Chapel Dulcinea Reviews

196 | Austin, TX

196 Reviews for Chapel Dulcinea

Melanie · Married on 01/22/2016

This is the perfect venue to get married. The weather was just right for our special day and the location is on point. The views are gorgeous and there's even a bell you can ring once you are officially wed. I will forever hold this place near and dear in my heart and I know my family will as well!

Sent on 01/27/2016

This venue was absolutely amazing, we loved everything about it. The chapel is so pretty and so are all the grounds. We eloped here with just our kids, we had a minister's package with minister and photography that we got from the websites vendor list. Everything went smoothly and the weather was perfect. They have a private bride's room for the bride to get ready in w/ a shared public bathroom. The grooms room was just a big room on the opposite side of the building, my husband said it wasn't very private as it had big windows in it that were not very tinted but it worked for them because they got dressed fast. I would recommend this place to everyone simply because you can't beat the price, location and uniqueness. It's a 200 hold fee that you get back once you check in for your ceremony so it's basically free.

Sent on 02/26/2016

Hope · Married on 12/26/2015

We could not have picked a better, more beautiful and serene venue for our wedding. I had been stalking the Chapel for months.. or longer and when we picked our date I picked our place.. Chapel Dulcinea. The pictures don't even do it justice.. it's simply breathtakingly lovely and calming and dare I say magical out there and I suggest that nearly-weds check it out in person beforehand as it's awe-inspiring beauty is best understood in person. We got our money (the "no-show" fee) back when we showed up on time for our wedding and we donated some of the money to the Chapel in the hopes that other couples can witness the majesty as well. I tell everyone I know to go get hitched at Chapel Dulcinea, where it's affordable and wonderful! :)

Sent on 12/28/2015

Meagan · Married on 12/04/2015

My fiancé and I found and booked Chapel Dulcinea from out of town. It looked so beautiful that we just went for it and it could not have been more beautiful! We got married in early December and the weather was perfect, low 60s. The 3:30 time slot allowed us to get some beautiful pictures with the sun setting in the background after the ceremony. We had about 50 guests and with the chairs the chapel set up we had plenty of seating. Our guests could not believe how stunning the scenery was and you would not be able to find another venue this beautiful for the price. We had our reception down the road at an Italian restaurant called Trattoria Lisina. Between the chapel and Trattora Lisina we were blown away and could not have been more happy with every aspect of our wedding day!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Katherine · Married on 11/16/2015

Beautiful and special location! The service providers (photographer Bill Peary, Terra Vista strings, and Reverend Linda) associated with the chapel were wonderful as well! The bell ringing was especially memorable for our children! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Caitlin · Married on 11/14/2015

Absolutely wonderful. Ours was the last wedding of the evening, so it was completely dark outside. If you're planning a night time wedding rest assured it will be lovely. The gas lights at the chapel provide plenty of warm lighting. The path to the chapel is fairly well lit. The bridal room is small but comfortable, and also lit warmly which is good for photos. You can use the adjoining bathroom for better lighting for beauty needs. It's a little far out there but it's free and beautiful.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Alex · Married on 11/12/2015

Despite the fact that we had weddings booked directly before and after ours, our day was completely smooth and effortless. Our communication with Chapel Dulcinea was equally as easy. We placed a deposit, received a confirmation email, showed up, got married, and left. It really was that easy. The grounds are incredibly well maintained. My husband and I were impressed with how nice everything looked and even better than the photos we had seen. The rooms they have on site for the bride and groom to dress in are adorable, and the old truck on site that is available for pictures is the perfect backdrop for photos. The Chapel is a little bit of a walk up hill so if you don't normally walk in heels, prepare for a little walk. It was gorgeous, the staff was courteous, and we had the perfect day! Donate your deposit if you wish, they obviously take exquisite care of their grounds!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Maranda · Married on 11/09/2015

If you are looking for a beautiful outdoor venue in the hills of Austin TX- look no further! We couldn't have had a more perfect wedding and reception! Nature was our decor! Serene sunlight, crisp breeze- oh and did I mention FREE?! We got to ring the chapel bell to announce to the world we are now husband and wife!! Best day ever!!!!

Sent on 11/12/2015

The chapel is breathtaking and so peaceful. It was the perfect spot for my intimate wedding. The view is what really made this chapel stand out. Everyone was super easy to work with.

Sent on 12/12/2015

This venue is absolutely perfect for a small, intimate and beautiful ceremony. Our wedding day was very drizzly but the chapel and landscaping looked breathtaking and perfect even in the rain. It truly made our wedding very special and we will forever treasure that place. It made our ceremony feel personal, real and holy. There is no other place in the world I would have rather gotten married and I say that sincerely. What a great gift Wizard Academy has given to the world.

Sent on 01/01/2016

Our guests loved the chapel. Was the perfect size and place. Our ceremony was beautiful, rain and all.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Remy · Married on 10/11/2015

I'm so happy to have gotten married here!! It is an easy 20 minute drive from my house and it is GORGEOUS there!! My kids, who were a part of the ceremony, weren't a big fan of us ringing the bell as it was loud, but it was such a neat place to get married. :) You do have to clean up after yourself when you get dressed, but it's FREE, so it's the least you could do! Pictures don't do this venue justice--it may look small and you won't be able to fit a lot of people, but we had at least 20 people and it was perfect. Very small ceremony and it was perfect. I will warn you, though, I got married at 8:30 AM, so we had a lot of shadows in our wedding pictures because of the open areas of the chapel, but since those aren't super important to me, I was okay with it. :)

Sent on 11/04/2015

Chapel Dulcinea was the perfect location for our wedding. The staff made planning seamless and everything went exactly according to plan. There were lots of great spots for photos, both in the chapel and beyond. It's amazing that it's truly free! I highly recommend Chapel Dulcinea for small- to mid-sized weddings.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Logan · Married on 09/18/2015

We married on September 18 at around 7 o'clock p.m.
    The view, the weather, everything was absolutely PERFECT. we had about 20 guest, and there was plenty of room to sit everyone without needing additional seating. We had a sand ceremony and there was just enough space! I highly recommend using this venue for a small personal wedding. We did not do any additional decorating other than the table we did the sand ceremony on. Hope this helps, I absolutely LOVED it!!
    -One Happy Bride

Sent on 10/12/2015

Emily · Married on 09/12/2015

perfect in every way!!!!!!! It was so beautiful!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Best view and a perfect venue for weddings.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Chapel Dulcinea is a beautiful venue- and to boot it is free, as long as you show up and get married. Although some may say they are not flexible, they are most certainly up front about their policies. They are also super responsive and helpful with questions about the venue, fees, additional options, etc.

Sent on 10/01/2015
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 08/01/2015

My experience with Chapel Dulcinea was wonderful! They were always very responsive to my emails and phone calls and the venue is beautiful. The day of our ceremony was our first time there and they promptly gave us a tour of the grounds and let us into the bride and groom suites early. Our deposit refund was waiting for us when we arrived. They have a great gift shop with keepsake champagne glasses you can purchase in case you didn't bring any.

Sent on 09/06/2015
  • Roxanne

Roxanne · Married on 07/08/2015

I stumbled across this venue on my hunt for a beautiful location for an intimate wedding. This location was perfect for my now husband & I. We both loved the scenic views and the history behind Chapel Dulcinea. Located in the Hill Country--but is advertised as in Austin (way South, Driftwood) we truly loved the romantic feel of this place.

I actually feel really lucky due to no other couples sharing our wedding date because we slightly ran over our time which is easy to do when given a one and half hour time slot. We are truly thankful for the Chapel Dulcinea staff working with us and our wonderful wedding coordinator Choria Womack!

Our guests were in awe! We are so happy that we found a place that pleased everyone and that the weather was working in our favor. Our ceremony was held at sunset and for July in Texas there was a very nice breeze.

The only suggestion I would have is for the parking exits being labeled more clearly after dark, multiple guests had issues exiting but this was only a minor downfall.

The venue is truly magical and the views are breath taking.

Sent on 07/16/2015
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 06/01/2015

The Chapel was beautiful! Perfect for a small wedding of 32 guests.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Danielle · Married on 05/25/2015

Chapel Dulcinea was a perfect spot for our wedding!! Even though there were historic floods on our wedding day, the rain held off just long enough. The pictures came out beautifully and the staff was easy to work with! We ended up renting 38 chairs for our wedding of 55 people. Also make sure to get yourselves some engraved wine glasses in the giftshop to remember your day!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Priscilla · Married on 04/23/2015

It such a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere! Our small wedding was intimate and special. There are many places to take breathtaking pictures. It's was such a pleasure to have had our special day at such a wonderful little chapel.

Sent on 04/26/2015

I am so glad that we got married at Chapel Dulcinea for our wedding ceremony. It is situated in a beautiful location and was the perfect size for our intimate wedding of 33 guests. We received many compliments from our guests about the Chapel and everyone enjoyed exploring the surrounding grounds. The staff was very helpful, easy to get in touch with, and responsive during the planning process and everything went smoothly and on time on the day of the event. This is a wonderful venue, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an intimate, outdoor wedding. Even though it is free we will be making a donation. So glad this little Chapel exists!

Sent on 04/24/2015

This is a beautiful chapel and the staff is very attentive and communicate in a very timely and professional manner!!

Sent on 03/29/2015
  • User4441918 · 2+ years ago

This turned out to be the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony. The staff was great about returning our emails and answering all questions. The day of our wedding everything went smoothly and the chapel and view is out of this world; so beautiful. We had some younger people in our group say they all wanted to get married there. Our ceremony was at 7pm and we captured some of the gorgeous sunset peeking through the chapel windows. It was beyond romantic. Ringing the bell is like the icing on the cake, announcing to the whole world it is official, we are married.

Sent on 03/13/2015