day. She was professional, promptly on time, and did an amazing job on my makeup. I'm weird about getting my makeup done by other people but she not only was patient with me, but she gave me her honest opinions about what looked better (and of course, she was right, having the expertise that she does), and ultimately helped me break out of my comfort zone with makeup - and i'm so happy she did!!

Mandy went above and beyond what our contract was for, when the need arised, and she is just really good at what she does. I would definitely recommend her to any other brides in the area. Thanks, Mandy for making my day so wonderful. I wish you all the best!! :)

Sent on 07/09/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Rachel for taking the time to talk about your wonderful experience with Mandy. I think she is pretty special too. And I know that she really enjoyed working with you and your family and friends! Best Wishes!! XOXO Emily

Chrissi · Married on 04/16/2011

Emily is awesome!!! A good friend on mine used Cheekadee (Emily) for her wedding a few years ago. Emily did my makeup for that wedding as well, so there was no doubt in my mind when I started choosing vendors who I would choose for makeup. Emily and her team are always professional, are so quick with communication and are a dream to have as part of your wedding day. I absolutely loved my trial, and my wedding day makeup was even a step above that!!! I received so many complements and questions about who had done my makeup. The makeup also photographed beautifully, and last from mid morning until after midnight. I really can not give Emily and her team enough praise...they rock!

Sent on 07/08/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Chrissi! The pleasure was all mine! I was so excited that we were going to be working together again after Jill's wedding. Always a good feeling seeing a familiar and beautiful face! Your dress was amazing! And so are you! XOXO Emily
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 02/05/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists is every brides dream come true. Working with Emily was a joy. Not only is she very talented, but also fun to be around which doesn't hurt.

I had a rather large number of bridemaids and entourage that received services from Cheekadee the day of our wedding and every single person was 110% pleased (even my one bridesmaid who at first did not want to have her makeup done because she had a bad experience in the past). Emily was sure that we stuck to the schedule and that everyone was ready on time. Everyone looked beautiful!

My makeup lasted all night and was picture perfect from the first pictures in my home to the last dance of the night. I am cannot wait until I have another event to go to so I can use Emily and Cheekadee Makeup Artists again.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Carissa for your glowing review of our services on Wedding Wire! It means a lot to me that you were so pleased. You were a delight to work with, and you looked amazing on your wedding day! Best Wishes! XOXO Emily

jaclyn · Married on 01/21/2011

I am so happy I found Cheekadee and Emily... 2 weeks before our wedding! I think I had 4 trials before I found Emily and let me just say- she was a breath of fresh air. You can tell she is a professional that is there for the bride and the bridal party. She showed up early and she was so diligent with each and every person. I was a bride who was extremely nervous to get my makeup done because I am very picky and I'm in sales and wear makeup everyday... but Emily made me the bride I always wanted to be. I got my makeup completed at 1pm and I did not touch it or even look in a mirror until 4am! I was able to celebrate all night and not have any worries about what I looked like. My mom also got her makeup done by Emily and she always says shes not photogenic... well I've never seen her so photogenic in my life! :) Everyone was absolutely beautiful! We all got compliments all night and I would recommend Emily and Cheekadee to any worried bride out there looking for a makeup artist. You won't have to worry with them. Thanks Emily! xo

Sent on 01/25/2011

Hi Jaclyn!

Thank you for your glowing review here on Weddingwire! And also for the clients that you have continued to refer to me. It is the highest compliment that you could pay me, and I am grateful!

You and your family were so fun to work with on your wedding day, I do hope that we have the opportunity to work together in the future again.

Happy Holidays!