Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion Reviews

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion 2
Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion 3
Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion 4

Suzanne · Married on 05/28/2017

I could not have been happier with the service we received. The staff were knowledable and responsive. The vendors they referred us too were great as well. They all worked together as a team which led to a stress free wedding day for my husband and me.

Brenna · Married on 06/25/2016

We had our wedding at the Chatillon-DeMenil, and everyone was wonderful. They were always helpful whenever we needed to look at or work on something at the venue before the wedding, and our wedding day was amazing. We are so happy we had our wedding there--it was beautiful.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's reply:

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that we helped make your special day perfect! Hope you book with us again!

Brooke · Married on 06/25/2016

We were so lucky to have our wedding here - the people involved at the mansion are seriously wonderful, and so hard-working. They were happy to set anything up the way we wanted it, and were always happy to see us, even when we would swing by just to browse the venue again for our own benefit. Andrew, who manages weddings for the mansion, in particular was so lovely. He was on site the entire day helping out with anything we needed, and to be honest it was almost sad to say goodbye to him at the end of the night. Gorgeous locations for pictures too - front porch, back porch, the home itself, carriage house, gazebo - what more could you ask for?

Sent on 02/03/2017

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad Andrew was so accommodating! I hope I will be just as helpful moving forward! -Curtis
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 05/21/2016

Fantastic experience. We had our ceremony here and it was beautiful and the staff was wonderfully helpful.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your fabulous and quick review! Curtis

Cyndy · Married on 04/23/2016

My daughter's wedding and reception at the Mansion was a beautiful, magical experience.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy it was such a positive experience!

Sharon · Married on 04/09/2016

Was able to rent a room here for my bridesmaids and I to get ready. Our reception was actually at the Lemp Mansion, but it was nice to be able to rent a room nearby to prep. They gave us a very fair price, and were even kind enough to let us take photos on the premises, which all turned out beautiful! They were very responsive to all questions and super easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's reply:

We are happy you chose us as your preparation site and that it was a positive experience! Thank you!

marilyn · Married on 06/18/2015

Best choice I ever made! Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion made my special day more magical than I could ever imagine!

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion 5

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's reply:

Marilyn, Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy that it was everything you hoped for! Hope to see you here on your anniversary!

Katherine · Married on 09/02/2017

What a beautiful location! The garden was stunning, and our guests enjoyed touring the mansion during the cocktail hour. I highly recommend the Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion for an intimate wedding or anniversary party.

Morgan · Married on 09/04/2016

We loved the Chatillon-DeMenil for our wedding. The house, so beautiful and rich with history, provided an elegant backdrop for our ceremony and reception. The staff at the venue were excellent and were very flexible with our plans for the venue, while providing great feedback based on previous events. I would highly recommend this venue for an intimate affair, 50-120 people.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for writing a review for us! -Curtis

Stephanie · Married on 10/15/2016

3.0

Best hidden gem!! A little hard to get a hold of every once in a while but they are SO flexible, incredible value - price tag is perfect. And it's so gorgeous. Trust me, you want to have your wedding here. ??

Sent on 02/14/2017

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! It means a lot, and we always try to be available at all times, sorry you feel that we are slightly hard to get a hold of. We are thrilled you had an overall good experience!

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/12/2017

3.0
      2.5
      2.5
      2.0

This is a beautiful and affordable venue. If you love history, and you don't mind the occasional hiccup, this place is great. I would NOT go back & change having my wedding here. But they DO have room for improvement
    Pros: Most affordable & most beautiful venue we saw. Fit 175 guests @ cocktail reception
    Cons: (They do not all fit) They showed the venue while we were there, all set up, the day of our wedding, even bringing prospective couples into the Bridal changing suite while we were in it in just robes! It occurred more than once and was quite uncomfortable for us
    Groundskeeping. My mom &bridesmaid pulled weeds for 45 min the day before the wedding b/c the grounds did not look good
    Not aware of their surroundings. They are next door to Lemp Mansion, another MAJOR outdoor venue. There was a large Jazz festival at Lemp Mansion the same day as our wedding! Demenil staff (at least claimed they) Had NO IDEA. If you are an outdoor wedding venue it is YOUR JOB to know what is going on NEXT DOOR at ANOTHER OUTDOOR VENUE. We found out FIVE WEEKS before our wedding, and not from anyone at Demenil. My MIL just happened to get on the Lemp Website and see this herself! If we hadnt moved up the ceremony time there would have been loud music during our ceremony & no one would've been able to hear any of our vows/wedding music. The music playing during our cocktail hour almost inaudible. Once the louder music of the reception got going, we were able to hear our music over theirs at Lemp (who were horrible when we tried to work with them)
    Not the most speedy at getting back to you
    In contract with the food vendor there is a clause that says they get 10% of food and liquor sales. This isn't in the contract with the customer, and we found out the hard way weeks before our wedding that that fee was being passed along to us, so our food/liquor costs were actually 10% higher. This is something both the venue and the food vendor should have informed us of, but neither did

Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion 6