Chapel Dulcinea Reviews

195 | Austin, TX

195 Reviews for Chapel Dulcinea

Amanda · Married on 03/15/2014

This is an amazingly beautiful Chapel to get married at. My husband and I had our wedding at Dulcinea yesterday and were so pleased with the gorgeous hill top views and scenery. What a special place to solidify love and unity as couple. We had a beautiful wedding at Dulcinea and highly recommend this Chapel for anyone wanting an outdoor ceremony. Amanda Chavers,

Sent on 03/16/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/08/2014

So romantic and beautiful even in the freezing cold wind and rain. Great value! Very helpful and nice staff. It's small, but we easily fit 60 people. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 03/10/2014

Dulce · Married on 02/15/2014

Chapel Dulcinea and the Veranda room are so beautiful and such a wonderful package, my guest fell in love with the scenery.

Sent on 02/28/2014

The chapel and Canadian Diamond Pavilion were the perfect setting for our wedding and mini-reception. It was a beautiful ceremony. The only downside was the 1.5 hour went by very fast!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Kristine · Married on 11/11/2013

We were very pleased with Chapel Dulcinea. Their website makes everything easy to use. The facilities are incredible and FREE!!! Its a beautiful location.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Erin · Married on 10/19/2013

Chapel Dulcinea is one of those beautiful outdoor places that people don't know of, but once they've been, it stays with them forever.

All of my guests made it a point to tell me just how beautiful our ceremony site was. The Chapel is so cute and quaint, and the natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country was the perfect backdrop to my perfect wedding day.

The Chapel itself has 6 stone benches, and is charmingly lit with gas lamps (we opted to sponsor the gas lamps in memory of friends and family). They place a sign with whatever you want on the path leading to the Chapel for a mere $25.

There is a sweet water feature in the Chapel itself which adds to it's endearing charm.

At the outer edges of the grounds around the chapel are 3 plaques, each with a saying which ties in to the theme of marriage. I enjoyed showing them to my husband when we went out to look at the Chapel prior to our wedding.

All of my guests (75 or less) were comfortably seated beneath the roof of the chapel, and all were able to view the ceremony.

My guests, as well as my husband and I, truly enjoyed getting to ring the chapel bell to signify our commitment to one another.

As an added bonus, there is a small pavilion down the path from the Chapel, as well as some lovely photo locations on the grounds.

There is also a changing room for brides (or your groom) to use.

Chapel Dulcinea also rents chairs ($4/chair if you rent 30 days or more prior to your wedding, and $6/chair if you rent less than 30 days out prior to your wedding). They set them up for you as well.

For $400 as a "No Show Deposit" which can be refunded to you 100% on your wedding day, there is just no more beautiful place in the Texas Hill Country for a wedding, and certainly not for that price!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Tammi · Married on 09/23/2013

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting for our private wedding ceremony. And what better value?? Chapel Dulcinea offers FREE weddings! We chose to donate a portion of our reservation fee and wish we could have done more. The chapel is absolutely gorgeous and we were thrilled to have our ceremony on their beautiful campus!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Molly · Married on 09/18/2013

My daughters wedding was on a wednesday so there was no problem with scheduling. However, I know that the weekends fill up quickly so if you want a weekend wedding at the beautiful location, you need to plan well in advance. It is a perfect place for a sweet simple ceremony, and the best part is that it is free! There is a small deposit required to book, which we donated to the facility and felt it was worth every penny. We also used the Canadian Diamond Pavilion for the reception which was great! However, my advice is to purchase the Cake and Champagne toast they offer and let them to do the work of setting it up etc. I brought a cake, punch table decorations etc. And it was too much for me to try and do in the 1 1/2 hours time you are allowed for wedding and reception.

Sent on 09/28/2013

Pamela · Married on 09/14/2013

My son and daughter in law had their wedding at Chapel Dulcinea. It was absolutely the most gorgeous place I've ever been to for a wedding. When I found out that it was free, I couldn't believe it. We would have gladly paid to have their wedding in such a beautiful place. The pastor that married them and the staff were absolutely wonderful too. And the bell, all I can say is WOW!I can't recommend Chapel Dulcinea enough. Do it, you'll never forget it.

Sent on 10/30/2013

When we decided to have our ceremony at the Chapel, we knew we made the right decision. Even though the weather was hot, to our surprise we had so many people at our ceremony. The guests loved the scenery and felt the need to walk around for the view. The staff was very helpful on our day and made sure all guests were accommodated. We would recommend Chapel Dulcinea for future weddings. It truly made our day very special.

Sent on 09/28/2013

Hotter then all get out but more beautiful than I could have imagined. The pictures were great, the staff was so responsive and the location was just dreamy. I recommend it to everyone.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Stephanie & Bob · Married on 08/12/2013

Chapel Dulcinea is a "free chapel" at the Wizard Academy just south of Austin, TX. The venue is beautiful for a day or evening wedding. The chapel is non-denominational so you are "free" to have the ceremony of your dreams. They ask for a deposit but are more than willing to return the deposit on the day of the ceremony. Look them up on their website. If you are planning a wedding, give them some consideration!

Sent on 09/15/2013

daniella · Married on 07/20/2013

No one could believe it was free!!!

We ordered a package and used the Veranda room. It was spectacular...literally stunning.

I'm still speechless!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Lindsey · Married on 07/20/2013

Beautiful! Can't beat the view or price.

Sent on 12/09/2013

Chapel Dulcinea is a stunning location for a wedding. The hillside surroundings are the only decorations needed at this chapel. The reception room (Veranda) is cute and was perfect for a my small wedding. All my guest complimented the chapel and reception hall for its beauty and quality. The staff is wonderful to talk with and will help you with whatever concerns you need. My wife loved the location, which makes me a happy man!

Sent on 07/12/2013

Allison · Married on 06/22/2013

Chapel Dulcinea is the perfect location for an outdoor ceremony, and you can't be the price! It's free, just make sure to sign in on your wedding day to collect your refund of the small deposit you make when you secure your wedding date. This Chapel books up really fast, so if your interested in this location book it super early. You really can't beat the beautiful vista and chapel. People who couldn't attend the wedding told me they thought it was some exotic locale.

Sent on 07/13/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/13/2013

I cannot begin to describe the beauty of Chapel Dulcinea. I had a very small, intimate wedding here. The grounds and chapel are breathtaking and beautifully taken care of. The people are very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this site.

Sent on 06/20/2013

Louise · Married on 03/22/2013

We chose this for my daughter's wedding. I can't think of a more perfect place. It was beautiful. We had so many positive comments from guests. It was nice to see families walking around taking photos with their families. The staff at Chapel Dulcinea was wonderful and very accommodating. Thanks you to the sponsors and staff of Chapel Dulcinea for providing such a wonderful venue for those who are on a budget or not. It was perfect!
    L. Foskett

Sent on 03/26/2013

Cheryl · Married on 03/10/2013

This is the most beautiful, free chapel in the world. After you are married, you ring a bell that echoes across the hill country. So special and scenic.

Sent on 03/21/2013

Roxanne · Married on 02/24/2013

This venue is absolutely beautiful. We had an intimate ceremony and had our ceremony in the Veranda Room. It was perfect. The staff are all very helpful and make the experience "worry free".
    There is a reason this place has a year wait list.
    It's worth the wait.

Sent on 02/26/2013

Chapel Dulcinea's reply:

Thank you very much for your review on Wedding Wire. We're delighted you chose to use our venues and wish you and your spouse all the best.

The staff of Chapel Dulcinea

Janice · Married on 11/12/2012

I thank Chapel Dulcinea for making it our once in a lifetime experience...
    We had a small budget and didn't have much time to plan our wedding.
    This wedding venue is in the Hill Country south of Austin and is simply breath-taking!!!
    Great for a small, intimate and low-budget wedding.
    We had ours on a Monday and the staff went above and beyond to open the bride's room for us to get ready since there wasn't a wedding before-hand.
    This venue is basically free...what can beat that with impeccable views and the most gorgeous set-up.
    Use this venue!!!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Sara · Married on 10/28/2012

Chapel Dulcinea is such an amazing place. Everyone was really nice that I talked to. They do book months in advance. Plan accordingly. I got married 10/28/2012 at 9:30am and it was a bit chilly but the view was amazing with so many options for photos. Also, getting married in the morning made for some amazing lighting for photography. I would definitely splurge on the $25.00 for the gas lamps also, I loved how they came out in the photos. Loved this chapel.

Sent on 11/16/2012
  • User2209632 · 2+ years ago

Beautiful! Recommend evening ceremonies or avoid summer months due to heat. Venue was the perfect size and price (free) for us!

Sent on 01/24/2013

This is a great place for small weddings. The staff is friendly and the setting is perfect! You can't find a better place in Austin for free. Make sure you reserve your date/time early because it gets filled fast. Chapel Dulcinea will provide chairs for a fee. There is a bridal changing room and a little area for cake. If you have your ceremony here, be sure to check out Chaplain Larry Todd, he has done many ceremonies here and is incredible!

Sent on 03/17/2013
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/06/2012

First of all, who doesn't love a free chapel? Second of all, I don't think I could have found a more lovely and charming little chapel for our small, destination wedding. It was truly magical. All of our guests were RAVING about the location and our family absolutely loved it. If you are looking for an intimate and beautiful setting for your big day, be sure to check out Chapel Dulcinea! It's stunning!!!!

Sent on 04/10/2012