Charleston Makeup Artist - Ginny Brogan Reviews

6 | Mount Pleasant, SC

6 Reviews for Charleston Makeup Artist - Ginny Brogan

Kelsey · Married on 03/25/2018

I booked Ginny after seeing her masterpiece hair/makeup job from a friend's wedding. Ginny did my makeup and holy cow was it amazing. As a person who has never had professional makeup done, I was nervous about someone putting eyelashes and stuff on me, but it was stunning and lasted! The process was very easy and she made me feel like a princess on my big day!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Suzanne · Married on 10/29/2016

I am so happy I chose Makeup by Ginny for my wedding! Ginny was great about communication-email, texting, phone-she was prompt and got back to me quickly. Two days before the wedding, she and I met at her studio in Mount Pleasant for a makeup/hair trial. (I would highly recommend doing this)! I felt like a princess and got my first real experience with airbrush makeup (so cool). Ginny is a very sweet individual and I instantly felt comfortable working with her. After our trial we made notes and tweaked a few things for the wedding. On the wedding day, Ginny was gracious enough to travel out to Isle of Palms (at 9am) to do hair and makeup for my mother and I (small 10 person wedding with no bridesmaids and groomsmen). I love that she was mobile and came with her lighting, chairs, makeup, curling irons, etc. She dutifully spent over 3 hours working on mom and I and we looked absolutely gorgeous. Worth every penny! Mom and I were very happy with "Makeup by Ginny" and would recommend her for any hair and makeup needs.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Kellyann · Married on 04/10/2016

Ginny was great!! She was very attentive to all my needs. Also, Extremely pleasant to be around. I highly recommend her! Thanks again Ginny!!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Erin · Married on 08/11/2015

Ginny responded almost immediately when I contacted her. She did an exceptional `job. She made me feel beautiful and my husband agreed! She's great with understanding and executing what you want. She did a great job on my hair as well. Def. recommend her for any event or time you want to feel and look great.

Sent on 01/27/2016

Allison · Married on 05/16/2015

Ginny was fantastic doing makeup for my wedding day! She was professional and also a lot of fun to work with. We really appreciate her taking the time to come onsite and help with our special day!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Mary Cooper · Married on 04/08/2019

2.0
      2.0

Misleading website pics

Was excited due to her website, I showed her pics of what I wanted... did great with hair but my face was so bad! Caked on airbrush & so much blush it looked like I was sunburned. Eyeliner drawn with a thick crayon (no sharp wings!) & black eyeshadow; made me look like a raccoon. I've also seen better false lashes at the dollar store. I was shocked at how misleading her pics were & how it looked in person. I politely said I was comfortable doing my makeup but would hire her for hair. She quickly got an attitude & told me to think about it & contact her again soon. 2 days later, I reached out but she claimed she was busy when she said she was free (before the trial- 1week til wedding). I still paid her for her time & using her equipment. I did get tips though! For hair-thickening powder & texturing hairspray! I went to Walmart & got Kiss lashes, Hard Candy Glamoflauge foundation (used for yrs to cover rosacea & acne scars), Hard Candy waterproof eyeliner, Milani blush, Maybeline blur & defend primer, & Hard Candy blurring & pore refining loose finishing powder. This powder gave me an airbrush look (only $6)! Saved so much doing it myself! Because of this experience, I was able to find the perfect makeup & now I have my wedding day look whenever I want!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Charleston Makeup Artist - Ginny Brogan's reply:

I'm sorry for your bad experience Mary. Had you notified me of your concerns, I would have made the adjustments you wanted. You indicated you were happy when you departed.