Ceresville Mansion Reviews

Ceresville Mansion 6
Ceresville Mansion 7
  • Adriane

Adriane · Married on 05/31/2013

Absolutely loved this venue, and loved the staff even more. My wedding was not only the most fun and happiest days of my and my husband’s life, but it was for our guests as well. Ceresville has such an incredible staff to keep your special day and evening flowing perfectly. They make their own food on site and it is SO delicious (and for us, not having to find an outside caterer was extremely convenient). Our guests raved about the dinner! The price for renting the mansion is very competitive, and they offer more benefits than many other venues that I had visited. The staff truly goes out of their way to make sure the bride and groom are happy and cared for throughout the wedding day and night. You are catered to from the moment you step onto the property until the moment you leave. Cannot say enough good things, other than THANK YOU, CERESVILLE!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Harriet · Married on 05/26/2013

Jenni and the staff at Ceresville Mansion have provided two weddings now for our family. My older daughter was married there in 2007, and the younger one in May of 2013. Both experiences were a pleasure from our very first meeting with Jenni, to the final goodbyes as they helped us to load gifts and flowers into our car at the end of the evening. The staff at Ceresville are highly professional, skilled, flexible and very pleasant to work with. They provide a level of support that leads to a beautiful wedding with a minimum of stress. I always felt that they were working in the background to ensure that nothing fell through the cracks or was forgotten. This allowed us to just relax and enjoy this highly memorable celebration with our guests. I especially appreciated the wonderful working relationships that the Ceresville staff have developed with other local wedding vendors, such as the DJ, limo company, florist, etc. This made everything work so smoothly. And the food is fantastic!

We received so many compliments from friends and family who felt that Ceresville Mansion provided a venue with just the right combination of elegance and fun.

Sent on 06/06/2013

If you want to relax and enjoy your wedding, Ceresville Mansion is the perfect venue. From the beginning, their experienced staff made everything flow smoothly. Consultation with a wedding coordinator is part of the package, and you will be guided through each step of the planning process. They are also able to recommend vendors. I was thrilled with all of my vendors, and I am very particular. On the day of my wedding, Wayne, a separate wedding coordinator specifically for the rehearsal and wedding day, made sure everything was set up exactly right, and guided us effortlessly through our ceremony and reception. There was also a bridal attendant, who made sure we had everything we needed, including food and beverages on arrival, and was also attentive to my mother. My husband joked about the bridal attendant, “I should have married her. She kept bringing me things all day before I even asked for them.” We were both thrilled with every aspect of our wedding day, and floated through the event. All of our guests told us repeatedly what a beautiful, elegant, and fun wedding it was. They raved about the lovely setting, the service, how delicious and artfully presented the food was, and the great music. Some of the older guests commented on how much they appreciated that they were graciously greeted in the parking lot and guided into the mansion. Every detail and every guest was attended to, without requiring any worry on the part of the bridal party. Weddings are what Ceresville does, and they have it down to a science, and yet every wedding is treated as special. After the wedding, everything was already packed and boxed up for us, and they helped us load the car. It was a stress free and joyful experience from start to finish.

Sent on 09/20/2013

We instantly felt good about Ceresville Mansion when we first visited it on our hunt to find the ideal spot for a beautiful wedding with a limited guest list (about 35 guests total). Although the Mansion can handle larger parties, they were willing to work with us and our small group when other places were not. In fact, since we had an off-season wedding (April), they were able to offer a very reasonably priced wedding with no minimum fee which is very important for couples having a small wedding. The mansion is beautiful and the staff at Ceresville Mansion are expert, friendly, and supportive. They handle everything from planning, to having tastings, to recommending high quality vendors. The staff made the difficult easy and the nervous relaxed.

From the beginning, our "in-house wedding planner", Stephanie, guided us through the process in a professional, knowledgeable, and friendly way. She was there at every step of the way leading up to the wedding and always treated us with respect and a friendly smile. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding. On our big day, Melissa took over as our 'wedding coordinator" for the whole process. Again, she was professional, friendly, efficient, and calming. I cannot give her a higher recommendation.

The wedding went beautifully and without a hitch. I can't imagine all the working parts that went on behind the scenes to make it come together but it was a well oiled machine and the fact that neither my wife or I had to worry about anything at any point of the day except our vows, speaks volumes about the quality of Ceresville Mansion. You should go see this place!

Sent on 06/25/2013

We had our wedding at Ceresville Mansion and it was amazing. The staff was so friendly. Planning the wedding was amazing and easy. Our coordinator was extremely responsive to any e-mail or phone call we made. They took care to make sure they were very honest in their answers to all of our questions. On the day of the wedding we had a waitress dedicated to the bridal party which was amazing. Our waitress was super nice and she made sure we had everything we needed. Also our day of planner was extremely helpful and nice. She let us focus on getting married and we didn't have to worry about anything that was going on because she was great in keeping us in the loop of what was happening and getting everything done perfectly. At the end of the night, they were also super helpful and helped get all of our stuff together and put into our car before we left. They performed above and beyond every expectation we had. Also the food was amazing. We went to two tastings and we had a hard time choosing our meals because everything tasted was so amazing. On our wedding day, the food tasted even better which amazed us. We couldn't have asked for a better location for our wedding.

Sent on 04/28/2013
  • Vivian

Vivian · Married on 03/23/2013

We had the best wedding over the weekend at Ceresville! The venue not only provided all the coordination flawlessly, they made us feel at home and without any stress. My guests loved the mansion as it is very well maintained. One of my guests informed me that out of several weddings that she and her husband had been over the past year, Ceresville is definitely the best! My husband has noticed that the staff checked with out guests throughout the reception to make sure that everyone has what they want and need. I couldn't be happier with Ceresville, they went above and beyond with my expectations from meeting with the for the first time to our leaving. Absolutely highly recommended~

Sent on 03/28/2013

victoria · Married on 03/17/2013

My experience in planning our daughters wedding celebration was stress free thanks to Jenni at Ceresville. She was there every step of the way . She was very patient and accommodating with my requests and changes I made along the way during the planning. We all need a "Jenni" when planning this type of event. Everything went smoothly when the day arrived . The staff were absolutely amazing !

Sent on 04/03/2013

I had an amazing experience at Ceresville. The staff met all my expectations and was very understanding. Jessica was pleasant to work with. The staff worked with us through our wedding making it as stress free as possible. Our guests were amazed at the professional service they received from the entrance all the way through to the end of our wedding. I am truly pleased with everything this Mansion offered us.

Sent on 03/12/2013

Reena · event on 02/02/2013

We were looking for a small and intimate place for our daughter's sweet 16 party, when we stumbled on Ceresville Mansion. It was like dream come true. The historical mansion that dates back to 1888 is small, elegant and feels like poetry with chandeliers, fireplaces and mirrors. The ballroom (just perfect for 120 guests) is gorgeous with windows that opens up to a breathtaking pergola and pool. The very moment I stepped in, I was in love.

Our planner, Jessica, worked endlessly with us for five months as we decided on the menu, the decorations and other essentials. They were flexible and worked diligently to craft a menu that appealed to our Indian and American palate.

We had the whole house to ourselves on the day of the party. The girls used the changing rooms (for the bride and the groom) to dress up, do their make up and even to sit and relax.

The staff at Cereville Mansion left no stone unturned to welcome the guests and made them feel right at home. With people driving in NJ and beyond in snow, many were late, however, the staff was right there at the parking lot to direct the traffic, show them the way, take their coats and direct them to the ballroom.

My planner had said, "I want you to enjoy your party and leave everything to us."

And that's exactly what they did.

For four hours and beyond, they were right there attending to every little need of the guests.

Everyone raved about the food. We had opted for their Holiday menu, although lot of changes were made. The kids loved the stuffed pasta shells and the chicken with lemon and rosemary and the ice cream crepe was just heavenly.

Whether you're looking for a venue for your wedding or even a formal/informal birthday party, I highly recommend Cereville Mansion.

Sent on 02/07/2013

100000% satisfied with Ceresville Mansion. We LOVED working with the staff (Tom, Kate, and Jessica - outstanding!!), the service was unparalleled, our guests are STILL talking about the food and the location was everything we dreamed of. From planning, to the tasting, to our BIG day, we loved every moment with Ceresville. We had 134 guests who fit perfectly - we were worried there would not be enough space for everyone on the dance floor but there were absolutely no issues. We had a DJ and a photobooth and decided to do food throughout the night rather than a plated dinner. Ceresville was open to every idea we had and executed our event without a single hitch. We HIGHLY recommended the mansion to anyone looking for a perfect wedding spot.

Sent on 01/26/2013

Maria · Married on 11/02/2012

I would recommend the Ceresville Mansion to anyone! This place is absolutely AMAZING both inside and out! My husband and I had an evening ceremony in their outside courtyard, the pictures turned out STUNNING! The pond that sits in the center of the yard is beautiful and so romantic. I also can't say enough about their staff. They are all so kind and extreemely professional. Meghan Butler was my wedding coordinator and I will never be able to thank her enough for all of what she did for us to make our day special! Maureen took care of us the day of the wedding and her attention to our needs was remarkable. Wayne was also there and he made sure that the wedding ran smoothly and was a success! I have not one negative comment to make about this place. All of my guests had an awesome time! Many expressed how attentive the staff was throughout the entire reception. I also received many compliments on the food served. It was delicious! PERFECT place for both a ceremony and a reception. If I could rate them higher than 5 stars, I WOULD!!!

Sent on 11/16/2012

Teresa & Travis · Married on 10/14/2012

Ceresville Mansion/Meghan Butler (Event Planner): The Ceresville Mansion staff was exceptional in every way. Everything from event planning, to rehearsal run-through, to the culinary expertise was top notch! Our wedding guests are still raving about the reception food. Our event planner, Meghan Butler, was professional, detail-oriented, and assisted us every step of the way through personal meetings, emails, and phone conversations. Meghan was always available when needed and promptly returned answers to our questions. From initial pre-planning meetings to final detail appointments, Meghan was able to answer all of our questions, alleviate our typical bride/groom stressful concerns, and happily make accommodations for our special requests. She walked us through the entire process every step of the way and took the pressure off all of the detail work. She was always there to greet us with a smile from our initial meeting...until the time we left the mansion as husband and wife. Thank you to Meghan and all of the Ceresville Mansion staff...you made the whole wedding process a fun and enjoyable experience! Sincerely ~ Travis & Teresa

Sent on 12/18/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/12/2012

Ceresville was an exceptional venue. Our wedding coordinator helped throughout the entire process and on the wedding day, I didn't worry about anything! The candles, table linens, and menu they provided were exceptional. The wedding day went on without a hitch and it's all to them working behind the scenes with the vendors and coordinating everything. I can't thank them enough for all they have done.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Coreen · Married on 10/07/2012

My husband and I were planning our wedding in MD from TX and that is certainly no easy task to do on your own! Before we moved to TX, we came across Ceresville Mansion on the internet. They were our first and only venue tour. The place is gorgeous and impeccably well maintained! From beginning to end they were incredibly professional and everything was like clock work. Jenni Miesner was our main point of contact through out the entire process and she was an angel!! She was so flexible and was happy to do everything via email and telephone. We also never had to remember a thing! We were sent reminders about everything and she coordinated the timelines of all of the vendors. The day of went off with military precision! Wayne, our day-of coordinator, made it so we did not have to think one bit (which is the LAST thing we wanted to have to do!). He had everything coordinated perfectly from the rehearsal through the reception! They were just amazing and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/09/2012

Molly · Married on 10/05/2012

I can't say enough about Ceresville! They made my day perfect. Stephanie is the best! She responded to every email promptly and made sure all the details were perfect. She really made me feel special and was always patient with me! Everything went flawlessly and I owe it to them!

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • AA

anarly · Married on 09/23/2012

I love this place!! Everyone in my wedding said how beautiful everything looked and how good the food was! I was thrilled with Ceresville! They made my day complete! I had Stephanie Norton as my event planner and she was wonderful, professional, responsive, etc!! I loved her! Ceresville was great to work with and a beautiful place on its own!

Sent on 10/19/2012

I love this place so muc. Its is beautiful and the staff is AWESOME!!!. My guest are still speaking highly of the quality of the Mansion. And Jenni Miesner is the best!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Excellent Venue. This is a nice old fashion mansion located in Frederick. It has been remodeled and looks very classy and new. I love the back patio which is very elegant.

Sent on 01/13/2013

A+++
    Beautiful venue, great food and the staff super helpful and professional.
    Thanks to the staff, my wedding went according to schedule otherwise everything would have fallen apart!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/30/2012

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with Ceresville Mansion. Meghan, our event coordinator, was so accomodating and helpful. The entire event staff was wonderful the day of the wedding along with everything that lead up to that day. It was a scorcher and there was a terrible storm the night before but the day went off without a hitch. The food was delicious and the guests had a wonderful time. Thank you to all the event staff that was there that day. It was a magical day for me and my husband. Beautiful!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2012

Ceresville Mansion was absolutely the best wedding decision I made! I choose this venue after receiving an email from theknot.com suggesting it. Loved what I saw on the website, called the mansion immediately, drove 2 hours that day to go see it for myself, and booked it! I even already had another venue booked which I lost $800 for canceling but Ceresville was so worth it! The staff at Ceresville Mansion are so friendly, professional, and helpful! Jenni Meisner was my coordinator who was with me from the day I went to check out the location until the day I got married! She helped plan and organize everything and answer any questions I had! We were in almost constant communication via email which made the wedding planning go very smoothly. I never had to worry about anything involving the venue. This venue takes care of the catering, tables, chairs, linens, set up, clean up, organization for the wedding day, and sooo much more! I didn't have to worry about a thing. We just showed up on the wedding day, got ready in the 3 rooms provided for the bride, bridesmaids, and groomsmen and groom, and had an amazing day! The "bridal stalker" kept us fed, drinks in our hand when we wanted them, and helped insure every detail was perfect the day of the wedding. It was so nice to have someone there in case anything went wrong and to help with anything. The mansion is beautiful and I could not ask for anything better! My guests were stunned at how amazing everything was. The food was also fantastic!! I loved everything about this venue and my wedding day! Absolutely recommend to anyone looking to get married in the Frederick area!!

Sent on 07/06/2012

Rachel · Married on 06/03/2012

My daughter's wedding was a dream come true. Not a wrinkle, no tiny complication, all because of their amazing venue and their fabulous dedicated staff. Our ceremony was supposed to be outdoors at 6pm, but the weather called for a thunderstorm at exactly that time. This amazing set of people were ON THE PHONE with the weather service every few minutes! They actually did a complete set up, 120 chairs, chuppah, etc. BOTH outdoors and indoors, to make sure. With the latest info, they said we had a window of opportunity, and could have it outdoors if we followed their schedule. We had a blue sky, gorgeous ceremony,unhurried and spiritual...and ten minutes after we came inside for the reception, the heavens opened. If they weren't so caring, so particular, it would have all been very different.
    The food, the atmosphere, the absolutely seamless, invisible attention that went into our dream day were beyond all expectations. The ceremony was orchestrated with great professionalism, so that it felt just natural. The whole evening flowed so that no one in the wedding party had to think about a thing. And people were having such a good time, they suggested we extend the party a half hour, which we did at very minimal cost, and it made the evening complete. We can't say enough about this place.

Sent on 07/01/2012

Stephanie · Married on 06/01/2012

There is not enough positive comment that I can give to express how pleased I was with Ceresville Mansion! Meghan was amazing and very organized! She payed attention to every little detail. I had expressed how much I wanted to have the ceremony outside although the weather was not good. Wayne and Meghan watched the radar up until the last 10 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start. The rain has stopped for 45 minutes and they rushed to set up the ceremony for outside! In the end I was able to have my wish granted! Maureen was my bridal attendant and she did everything to make sure that I was calm and happy! The food was amazing and as we walked around saw that mostly everyone's plate was cleared! Everything was perfect and I dont think that would have been the case without these wonderful people. Not only are the staff great but the venue itself is gorgeous! You hardly need any decoration because it is naturally beautiful! I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/11/2012

From start to finish Ceresville was AWSOME! I had no idea what I was doing and they were there to lend advice without making me feel bad. On the day of my wedding, the "Bridal Stalker" as they are called, was the best, she was super friendly and I really felt she was there for me. I definately recommend Ceresville and I hope to find an excuse to go there myself in the future!

Sent on 05/18/2012

Jenae · Married on 05/10/2012

Ceresville was absolutely beautiful!!! And the service was wonderful!!!! Great place for a wedding!!!!

Sent on 05/15/2012