Cheekadee Makeup Artists Reviews

184 | Philadelphia, PA

184 Reviews for Cheekadee Makeup Artists

Kay · Married on 09/13/2014

My daughter (the bride) found Cheekadee and they were terrific. The entire bridal party looked amazing -- thank you, Kim. Each bridal attendant -- and the bride-- requested the look they wanted; and they achieved it. Kim was patient, calm in the midst of chaos, and so very effective.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Kay! It was a pleasure working with you!
    So glad to hear that you were pleased with Kim's services and talents.
    Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, it means a lot.
    Best Wishes to you and your daughter!

Andrea · Married on 08/30/2014

This is my second experience with Cheekadee, the first time as a bridesmaid and this time as the bride, and once again I could not be happier! I knew from the start that I was in great hands with Nina, and she did an absolutely amazing job with my trial! From then on, I had no stress or worries about how my wedding day makeup would look because I already knew I'd love it - and all brides out there know how important that is when you're planning a wedding! Less stress is best!

Nina and Katie showed up on time (if not earlier) on my wedding day, stayed on schedule, and completed myself + 8 bridesmaids + 2 mothers in a timely manner! On top of all that, both Nina and Katie were so sweet, personable, fun, passionate, and most importantly, incredibly talented! I have never felt more beautiful and all of my girls looked absolutely drop dead gorgeous! It is so important to not only feel beautiful on your wedding day, but to also look great in pictures - and Cheekadee does an amazing job of making both of those things happen!

I can't reiterate it enough, Cheekadee is the best! I have been and will be recommending to everyone I know! Thank you to Nina & Katie for being such a crucial part of my wedding day, I couldn't have imagined it without your talent! I hope to be able to work with Cheekadee many more times in the future!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review Andrea! We just love when we have repeat clients. I loved working with you and your family once and I know that Nina and Katie also had the same pleasure that I did. Your family and friends are lovely! We are honored that you feel this way about us! XO

Rachel · Married on 08/23/2014

I heard about Cheekadee through a friend and I'm so glad I decided to hire them for my wedding make-up!! They were extremely organized with an online system and were responsive to any questions I had. My Mom, my sister and I went to my trial with Katie and I got a great feeling from the beginning. She is so flexible and only wants you to feel comfortable and beautiful. Katie and Aja were absolutely amazing on my wedding day. My entire bridal party was so happy with the way they looked and my guests were complimenting our makeup the entire night. Cheekadee was timely, easy to work with and kept us relaxed and beautiful!! I would highly recommended Katie and Aja! Thanks for a great day!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review Rachel!
    So glad to hear that you were pleased with Katie and Aja's skills and services.
    Wishing you the best always!

Jocelyn · Married on 07/11/2014

Nina was fantastic! In addition to being very sweet and professional, she is amazing at what she does. During my trial, she took the time to really listen to what my dream for my wedding look was. She exceeded my expectations. All of my bridesmaids looked beautiful as well. Do yourself a favor and get lashes! When you first look in the mirror, it may seem like a lot of make up (it doesn't feel heavy) but go outside and take a photo. You will see how beautifully it photographs! The answer to the big question is yes, it does last all day (and all night!). If you want to look and feel beautiful, make an artist from Cheekadee a part of your big day!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review Jocelyn!
    So glad to hear that you were pleased with Nina's skills and service.
    Wishing you the best everyday!

Erin · Married on 06/21/2014

A colleague recommended Cheekadee Makeup Artists, and we are so pleased we made the decision to use their services. My daughter does not wear much makeup typically, but wanted a polished look for her wedding. We chose to have her makeup and mine done as well.

My daughter had a trial makeup session with Katie, and it was so helpful to see the options and discuss our preferences.

Katie arrived exactly on time (quite early) the day of my daughter’s morning wedding, and was so very calm and pleasant. Her manner helped us both relax, and that was a blessing.

I do wear makeup regularly, and was a little concerned about how I’d like the result, but she truly made me look like “me,” but better. The makeup lasted throughout the long day, and it was so nice not to worry about having to touch it up.

It was certainly the right decision to use Cheekadee. Katie’s work was outstanding.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review Cheekadee Makeup Artists on Wedding Wire. It was our pleasure working with you, Erin!
    So glad to hear that you were pleased with Katie's skills and services.
    Best Wishes to you everyday!

Shanna · Married on 06/21/2014

I loved working with Aja at Cheekadee. Aja did my make-up and make-up for my 4 bridesmaids. Everyone looked so natural and beautiful, and we received tons of compliments all day. My wedding was early, but Aja arrived early and had everyone's make-up finished on time. Our make-up lasted all day and I was so happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 07/10/2014

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Shanna for your rave review of Cheekadee for your wedding. So thrilled to hear that you were pleased with Aja's skills and services.
    Wishing you the best!
    Emily

Nina did an amazing job. Everyone absolutely loved their make-up. Thank you!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your review of Cheekadee on Wedding Wire.com. So thrilled to hear that you were pleased with Nina's services and skills.
    Best Wishes!
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 11/23/2013

Nina and Aja of Cheekadee spent the morning of my wedding day beautifying my seven bridesmaids, my mom, mother-in-law and me, and all 10 of us were absolutely thrilled with the results. Both ladies were kind and relaxed, and made the experience really special and fun for all of us. They also kept us on schedule (thanks to helpful planning by the Cheekadee staff beforehand) Most important, their work was absolutely amazing and made all 10 girls happy (a huge feat!). As the bride, my makeup was just lovely, and was still flawless at 2am. I wanted to make sure I looked my absolute best on my big day, and it seemed like a no-brainer to select Cheekadee to help me do that. One of the easiest and best choices I made in my wedding planning!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your rave review of Cheekadee on WeddingWire.com.
    So glad to hear that you were pleased with Nina and Aja!
    Wishing you the best. Congratulations!

Beth · Married on 11/02/2013

For my wedding I booked Cheekadee for makeup. We worked with Deanna who was super sweet and did an amazing job-- helping to have all of the ladies feeling beautiful on the wedding day! We had a trial and she gave good tips in terms of lipsticks to trial and she is super sweet which helps keep you relaxed on the big day. I would definitely recommend Cheekadee and suggest asking for Deanna!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our work! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed working with Deanna. We think she is pretty great too! We appreciate your kind words of support. Best Wishes to you and your new husband!

XO-

Adrienne · Married on 10/19/2013

I hired Cheekadee for my recent wedding. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish! I can't say enough nice about our make up artist, Nina. She is a true professional and an artist. Make up is a huge concern for any bride. I have never had my make up done professionally and I was nervous it would either make me look too "dark" or there wouldn't be enough to last the entire day. My concerns were put to rest! My mom and I went for our trials last March and were wowed by what we saw. By the time our wedding happened it October, it went from 4 women wanting make up that day to six. Nina handled all of us without so much as batting an eye and got us all done and ready for the church in plenty of time. Each woman was thrilled with her make up which is no easy feat since everyone has different tastes. Nina pleased them all! I received compliments all day on my make up. I looked beautiful. I looked natural and my coverage lasted for HOURS! I was thoroughly happy with the end result.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Adrienne for your rave review of Cheekadee on Weddingwire.com.
    Glad to hear that you were pleased with Nina! So glad that we could be a part of your wedding day.
    Best Wishes,

Mandy · Married on 09/07/2013

Cheekadee is amazing!!! Katie Custer did a wonderful job on my makeup and my bridal parties - everyone was happy! I LOVED my makeup - it was exactly what I wanted. I went for a makeup trial and once I looked at some photos, I decided I wanted to change a few things and I came back and Emily was there as well to offer suggestions. They got it perfect. They really listened to what I wanted and made suggestions. Emily is great and so accomodating and professional! She runs the business very well! Katie is such a pleasure to work with too which makes getting ready so much better. She completed everyone's makeup on time (even a little early). She was very timely, professional and an amazing artist with a wonderful laugh! I absolutely recommend Katie and Cheekadee!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of our work on Wedding Wire, Mandy!

It was a great pleasure working with you. I know how special Katie is as an artist and as a person, so I am thrilled to hear that you had an extra great experience with her.

Best Wishes to you for a lifetime of happiness!!

XO-Emily

Cheekadee did amazing makeup for all of the women in my bridal party, myself, and our moms. Nina and Katie were so friendly and so talented! We all felt so beautiful and the makeup looked so natural. My mom, who doesn't wear makeup - period - let the ladies do her makeup (complete with fake lashes) and she loved it! I would highly recommed Cheekadee to anyone. The artists are so friendly and talented, and they made each and every one of us feel beautiful.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for singing the praises of Nina and Katie. We think they are pretty awesome too and we are thrilled to hear how pleased you were with our services. Best Wishes to you and your new husband! XO-Emily

I would definitely recommend Cheekadee! They made everyone look beautiful on the day of the wedding. We didn't look overdone, we just looked like better versions of ourselves! We had our makeup done at 7am and it lasted through the end of the night with no problem! This was impressive considering it was hot and humid outside. The best thing about Cheekadee is that they come to your house to do your make-up. This made me feel very comfortable the day of. When I arrived at 7am, Nina and Wesley were ready and waiting for us with big smiles on their faces! They are very talented and made the getting ready process very fun! I would highly recommend Cheekadee!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Aww, thank you so much for your rave review of our services. We are thrilled to hear how pleased you were with Nina and Wesley.

Best Wishes today and everyday!

Elaine · Married on 08/02/2013

Nina made the girls and moms feel great for my daughter's wedding. She demonstrated her skillful and artistic ability and excellently prepared us for a full day and night of looking our best for the photos, dancing, and performing the ceremonial activities. She had a calming effect on us while we wished and prayed for no rain. Everyone was very pleased with Nina and I'm glad we made the perfect choice with Cheekadees.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review of Cheekadee on Wedding Wire, we really appreciate that! So glad to hear that you were pleased with Nina's skills and services. It was our pleasure working with you. Hope we can work together again someday!

Emily

I had such a wonderful experience working with Cheekadee, specifically Katie Custer! She did an AMAZING job on my makeup the day of my wedding!!!!!!! It was exactly what i had envisioned!! She also did an amazing job on my bridal party. It was very natural looking without that heavy makeup look. And to top it off, Katie was such a pleasure to work with and made me feel at ease the morning of my wedding day! Thank you again Katie!!

Thanks again!
    Lauren :-)

Sent on 07/09/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Lauren for taking the time to submit a glowing review on WeddingWire.com. It was our pleasure working with you. So glad to hear that you were pleased with Katie's skills and our services.
    Congratulations on your marriage and best wishes!

Emily · Married on 05/18/2013

I fell in love with Cheekadee's work when I saw them on Style Me Pretty and followed them ever since. When it came time to hiring a wedding makeup artist, the choice was easy. Nina and Katie did an excellent job and catered to the makeup needs of myself, bridesmaids, my mom and mother in law. I would highly recommend any of the artists at Cheekadee's for your special event.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you for your great review of Nina and Katie's work on Wedding Wire! We are thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with our services. We think they are both pretty great too!

Let us know if we can be of service to you again in the future. If you are looking to recreate your look or want to pick up any great makeup tips, you can schedule a makeup lesson in our studio anytime!

jessica · Married on 05/04/2013

Emily is a great makeup artist and a super nice person. We had a trial where she listened to what I wanted and made adjustments based on what I liked. She also made adjustments on the wedding day after we reviewed the photos from my trial. She is also a true expert - she knew exactly what we needed to do on the day of the wedding in order to get everyone ready on time and to stay on schedule. She was a great addition to the wedding team!

Sent on 05/19/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your great review of our services! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both your trial run and your day of makeup.

I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Jessica · Married on 11/17/2012

What an awesome company and what talented makeup artists!!!!!
    It was a pleasure to work with Cheekadee as a whole and it was amazing to work with Nina and Yelena on the day of my wedding! Nina and Yelena are so absolutely sweet, talented, and professional! Every single person in my family and wedding party who got their makeup done (10 people in total) looked natural and gorgeous! It was breathtaking to see the work that Nina and Yelena were capable of. I was so pleased that I didn't have to worry about the makeup wearing off- I have oily skin and was worried the whole night that I would start to get greasy and the makeup would eventually wear off. This didn't happen at all, despite such a long day of wearing the makeup (applied at 10ish in the morning and ended the after party at 1ish in the morning) and tons of dancing during the reception! I would HIGHLY recommend this company in a heart beat. Thank you to Cheekadee for a wonderful experience from start to finish :)

Sent on 11/29/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Wow, thanks Jessica! It was great of you to write such a super sweet review. I am thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with our services, and specifically the skills of Nina and Yelena. It was a pleasure working with you. Best Wishes in your marriage and always.
    xo-Emily
  • LAUREN

LAUREN · Married on 11/10/2012

I cannot give higher praise for Cheekadee. Everyone I encountered was professional, responsive and helpful. After my make up trial I had a few other questions and they got back to me right away. On our wedding day, Nina was fantastic- She listened to what all of the bridesmaids and my mom wanted and asked what they were comfortable with, as opposed to doing whatever she wanted to do (trust me, I've had makeup artists in the past just do my makeup without ever asking me a thing). When it came to my makeup, she frequently checked to make sure I liked the way everything looked, and talked me through what she was doing each step of the way. Most importantly, she stayed super relaxed on a hectic day, and was so friendly as well.

Sent on 03/20/2013

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Lauren! It was a pleasure working with you. We all think that Nina is pretty special too. It means so much to hear it from clients like you.

Best Wishes for a lifetime of happiness!

Barbara · Married on 10/27/2012

We used Cheekadee for our first daughter's wedding in 2008, so there was no question that for our second daughter's wedding they were going to be a part of it.
    Emily was wonderful, once again, to set up the details and Nina did a terrific job the day of. We would give more than 5 stars if we could! HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Barbara! It was our absolute pleasure working with you for both Jennifer and Kathleen's weddings! Both Nina and I enjoyed working with your entire family! Thanks for your kind words.

Julie · Married on 10/20/2012

I had Emily as my make up artist for my make up and she did a phenonmenal job on not only my make up but also for my bridesmaids and mother. I specifically chose Emily to do our make up because she had done such a great job with Asian make up in the past. All of my bridesmaids (most of them being Asian) and raved about their make up! My mother is also very fussy about her make up and Emily was able to put her at ease and do an amazing job on her make up as well! Not only was Emily professional, and did a great job on everyone's make up but she was a pleasure to work with. She also gave some great advice on makeup which I really appreciated! I cannot recommend Emily and Cheekadee enough! She did a fantastic job and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Nina came out on my wedding day and did my makeup along with my 5 bridesmaids and flower girl. She did an amazing job! Everybody loved their makeup and they looked great. She was on time and done in a timely manner, she definitely made my morning getting ready stress free and enjoyable!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your positive and glowing review! We are so thrilled to hear that you were pleased with Nina and our services. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again.

Jade · Married on 09/22/2012

Mandy and Emily are amazing! I tried to book them over the computer and I found out that they were all booked up on my wedding day and I was so disappointed. A few weeks later I ran into them at a wedding event at my venue The Arts Ballroom and they were both so kind. I told Emily that I wanted her or Mandy to do the makeup at my wedding but they were both booked on my date. Emily said she would do everything in her power to try and figure out something so one of them would be available, and she did! Mandy was able to do my makeup! I cannot thank Emily enough for making that work out.

Mandy did such a great job, I have never felt more beautiful. It was really important to me to still look like me and be natural on my wedding day. Mandy definitely made that happen! I felt so pretty and naturally beautiful. She took my notes from our trial and made adjustments and everything came out just like I wanted on my wedding day. All my bridesmaids looked amazing as well. Everyone looked as I wanted them to be, and that was what I appreciated most about Mandy.

Cheekadee is the best!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your terrific review Jade! It was our absolute pleasure to work with you on your wedding day. I am glad that we were able to make it work. I am thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with our services and Mandy's work in particular. We look forward to blogging about your wedding with your gorgeous photos!

Monica · Married on 09/07/2012

I loved working with Cheekadee, my makeup looked amazing! My bridesmaids also looked amazing! Nina and the assistant that came out with her, Yelena, were able to make sure that all my girls and myself were out the door in time to make it to the venue on time. I loved my trial and wedding day look that Nina did, it came out perfect! Nina really listened to what I wanted and it came out wonderful. Cheekadee was very responsive and accommodated my wedding party very well when it came to what type of makeup they wanted done, full or just eyes. Overall, my bridal party and myself looked beautiful and Cheekadee did a great job! I would definitely recommend Cheekadee to other brides!

Sent on 09/22/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Hi Monica! Thank you for your super sweet review! I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with our services and that Nina and Yelena listened to your makeup needs. You were an absolute pleasure to work with. We wish you the very best in your new married life! XO- Emily

Janelle · Married on 08/24/2012

Nina is awesome! She is so talented and listened to exactly what I wanted! She made me look gorgeous on my wedding day! She took her time with each one of us, and she made everyone look beautiful. She even did a bunch of last minute lash applications! Everyone loved her!

Sent on 09/14/2012

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review of Cheekadee! It is great to hear that you were so pleased with our services, especially Nina's! I just saw your photos and WOW!!! They are stunning! We wish you the very best as you begin this new chapter of your life with David! XOXO- Emily