Charleston Uplighting, LLC Reviews

93 | North Charleston, SC

93 Reviews for Charleston Uplighting, LLC

Charleston Uplighting, LLC 1
Charleston Uplighting, LLC 2

The uplighting made our reception room look amazing. They were easy to work with and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Ashley · Married on 04/18/2015

Tonia and the team at Charleston Uplighting were absolutely fabulous to work with. They were so flexible and made me feel so comfortable that they would manage my wedding lighting design. I don't know much about event design and lighting- and Tonia ensured I would be taken care of. Charleston uplighting understood my wants and vision - and their creativity and professionalism truly showed.

The biggest thing that set them apart from other vendors is that they truly worked with my budget. When we were discussing what packages were available- I know she ensured staying in my budget with the maximum offering they could provide.

It really was like working with friends- I will DEFINITELY use them in the future and have already told anyone that would listen how amazing they are to work with!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Amy · Married on 02/28/2015

We used Charleston Uplighting for tent chandeliers and uplighting for our wedding at the William Aiken House. We reached out to them less than a month out after struggling to find other local lighting options that fit what we were willing to spend, Tonia was a pleasure to work with and provided options that fit our budget and made the property look great.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Great to work with! Very accommodating, lights looked beautiful!! They were one of my favorite parts!

Sent on 02/26/2015

Colleen · Married on 01/17/2015

Tonia is AMAZING! Upon booking Charleston Uplighting, Tonia asked me what was the feeling I wanted the reception room to exude; based on that conversation I had chosen amber as the uplighting color without seeing it in the reception room because I was going for soft and romantic. A few weeks before the wedding, I had questions about the color since I knew she had much more experience with lighting as well as with my reception site so I relied on her opinion. She encouraged me to see the lighting in the room so she met me at the reception venue, and I'm so happy that she suggested that! During this meeting, I was no longer sold on the color amber for the room (as the room had gold accents and that is what I wanted to highlight) so Tonia suggested a custom color, champagne-it's gorgeous! Even though I knew the champagne color captured the exact ambiance and accented the room perfectly, Tonia offered to change the lighting on the day of the wedding if I came down to the room earlier in the day and no longer liked the color! She and the company, Charleston Uplighting, are completely focused 100% on making their clients happy!
    From beginning to end, Charleston Uplighting was a joy to work with! They made the entire process very easy and stress-free! They are extremely knowledgeable-so listen to what they have to say! :)

Sent on 01/30/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/29/2014

I got married in a location where there wasn't great lighting. I contacted Tonia to help make the atmosphere more romantic. She blew it out of the water. Not only was she creative, flexible with my budget and prompt. I didn't get to see the set up because I was getting ready, but I saw the venue before... and I saw it after. Perfection. A+!!!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Marisa · Married on 11/22/2014

Very flexible to work with; very professional and it looks beautiful..They were very accommodating even with last minute changes and additions. Thanks Charleston Uplighting, LLC!! Highly recommend to anyone who needs lighting for any occasion!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Christine · Married on 11/22/2014

Tonia and Rob are awesome to work with!!! I know if we give them a call or send them an inquiry for an event that they will respond to us promptly. They know what they are doing, have a variety of lighting options and make sure that all cords are neatly tucked away. They are competitively priced and provide professional and reliable lighting equipment. Did we mention that they are super nice to work with?!

Sent on 03/23/2015
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 11/07/2014

Working with Tonia was such an easy wedding task. She was always very timely in her response via email/phone. Her patience was greatly appreciated as I asked several questions on multiple occasions trying to figure out how to make our visions come true. The chandelier hanging from the oak tree was gorgeous and the cafe lighting set such a romantic mood for cocktail hour. Had so many positive comments on both. The only thing I would say that was disappointing was that I never got to meet Tonia in person.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Cassandra · Married on 10/11/2014

Tonia did an awesome job with the lighting at my wedding reception. I didn't get to see it prior to the reception but when I walked in I was sooo happy, it was exactly what I wanted. We got so many compliments about how good it looked and I loved the lighting with our names it gave our reception that extra special touch. Tonia was always quick to respond to my emails even on the weekend. Thanks again for making my day even more special

Sent on 10/16/2014

Gail · Married on 09/27/2014

I would like to thank Charleston Uplighting for the Wonderful service that was given to me. And most of all Thank You Charleston Uplighting for making my Winter Wonderland Wedding Dreams come true.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2014

Tonia and her team at Charleston Uplighting made my vision of our wedding venue come true. It only took one meeting at our venue and Tonia knew exactly what I wanted! We had so many compliments on how nice our lighting was it was so romantic looking.

Sent on 11/03/2014
  • User4459560 · event on 09/25/2014

Charleston Uplighting set the mood for our event. From providing ideas about a GOBO to explaining uplighting options, Tonia Drachler has a wealth of experience and information to share. Her uplighting and star GOBO created the perfect ambiance to the Chamber's Honors Night celebration. Thank you for making the evening a memorable one.

Sent on 10/08/2014

April · Married on 09/20/2014

Awesome service. My wedding day would not have been perfect without Charleston Uplighting!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Eleanor · Married on 07/19/2014

Charleston Uplighting provided lighting for a wedding reception at Boone Hall's Cotton Dock for us. It included cafe lighting inside & out, wall washing can lights, and pin spot lights. Tonia was most professional in her consultation with us early on and very prompt and meticulous on the day of the event.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Karen · Married on 05/17/2014

My daughter got married at a beach house last weekend and we had the reception dinner on the porch of the house. We wanted a festive, yet romantic feel using lighting and flowers. My wedding planner, Holly Simpson of A Charleston Event, recommended Charleston Uplighting as the vendor for the lights. When I first got their quote I thought it a bit high, but after I saw the actual amount of lights and their imaginative use of lighting and then later, during the reception, the ambiance that only the lighting could have added, I felt we actually got a great value!! Charleston Uplighting's service was outstanding and more than provided the desired atmosphere at my daughter's wedding. I highly recommend you use them for your next event.

Sent on 05/24/2014

Lisa · Married on 05/17/2014

Tonia and Charleston Uplighting we're fabulous! Very professional and courteous. There was no request we had that they couldn't accommodate. They made the venue look awesome!!! I would definitely recommend their services. Especially if you're coming from out of town/text like we did!

Sent on 06/03/2014

John · Married on 05/03/2014

Excellent uplighting company. Charleston uplighting provided great service for our special wedding day. The reception location was absolutely beautiful. The vendor is very professional, responsive, and ensures that everything will be perfect!!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Katie · Married on 04/26/2014

great to work with. Wouldn't have gone with anyone else!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Emily · Married on 04/12/2014

My husband and I got married on April 12, 2014 at Cypress Gardens and our reception was at the garden's Dean Hall. Charleston Uplighting was a joy to work with! Tonia was always very flexible and professional. The purple/blush pink colored uplighting we chose for our wedding reception transformed our reception hall. It was just the touch of color we needed to make everything come together. I would recommend Charleston Uplighting to any bride or person who wants to add uplighting to their special event because this vendor knows how to create a beautiful ambience!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Kayla · Married on 03/29/2014

Tonia was wonderful to work with and the uplighting she provided created a fun, romantic atmosphere for our reception! We got so many complements on how great our reception looked thanks to the uplighting! I would recommend then to anyone.

Sent on 04/06/2014

Melissa · event on 03/15/2014

Tonia Drachler owner/operator of Charleston Uplighting was a true pleasure to work with for our gala. From contract-completion she could not have provided a higher level of service, I was in awe of their lighting design and ability to bring our vision/theme to life. Uplighting can truly change/enhance the ambiance of an event space, and is money well spent.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Craig · Married on 03/01/2014

Charleston Uplighting was responsive in my request for a quote. They worked with me to provide the right lighting within our budget and provided the most competitive price. The lights were beautiful and added to the ambiance for our wedding at the Cotton Dock at Boone Hall Plantation.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Taylor · Married on 11/08/2013

Tonia with charleston uplighting was a pleasure to work with. She understood my vision for lighting the reception and made it work. She was quick in response to my questions and made everything so easy!

Sent on 11/23/2013

I am very pleased with the lighting services from Charleston Uplighting. The lighting set a great tone and ambience for our outdoor ceremony and reception. Tonia was the most timely, professional, and polite of all the vendors we had for our wedding. I highly recommend Charleston Uplighting!

Sent on 11/11/2013