Charleston Events Hair and Makeup Reviews

49 | Mount Pleasant, SC

49 Reviews for Charleston Events Hair and Makeup

Malory · Getting married on 06/22/2019

I was very pleased with the professionalism and quality of my hair and makeup done by Charleston Events for my wedding. On that day- you want everything to look perfect. Jennifer does my hair on a regular basis, so I knew she would not disappoint. I loved the way everything turned out on the wedding day. I would certainly recommend them to anyone and everyone I know!

Sent on 09/06/2011

Courtney · Married on 02/10/2018

Jennifer was great! She came in and worked her magic quickly & with a bunch of commotion around. Thanks!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Bevin · Married on 05/08/2017

Jennifer and her girls were nothing short of amazing. My hair and makeup (bride) was flawless and natural. They made me feel beautiful and relaxed the day of, even when they had TEN other women to take care of!!! Everyone looked stunning and loved the turn out. I would choose CEH&M any day for my big day, you should too!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Charleston Events Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We love what we do and just love the opportunity to be a part of such a special day! Thank you again and congratulations!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 01/21/2016

This review is based on the ON SITE services Jennifer provided me during a 12 hour photo shoot in multiple locations. Jennifer was with me to make sure everything went just right.

Test #1 was when I arrived to the first location and realized I had forgotten my entire bag of clothes at my house. Jennifer helped me navigate through the situation and assured me it would all be ok. Test passed!

I have worked with Jennifer and her team on multiple occasions and each and every time, I have been blown away by their skill level and their fun personalities.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Where can I start? Jennifer and her team were perfect. I researched a ton of vendors before selecting her. I finally decided on her after consistently seeing her name as the hair and makeup artist of all the brides that looked most beautiful in the pictures I had seen. I cant say enough about both her makeup/hair skills as well as just her professionalism and interpersonal skills in general. She made me feel so comfortable day of (which for me was super important!). My bridesmaids loved her and her team as well as how they looked. I can't say enough about Jennifer. SO HAPPY and lucky to have found her. Would not even consider anyone else.

Sent on 03/27/2016

Stefanie · Married on 05/02/2015

I was referred to Charleston Events from a friend that had booked them for her wedding & I couldn't have been happier with the service. Jennifer was great to work with from the beginning - she answers all my emails/questions promptly and worked with me through my multiple services changes for my bridal party. Both my trial run & wedding day went very smoothly and everything was timed perfectly. All of my bridesmaids loved their hair & makeup! I would most definitely recommend Charleston Events to anyone who wants to look & feel gorgeous on their wedding day!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Shannon · Married on 11/01/2014

I can't recommend Jennifer, Christina and Dana highly enough-what fun it was to meet them and have Christina and Dana do the hair for my wedding. Jennifer was so kind--working us in on very short notice, and then accommodating a reschedule of the consultation. Christina listened to my vision, and helped me with even better suggestions--and then executed just beautiful wedding day hair. Dana gave my mom and bridesmaids just what they wanted also. They were calm, fun, easy to work with and professional--I really couldn't have asked for more. Thanks, girls, for adding so much beauty and joy to my wedding day!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Charleston Events Hair and Makeup's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We absolutely loved being a part of your day and I will make sure the Christina and Dana know how happy you were!

Jennifer and her crew were fantastic. We had a small destination wedding in Charleston. Jennifer came to the house we were staying in and provided hair and make up services for the bridal party (her make up artist was sick, so she called and requested to come an hour early to ensure she had enough time to get everything done before the pictures). I went with a full coverage makeup which did not look caked on or did not feel heavy/oily. Since I was unable to do a trial run, I showed Jennifer they style I wanted for my hair and she was able to execute it perfectly. My hair also stayed in place on the windy beach and through out the night. Jennifer and her crew were easy to work with and overall great ladies who helped provide a relaxing stress free afternoon. I highly recommend.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Tara · Married on 05/25/2014

I planned my wedding from afar and so I was taking a shot in the dark and hiring vendors off of reviews. I hit the jackpot with Charleston Events Hair and Makeup! Jennifer was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. She rolled with the punches the weeks leading up to the event when my wedding party kept adding services, she made the schedule work out perfectly. Every one of my bridesmaids was happy with their hair and make-up. I feel weird saying this but Jennifer made me look and feel prettier than I ever thought I could. My friends and family were floored (as was I) with how flawless I looked. That is 100% attributed to Jennifer and her team of very talented artists. Without a doubt I'd recommend them because not only were they talented by they were extremely fun and made the morning of my wedding a blast!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Anne · Married on 04/26/2014

I originally had an appointment scheduled with just a regular salon out of convenience, but they were not very accommodating. When it came time to do my bridal portraits, the salon could not even do my hair, so my photographer recommended Charleston Events Hair and Makeup. This was literally about 4 days prior to the photo shoot, and the response was immediate. I was called and fit in on a Sunday morning with no issues. I went in with a slight idea of what I thought I would like, and the outcome was even better than I imagined. My hair held up beautifully along with the make-up, and my bridal portraits turned out great! While I was working on the hair, we decided to see if they could fit me in for my wedding. Charleston Events was able to schedule me, my mom, and my sister for my wedding date, even though they had another wedding in the afternoon. The privacy of the salon is amazing, and the professionalism is outstanding. We were all extremely pleased with the way we looked, and it is definitely reflected in our pictures. I have never been happier with a hair appointment!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2014

Jennifer and her team were great for me and my bridesmaids and mom. We were all so excited with the way we ended up looking and her and her team are really flexible and open to changes and answered all my questions (I ended up changing what I wanted for my hair pretty close to the wedding)!

Sent on 06/17/2014
  • Heidi

Heidi · Married on 04/19/2014

Jennifer was so sweet and helpful throughout the process! She is very quick to respond to calls and emails along with flexible hours, I could call her nights/weekends and she was available for help with concerns and payments or whatever I needed! Bridesmaids even changed their minds on services more than once last minute and they were super patient and accomodating to our requests! I am extremely happy with Charleston Events Hair and Makeup and the whole staff was wonderful and talented!! I am so happy I came across this company and had the privelidge of working with them for my wedding day needs!! My hair and makeup turned out perfect!!:) Thank you all!!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Jennifer and her team did a great job on me and my bridesmaids.

I got a little worried the day of because Jennifer had another wedding and wasn't able to get to me until later. She absolutely calmed me down as soon as she got there and made it perfect!

My hair looked great and so did all of my girls. They did an excellent job and managed to get my hair to be more than I expected!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Jacqueline · Married on 08/05/2013

Great great great! You will love Jennifer. She does amazing work and is so flexible and nice to deal with. I couldn't be happier with my wedding hair and makeup. Thanks for making my wedding day so special!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Eva · Married on 05/25/2013

Wow am I glad I had Jennifer to do my hair and makeup for my wedding. During my trial session (which I highly recommend you do with both hair AND makeup...oh and take pictures after to see how it looks on camera) I asked her to do everything I thought I wanted for my wedding, which she did...but after seeing my bridal portraits which I took after, I completely changed my mind. I was nervous that I was asking her to do a different hair style and even a different makeup style on my wedding day but she nailed it. Makes me wish I looked like that everyday, ha! But seriously, my hair falls out of everything and she made sure it wasnt going to budge on my wedding day...which it didnt despite pictures on the beach and hours upon hours of dancing. My makeup was also flawless for the full 12 hours (yes longest wedding ever I know). I am so happy I had the chance to work with her, I wouldnt hesitate for a second referring her to another bride.

Sent on 06/14/2013

Jennifer and her team were absolutely wonderful on my wedding day, as well as during the planning. During the planning, Jennifer listened to whatever I asked of her, even bringing in an extra stylist at the last minute to calm my nerves on timing. They were very organized and calm, listening to what each of the 13 of us ladies wanted for hair and makeup, finishing with perfect timing. Not only were they professional, but very enjoyable throughout the day. Jennifer's team pulled everything off perfectly. Everyone's hair and makeup was flawless and lasted the entire wedding day-all of which was outdoors. I could not have been happier with my entire experience and would recommend Jennifer to anyone.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Corinne · Married on 05/04/2013

Jennifer was so personable and professional. Hair was more beautiful than I could have expected, and stayed in place after a night of dancing. They went above and beyond to make sure the bride and all my bridesmaids were happy with a style they loved.

Sent on 05/11/2013

Allison · Married on 04/13/2013

Jennifer was tremendous and attentive to everything I had asked for. Her assistant was also a sweetheart and easy-going. On the day of the wedding, you want to feel relaxed and satisfied, and these girls definately delivered.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Amy · Married on 04/12/2013

Jennifer was amazing and was so much fun to work with!! She was timely, professional, but also caring and receptive. I was in love with my makeup for my wedding and had never felt prettier. I wish I had another formal event where I could hire her, she was the best!!

Sent on 04/23/2013

meredith · Married on 04/06/2013

Jennifer did a fantastic job on my wedding day makeup! In addition, she also made my all my bridesmaids and mother-in-law feel beautiful. Jennifer was very professional and prompt with answering my endless emails prior to the big day. She worked hard to ensure the end result matched my wedding day vision that I had spent so much time planning for. I appreciate everything jennifer did and would recommend her for future brides!
    Thank you!
    Meredith

Sent on 04/24/2013

Jessi · Married on 11/11/2012

Jennifer absolutely saved my wedding day. I originally booked her to do my makeup, but booked someone else for my hair. That someone else cancelled on me the night before my wedding. I called Jennifer that night hoping she might be able to do my hair also, and she was more than happy to. At the absolute last minute, she stepped up to the plate and went above and beyond what I thought I needed. Not to mention, my makeup, as well as my bridesmaids', was fabulous, and my hairstyle was beautiful and original. Jennifer is a must-have for your wedding!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2012

Jennifer took her time and made both my hair and makeup look phenomenal. She was flexible with appts and even came to us instead of having to go to her shop. I'd recommend her!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Kirsten · Married on 08/25/2012

Jennifer and her team were invaluable! I was planning my Charleston wedding from 3 states away and my work schedule didn't allow me to meet Jennifer before my wedding day. She was great with keeping in contact with me and answering all my questions. Her staff were amazing the day off. They were able to look at a picture and style my hair exactly how I wanted. And the makeup was amazing. I truly looked my best on my wedding day, and have them to thank for it!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Jennifer was great to work with for my wedding! She worked with my busy schedule and low budget. The air brush make up was amazing for my outside wedding! It made my skin look perfect. She also took all the pictures of how I wanted my hair done and made it into a unique style just for me. She came to my venue and set up in a very awkward space, but made ALL of it work. I would definitely recommend Jennifer for all of your hair and make-up needs!

Sent on 10/15/2012

MelissA · Married on 06/30/2012

Jennifer was awesome and made sure that I felt beautiful on my special day. She was genious on my wedding day when the weather changed and she changed my hair to make sure I was not only comfortable but also very chic!

Sent on 10/16/2012