Cheekadee Makeup Artists Reviews

184 | Philadelphia, PA

184 Reviews for Cheekadee Makeup Artists

Jasmine · Married on 07/03/2016

Cheekadee was perfect! Jo was very responsive and accommodating with all my emails an requests. Nina and Aja were fantastic the day of! I have a few girls who are very picky about their makeup, and a few who hate makeup. Everyone came out beautiful and loved their makeup job. I would highly recommend booking with this group!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Jasmine thank you so much for the kind words! It means so much that you took the time to write!!! Congratulations!!!!

Erin · Married on 06/25/2016

Nina was incredible! I have a pretty large scar on my nose and she made it disappear completely and truly made me feel beautiful. She also did the MOH, my aunt, and the 2 mothers, and everyone looked fantastic. I was very happy with the price, time and concern Nina and the Cheekadee team put in to making my day a success.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. It really means the world to us! Congratulation! On behalf of Cheekadee, we wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!
    -Nina

Maria · Married on 06/19/2016

I had my wedding makeup with Nina and it was absolutely worth every penny. Nina did a wonderful job with me and my family members!! I would definitely recommend Cheekadee Makeup Artists to anyone looking for wedding makeup or for any other occasion!! I am particularly happy with the quality of service and the fast response to all my inquires, especially as I am not from the Philadelphia area and the tip and recommendations I got for other vendors in the area very very helpful!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you Maria! I loved being apart of your special day! You looked STUNNING! Congratulations!

Stephanie · Married on 06/18/2016

I was recently married this past June and was so happy to have my bridal party and my make up done for the Big Day!! It was the best decision ever!!! I was nervous and they made me feel very comfortable! Cheekadee was very professional and fun through the whole process! I want to give a big thanks to Aja and her team for doing an incredible job! My make up looked amazing, I wish I could look that good everyday! My mom and bridesmaids were also glowing, gorgeous and so happy! You made us look and feel so beautiful!!! Thanks Cheekadee!!! You are the best!!!

- Stephanie McGinty Thomas <3

Sent on 07/15/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for allowing us to be apart of your big day!

Po-Ling · Married on 05/21/2016

Nina did a great job on makeup for our wedding last weekend! She made me and my four bridesmaids look gorgeous, and we were all commenting on the amazing "transformation" that was taking place as Nina performed her magic. It was so special to see my maid of honor, whom I lived with for four years and almost never dresses up, look absolutely stunning after Nina and the hair stylist were done with her.

Nina was also super accommodating. On the morning of our wedding, my mom was finally convinced to get her hair and makeup done, too, and Nina made time to work on her at the last minute. Also, my wedding had a Catholic and Hindu component and spanned two days, so Nina came to the hair salon on the morning of the second day to do my makeup once again. She did a great job with both the more traditional/natural look on the first day and with a bolder palette of colors to match my purple sari on the second day.

I'd definitely recommend Nina to anyone who is looking for an experienced artist to make them and their girlfriends beautiful on their wedding day! We loved her and the work she did on our bridal party!!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Po-Ling, you are so sweet! So glad I could be apart of your 2 big days!! Congratulations!

I had a makeup lesson with Nina and it was a tremendously useful investment of time and money. I was never completely confident in my makeup application techniques, and always felt I was sort of "guessing" in picking colors and products. Before our lesson, Nina accompanied me to Sephora to pick products that met my needs and skin type. Just the foundation alone that Nina picked for me - which is a perfect color match and the right formulation for my super dry skin - was worth our time together. Every morning when I apply it I am silently thanking Nina! She also picked a concealer that, with no exaggeration, was the first I have ever used that actually hides my awful dark circles. Nina truly has a gift for choosing products - and also for educating! It was clear that Nina had prepared ahead of time for our makeup lesson, during which she explained and documented all of her makeup application techniques in great detail. Since our lesson, I have received so many compliments on my appearance. I am so grateful for Nina, and can't wait to work with her again in the future!!!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Wow thank you so much for your kind words!!! It means so much to me when people take time out of their busy day to write a review! Personal shopping and lessons are so fulfilling and rewarding for me as well. I love helping people master their skills by assisting in bringing out their inner artist! So glad to hear you are loving your look!!!

I recently arranged for a group Makeup Lesson with Nina and Hailey and I could not be happier. Both of them were patient and helpful and and made us feel free to ask as many questions as we needed. They took their time in going over all of the basics and everyone in the group came away looking amazing. Best of all, now we have the knowledge and confidence to do our make up on our own. I look forward to more interactions with the Cheekadee Makeup Artist, we will definitely be using them in the future!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Congratulations!

Kristin · Married on 03/12/2016

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this past weekend and Nina did the makeup for four of us. She was fantastic! So sweet and professional. Our makeup looked great and lasted all night!

Sent on 03/18/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Kristin thank you SO much for the kind testimonial! You rock and I can't wait to work with you again in the Fall!

Rebekka · Married on 01/30/2016

My mom and I spent the afternoon with Nina for makeup lessons and they were fantastic. She is well-versed and was so thorough with both of us. We both left with detailed instructions of how to repeat our looks and a shopping list of great products. I could tell that it was very important to Nina that we both felt comfortable with the techniques we were trying and had every one of our questions answered. I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking to build confidence in their makeup techniques or for support in selecting the right cosmetics for your face/skin type. She's wonderful!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Elena · Married on 11/21/2015

Hailey & Meghan were FANTASTIC. I am so obsessed and elated with how all of my bridesmaids makeup turned out, and mine as well. Everything from start to finish was so smooth and efficient and like I said, we looked FABULOUS. It also was really nice to have such social people with me getting ready. It felt like we knew them for years and it was just friends hanging out with me the day of my wedding. I cannot give them enough stars or recommend them to enough people. I will 100% be using their services any and every chance I get!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Cheekadee Makeup Artists came to a rental house to provide services to prepare myself and close relatives for my son's wedding. The artist was punctual, professional, and pleasant. We were confronted with some dilemmas of having the power go off and the back up generators not working, however the artist remaind calmand collected and performed her job with perfection. Everyone commented on how beautiful everyone's make up was. I highly recommend Cheekadee Makeup artists!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so very much, Rosemarie! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family! We hope your son's wedding was lovely! Best~ The Cheekadee Team

Nina did an amazing job! I would request her again and again for any special occasion I had.
    I would love for Nina to offer classes to teach those of us who are "makeup challenged!"

Sent on 11/24/2015

Sue · Married on 11/07/2015

Nina was great! So easy to work with and provided the exact look I was hoping for! Can't wait to have her do my makeup again for my next special event!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Krista · Married on 10/24/2015

Cheekadee Makeup was truly amazing- Nina was outstanding! Everyone at the wedding was raving about our makeup. You HAVE to get the airbrush! It stays on flawless and for the entire night! Cannot say enough good things about them! Use them!!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Bianca · Married on 10/24/2015

So happy with Aja and Tony. They are fun, creative, and professional. So glad I booked with Cheekadee.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Molly · Married on 09/19/2015

The kindness, profressionalism, and calming manner in which Cheeckadee handled my wedding was wonderful! They worked with me (and my crazed stress) with the utmost respect and helpfulness. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Nina was great and everyone looked amazing!!! She even did a little make up for our 9 year old flower girl. She really listened to my vision of what I wanted to look like for the wedding. She wanted to make sure everything was perfect before the trial was over, so there were no questions the day of the wedding. Her thorough attitude made me very confident that I would look exactly as envisioned on the day of the wedding. Would definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for these kind words, It really means so much to us when clients take the time to write a review! Please think of us in the future if you need your makeup done! - Nina

From the first moment that I contacted Cheekadee about makeup services for my wedding, it was a great experience. Jo was wonderful and so responsive to every question that I had. She managed to work out all of the payments and details for me so that on the day of, everything was taken care of and ran smoothly. We used Nina to do the bride's makeup, the mother of the bride and all of the bridesmaids. Not only is she super sweet, but she really knows what she's doing, and what looks best for everyone's skin type. For the trial, she looked at pictures and checked in as we went along to make sure everything looked just as I wanted. She was able to make tweaks to make sure that everything looked perfect before I left. On the day of, she was extremely flexible with us. We were running a little late from our hair appointment, but once we arrived, she was still able to get all of the girls done on time, and everyone looked fabulous. The girls loved their makeup and thought that Nina did a great job with listening to what they wanted. I absolutely loved my makeup, and thought it looked flawless. I also loved how everything photographed in our wedding pictures. I would highly recommend Cheekadee, and Nina! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Nina and her assistant were wonderful, on time, diligent with our time requirements for the day, and most of all made myself (bride) and all of my bridesmaids and mom's look amazing!! People are still talking about it! Absolutely wonderful company, answered emails and questions promptly.

Sent on 08/30/2015

For under $1000, Cheekadee did my wedding day makeup, that of 4 bridesmaids, and the mother of the bride. The coordinator, Jo, was on top of things every step of the way, and my makeup artist, Kim, was outstanding. Kim was not only incredibly talented but also extremely professional and my makeup came out EXACTLY as I requested it at my makeup trial. I couldn't be happier with their services!!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Allison · Married on 06/06/2015

Nina was great. She was receptive to my desire to not look as though I was wearing a ton of makeup. She made my eyes amazingly beautiful and somehow just seemed to "amplify" everything else. I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Jennie · Married on 03/21/2015

I highly recommend Cheekadee! They were very responsive and helpful. When I lost my hair stylist at the last minute they quickly helped me to find Meghan, who was wonderful! Nina did my makeup for my wedding day as well as the makeup for my two step daughters and two sisters. She also ended up doing makeup for my grandmother, which was a last minute request. She was so kind and we had such a good time with her. She made us all feel beautiful. The makeup was glamorous and natural at the same time. I hope to work with Cheekadee again and will be recommending them every time I have a chance!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review Jennie! It was our absolute pleasure to work with you! Congratulations and Best Wishes to you and your new hubby!
    Let us know when you are in Philadelphia again, we would love to work with you again!
    Thanks!

Brittany · Married on 12/27/2014

LOVE LOVE LOVE Cheekadee! I have been in my fair share of weddings and typically do my own makeup. I am very into makeup and pride myself on my makeup artistry ability therefore when it came time to find someone for my wedding- I knew it would be no easy feat. Cheekadee made it an easy choice, Nina was fabulous and really listened to what I envisioned for my makeup. Her attention to detail is amazing and is why she is so talented. Nina and Kim were an amazing team on my wedding day, they made things run smoothly and did not run behind on the schedule. My girls looked amazing and I am SO GLAD I hired them. You can not go wrong with this company, I mean have you read their bio- it speak volumes for how seasoned they are. Seriously, check them out. They will not disappoint!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, Brittany! It was our absolute pleasure to have worked with you on your wedding day. We do hope the opportunity to work with you again sometime.
    So thrilled to hear how pleased you were with Nina and Kim's skills and services.
    Congratulations and Best Wishes!
    Sincerely,

Susan · Married on 11/08/2014

Hiring Cheekadee for my daughter's wedding (after a bad trial with another company) was one of the best decisions I made.
    Nina is absolutely amazing! This extremely talented & professional artist did makeup for me, my daughter & four attendants (graciously agreeing to do one unscheduled service at the last minute so the Matron of Honor could also have her make-up done)
    Everyone loved their looks. My daughter, the bride, looked absolutely gorgeous and Nina even managed to please this fussy, "make-up sensitive" MOB! My eyes are very tear prone, but using a combination of Nina's make-up & my own favorites, she was able to create a look that was not only beautiful - it was also very comfortable! (I even managed to wear false lashes!)
    Thank you , Nina - we received so many compliments at the wedding & you were a pleasure!!!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Dear Susan,
    Thank you so much for your glowing review! It was our pleasure to work with you. So glad that it all worked out. So thrilled to hear how much you loved Nina and her work. Let us know when we can help you again!

Thanks,

Christa · Married on 09/27/2014

Wow! Katie Custer and Wesley did an amazing job with 7 bridesmaids, me the bride and my mother. We all had different skin tones and different ideas of what we wanted and they had only met three of us before the day of the wedding. We looked and felt like flawless beauties - and not only did it look great, the makeup stayed on from about 10am - midnight on a hot (80+ degree day). They are also all beyond lovely people and I will be using them again every occasion i can!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Cheekadee Makeup Artists's reply:

Thank you so much Christa!
    It was our pleasure to work with you! So glad to hear that you were pleased with Katie and Wesley. Also glad to hear that your makeup withstood the heat!

Wishing you the best! Congratulations!
    Sincerely,