Charlie Roberts DJ & Live Musician Reviews

87 | Pensacola, FL

87 Reviews for Charlie Roberts DJ & Live Musician

Kathy · Married on 06/10/2008

Charlie actually lives in Pensacola Fl,but will drive to your event at no charge & we got many compliments on our DJ& ,he also play guitar & other instruments

Sent on 04/21/2009
  • Kristen & Kyle

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2014

Thank you so much Charlie!! You did an amazing job playing the acoustic guitar and being the DJ for our wedding! Thanks for being so friendly, helpful, and accommodating!! We are so happy we chose you! You really brought the life to our party! Thank you!! :)

Sent on 10/25/2014

Charlie was wonderful at our reception. He was professional, punctual, and made our night perfect.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Donald · Married on 10/05/2012

First.....it feels a little uneasy doing everything online.... believe me, my wife and i went back and forth about it. BUT!!!!! Charlie was always responsive (within 24hrs) and helpful when needed. The online tools were actually very cool and easy to use, and actually helped with planning. On our wedding day charlie was one of the first vendors on site and he kept the party going. He did an awesome job and i would reccomend him to anyone

Sent on 10/13/2012

Charlie Roberts DJ & Live Musician's reply:

Donald, thank you for the review and candor. Handling all of the ceremony and reception planning online can be a leap of faith for some and I appreciate you honoring me with your trust. You and your fiance did a great job, by the way, which made my job SO much easier.

Andrew · Married on 09/22/2012

Nothing but great things to say. Would def. recommend him for a wedding reception

Sent on 10/22/2012

Kasey · Married on 10/27/2017

We used DJ Charlie for our wedding and he did a great job. He has a very interactive website that allows you to request songs, when you want them played and a detailed timeline of your event. All our guests had a great time on the dance floor!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Sarah · Married on 12/20/2014

Charlie did a wonderful job as our DJ and ceremony music! His website made everything easy to select especially when we only had a few weeks by the time we finalized everything! His flexibility to play the guitar and do vocals is outstanding and he kept the crowd in the right mood from cocktails, dinner, to dancing tip the end! Outstanding value as well!!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Kristen · Married on 09/01/2012

Charlie was wonderful! He made our wedding more special than I could have imagined! I couldn't believe that he actually played and sung "Crazy Love" as I walked down the beach to my groom. It was perfect and as his music played, the moment lasted. I am so grateful that we found him and I will always remember the wedding as the happiest day of my life. Thank you Charlie!!

Sent on 10/10/2012

3.5

Amazing DJ service, just wish he was a little bit friendlier sometimes. He tended to our every request! :-)

Sent on 10/22/2012

Charlie Roberts DJ & Live Musician's reply:

Thanks for the "Amazing" part, Anonymous; I don't know who you are or what wedding it was, but please accept my sincere apologies for not being as friendly as you wished. I'm a real outgoing and happy person who loves entertaining for weddings. I'm sorry I failed in letting that shine through 100%.

Rachel · Married on 10/23/2011

Charlie did a really good job! And he was very reasonable for a bride on a budget.

Sent on 10/31/2011

I was generally pleased with Charlie's services. He was easy to book and was willing to move locations mid-reception without additional charge (noise ordinance, curse you!). He was definitely reasonably priced and I was also able to a few days before the wedding add an additional hour on. He played guitar for the ceremony (which he did excellently, it was on the beach but you could still hear him) and then DJ'd the rest of the evening. You are able to choose songs to play and songs to not play. This is one of the things that upset me a little though. I love Spanish -style dancing and have been doing it for years. For the wedding, I helped my husband learn how to dance as well and we were going to have a few special dances during the reception. I had picked out several salsa and merengue songs and put them on the play list. Unless he played them during the cocktail hour (which is when I was taking pictures) these songs were not played. Besides this little issue and the fact that he whipped out a cigar mid-reception, the evening went well. Everyone told me afterwards that they had so much fun dancing. The song flow was definitely well done and the dancing didn't stop!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Charlie Roberts DJ & Live Musician's reply:

I'm sincerely apologetic that the bride wasn't 100% pleased with my services. I moved my system 5 times for the event and bent over backwards to overcome a venue that double booked their room, put their reception on the actual beach on the Gulf, moved the ceremony 3 times, then made us all move inside to the 3rd floor midway thru the reception because the reception was booked until 12 am (10 pm beach noise ord).

Addressing the two areas of dissatisfaction, all 75 reception songs on the request list were played during the two receptions, including the two Latin numbers. I clear each number when I play a song just to be sure. Whether the bridal couple was there for the particular songs I can't say. I never recall being instructed to play those songs "specifically" for the bridal couple, though there is a notation area next to each song to leave such requests. Many of my weddings are bi-cultural and it is not uncommon to have Latin requests mixed in for general dancing. I am truly sorry she missed the chance to dance to them.

The cigar was given to me by the Groomsmen. I'm sorry that it offended her. It's a male tradition at many receptions. I was not DJing at the time and it was never lit. Had I known, I would have declined her husband's offer to join in. Mid Reception, btw, was when we were tearing the beachfront reception down to relocate it upstairs in the building.
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/22/2011

3.5

I was pleased with the overall outcome of my ceremony and reception music...the music was good and everyone danced their butts off at the reception! I did have one situation where I wanted to have a good friend sing at my ceremony but the DJ was a little apprehensive in making this happen for me. He wanted her music track by a certain time frame before the wedding but never told me beforehand and was not pleasant when approached the idea of having my friend sing at the ceremony....which to his credit was a last minute thing(just a few weeks before the wedding). I was then forced to have my friend sing at the reception, which was not what I wanted because it would have meant more to me for her to sing at the ceremony. At the time I just felt like he should have made whatever needed to happen happen to make my husband and I happy. Overall, I think the DJ did a good job but wish he would have been more accomodating to our wants and wishes even if it was last minute.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Charlie Roberts DJ & Live Musician's reply:

I don't know what this bride was thinking when she wrote this, but I was hired and performed as a live guitarist for the ceremony taking place in an open field, not as a DJ. I have archived emails received three weeks before hand confirming her asking if I would consider playing a backing track for her ceremony vocalist. I told her "Sure"; she had to either get the song to me as an mp3 or on a CD. There was no time limit given. I certainly wasn't reluctant or apprehensive as I GLADLY PERFORM THIS SERVICE FREELY FOR ANY BRIDE WHO ASKS and have done so dozens of times over the years. I have a battery powered mp3 console I use for beach ceremonies and any venues without AC power that travels with me to EVERY wedding ceremony. As an extra courtesy, I even sent her the link for a backing track website I use when brides have trouble finding their tracks. However, after receiving my positive reply, she never followed up with any further requests for this ceremony service.

My Duo was hired to perform at the reception. I offer the DJ package as standard add on for the breaks in the live sets so the entertainment is non-stop. One week out, I received her planning form showing the vocalist now scheduled to sing the song during the reception. I followed up with the same info: make sure I have the backing track in mp3 or CD with enough time before the performance so I could load it and test it before hand. The vocalist provided the CD at the reception prior to the performance as asked; I burned it to MP3, tested it and the performance went off without a hitch.

At no time during the three weeks did I ever receive an email/phone call discussing the option for the ceremony performance further, nor was it ever brought up in our planning conversation just prior to the wedding day. I have no clue as to why the bride changed her mind to have the song performed for the reception instead of the ceremony - let alone evidently blaming me in her mind, but I was never further involved at all in the discussion and decision making. Further, my process for the reception performance was EXACTLY the same as what it would have been for the ceremony, so her excuse about alleged reluctance makes no sense at all to me. I ended up doing precisely the same amount of work; just at a different time. Again, I provide this service freely and cheerfully for ANY BRIDE WHO ASKS.

We played extra time after the bridal couple left; the guests stayed and partied as the bride described and if she had only taken the time she took to write this negative comment and directed her feelings to me three weeks before the wedding when she originally inquired, I wouldn't be spending my time with this rebuttal. The moral of this story is to never assume; This is YOUR WEDDING; if it is important enough to complain about later, please take the time to make your feelings known before hand so any misunderstandings by either party can be corrected to everyone's satisfaction.