Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship Reviews

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 7
  • Laura

Laura K. Taylor · Getting married on 03/21/2020

So energizing!

After meeting with Mike we knew that he would bring everything we needed to the table and more. Super responsive, incredibly energetic and excited for us and about us!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hi Laura, What a pleasure its been getting to know and work with you throughout our planning journey together.

Louise Limentani · Married on 10/06/2019

Worth it! Wedding went smoothly in spite of a little pop up showet

Michael is very personable and fun to work with. Most importantly he knows how to ensure a perfect wedding. He is detail oriented and knows how to keep things moving. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hi Louise and John, What an honor it was working with y'all throughout the planning journey! Seeing you married on the big day made my heart sing!! Happy Beginnings, Mike

Lea Bergman · Married on 10/05/2019

Outstanding day

From the moment we arrived to the venue until the last guest left, Mike took care of every detail allowing us to enjoy every moment. It was most certainly a stress free, beautiful day. All the guests commented it was the best wedding ever! Thank you Mike

Sent on 10/09/2019
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 8
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 9
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 10

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

How lovely to hear from you Lea! It was such a pleasure working with the couple and their families!
    Happy Beginnings

Austin Fraile · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing experience!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mike! He was the perfect person to plan our wedding. From our first meeting, he made us feel totally at ease and understood the vision that I had for our wedding. He was so kind and genuine and truly cared about making our day perfect. He was constantly in contact with the vendors, ensuring every detail was perfect for our day. As a night shift nurse, I have very little day time to spare. Mike was always understanding and my made the planning process easy and effortless. Our day was more beautiful that I could have imagined, and mike kept the night running so smoothly. I don’t know what I would have done without him! Every vendor that I chose was incredible- and all his recommendations. He always responded to my millions of questions within minutes to hours. He will definitely be a lifelong friend and I am so happy we chose him to plan our wedding. 5 stars for Mike, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/07/2019
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 11

Hi Austin and Armando
    What a joy and honor it was working with y'all! Your memorable wedding day will be forever etched in our hearts
    XO
  • Victoria

Victoria Kelley · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Day Ever!

Mike was fantastic! Kept us on track for our destination wedding in Charleston! It was extremely stressful to worry about planning a wedding from so far away. But not with Mike- he kept us on track and helped pick great vendors. He kept me laughing and kept the process fun. And let me tell you- there are no words to explain how much you NEED Mike on your wedding day- I didn’t have to lift a finger or worry about a thing. If anything went wrong- I have NO clue. It really was my dream wedding. I basically got to show up and enjoy the day- there wasn’t a moment I didn’t have a drink in my hand or food in front of me when I wanted it. Anything I needed and Mike and his amazing assistant, Laura were right there. Highly, highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 12
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 13
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 14

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hi Tori, It truly was the best day ever! What a pleasure working side by side throughout the planning process and seeing y'all get married on your wedding day made my heart sing!
  • Heather

Heather Roe · Married on 07/17/2019

You need a wedding planner

The planners at Charleston wedding planner (most Mike) are insanely easy to work with and want to make your day perfect for you! Mike is super cool and easy to talk to which is sooooo important when you are planning your wedding. It is such a crazy process, but they are sooo so helpful. I didn’t think I needed a full time wedding planner but I couldn’t imagine doing this day without them. He was the perfect contact for me and all of the vendors. The day of, everything was taken care of perfectly and Mike and his crew were incredible!! My husband and I ate all of the food and had the most romantic day together!! Mike made sure we were happy (brought us all the drinks and food we could stuff in our mouths) every second of our wedding. We even changed some things during the reception (on the fly) and they were so understanding. I can’t thank them enough for making our night a DREAM!!!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 15
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 16

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

What a dream wedding for sure Heather! It was both an honor and pleasure working with you to assure all your needs and vision were met. Big Hugs to you and Chuck! All The Best, Mike

Nicki Esposito · Married on 06/28/2019

Wallace Wedding

Mike was an absolute pleasure to work with as I helped plan my son's destination wedding in Charleston. His recommendations were perfect and timely and he kept us all on track during the whole process. I would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Hi there Nicki
    We had the loveliest of times working with y'all and we wish everyone Happy Beginnings! All the best, Mike
  • Apsley

Apsley · Married on 06/22/2019

Thanks Mike!!

I think working with Mike was the best decision we made for our wedding. From a personal perspective, he is kind and easy to get along with. He truly cares about all of his clients. We enjoyed working with him because he made the process more fun (and a lot less stressful).
    Professionally, he's one of the best in the business. He knows Charleston well and has a relationship with every good vendor in the area. He knows who to recommend based on exactly what you are asking for, but will always make sure that you are the priority. He's got a great creative eye when you need help with design details. Regardless of your budget, he is straightforward and honest about what's feasible for you. He is always available and quick to respond.
    Our vendors were phenomenal and all recommended by Mike.
    We could not have asked for a better friend to help us on such an important day and are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with him for the last year! We will be forever grateful for him and all his support!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Apsley and Alex, We are still overjoyed and on Cloud 9 after your wedding celebration. What a pleasure it's been working with such a genuine and loving couple such as yourselves!
    XO, Mike

Juliana Mclellan · Married on 05/31/2019

This is the guy to hire

What do you do when your daughter’s wedding day almost gets ruined, thanks to mother nature? You are thankful you hired the right vendors. On Friday, May 31, 2019 my daughter was to be married at Lowndes Grove Plantation @ 5:30 P.M. At 5:15 everything was ready and more beautiful than we ever imagined. Loluma had outdone themselves. In comes mother nature, not just rain and wind, but a microburst or a squall. The ceremony area was destroyed, one tent ripped away and wrapped in a tree, the main tent partially collapsed. There was broken glass, toppled furniture and ruined linens. I was stunned, and for a few moments unsure of what we were going to do and where. But with our wedding planner, Michael Winship at the helm, the vendors I hired, ever the band Charleston Groove Factory, joined forces and went into action and in an hour turned the nightmare back into a dream. Great Food, Great Music, and the guests all enjoyed themselves. I will be forever grateful. These are the guys you want to hire for your big day. I am blessed and thankful that we did. They went above and beyond to turn what could have been something horrible into something terrific. My thanks and gratitude go to
    Michael Winship, Charleston Wedding Planner, Lowndes Grove Plantation (Patrick Properties), Loluma (Distinctive Events), Bille Jo and Jeremy Photography, EventHaus Rentals, Snyder Events, Palmetto Strings, All-Mist outdoor Cooling and Ben Fagan and the Charleston Groove Factory.
    With overwhelming gratitude, Mother of the Bride.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hello my dear, Yes what a whirlwind of a day, literally! We are blessed and thankful how all pitched in to assure Katie and Sam's comfort and happiness. This is certainly one for the record books and we wish y'all much love and happy beginnings!

Katie Faulkenberry · Married on 05/31/2019

Michael is the best of the best!

It will be hard to explain in a review just how much finding Michael meant to us. The moment I first spoke to Michael I knew we had hit the jackpot. He made the entire process from beginning to end and everything in-between absolutely perfect. On our wedding day a microburst full of high winds and rain decided to show up 30 minutes before the ceremony. Tents were flipped upside-down, chairs were all over the lawn...it was close to being a complete disaster. But let me tell you, even though mother nature had different plans for our day, it had no match for Michael and his team. They fixed something that looked to be unfixable and our day was even more magical ,intimate and beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I will forever be grateful for finding Michael , getting to work with him and having amazing memories to enjoy for a lifetime.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hey Katie, Our hearts are full of love for you and Sam! Y’all were such a joy to work with and I’m so happy you had “The Best Day Ever” Happy Beginnings, XO, Mike
  • Andrew

Andrew Bergman · Married on 05/10/2019

An Unbelievable Experience Due to Mike

Mike made our dream wedding come true! From the planning process through day-of, Mike kept us organized and stress-free. We'd highly suggest using THE Charleston Wedding Planner to make your day extra special!

Mike kept the stress levels down by always being open for conversation, keeping us organized with timelines and checklists, suggesting vendors, and leading us to decisions when we weren't be decisive.

For the day of, Mike had the itinerary and playbook prepared and was onsite from the earliest possible moment to ensure everything was set up the way we wanted. He was great with handling the nerves and myriad of questions coming from the mothers. He also officiated our wedding and did an amazing job.

All in all, our wedding was an unbelievable experience and Mike was the reason it all came together.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Christy Cadigan · Married on 04/27/2019

Michael is amazing!

My daughter's wedding was such a wonderful and beautiful event! We are so grateful to Michael. He was amazing throughout the entire planning process right through the wedding day and reception. He had so many wonderful ideas and the vendors he connected us with were all top notch. He would respond immediately to all of our many questions and requests. He kept us all calm, organized, informed and happy, throughout. His is so friendly, upbeat, positive and composed. We feel so fortunate that we found him. He handled everything and everyone so well. Honestly, the wedding was perfect in every way. It was truly magical.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 04/20/2019

Thank you Mike!!!

We live in NY but got married in CHS and I was very nervous about how things would turn out. 200 people! Yikes! It turned out to be the most incredible weekend I could ever imagine, thanks to Mike Winship. I was definitely not an easy bride; wanted a lot of weird things and was very indecisive and picky, and Mike rolled with every punch. When it came to the day of, I didn’t have to think about anything. Mike took care of it all, even going the extra mile to bring all my bridespeople’s stuff back to our beach house at the end of the night. He is a total doll, a total blast, a force to be reckoned with. He knows everybody and gets stuff done. We love ya, Mike!

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 17

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hilary and Rob, I miss you ! What a blast we had working together, bringing your vision to life! Much Love and Happy Beginnings, Mike
  • Abbey

Abbey · Married on 03/30/2019

Great planner

Mike was a very high energy planner and whatever vision I had he was ready to tackle. His main form of communication was email in the main months of wedding planning and phone calls and texts the couple weeks before. He is very quick to respond to emails. The vendors he recommended were very reliable and high quality. His price was a fixed number and very much worth every penny. He will communicate with you as much as you like or as little as you like, which is nice as a working bride. Communication is important to have with him if you are having trouble with something. Where Mike truly shines is on the day of your wedding. He brought two assistants and the day went flawlessly. I told him exactly what I wanted and he made it happen. I chose my own photographer instead of the one he recommended, and when we were unsure if they were going to make it, Mike had another photographer on standby within minutes. We didn’t end up having to go that route, but just knowing that he is well known and liked in the community and knows many vendors is comforting. I would recommend Mike as a planner.

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Aly

Aly Charles · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazingly Wonderful

My husband and I got married on Saturday. March 23, 2019. We had the pleasure of working with Michael for a little over a year to plan our wedding. He is a dream... Such a fun, caring and hard working man. He has the perfect balance of making it easy while also telling people/vendors to get it together if they aren’t doing what they are supposed to. I couldn’t imagine our day being any better and we owe that to Michael. It’s special when you have a wedding planner that has now become a friend. Thank you again Michael, you’re the best and we love you!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Hey there Aly and Justin
    We are over the moon with heartfelt gratitude and thanks to have had the opportunity and pleasure of meeting and working with you. You make all we do worthwhile and we are forever grateful!
    Can't wait to see the pics! Much Love ,Mike

Leigh H. · Married on 02/09/2019

The Ultimate Wedding Planner!

Michael Winship was on top of details at all times during the planning year. He kept me on track when I swayed and he never wavered from the wedding focus. He represents the utmost in professionalism.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Thanks so much Leigh. What an absolute pleasure it was to work with you and Emmy throughout the planning journey!
    Happy Beginnings!

Janet Price · Married on 11/25/2018

Wedding planner michael winship

An absolute Perfect Wedding, from the beginning my son, daughter-n-law and I felt a connection with Mike. He knows Charleston, has so many great connections with the vendors, all of whom were exceptional. Being from New York, this was a destination wedding and not being familiar with Charleston, he guided us to the most experienced people. Could not have been happier with the venue, Boone Hall Plantation; the caterer, the baker, the florist, the lighting and everyone else involved. An incredible day thanks to Michael Winship.

Sent on 12/25/2018
  • Susan

Susan Lewis · Married on 11/16/2018

Best in the biz

We got married in November of 2018 and could not have been happier with Mike. He has a wonderful network of established vendors that made our day flawless. He was always extremely positive and very focused on making sure We got exactly what we wanted. From the perfect venue, a non-typical weddding cake and even our Chik-Fil-A and Krispy Kreme send off treats. Everyone is still raving about our special night. Charleston Wedding Planner is the best!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Thanks so much Susan! We loved working with you and Ian throughout the entire wedding planning journey!
    Happy Beginnings Lovebirds!!

Paula Freedman · Married on 11/11/2018

Super helpful and enthusiastic planner!

Mike is fantastic. He kept us sane throughout the planning process, connected us with several awesome vendors, and made sure our wedding went off without a hitch. He's also hilarious and has a great energy! It's obvious he's passionate about what he's doing and he was truly invested in making our wedding special and tailored to our preferences. We'll be forever grateful to Mike for helping create such happy memories of the best day of our lives!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hey there Paula, How lovely of you to share your thoughts. Wishing you and Jeremy all the best and Happy Beginnings!!

Kellen · Married on 11/01/2018

A planner who cares!

Mikes emotion and experience together makes a wedding planner who can easily work with couples to create their perfect wedding. He makes the planning experience easy and takes the stress off the couple. He attends all meetings/tastings and genuinely gets excited about it all! Highly recommend :-)

Sent on 11/01/2018

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Thanks so much Kellen, Big Hugs and Kisses going out to you and Megan! Working with y'all has been the loveliest experience and we wish you you all the love with Happy Beginnings!
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn Totty · Married on 09/21/2018

Best Wedding Planner in Charleston

I knew from the first conversation with Mike that this was going to be a great experience. My husband and I aren't from Charleston and so it was important for us to have someone that knew the area and who had great connections. Mike is easy going and professional. He has amazing connections with the best vendors in Charleston - that alone was worth every penny!! We were married the weekend after Hurricane Florence - so naturally we were worried about what may transpire and if it would affect our wedding. Mike was great at communicating the conditions during and after and even sent a few videos to help ease our minds! The day of the wedding, everything was perfect (luckily Florence didn't hit Charleston and we had a great day)! We had one little snafu (which is a given in any wedding) and Mike and Sarah were on top of it and helped resolve it immediately! I couldn't have asked for anything better. Everything else ran smoothly and he was great at making sure the 'flow' was right, which made the night great. The caterer, the band, the furniture and florals, the hair and make up - all were flawless and I attribute most of that to Mike and his relationships with them. I honestly couldn't ask for more in a wedding planner! And at the end of the day, I am glad that I can also call him my friend as well!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hi Jocelyn, it was an honor and pleasure to work with you and Scott.
    The wedding was amazing and we loved meeting your family and friends.

Taylor · Married on 06/30/2018

Probably the most responsive person ever, especially at the break of dawn! :) Mike is wonderful and definitely the kind of wedding planner you want and need to take care of all of those specials details on the most important day of your life!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Hey there Taylor and Drew. Working with such quality couples such as y'all makes all we do worthwhile! Your family and guests were such a pleasure to meet and we're so appreciative for everything!

Shari · Married on 04/28/2018

Michael Winship, Charleston Wedding Planner was STELLAR. From start to finish, he dealt with long-distance couple, 185 guests from Iceland to California, a non-traditional location, several languages spoken, and demanding moms who know the production business... Everything was beautiful, professional, and under budget, not to mention it all went off ON TIME. Guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever attended - WOW!

Sent on 05/04/2018
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 18
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 19
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 20
    Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship 21

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Big Hugs and Kisses going out to all Shari. WOW, what an amazing celebration of love and we truly had the best time working with y'all.
    XOXO, Mike

Melissa · Married on 04/27/2018

The Charleston Wedding Planner, Mike Winship, is amazing. Planning a long distance wedding in only 6 months can be an overwhelming task. The smartest move we made was to hire Mike. His fun, easy going personality will put anyone at ease and I adored him immediately. He made the planning a breeze by sending me only the best list of vendors to choose from, made sure to keep the budget in check, stuck to a smooth planning timeline, and was there to answer any and all of my questions immediately. My wedding day couldn’t have been better and I am still getting compliments from guests on how wonderfully Mike and his team ran the day. He made sure my new husband and I actually ate at the reception, kept the wedding day timeline perfectly, and made sure I had absolutely nothing to think about except looking beautiful, marrying my best friend, and having fun. I highly recommend Mike when planning a Charleston wedding - he is worth his weight in gold!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Charleston Wedding Planner by Mike Winship's reply:

Let's do it again! Memories of your wedding day are with us and we loved your celebration from beginning to end. The Photos were over the top gorgeous and have left us with perma grins!
    Happy Beginnings

Jamie · Married on 04/27/2018

Planning a wedding is stressful enough as is, but when you are 400 miles away, it takes it to whole new level. Michael Winship, The Charleston Wedding Planner, alleviated that stress for my wife and I. He executed every detail flawlessly. What could have been a very stressful day ended up being absolutely perfect and the best day of my life. I would highly recommend The Charleston Wedding Planner - it will be the best investment you make.

Sent on 05/28/2018