Chart House Event Center Reviews

Chart House Event Center 5
Chart House Event Center 6
Chart House Event Center 7
  • User4861913 · 2+ years ago

Beautiful outside space and lovely in door space with lots of room. Great team that was very responsive. Thanks MJ and Marie!

Sent on 03/09/2015

Pam · Married on 07/19/2015

Kayla and the whole staff at Chart house were all amazing, the garden area where the wedding was held is gorgeous!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Dear Pam,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am so glad the day turned out perfect! I hope you were able to get some wonderful photos in the garden area!

Take care and thanks again.

Lindsey · Married on 07/18/2015

Kayla was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks so much for the great review, I am so glad your day turned out wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving.

Alana · Married on 06/20/2015

I really enjoyed every step of planning with The Chart House. About a month before our wedding, MJ (the previous coordinator), stepped down because she found a different job. MJ was always helpful and was easy to get ahold of. When Kayla took on this position, she was very welcoming and picked up right where MJ left. I felt like I had a say in everything up until the day after! I loved how flexible and willing they were with us, especially with the night before decision to add pizzas!! (Which my husband and I didn't even enjoy, sadly! But hooray for the guests!)

Dear Alana,

Thank you for the positive feedback, you made the transition very smooth for us! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Ryan again, soon!

Sales Manager

They were the best. It was such a beautiful location and the pictures look like a back drop because of how beautiful it was in their gardens! The food was fantastic and is still the talk of our families! We have gone there on many other occasions and the service was wonderful! Couldn't have asked for better service! It made the day go so smoothly!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Kristin · Married on 08/25/2007

We had a beautiful outside wedding at the Chart House. The food was fantastic and the day couldnt have gone any better. My husband and I recommend the Chart House for a lovely outdoor wedding and reception.

Sent on 04/20/2008

Jan · Married on 07/22/2016

We looked at many venues to have our wedding and decided on the Chart House because of its location, beautiful grounds, and excellent food and service. We were so pleased with the service received and every detail was addressed to our complete satisfaction. Thank you so much to all the staff at Chart House.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Dear pleased bride,

Thank you for great review, we loved working with you, as well! Enjoy being a newlywed and congrats!

events@charthouserestaurant.com

Staci · Married on 09/05/2015

The Chart House is a wonderful place to have an outdoor ceremony & reception! Kayla & Debbie were a pleasure to work with. They were always available to answer questions & help in any way we asked! Many of our guests have told us that they actually felt like our reception was planned with them in mind & that they have never had more fun at a wedding! The food was delicious too!

Dear Staci,

Thank you for taking the time to review our venue! I am so pleased to hear how wonderful the whole experience went for you! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Kim · Married on 08/08/2008

I loved The Charthouse. I got married on a beautiful day in August in the "garden area" in back and then had a reception inside. Because the weather was so perfect we got some really good photos outside. It is very lush. My only complaint was that there were stacks of white plastic chairs along the side of the building and they ended up in some pictures of me heading for the aisle at the ceremony.

The contact person was always quick to return emails and helpful with all my questions. The waitstaff was good. And the food is fantastic!

Sent on 09/05/2008

caitlin · Married on 06/24/2017

The Chart House was a fabulous venue for our wedding. Debbie and Kayla were great to work with, and they made sure we had everything we wanted for our big day. The ceremony space overlooking the lake provided a beautiful setting for us to say "I do." Our guests loved the patio and enjoyed dancing outside, and the staff even allowed us to move the dance inside so we could continue the celebration after hours. We recommend spending more time going through the ceremony logistics. We were so caught up with the reception that we didn't spend enough time talking through the ceremony details with the Chart House staff. Also, the acoustics under the pavilllion aren't ideal, so we could recommend considering having the dance underneath the tents if having the reception outside. Otherwise the acoustics inside were excellent. We recommend the Chart House for any couple looking for a beautiful venue and great customer service!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Hi Caitlin,

Congratulations again on your marriage; I hope married life is treating you both, perfectly! Debbie and I loved working with you both; you are such an amazing couple! We would love to see you visit us again at the Chart House in the future and thanks again for the rave review!

Best Wishes,

Kayla Hudson and Debbie Ruppert
    Sales Manager(s)

Stephanie · Married on 09/19/2015

We used the Chart House for both our outdoor wedding ceremony as well as our reception venue and were very pleased with both. The grounds around the Chart House were beautiful and perfect for holding our ceremony and pictures. The staff at the Chart House was very helpful throughout the entire planning process as well as on the day of the wedding. The food choices were extensive and very delicious. I would recommend the Chart House to anyone looking to have a somewhat smaller, intimate wedding.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you so much for the positive comments, I truly appreciate it! Congrats again!

Kind Regards,

Michelle · Married on 06/09/2007

Great place for a wedding. The gardens were beautiful!!

Sent on 04/01/2009

Amy · Married on 07/22/2016

3.0

I cannot express how very pleased we were with the experience we had at the Chart House. We knew very early on that we wanted to hold our rehearsal dinner there, My parents had their post-wedding dinner there so it was an extremely meaningful choice. We visited with Kayla who was fantastic to work with. She carefully explained all of the options available to us and was always quick to reply to any of our questions. When we were still deciding on some things fairly close to our even she was calm and patient with us and never made us feel rushed. the atmosphere is fantastic! The room we were in is lovely. We loved having our own bar and bartender and private access to the patio and gorgeous backyard area! Our family and friends enjoyed strolling the grounds and taking photos with the beautiful landscaping and lake for a back drop. Our food was very good. We chose a buffet and things were kept hot and replenished. The Chart House is a bit on the expensive side but we did choose some pricier items-such as the walleye-which our guests enjoyed! If you are looking for a charming beautiful spot for dinner, a meeting, a rehearsal, or a wedding definitely check out the Chart House!!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Hi Amy,

I truly appreciate your kind words and rave reviews! Debbie and I loved working with you both, as well! I hope newlywed life is treating you well!

events@charthouserestaurant.com

We had a winter wedding, and our ceremony was at another location but our reception was at the Chart House. I really enjoyed working with Debbie and Kayla! They were very friendly and flexible - which is so important for a bride!!! The venue was beautiful and just what we wanted. The only complaint was that Debbie and Kayla couldn't be there at night - there was another staff person who wasn't quite as awesome as them. However, I would still highly recommend the Chart House for the excellent customer service by Debbie and Kayla! They even worked with my friends over phone, email, and in-person, on technical setup so I didn't have to be involved. My guests loved the food and the dance floor. The Christmas decor was still setup (though we were given the option to take some of it down if we wanted), which was beautiful! We also got to take pictures outside on their patio at night in the snow with the pretty light poles in the background. All in all - awesome!!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Chart House Event Center's reply:

Dear Happy Bride, Thank you for your kind words, I am so glad the day turned out wonderful! It's great to hear you were able to get some wonderful photos capturing a beautiful Winter wedding in Minnesota! Take care and congrats again! Kayla Hudson Sales Manager

Tricia · Married on 09/18/2010

Overall, we had a wonderful experience at the Chart House. Beautiful location, guests raved about the location and the hors d'oeuvres. No additional charge for butler-passed. No additional charge for multiple meal selections. We were extremely happy with the Chart House and especially the event coordinator, MJ.

Some inflexibility - you can't access the site before 11 a.m. the day of the wedding. The patio is open to the public. They will host multiple receptions unless you pay a double minimum - our reception was large enough to accomplish this - the site would not be as great if you didn't have access to the entire area.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Nancy · Married on 07/11/2015

4.2

The venue was beautiful. The outdoor space was georgeous and our guests were able to spread out and enjoy the space. Dance floor is a good size and venue was very flexible with the layout. I appreciate that we were allowed to drop off flowers and so many other items the day before. It was an amazing day. Two suggestions...1) encourage the bartenders to let guests know what bride/groom are hosting. The bartender served and charged my husband for beer even though we had bought a keg of the same brand. 2) Offer a credit card or point of contact in case you go over the estimated bill. They didn't ask and unfortunately hit up the bride on the way out the door with a large tab.

Dear Nancy

Thank you so much for the positive review, it was great working with you, as well. I think your suggestions are definitely helpful and I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks again and take care.