Charleston Blooms Reviews

Charleston Blooms 5
Charleston Blooms 6
Charleston Blooms 7

Brianna · Married on 09/27/2015

We could not have gotten through the wedding day without Mari and Penny.. They were absolutely amazing and completely invaluable. We had originally planned on doing a DIY wedding and only hiring CharlestonBlooms for flower arrangements. After meeting Mari, and falling in love with her personality and vision, we knew it was the right decision to hire her for rehearsal and day-of coordination. I felt incredibly confident that I could hand the details of the wedding over to her.
    Even more amazing.. Come wedding weekend, she was everything we needed and more to have the most incredible and meaningful day of our lives, and I know my whole family would agree with me. You could tell that both Mari and Penny really care about their clients, as they had us all crying several times.. Tears of joy, of course (: Their entire goal was to ensure that we focused on nothing but enjoying and embracing the day. I really could go on forever but, the bottom line is.. YES, absolutely hire them!

Sent on 10/05/2015

I literally would not have had a wedding without Charleston Blooms! First off, during the planning stages, communication was so easy. I never had to wait long for a response to any questions I had. I met with Mari to describe my plans and what I wanted flowers to look like. I don't know much about flowers, so all I did was show her one picture and tell her what I liked and did not like about it. I didn't see my flowers until wedding day and they could not have been more perfect!!! All that I was hoping for and MORE. My bouquet was simply stunning. On top of that, my wedding was an outdoor wedding that happened to fall on the day of the "thousand year flood" in Charleston. Our wedding was rescheduled across town and indoors 4 hours in advance. Mari transformed a warehouse into my indoor plantation wedding dream. It was beautiful. She went WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND and arranged and coordinated teams of friends and family to make our brand new venue look like a million bucks at the very last minute. Everyone was amazed. If we hadn't have hired Charleston Blooms I am honestly not sure what would have happened! MIRACLE WORKERS!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Mary · Married on 09/24/2015

Mari and Penny are simply amazing! They did our flowers and day-of-coordination, and I would have been lost with out them.

Thanks to Charleston Blooms I was able to go into 'airplane mode' on the day of my wedding and not have to check my phone constantly and deal with the million last minute decisions and 'double-checking' that came up with having to decide a rain plan. They handled everything flawlessly so that I could focus on enjoying the day, the friends and family who came to see us, and most importantly, marrying my best friend. Mari and Penny were fabulous about communication the entire way! They helped put me at ease and answered my bazillion emails and texts.

Our flower concept was exactly what I wanted and so much more than I ever could have dreamed of! They really listened to what I wanted, the feel we were going for, and our budget. Their flowers really set the mood and feel for our reception and captured our 'laid-back, elegant' style perfectly. The boutonnieres were unique, with a masculine feel, and looked amazing. The bridesmaids bouquets were gorgeous, but my bouquet was the pièce de résistance. It was stunning, and more than I could have ever imagined.

Hire Mari and Penny, you will not regret it! They will make your flowers, and day, so much more than you could even imagine. They are artists with a great sense of style and imagination. They will not disappoint!!

Needless to say, I simply adore them! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Kelly · Married on 09/12/2015

I just want to give a heartfelt "thank you" to Charleston Blooms for the incredible job they did for our son's wedding. They went above and beyond beautiful and elegant and even saved the day with some spare roses for the bride's hair! Mari and Penny were phenomenal to work with, and the quality to price for which one receives is unmatched. Thank you, again! The Beams

Sent on 09/16/2015

I loved working with Mari and Penny. They are quick to respond, willing to meet to fully understand your vision and are true professionals! They know their flowers and what looks good. I gave them a lot of freedom to be creative and I was not disappointed! They took my ideas and brought them to life. I highly recommend Charleston Blooms, and hope to have a chance to need their services again!

Sent on 09/09/2015

They did a great job working within our budget! They were able to decorate each table at the cocktail hour and reception beautifully! They were very easy to work with and their flower arrangements were gorgeous!

Sent on 08/20/2015

mari and penny created BEAUTIFUL bouquets, boutonnieres, and floral arrangements for my daughter's wedding! they listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered and THEN SOME!!! in addition to their excellent creative skills, their personalities were such a blessing and match for my daughter and me. we LOVE them! mari was quick to respond and eager to help in every way. sooo pleased!!!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Natasha · Married on 07/26/2015

Mari and Penny could not have done a better job for our wedding. When we reached out to florists through Wedding Wire, Charleston Blooms was the first to respond and the most responsive throughout the planning process. We selected them primarily based on the fact that we had gone through two initial proposals with them before we even heard back from a majority of the other florists. Luckily for us the flowers could not have been more beautiful. We specifically requested wild flowers and flowers that were local to the area while also infusing some extra color into the wedding, as our colors were grey and yellow. Mari and Penny perfectly executed our vision and showed up early on our wedding day to set up the flowers. The chairs were not yet set up when they arrived so they stayed and waited for everything to be in place for them to add the flowers. After they were done setting up they went above and beyond by helping us move tables for the reception. They truly care not only about their specialty, but also ensuring that the bride and groom have a wonderful experience on their wedding day. Charleston Blooms was the perfect company for us.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Affordable, beautiful and perfect. Mari was a delight and even met in person with us to discuss arrangements and bouquets. Made the most beautiful head piece for me as a last minute request. Most affordable florist in charleston, but does not do cheap looking work. We all loved Mari!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Lea · Married on 05/03/2015

Mari from Charleston Blooms was Amazing!!! I had a vision of the flowers I wanted at my ceremony and wedding that I had accumulated on a Pinterest board starting the day I became engaged. Mari drove out to meet me in Charleston to discuss my vision and had some incredible ideas. Mari was very detail oriented and I was so impressed by everything. My bridal party and I arrived and the reception venue early and I was able to get a first hand glimpse at all the floral arrangements. The ceremony site and tables looked as though I was in a fairy tale. It was exactly what I asked for and Mari surely delivered. She was super sweet and flexible and was able to work within my budget. I would highly recommend Charleston Blooms to anyone in need of a florist.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Liz · Married on 04/25/2015

Mari was able to interpret and beautifully execute my vision for the table arrangements, corsages and bouquets for our wedding and reception.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Krista · Married on 03/28/2015

Beautiful! Penny and Mary did an amazing job! They completely captured my vision of what my wedding day will look like. The price was an absolute steal! Thank you both for your hard work and passion for flowers in the Charleston area.

Sent on 04/13/2015
  • User4942027 · 2+ years ago

Our flowers were beautiful! It was a pleasure to work with Mari and Penny through the entire planning process. They were available through e-mail, to meet in person, and talk on the phone. CharlestonBlooms went above and beyond my expectations! They have the best prices I could find in Charleston. I’m so thankful for how beautiful they made our wedding!!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Mari and Penny did an amazing job! I couldn't have been happier with my flowers, especially my bouquet. These ladies jumped in to help me last minute when my original florist from my wedding was not able to do the flowers due to a move. Mari and Penny completely took over and made my dream a reality. I am so honored and grateful to have been able to showcase the talent of these ladies.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Cecile · Married on 11/15/2014

Mari with Charleston Blooms is fabulous! I literally knew nothing about flowers prior to our meeting. I planned the wedding long distance, and she was extremely accommodating. I was a mess during our meeting because I had no clue what I wanted - except that I wanted something "unique." She was able to interpret my indecisiveness, and create the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen - I am obsessed with them! She is so creative, and knew exactly how to execute what I wanted even though I wasn't able to describe it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHARLESTON BLOOMS!!!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Charleston blooms completely blew me away, after one meeting of explaining my vision they delivered the most beautiful flowers - it tooky breathe away. Every single touch they did was incredible!!!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Amy · Married on 03/01/2014

Sara is an extremely talented florist! She did all of the floral arrangements, bouquets, and centerpieces for my wedding, and I have still never had the pleasure of meeting her! I planned my wedding in Charleston from Charlotte, NC, so Sara and I only communicated by phone and through emails leading up to the big day. She listened to everything I said, and on the wedding day I found the most beautiful bouquets at the church sitting in vases and labeled for each member of the wedding party. The centerpieces at the reception were absolutely gorgeous, and every detail from our conversations were represented in exquisite flowers. She made my day extra special and is truly an artist!

Sent on 05/13/2014
  • mrssprinkle

Meg · Married on 10/19/2013

Sara did an amazing job with my flowers. I had a very limited floral budget and she was extremely flexible and cost-effective. Our flowers were beautiful and exactly what I envisioned. Thank you so much for all of your help, Sara!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Sara · Married on 10/12/2013

Sara did the flowers (bouquets, boutonnieres, table arrangements) for our wedding at Alhambra Hall last October. Sara was great to work with -- the flowers were absolutely stunning and a great value!

I loved that she checked-in a few times leading up to the wedding -- not about the flowers, necessarily, but just about the wedding prep in general -- it was very thoughtful. She was very flexible -- she created a sample table arrangement a few months before the wedding and let us take several containers home and return them later so we could continue to enjoy the flowers after the wedding.

Here are some photos of the flowers Sara did for our wedding: http://theweddingrow.com/sara-dylan-alhambra-hall/

Sent on 02/15/2014

Erin · Married on 05/11/2013

Sara at Charleston Blooms is incredible. She worked with me to make sure I got exactly what I wanted to make my wedding day special!!! Flowers were stunning!!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Cannot recommend highly enough. Excellent value for the price. Sara is delightful to work with, creative, and dependable. The flowers were gorgeous.

Sent on 12/09/2012

Kristine · Married on 08/25/2012

She was AMAZING!! I showed her pictures of what I liked and let Sara do her thing. I worried about nothing and my flowers were more than I imagined they could be. The were perfect and I am so thankful for the amazing job she did.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Dana · Married on 05/19/2012

We used Sara with Charleston Blooms for our wedding in May of 2012. I am not sure that there are enough kind words to say about our experience with her. She is a truly talented woman with a passion for what she does, and this shows in her work. We gave her full creative rights to create the perfect atmosphere for our wedding, and she did not disappoint. It was nice to have someone you could trust completely She did a great job of incorporating non-flower items with the arrangements to save us money. She was very reasonably priced, under-promised and over-delivered. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/11/2012

Sara from Charleston Blooms was wonderful! Everything was perfect and she even provided an extra flower for my hair in case the first one wilted or didn't last through the night (and it didn't!). She was affordable, but you would never know from the quality and beauty of my flowers and arrangements that day. If you tell her what you want, she will execute it. She's also very approachable and allows you to make changes as you plan. She even threw in an extra flowergirl basket last minute when we added another flowergirl. Highly, highly recommended.

Sent on 05/16/2012

Maggie · Married on 10/01/2011

Sara did a great job with our arrangements! She was extremely helpful. I completely trusted her from day 1, which is rare when planning a destination wedding. I didn't have any clue about what I wanted for the wedding, but Sara came with up with great ideas for me while keeping the costs good. Everything turned out great.

Sent on 10/05/2011