Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear Reviews

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear 2
Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear 3
Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear 4
Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear 5

I was terrified not excited about dress shopping. We made a two hour drive to this cute little shop to see a specific dress. When I arrived for my appointment the dress was in my room waiting, Sue also quickly pulled a few others to try on. I felt comfortable there was no pressure at all, staff answered all my questions and accommodated me in every way. Come time to pay the dress was several hundred dollars LESS than priced because we bought on our first visit. So thrilled with everything! Especially my gown!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Dalaine, Thank you for the cool review! It was our pleasure to help you with your gown selection! You and Sue really found your style with the gown you selected! Please let us know when you are ready to order all the other items for your wedding day, we are here to help you style it up!
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 09/07/2013

Charlotte Bridal Boutique was the best experience I ever had. The ladies were very nice and treated me like family.I have the most beautiful wedding dress I could ever ask for in the world. Please go in a visit them.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Joanna, Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to meet you! You are part of our family now!!! Connie had such a nice time helping you find the perfect wedding gown!! Please let us know when your ready to look at invitations, tuxedos, mothers and maids!!! We would love to do it all for you!! We love your gown!!
    Lynn, Connie and the gang!

Smith · Married on 09/07/2013

Everyone at Charlotte Bridal is amazing. They were so helpful when finding my dress. They knew what style I should try on for my body type, and they picked out the dress that I ended up choosing. It fit like a glove.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Charlotte Bridal provides exceptional service. I knew that they offered a terrific service, as my sister had purchased her dress there a few years ago. I felt comfortable immediately, despite the fact it was my first attempt at shopping for a wedding dress. The saleswoman was respectful of my smaller budget, and never once made me feel as though my budget was inadequate. She helped me try on several dresses that did not meet my needs, as I had my heart set on a tea length dress. After some searching, she found a beautiful ball gown, which she showed me could easily be converted into my dream dress. The fit was flattering, and I loved the details. After the saleswoman pinned up the dress bottom to my desired length, I realized it was the perfect dress for me. I received high praise for my unique dress the day of my wedding, and feel that I was able to find the perfect dress at a reasonable price at this location. I would highly recommend Charlotte Bridal based on my experience with my own wedding, and having observed my sister’s experiences with her wedding. A huge plus, is the discount offered if it is your first dress appointment, and you find your dress!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Luisa · Married on 04/06/2013

Charlotte Bridal went above and beyond to make my wedding dress search experience amazing!! They were so kind and caring and put the extra effort to making me feel comfortable and so in love with my dress!! They even hand delivered it to my home, which added that special touch!! I would definitely recommend them to everyone I know.

Sent on 01/18/2014
  • katie

katie · Married on 01/03/2013

I was so nervous about dress shopping, but it turned out to be such a great experience! Everyone put me at ease, and I ended up choosing the first dress I tried on. The bridesmaids dresses and the groom's and groomsmen's tuxes were all amazing too!! Everyone raved about them all night. Can't thank everyone enough!!!

Sent on 01/05/2013

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank you Katie! You were all so much fun! We had a blast helping find that awesome style you chose for your wedding! Send us more pics!
    Thank you for trusting us with your most important day! Lynn and the ladies!

Christina · Married on 09/14/2012

I found a beautiful dress the first day I went in! They were more than friendly to me. I also ordered the suits in which they stayed open longer for my fiancé to get fitted since he has a job where he's all over the state all the time. Thank you everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure to help you with your beautiful wedding! Stop by and visit soon! Lynn

Bevin · Married on 06/30/2012

Small Town Shop with a Big Town Selection
    This shop has a huge selection that can accommodate a variety of shapes and sizes – which you often find isn’t the case when shopping in bridal shops – and the staff are welcoming and pleasant. I worked with Sue who is one of the most delightful women I have ever met. She always wears a huge smile and made my dress buying experience a total breeze.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Bevin, it was our pleasure assisting you with your dream wedding! Thank you so much for the kind words! The wedding photos are gorgeous, and you are so beautiful in your bridal gown! Thank you for Shopping Local!!! Please stop by and visit us soon, we look forward to seeing you! Lynn, Sue and all the gang at Charlotte Bridal Boutique!

Susan · Married on 05/17/2012

I went to Charlotte Bridal in search of a dress that would work for me, I am really selective in what I will wear and thought that it would be almost impossible to find what I had visioned to be the perfect dress. I met Debbie and she helped me find a few dresses. I tried the first one on and loved the way it fit, just being me I wanted a few other things that would make it right for me. Lynn the owner came out to assist and she listened to what it was I wanted and had these fabulous ideas, she explained it and said her seamstress could do all of that. After a few fittings my dress was the most perfect dress for me. love love loved it.. Side note my husband started clapping when he saw me...what butterflies I had. They are the best. Susan Dagastino

Sent on 01/17/2013

Lynne · Married on 10/08/2011

Could not ask for a better group of professional ladies to work with! They knew just the dress I was looking for and ordered it for me - it was just perfect! I have had the pleasure of working with the staff at this store for 6 years, coordinating a local bridal show, and they are the most accommodating people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. They are friendly, professional, responsive and just plain nice people who like to please their customers. Highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Gwendolyn · Married on 08/28/2011

I have had such an amazing experience every time I have worked with Charlotte Bridal. I am in a wedding tomorrow and yesterday realized that my dress was too big and needed some alterations. I went in this morning in a panic and they took measurements and altered my dress for me. I don't know what I would have done without their help on such short notice. I am getting married in April and I had a wonderful experience with trying on dresses. I went in with a style of dress that I had in mind and after trying on a few and realizing that the style was not for me, Sue brought me a couple different dresses that were amazing. She held the one she liked best for last and that ended up being the dress I picked. Lynn, Sue, and Connie have been helpful beyond measures and it's nice to go into the store and they know who you are and remember things about your wedding. I would go here instead of places like David's Bridal anyday, they have just as much of a selection and are about as knowledgeable, and nice as you can get.

Sent on 09/02/2011

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review and the great experience we also had working with you. We were all very happy to help you and look forward to helping you with your own wedding planning.
    Lynn, Sue Connie and the gang at Charlotte Bridal & Formalwear!

Desiree · Married on 06/18/2011

Everyone there is so helpful and really does make the whole process just wonderful.

Sent on 06/19/2011

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Desiree, It was great to hear from you! Thank you for the kind ! I saw a few wedding pics, will watch for more! Stop by and show us your album when you have it done! Thank you for allowing us to assist you with your w1edding and for shopping local with us!! Lynn and the girls at Charlotte Bridal Boutique

Crystal · Married on 05/11/2011

This is the best store I have ever been to! I had the worst experience at Dazzle Too in the Town Center Mall, I called Ted crying the day before my wedding in need of a Tux because the first place I went to ordered the wrong color, the wrong size, and the pants were stained with rust and dirt. Ted took the time to calm me down and reassure me that he could get my husband fitted for his Tux and that it would take about 30 minutes and Jeremy could take his tux home that day. When we got there Ted did not have any white Tux or pink vest, so he started making phone calls and told us in the meantime he told us we were more than welcome to anything in the store, whether it was on a manican or on the wall he said it didn't matter whatever we wanted we were more than welcome to it. They couldn't get the white or the pink but they got him fitted with a black tux and pulled a vest off the manican and sat me down and gave me water to help me calm down. When we left we were so happy and so thankful that Ted and his girls took the time to help us and make sure we happy and taken care of. They went over and beyond what was required of them but did it with a smile on their face and without any problems or reservations. I would recommed Charlotte Bridal to anyone. They are absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 06/23/2011

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Crystal, Thank you for the sweet review! Despite the unfortunate situation you had with the other store, we were so happy to do everything possible to make you and your groom have that perfect wedding day! We look forward to seeing lots of photos of your beautiful day! Hugs from all!!! Lynn, Ted and the girls at Charlotte Bridal Formalwear!

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2011

I was 4 months pregnant when I got married. Sue treated my mother and I so well she helped me find the most appropriate dress without breaking the bank and I still looked beautiful!

Sent on 01/06/2012

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Lauren, you were beautiful!!! It was such a pleasure working with you and your mother to find the perfect bridal gown for you! Thank you so much for shopping local and shopping with us! Sue, Lynn and the girls of Charlotte Bridal Boutique!!

Kristine · Married on 02/14/2011

I exhausted myself looking for dresses from Chicago to Florida. When I found Charlotte Bridal, I was so relieved. The choices of dresses was extraordinary and the amount of time Lynn and her staff invested in helping me find exactly what I was looking for was above and beyond. I would recommend shopping there for all of your bridal needs. You will feel exactly as a bride should during this special time in your life.

Sent on 06/15/2011
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 02/05/2011

I simply CAN NOT say enough about Lynn and the girls at Charlotte Bridal. Just when I thought it was hopeless that I would ever find, "the one," they gave me just the right push to go with my gut and take a chance on a dress I had only seen in a catalog. My dress was so perfect, but it really has nothing to do with this review. My review reflects the way Charlotte Bridal treated me like I was a truly valued customer. Every time I called, every time I walked through the door, it was, "Stephanie! oh it's so good to see/hear from you!" The girls were so caring and attentive - I commuted 3 hours from Orlando every time I needed to work with these girls because you just can't find good 'ol fashioned manners and customer service in the city as you can when you're back home. I was worried that it wouldn't come in on time, so Lynn put a RUSH on my gown. It came in with plenty of time. Alterations were so carefree and easy - Amy made my dress fit me like a glove - and the bustle she put in my dress was so seamless, when it was up you couldn't tell that the dress wasn't designed that way. I just love these ladies and I'm so thankful to have worked with them. My dress was one thing I never had to worry about. I knew I was in good hands. HIGHLY recommend!! :)

Sent on 02/22/2011
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/23/2010

I love my dress!!! They were very helpful and accommodating. My mom and I just stopped in a few weeks after my engagement and tried on a number of dresses. They definitely have lots of pretty dresses, but nothing I was ready to commit to so soon. Right as we were about to leave, one of the consultants said she had something in the back that she wanted me to see. It turned out to be THE dress! I tried it on and it was almost as if it was made just for me. They then showed me the perfect jewelry to compliment the accents of the dress. We bought the dress and jewelry set right then and there. They were so kind to hold the dress there for me until a few weeks before the wedding (almost a year!). Thanks Charlotte Bridal!

Sent on 11/09/2010
  • Bryce & Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/19/2010

I have no idea how to express how thankful we are for the staff at Charlotte Bridal! Lynn and the gang were amazing to me... I'm truly full of gratitude for the way they made me feel during my experience as a bride. I enjoyed every minute of it. My husband, Bryce and I had the wedding of our dreams, and the whole wedding party was well-dressed by this wonderful boutique!! When we got engaged, I began my dress shopping at David's Bridal, where I did not have a good experience at all. I quickly learned that going there was a mistake because as soon as I walked into Charlotte Bridal, it was completely different. I was a valued customer from the start. Before I even spent one penny in the store, I felt like they were there to serve me and help me find the dress of my dreams, which I did! EVERYONE was so helpful and caring. When I found my gown, it was way too big, but they promised they could make it fit perfectly...and I can't believe how truly PERFECT it was. On top of it being too big on the date I purchased it, I lost over 20 pounds during the wedding planning months, and they altered it to look like it was truly made for me. The alterations for me and all my girls were amazing! My dress was my favorite part of my wedding day because they made it to be all mine. My husband and his groomsmen also rented amazing tuxes from Ted at Charlotte Bridal. They came in well in time for the wedding, and the fittings went very well. Anytime there was any issue at all with ANYTHING at all, they solved it quickly for us. The staff at the Charlotte Bridal is so knowledgeable in everything about weddings! It made wedding planning so much fun because going in there was a joy!! The staff was so friendly and attentive. I cannot say enough good things about Charlotte Bridal. I would truly recommend it to anyone with ANY wedding or formal wear needs. They made sure we got everything we wanted at the best price. We ordered EVERYTHING in there- my amazing gown, shoes, my veil, my slip, the ring bear pillows, the tuxes, and even the mother-of-the-bride dress, which was also amazing! They helped my mom search for her perfect gown too, which complimented mine perfectly. There is no store I would have rather used for my wedding needs... They worked hard for every dime we spent in there, and it was an amazing experience!! We are so happy with how everything turned out, and we can't wait to show all of them pictures... It feels as if the staff is a group of our friends now, and that is a great feeling! No matter what we needed or wanted, they made it happen, and we are so, so grateful! Charlotte Bridal certainly relieved a lot of stress from my mother and I by calling every time something came in or was ready for pickup. Truly, truly, we think this personal, wonderful, hometown store was the best choice of our wedding experience!! All of the dresses and tuxes were absolutely beautiful-- we got compliments all day long!! The seamstress, Amy, made everything fit perfectly! Thank you so much to the amazing staff of Charlotte Bridal! I'm convinced that your products and service can't be beat!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    -Kelsey

Sent on 07/02/2010
  • Jessicahaworth

Jessica · Married on 04/17/2010

I couldn't have been happier with the level of service I received from everyone at Charlotte Bridal. I went to several bridal shops from Fort Myers to Tampa before coming to Charlotte Bridal and none of them compare. They have a great selection of dresses that are more reasonably priced than any other store around. I got so many compliments on my dress the day of the wedding.

The staff is absolutely wonderful! The seamstress Amy, altered my dress until it was absolutely perfect! I definitely recommend them over any bridal shop in the area!

Sent on 05/06/2010

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Jessica, Thank you so much for the excellent review!!! You were such a pleasure to work with!!! All the girls love your wedding photos, and asked me to wish you the best in your long and happy wedding!!! Amy especially loves the photo of you in the doorway!!! Hugs and kisses from us all at Charlotte Bridal Boutique, come visit,we hope to see you soon!

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2009

I had Charlotte Bridal outfit my entire wedding party and some of our family members. They did a fantastic job. Everyone at the store was so helpful and nice. They are genuinely exicted for you and make sure they do everything they can to help.
    They had 24 other wedding the weekend of my wedding and I never saw them falter. They have a great selection, friendly staff, affordable selections and I would recommend them to anyone.
    They're a family owned business and they've been around for years. It's obvious that they love what they do.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Amanda, Thank you for the excellent review!!! You and your entire wedding party were such fun to work with, we cant wait to see you again soon too!!! All the girls have been asking about wedding photos, we would love to see more! Wishing you a long and very happy marriage!! Stop in and visit soon!!

Rebecca · Married on 05/23/2009

Everything was wonderful at Charlotte Bridal. I was able to buy my dress off the rack and save 20% which was awesome! I also purchased my veil and bridesmaid dresses from them. The bridesmaid's dresses were ordered and everything came on time and looked great! My alterations were also done here by Amy and she was very detail oriented and the bussel looked great! Overall, nothing but great things to say about the service!

Sent on 07/07/2009

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Rebecca, Thank you for the excellent review!! We miss seeing you, stop by when your in the area!! Wishing you lots of love and happiness in your marriage!!! Send wedding pics too!!!

Jackie · Married on 04/18/2009

All of the ladies at Charlotte Bridal were AMAZING! They have an amazing selection and everyone there is willing to go the extra mile for you.

Sent on 06/12/2009

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank you so much for the excellent review!!! Your the best!!!

Melissa · Married on 02/14/2009

I had my dream wedding. It could not have been possible without the love and professionalism of Lynn and her staff. They made me feel like the most important person in the world not to mention like part of the family. Thank you Lynn for making it possible for me to purchase the dress of my dreams. I will most absolutely recommend Charlotte Bridal to anyone and everyone. Getting married is an extremely stressful time in a soon to be brides life and everyone at Charlotte Bridal made it easy with hugs and reassurances. Thank you all so very much.

Sent on 09/24/2010

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Melissa, your the best!!! We loved helping your plan your wedding!! We're just sad you''ve moved so far away!! Please stay in touch and email me baby photos!! Congratulations to a beautiful bride!

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2008

The dresses I found at Charlotte Bridal were designer dresses (not like davids bridal) at very reduced prices. I found my dress online for more than $1,000 I bought it off the rack at Charlotte for about half that! Very small shop but the staff more than makes up for it!

Sent on 10/23/2008

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank You!! You are so sweet!! We are a small shop and do love it when our clients realize they dont need to shop the big cities to get excellent designers at great prices! Stop in and see us again soon, we'd love to see wedding photos! Thank you again, Lynn & all the girls @ Charlotte Bridal Boutique in Port Charlotte, FL .

• Caroline

Caroline · Married on 02/23/2008

I had an out of town wedding and was looking for a certain tux since I was getting married on the beach and not having a formal black and white event. I wanted the boys in khaki colored tux's and not the normal khaki pants and white collared shirts that most beach weddings consist of. Fine for them but not me. I hunted for places that carried the tux and wasn't having much luck. The places here in Atlanta had the tux but didn't want to let us have them for the time that we needed and wanted to charge and arm and a leg(which we all needed for my pictures)if we needed them for longer then a weekend. Which we did because my wedding party was staying over the whole weekend and then some. I found Charlotte Bridal and talked to Ted he recommended that I get the boys measured here professionally and then fax the measurements down to him and he would call me, ok them and then he would place the order. Easy in theory I know, executed not so easily. They were measured and I faxed the measurements. He called and said right away there was a problem with the height vs. size ratio. Ted then asked if all the groomsmen and groom were fat. He said the sizes that were taken were for tall and very large waisted guys. Which neither my husband to be nor his groomsmen were. Poor Ted, I think had he known how much trouble it was going to be before he agreed to help me fix it, he would have lit the phone on fire and ran out of his shop door screaming this woman is nuts!! I had him on one line and was calling all the guys asking for their pants sizes and heights and how much they weighed on a "fat day". I had him in one ear and the guys in the other. Some picked up others had to return the messages of panic that I left. My husband telling me approx H/W and pants sizes of the ones that didn't call. It was a mess and the whole time Ted stayed calm and patient and said he would take care of everything. I was being picky on the tie colors and Ted took his time to send pictures of the colors and explain what they would look like in the sun verses the shade(I opt'd out of the tie and just had them leave the top button undone). So it comes time to pick up the tux's Ted of course remembers me. He gives me a full weeks weather report and even has a spare Tux just in case a jacket or pant didn't fit they could alter the spare quickly. Needless to say the tux's fit everyone perfectly the sizes were on the spot and no one had even a shirt sleeve to short or a belt that was to tight. They fell all over themselves to make my day as special as I wanted it to be. They treated us like we were the only ones in the state of Florida that was getting married that weekend. The tux's were $99.11 each and we were able to take advantage of a discount that was being offered at the time. Would Highly Recommend Them!!

Sent on 08/05/2008

Charlotte Bridal Boutique & Formalwear's reply:

Thank you so much for the excellent review!!! Wow!!! I am so glad you had the wedding of your dreams, and everything turned out beautiful!!! Stop in and visit when your in the area, send wedding photos if you can!!!Lynn, Ted and the gang!!