Charlie Shin Storyteller Reviews

Charlie Shin Storyteller 1
Charlie Shin Storyteller 2
  • Alice

Alice · Married on 09/12/2015

We were extremely happy with Charlie and his team. There really is no one to compare him to in the DMV area. We opted for the all inclusive package with the engagement session and 3 albums, worth every penny!

The day after our engagement shoot we had edited photos! Very fast AND well done. We had ~1400 photos of our wedding only 2 days after it happened!!! Our parents loved the wedding albums. :)

Charlie and Jay were very accommodating with our out of the box wedding timeline. They took some creative shots we can't wait to hang on our wall. The best part was that they caught those special moments throughout the day without you even realising they were there.

We'd highly recommend Charlie Shin Photography!

Sent on 05/19/2016

I want to give more stars to Charlie Shin Storyteller. I was more than impressed with their professionalism. I also love their stunning work. Charlie and his team captured the day like I wanted. They responded to all my concerns immediately. I love the ideas they came up with and the pictures turned out beautiful. Charlie also was helpful in finding other vendors such as DJ and Florist. Overall, we were blown away by the value we got for our money. Thank you again.

Sent on 12/28/2015

My wife and I were very impressed with Charlie and J. They did cover the photography and photobooth services for our wedding. Charlie was professional throughout the whole process.. charlie was flexible with tailoring the photography coverage that best suited what I needed. On the wedding day, charlie and his team were fantastic. We got all of the shots that we wanted. After three days of wedding, we got all the pictures on the DVD. The pictures themselves are absolutely stunning. I already recommended Charlie to my friend.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Sharmin · Married on 06/05/2015

Charlie truly did create a story out of our wedding day. He was very flexible in us fusing our two cultures together, combining persian with south asian. For his price, the package deal included so much, and turned out so beautiful! Even the video highlights were breath taking. He is very good at adapting to diversity to make cultures blossom and that was the most important thing to me at our wedding. I would recommend him any day!

Sent on 12/24/2015

Charlie Shin Storyteller is absolutely right choice!. Charlie and His team was great to work with, very professional and talented.
    He definitely captured the precious moments of our wedding day. We have received many comments on how great our wedding photos looked from our family and friend. Charlie's work is not something of the normal. He adds a little more edge to his work resulting in high-quality photos. I would highly recommend anyone to Charlie and Jay.
    Best wishes to you and your team!

Sent on 09/29/2015
  • User5171989 · 2+ years ago

Recommend CSS for your big day.
    I had a wedding in Macau. I met Charlie through wedding planner in Korea. Little Pricy but I love his style and ability to capture right moments.

Sent on 06/13/2015

From our first meeting, I felt so comfortable with Charlie, that is very important in a wedding photographer. Charlie took our engagement session and we had a such a good time. He was trying to know about our personality. All photos were breathtaking. We had so many compliments from family and friends. There are seriously 2,500 perfect images, I like pretty much every single image.
    On wedding day, Charlie and Monica were so much fun to work with! The entire wedding party had a great time with them. When we saw the pictures from the wedding they were incredible!
    My husband and I are so happy we decided to hire Charlie, it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Nicholas · Married on 12/27/2014

Charlie is the top wedding photographer in the United States and I would recommend him to any couple that wants memorable amazing photos.

Sent on 02/17/2015

We absolutely love Charlie’s photos! When we first met Charlie at a local bridal fair, we fell in love with his artistic way to capture the moments, as well as the photo album he creates. He offered a comprehensive package for our wedding and executed each with the detail and care we appreciated. He is responsive and also accommodating to our wish. For example, we really wanted our engagement photos to be taken during the cherry blossom week and he was very amenable to our scheduling change when the day of our engagement photo session rained. The engagement pictures turned out fantastic, and he and his assistant certainly did not disappoint us on our wedding day! They were pleasant to work with, really worked hard throughout the wedding to capture every detail, and took amazing and beautiful photos of us, our family, and friends. We can’t wait to see how the photo albums will turn out! The guests also loved the photobooth we got through him – we only wish we added a service so that the guests can e-mail the digital copy to themselves. Overall, we are extremely happy with his service and will recommend without hesitation!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2014

I first used Charlie as a vendor with my work in DC and loved him from day one. If you are fortuante enough to work with his partner Monica as well, the two of them together are the DREAM TEAM.
    They went above and beyond producing over 1500 photos on the wedding day. Charlie is like a ninja - he is EVERYWHERE. I had so many comments from my family members how he was the best photographer they have ever seen.
    There is no need to give Charlie a shot list - I promise you he has the best eye and will blow you away with what he produces. I didn't know it was me in some of the shots - besides the fact that I was the bride!
    I couldn't say nicer things about Charlie and his team; he is personable,approchable, responsive, hilarious and willing do work with you on anything. I loved working with them on my wedding day and engagement pictures and will continue to use his company as a photographer for my work as well. I promise, you will NOT be disappointed- he is worth every penny and more.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Lawrence · Married on 08/02/2014

AMAZING PHOTOS! Charlie really has an eye fro photography. Our Engagement and Wedding photos will have folks in awe...

Sent on 08/19/2014

Violeta · Married on 07/19/2014

Charlie Shin Photography completely captured every aspect of the wedding I could possibly ask for, from photo journalism to posed pictures, candids, and we are sooo glad we added on the Photobooth package. The professionalism from Charlie Shin himself along with his associates were on point! Not only did we get all the digital prints to all of the pictures taken for our engagement and wedding, we also got all of the photobooth pictures! People are still talking about how much fun the photobooth was. Everything was more than I could ask for. We are very happy with the services we received!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Eunice · Married on 05/24/2014

First of all, he did an awesome job for our engagement photos. I was absolutely satisfied with his work! Photos he took were very unique and creative that all of my friends were asking where we got it done. Taking photos all day can be exhausting but he made it so much fun and exciting. I must say he is definitely good at what he does, and he's got great personality that you will surely become friends with him by the end of the day. I highly recommend him for any special occasion photos! You won't regret choosing him ;)

Sent on 07/17/2014

S · Married on 04/24/2014

If you are planning a wedding, pick Charlie. At first we had a few vendors who had similar packages and offers. But, after meeting Charlie and seeing his work first hand, I had no doubt in my mind Charlie was the one. Since we signed the contract, Charlie took the time to listen, go through any instructions or material I had given, and met with me whenever I needed him to. On the wedding day, Charlie was there on time and was ready. He had studied the must have and nice to have shots. He worked with us patiently. He worked the whole night tirelessly with his team. They didn’t complain a bit even though we were running late. After the wedding, with a week he posted >1200 amazing pictures. And he listen to me on all of the questions and concerns I have. As a bride, I would recommend Charlie to any bride, not just for the quality of the pictures, but also for his hard work, dedication, and professionalism. His service and outcome is second to none!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Christina · Married on 04/19/2014

Working with Charlie was better than I ever expected. My husband and I knew how talented he was just by looking at his other work but he definitely blew my expectations out of the water. He is the master of lighting and lives up to his nickname as the "storyteller". Looking at our wedding photos brings me back to that exact moment during our very special day. Thank you Charlie and to your lovely assistant for shooting on our wedding day.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Amazing work. Charlie and his team did an exceptional job photographing our wedding day. I'm so thankful that I have stunning pictures to cherish forever of our big day. The most amazing aspect of his work was their ability to capture our emotion. Every moment of the day becomes real for us all over again.
    Charlie knows exactly what he is doing and gets it done. The quality and creativity of the picture was superior.
    I would recommend Charlie to anyone! Charlie is wonderful!

Sent on 01/31/2015
  • Happyscottsdalewife

Jeen · Married on 11/17/2013

Charlie and his team did such a wonderful job with our wedding pictures! Charlie photographed our friend's wedding and my brothers's wedding so we already knew that he would do a great job. He was always professional and was not only a photographer but also entertainer. He was so fun at the reception. Our pictures turned out great. We have never had such wonderful pictures taken of us. He captured the most important day for us better than we could have imagined. Charlie went far above our expectations. After my wedding, one of my friend booked him for their wedding in Chicago.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Photography was the most important part of my wedding . We found CSP after emailing a lot of photographers and videographers. After our first meeting, I knew he has to be my photographer. I booked his team right away. He is really sweet, always smiling and took the most beautiful photos of my wedding. CSP made us comfortable, laugh and took gorgeous photos. All my family and friends commented on how beautifully Charlie and his team captured our wedding. If you are looking for a really talented, friendly photographer,I highly recommend CSP. Love!

Sent on 12/24/2012

betty · Married on 10/20/2012

One of my good friends had used Charlie for her wedding 2 years ago, so I was familiar with his work. He puts together a memorable photo album & is very creative with the poses & pictures that he takes. I will absolutely use him in the future & would highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Charlie was very responsive to questions. My daughter had specific pictures she wanted and the photographer was able to take them all. In fact, he was so unobtrusive that we didn't really even notice him, which is what you want in a wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Lane · Married on 05/03/2012

We worked with Charlie on our annual event and it was absolutely fantastic. He had a fast turnaround time for the photographs and was wonderful to work with - he got back to us quickly, was on time for meetings, showed up to each event on time and didn't leave until the end of the night. His photos turned out beautifully and we couldn't be happier. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience (as it should be!).

Sent on 05/24/2012

Liz · Married on 03/03/2012

Charlie Shin Photography is the best in the business. I am a Catering Manager and have seen my fair share of photographers (and teams) but Charlie Shin Photography went above and beyond our expectations. The quality work is exceptional and all the images from our Wedding and Photo sessions made our special day just perfect. Most brides and grooms have the issue of picking a few images that they love, but for us, we had the difficulty of trying to narrow down what we did not like. Charlie and his team are definitely dedicated, hard working, and have a keen eye to see the perfect picture. Thank you Charlie, Nick, and to the rest of the team for such a memorable experience. We promise to come back when we have children!!

Sent on 03/19/2012

Soonmi · Married on 03/03/2012

I had a wedding in Jeju island in Korea. My friend in New York gave Charlie Shin photography information. After many conversation, I decided to go with him.
    Love his photography style. Love it!

Sent on 12/28/2012

Linda · Married on 02/11/2012

Charlie was fantastic! We had a blast with him, he wasn't just telling us what to do but interacting with us as well! It was like we all had known him for years. All of our pictures came out beautifully and were very quick! I would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 12/27/2012

LaTonya · Married on 10/28/2011

I got married on 10/28/11. Today is 1/16/12 and I have yet to choose from the pictures that were taken by Charlie Shin and his team. The photos are so good that we are having a hard time choosing 130 images for our wedding album. We gave Charlie and his team full creative control of our wedding photos. We simply did not put him in a box and make him take photos based on a pre-determined list of shots. And because of this, the photos turned out fantastic. Charlie and his team were creative and a joy to work with. My family still remembers the funny photographers. The first thing anyone who views our photos want to know is, "Who is the photographer?" We will always use Charlie Shin and his team for our photos. He is truly a five star photographer!

Sent on 01/16/2012