Charleston Blooms Reviews

Charleston Blooms 5
Charleston Blooms 6
Charleston Blooms 7

Susan · Married on 06/01/2011

The artist at Charleston blooms did an amazing job. They provided customer service with a personal touch. It was a turn key operation. I am very satisfied and will recomend to friends.

Sent on 06/24/2011

jamie · Married on 04/02/2011

Charleston Blooms made my wedding beautiful! The arrangements were so amazing and so unique! Charleston Blooms has the kind of talent that you see in magazines but better! The quality of service, professionalism, responsiveness, and flexibility of Charleston Blooms exceeded my expectations and more! Plus the cost was amazing for the quality and beauty of the exotic flowers.
    I highly recommend Charleston Blooms for all flower needs!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Kelsey · Married on 03/25/2018

I hired Charleston Blooms for my wedding bouquet and cake flowers. One important aspect for me was to include fresh lilac flowers to help me feel connected to family members who had passed. This team was great and I was amazed by how beautiful and fresh the flowers were! Definitely would recommend and potentially use again for other non-wedding needs! Reasonable price and even delivered completely unnoticed, which was a fantastic surprise to find in my getting-ready suite!

Sent on 04/03/2018
    Charleston Blooms 8
    Charleston Blooms 9

Amy · Married on 04/15/2017

I absolutely loved working with Mari! She brought the vision that I had for my wedding to life. After looking at examples of flowers that I wanted, she came up with the perfect bouquets and decorations. She suggested re-purposing my bridesmaids' bouquets for table decorations to save money, which I greatly appreciated. Mari was very responsive to all of my emails and was a joy to have as part of my husband and I's big day.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Katherine · Married on 03/04/2017

Mari and penny of Charleston blooms absolutely made my dream wedding happen. I used them as my day of coordinators and they absolutely brought my vision to life for the reception! The flowers were amazing and they even bought me some little on the go ballet flats and brought them to the reception because they knew how much my heels were hurting my feet. They're angels in disguise!

Sent on 03/12/2017

The flowers at our wedding were beautiful, and the ladies at Charleston Blooms made that happen. My flowers were not exactly what I had imagined, however, that is not because of Charleston Blooms. I didn't have exact names of flowers I wanted to use, which is my fault. But the flowers in our wedding photos are spectacular, and that's what really counts for me.
    While working with Penny and Mari, I could sense their passion and excitement for flowers, which definitely showed in their work. I would definitely recommend Charleston Blooms to all my family and friends.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Judy · Married on 04/26/2014

This was my son's wedding, Penny was able to catch the vision of the Bride and Groom from the first consultation and keep all cost within our budget. The wedding was held at James Island County Park with an intimate number of friends and family. We loved every detail and would recommend Charleston Blooms to anyone planning a wedding or event!

Sent on 12/10/2014

I was extremely happy with my decision to book Sara at Charleston Blooms. She was very knowledgable on the flowers I was looking to incorporate and immediately got my vision. After I received my photographs back I was reminded how beautiful her work was once again. The value of her work is incredible and I definitely would recommend her to anyone looking for a quality florist in the Charleston area.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Kendra · Married on 07/06/2012

Charleston Blooms was wonderful! Sara was helpful, cheerful, and gave me great ideas. She always asked if I needed additional help and gave me contact information for other venders. She was flexible and met with me right before the event to go over last minute details. I was VERY pleased with how the bouquets turned out. She worked very hard to make my vision come to fruition. Sara was an absolute delight to work with and I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Robin · Married on 04/28/2017

Mari was fabulous to work with. My daughter had reached out to several florists and Charleston Blooms was the most responsive and enthusiastic about working with us. She was prompt and prepared the flowers for my daughter's wedding exactly how she had envisioned. Penny did a beautiful job of writing the seating assignments on a vintage style mirror for us. I would definitely recommend them. Thank you Ladies!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Sue · Married on 11/03/2017

3.5

Mari is a delight to work with!! She really listens and looks at all the pintrest photos you show her to make your vision come to life. You may start the process thinking you want one thing, but through trial and error, budget constraints or just a change of heart end up someplace different than your original plan and Mari comes right along with you. She is super flexible, working with us right up to a week before tweaking the number of arrangements we'd need! It's a small shop, so you may not always hear back immediately - but you usually don't really need to and the personal attention you get is worth an occasional delayed response. Thanks Mari for helping us realize our dream wedding!! You rock!

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Charleston Blooms 10
    Charleston Blooms 11

Taylor · Married on 06/24/2017

Charleston Blooms was incredible to work with for our wedding! I met with Mari to go over my floral "vision" and she was so kind and patient. I have no floral knowledge, so she took my very vague description of what I liked and created the most perfect set of floral arrangements, bouquets, head table, etc. I could not have been more thrilled with how our flowers turned out and I have received so many compliments on them! It was a huge bonus that they were very reasonably priced compared to other florists in the area for this quality of work. I would absolutely recommend Charleston Blooms!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Leah · Married on 10/17/2015

Penny and Mari were simply the best to work with. They went above and beyond the florist's call of duty from the beginning, and executed my vision even better than I could have imagined.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/19/2019

Bring Your Wedding Vision To Life

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mari and Penny! From the first moment I sat down with Mari to discuss my ideas, she knew exactly what I wanted. I had a very specific vision for every aspect of my big day and she totally got me and made it even better than I imagined. She went above and beyond to make it all perfect, and everything from the boutonnieres to the centerpieces was amazing. My bridesmaids loved their bouquets and I loved the fact that they were all different and not "cookie cutter." I also enlisted their rehearsal/day-of planning services which I highly recommend to make it less stressful and so much more enjoyable! Charleston Blooms is the best!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Charleston Blooms 12
    Charleston Blooms 13

Jessica · Married on 04/11/2015

2.0

The flowers that Charleston Blooms provided for my wedding were beautiful! I had very high quality pricey flowers for a good price. My bouquet was huge (it was heavy) and my bridesmaid's bouquets were also really nice size! Since I had some peonies, Juliette roses, and ranculus (expensive flowers), I expected them to cheat the bouquets and make them smaller, but everything was beautiful! I was very pleased with the wedding party flowers. I did think the containers used at the reception looked a little cheap in some places (I wanted mercury glass, but some containers looked plastic), but the centerpieces were gorgeous, and overall I was very pleased with the beautiful displays.

The one thing that I was frustrated by was the responsiveness of this vendor. Before I booked them, Mari was extremely responsive and that was one thing I was really pleased with. However, after I booked them, I tried to schedule a call with Mari a few times to go over my final vision for the wedding. She didn't answer at the agreed upon time and didn't call me back for 4-5 days. At that time, I couldn't talk so we just never talked. Luckily, the flowers turned out wonderful and I was very happy, but I was frustrated by that one experience.

Sent on 04/27/2015

3.5

Everything was beautiful on our wedding day! Charleston Blooms did a great job.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Lyndsey · Married on 01/19/2013

4.2

Sara at Charleston Blooms was so wonderful! She had such perfect ideas from start to finish and really seemed to understand the style I was going for. Her suggestions were modern and fresh and she was very familiar with flower types and seasons. I could show her a picture of a bouquet from a magazine and she could literally spout out, right off the bat, what types of flowers that were included and what season they grew best in, etc. She also seemed to really know what flowers and colors complimented eachother and what to match up. I chose to add heirloom broches to my floral bouquets and they turned out beautifully. I also gave her a mixture of pearls and lace, and old hanky of my great-grandmother's - she found a way to incorporate everything!
    My favorite was a "In Memory" table of loved ones who had passed. She came up with this great idea of laying out branches across the table and had white and pink rose buds (full and in bloom) laying on the branches - some held up on the branches, some scattered below. Then we had votives in glass holders and the silver frames of the deceased all around and in between branches and such. It was a stunning tribute and so soft and warm feeling. I got so many compliments!

Sent on 03/13/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/16/2015

0.4
      0.5

We were incredibly disappointed with my bouquet for our wedding in October. Thankfully we only purchased my bouquet and the grooms boutineer because my mom was doing the rest of the flowers. I had sent a photo of what I wanted and they said that it would be very easy to do. The picture I had given them had flowers with multiple shades of pink and white flowers - roses, tulips, peonies, etc. I said i wanted a short stem bouquet. Pretty simple or so I had thought. I was busy getting ready so I sent a BM to grab the bouquet. If I had been the one to get it I would have not accepted it. It was a long stem bouquet with only pink and white roses. The white roses were turning brown and the bouquet itself looked very disheveled and uneven. Nothing like what we had discussed. I spent $130 on a bouquet I didn't use. Thankfully my mom worked her magic and made me a bouquet out of our centerpieces. I wrote them a couple emails after the wedding letting them know about my disappointment with no response. Don't waste your money.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Charleston Blooms's reply:

I am sorry that you were disappointed. I did send two emails responding back but did that through wedding wire. The bouquet did have white lizianthus in it. I am also sorry about the ivory garden rose I used. These are tipped with a very light mauve shade. I am sorry if it looked brown. You are right about no tulips. They were not available so I did make a substitution with the lizianthus. I would love to send you an arrangement to enjoy!