Charleston Black Cab Company Reviews

53 | Charleston, SC

53 Reviews for Charleston Black Cab Company

Kate · Married on 06/20/2008

They were right on time. Very Polite and flexible. We switched our plan last minute and they were very understanding and accommodating.

Sent on 11/19/2008

Shannon · Married on 05/10/2008

This was soo fun using the Charleston Black cab company and much cheaper than renting a limo. My husband and I decided that rather than paying a limo to sit in the parking lot for 4 hours (minimum rental time) we used the black cab instead. They picked us up at the church with a "Just Married" sign on the back (a little extra $$) and dropped us off at the reception site then Came back at the time we had stated and picked us up to take us to our hotel. We had two different drivers, which was fine with us and they were both as pleasant as they could be and asked us if there was any place we needed or wanted to go before we go to our destinations. Our second driver even stopped at the gas station so my husband could get me something to drink. It was $75 for both trips and $25 for the "Just married" sign. A much better deal than $450-600 for a limo that would sit in a parking lot. And the cabs did not have that "Cab" smell. Definately a good different idea.

Sent on 06/25/2008

Michele · Married on 11/17/2007

What a wonderful, unique transportation company! The drivers were very polite, professional and seemed genuinely happy for us, even though I'm sure they see tons of weddings! I would highly recommend them for weddings, plus they're a great value!

Sent on 06/25/2009

Lolita · Married on 06/19/2007

Fancy, neat limo! Very much on time and so professional. I felt like a star!

Sent on 05/02/2009

caryn · Married on 10/14/2006

On a whim, we decided to forego the stretch limo and opted for one of the little British black cabs we had seen around town. They were happy to accomodate us--were on time, well dressed, friendly, and seamlessly delivered us to our reception across the bridge in Mt. Pleasant. Perfect!

Sent on 09/29/2008

Erin · Married on 04/16/2011

Super easy to work with and a great getaway car for the money!

Sent on 05/07/2011

jennifer · Married on 04/24/2010

Loved working with Scott. They were flexible with my two change of plans and arrived on time to all the locations. Great addition to my day.

Sent on 04/28/2010

Lindsay · Married on 05/05/2018

Charleston Black Cab picked up the bridesmaids and me from my mother's house and took us to the church. We used the 30 passenger van and it was well air conditioned and the driver was friendly. After the ceremony, they took the bridal party to the reception. At the end of the night, my husband and I took the black cab to our hotel, and again, the driver was very friendly and even helped us carry our belongings inside!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2012

They did a great job for a reasonable rate. We had a little trouble getting in touch with them to confirm the date/time reserved, but they were there right on time as planned.

Sent on 09/29/2012

A · Married on 09/24/2011

Though the $85 per hour (+ tip) price can seem high, it was well worth the price to have Charleston Black Cab Company take us away from the reception in a black cab. They were on time, professional, and the cab ride home was one of my favorite moments of the evening. Our pictures are great, too!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Colleen · Married on 04/16/2011

Very friendly and flexible! It was a fun way to leave the reception.

Sent on 07/30/2011

Emily · Married on 10/09/2009

Driver was great and our photos with the cab are gorgeous!

Only caution is that their is very little A/C in the back so let the men in tuxes and nervous moms and brides know things can get a bit sticky if it's hot out.

Sent on 11/05/2009

Natalie · Married on 04/17/2010

Prompt and reliable, they were they when they said they’d be and were responsive to phone and email; also a lot cheaper than a limo.

Sent on 05/04/2010

Melissa Mcbryde · Married on 05/04/2019

Great service

We had a great experience with Charleston Black Cab Company. We used their service to depart from our wedding on 5/4/19. Very professional and considerate driver. Easy to work with.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Kelly · Married on 07/27/2013

3.0

Wish we could have had them for a half hour before and after the wedding instead of having to rent for an hour on each end but they were great.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Gina · Married on 02/18/2012

We only used them for end of night transportation for my husband and me back to the hotel. Overall it was a fun experience, but apparently the cab driver was unfamiliar with the area b/c he got lost at least twice going from Boone Hall to the hotel...and he had a GPS so I'm not really sure what the issue was there...

Sent on 02/28/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/17/2009

3.0

The Black Cab was the perfect way to end our night (and much more budget friendly than renting a classic car!) The only problem was trying to get in touch with someone to book the car. We called twice, then had to have our wedding planner call a few times.

Sent on 11/23/2009

3.0

Everyone I spoke to was extremely professional, as well as our drivers. We reserved an 11 passenger van to shuttle the wedding party to and from the reception/hotel and the church. They were on time and very helpful. The only thing I was disappointed with was the van itself. It was not the one they had pictured on their website, but rather an older no frills church type van. Other than that, they were great and overall I would recommend them!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Kendra · Married on 10/04/2008

3.5
      3.5

You can rent old timey English looking cars. They are $85/hour. We used ours as a Getaway car and they are really cute! The only thing, I thought the tip was included, and the guy said it wasnt, and I felt awkward since neither me or my husband had cash for a tip.

Sent on 10/22/2008

Lexie · Married on 03/26/2011

4.2
      2.5

We used the black cab as our gettaway car after the wedding. It was neat but just a quick ride to the hotel. Our coordinator made the arrangements for us.

Sent on 04/21/2011

David · Married on 09/23/2012

4.2
      3.0

We hired YCC (formerly Charleston Black Cab) to drive us to our wedding venue. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of our driver - but she was very friendly and helpful. James, the name of the cab - we took a picture, was very clean and spacious. It was definitely a neat experience - cleaner than a cab and less expensive than a town car or limo. I regret that I cannot give them 5 stars, but do so only because they have a 2 hour minimum for what was only a 20 drive for us.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Molly · Married on 07/07/2012

3.8
      3.0

The Black Cab Company was extremely prompt and responsive when it came to scheduling the transportation! They arrived at the venue early with the car requested which was wonderful. Unfortunately when we finally left our wedding I was disappointed when we got in the car....it was extremely warm even after I asked for the air to be turned up. The driver had obnoxious party music blaring and even when my groom asked for the volume to be turned down it the volume was slightly lowered. I feel that the Cab was definitely not worth the amount we paid for the service and the ambiance promised was not provided! I would have defintely changed the transportation we used if I had to do it over!

Sent on 07/17/2012

k · Married on 01/26/2008

3.8
      2.0

They were hard to get a hold of, but once we had them booked they totally came trough for us! Really nice british style cabs!

Sent on 07/17/2008

Millicent · Married on 09/20/2008

3.4
      3.0

I rented 3 black cabs for my husband and I, the bridesmaids, and the groomsmen. They were very clean and smelled good inside. They arrived on time to pick us up from the chapel. The drivers were very courteous and manuevered well through traffic. It was a little costly at $75 an hour per cab (the special wedding rate) when normally that same route would have been $15 one-way if it wasnt a wedding party. However, I believe the increased cost is for convenience of having the cabs ready, sparkling clean and on-time to wait until pictures are completed. I dont regret booking them and would do so again.

Sent on 10/01/2008

Laura · Getting married on 11/05/2019

2.0

One Star Company Treatment

One Star Company Treatment
    We booked for a bachelorette with 12 women. There was an all and all relatively minor issue during the evening, which involved the driver, Josh. He told me to call him when we got the bill at dinner. I called him once. No answer. Called him again a few minutes later. No answer. I then texted him… no response. He then called me back and apologized and said he was working on a bus in the fleet that had broken down and would be there as soon as possible. Fast forward 20 minutes- he still wasn’t there. I called him and had a discussion about expectations for the evening and then he made it to the venue within the next 2 minutes. He genuinely apologized and the rest of the night was completely fine. At the end of the night he apologized again and said he would take off some of his gratuity and would reimburse us for the time we didn’t use (2 hours)- which I didn’t ask for, but he said would be no problem, and he said several times would be no problem and they would reimburse us. I said great, thank you that would be appreciated for the inconvenience earlier. Fast forward to two days later, I reach out to Josh regarding the reimbursement- no answer. I contact the company- they have no idea to what I am referring. I speak to several team-members and then finally the manager and then owner. Josh says that he never said that I would be reimbursed and that he never went to go work on a bus in the fleet. The owner says that that would never happen and that would be absurd and starts lecturing me why that would be ridiculous. I let him know that what he is saying is indicating that I am a liar and then he says that our group was “too drunk” to finish our tour and would pay us an hour back in return for not writing a poor review. At first I complied to help with cost for the group, and then called him back and said I would rather pay full price and write a review and let others know what they were getting themselves into. I was not intoxicated that evening and the fact they think they can just throw promises around or call their patrons liars infuriates me. Keep the money. The treatment of your customers is disgusting.

Sent on 04/16/2019