Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear Reviews

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear 3
Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear 4
Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear 5

Deandra · Married on 10/27/2018

I loved my experience with them. I found the perfect dress for the perfect price.

Sent on 11/29/2017

Nikki · Married on 10/27/2012

Had a wonderful experience finding my wedding gown with Sue. She was very helpful in finding the perfect gown for my body type and stayed in our budget without trying to show dresses that were beyond my means.

As far as ordering my husbands suit. It was going smoothly until it was time to order. I felt they may have waited a little to long to turn the order in which turned into worrying about whether or not we would have his tie on time. Long story short we did not receive the tie until the afternoon before the wedding day.

All the staff was very nice and offered to stay late or drop off the tie after hours.

Sent on 11/01/2012

Helen · Married on 05/19/2018

I bought my wedding dress at Charlotte Bridal Boutique, and it was the only bridal salon I visited. They were very accommodating to my large bridal squad I brought with me. Sallie was very helpful and fun to work with. I never felt rushed. They have a nice wide selection of dresses.

Sent on 06/09/2018

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

We are so happy you found your gown! We love our brides and feel honored to assist them!
  • Sara Kelly

Sara · Married on 02/08/2018

We are so pleased to have choosen Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear. Thank you so much for you services!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Katie · Married on 10/04/2014

I had a fantastic experience working with Charlotte bridal. I visited their store for the first time while visiting my family on my spring break. I had just gotten engaged with plans to get married over a year and a half away. I was looking to try on a few gowns with my mom and grandma to see which styles worked for me. At that point it had no intention of purchasing a gown that day. Debra, our bridal consultant, was fantastic! She was a great listener and made great suggestions. She made me feel so special. I had never tried on a wedding gown before, so I was nervous and excited at the same time. Debra tailored to appointment to my needs. I never felt rushed. After trying on only five gowns, I ended up saying "yes to the dress" that day. On a later date, my sister and mom purchased their gowns for my wedding from Charlotte Bridal. Debra also helped them select their gowns for my wedding. The staff at Charlotte Bridal is so friendly, professional and knowledgeable. They also helped me by sending me a fabric swatch of my sisters dress so I could coordinate our bouquets. I would highly recommend it to any bride to be. I can't wait to wear my dress this October when I say "I do." Thank you for all of your help!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2014
  • ktbug

Kate · Married on 11/07/2009

I loved my dress it was perfect. And Charlotte Bridal was such a nice little place to pick out my dress. The ladies there were so nice and not pushy at all especially compared to the ones at david's bridal! It is a great place to find a perfect dress!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review!!! We loved working with you on your wedding and hope to see lots of photos soon!! Drop us an email and stay in touch!! Enjoy your wonderful life together!!

Aisling · Married on 05/02/2009

i love this place because they sell dresses at a Port Charlotte Price and not a miami price! they made my weddding day perfect!! I had a beautiful dress that I did not spend a ton of money on! The people are so attentive...... some other wedding dress places made me feel fat after i left, but not at charlottes bridal. THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!

Sent on 09/01/2009

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank-you for the wonderful review!!! We love helping our brides plan the wedding of their dreams and you were such fun!!! I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed our shop and our staff. We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile, and its' so nice when its appreciated!! I hope you and your husband are enjoying your married life together, please stop by and say hi! And we love getting wedding photos!!!

My first visit I felt like I wasn't really helped much but I went back again as they were pretty busy the first time. The second time I went in it was a lot better, I found my perfect and we even celebrated with Champagne!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Casey · Married on 04/11/2015

3.5

I used them during my first wedding and they were so great and helpful. The price was amazing

Sent on 07/14/2014

Make sure to deal only with the ladies that work here

Sent on 12/17/2014

Belinda · Married on 06/10/2016

3.5

Love the home town service. But can be VERY busy and they get distracted. Got all 8 Tux from them and was kinda worried. But everything came out fine in the end.

Sent on 08/18/2016

Jessa · Married on 07/16/2016

3.0

We had a great time and a very nice people.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica! We had a wonderful experience assisting you with your wedding! Wishing you every happiness in your marriage!

crystal · Married on 11/20/2014

3.0

Very nice. Have good options for tuxes.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Brian · Married on 10/05/2013

3.5

Our experience with Charlotte Bridal was not without its challenges. We hired them to rent our groom's and groomsmen's tuxedos, and to purchase dresses for the mothers of the bride and groom. The tuxedos fit (even those for party members flying into town that week), and the dresses arrived in time for the event. They even did fittings and adjustments for the best man and ring bearer the day before the wedding, on the fly.
    Those being the positives, the negatives were what appeared to be a lack of organization. Each time we entered the boutique, it seemed we needed to go over our colors, suits, and options all over again. We may have been better served if there was one single point of accountability, rather than a number of people trying to play catch-up each time we came in. The dresses for the mothers did not arrive as early as we were quoted, which was stressful.
    I will say in their defense that they genuinely seemed to care and wanted to provide exceptional service, but for this customer they missed the mark. I like the people at Port Charlotte Bridal, but would be hesitant to use them again without assurances that they have improved their operations and accountability.
    One last positive note, the dresses for the mothers were beautiful and the staff was very helpful when they came into try-on and select their dresses.

Sent on 10/18/2013

3.6
      3.5

I used Charlotte Bridal for my wedding dress. I was very happy with my dress and the staff was fairly helpful and friendly. What was the absolute best, was their seamstress who did alterations, Amy. She practically remade my dress and it was incredible. I was blown away by the way she was able to make my dress fit me so wonderfully!

Sent on 07/29/2015

3.4
      3.0

Charlotte Bridal is a tiny shop, could use more space and updating. I got my wedding dress there for a fair price. Tried getting my invitations there but took over a month to get back to me and didn't have time to wait. Also have very strange hours , so it was always hard for me to find a time to go in. AMY, the seamstress is absolutely amazing !! She worked wonders on my dress to get it just the way I wantes without charging me and arm and a leg.

Sent on 09/23/2016

2.8
      2.0
      2.0
      2.5

I am not a fan of this company. The professionalism is lacking and I was blamed for a lot of their errors. I was forced to pay rush charges for the bridesmaids dress even when we asked if they needed to be rushed for a specific date. They said no but neglected to tell us that is if we ordered within the week so when we went back two weeks later we were informed it was too late. Plus for my sister's wedding the ties were not ordered and two of the groomsmen's suits didn't even fit.

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • User5191328 · 2+ years ago

1.0

When I visited Charlotte Bridal for my first dress shopping trip, they were very pushy and persistent. They try very hard to pressure customers into a sale. They told me they could only offer a discount if I decided on a dress that day. I didn't have my mother with me and wanted her to see the dress before purchasing, but they refused to hold a dress without a deposit. I put down a $300 deposit so that they would hold the dress. Not long after this, I had a drastic change in my financial situation and decided to wear my mother's dress instead, so I stopped in to request my deposit back. They told me they don't give back deposits, but they would speak with the owner and get back to me the next day. The following day, I got a message on my voicemail, not even from the owner, but from another employee, stating that the owner refused to give me my deposit back, that all they could offer was to put my deposit towards another purchase MINUS a $50 restocking fee. I would also like to add that this dress never left the store, and was not specially ordered, but right off the rack. I'm extremely disappointed in their service, and with the exception of whatever I have to use the remainder of my deposit for, I will never make another single purchase from this business.

Sent on 06/19/2015
  • ashley

ashley · Married on 04/08/2011

1.0

our tuxes were late.. most of them were the wrong size.. the father of the bride had the wrong vest and tie... and they didnt do anything but say sorry!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2011

DANIEL · Married on 08/27/2011

0.0

Normally you have 3 fittings. My Fiance bought a dress there and had at least 5 fittings before they almost got the dress right! Now it is 2 weeks to the wedding and we are hoping they get it right this time! They are slow, pricey, and rude. They rescheduled several of her fittings for misc. reasons that should not have happened! Do NOT give these people your business!

Sent on 08/27/2011