Ceresville Mansion Reviews

Ceresville Mansion 6
Ceresville Mansion 7
  • X

Xiya · Married on 08/02/2014

My husband lives in NYC and I live in The DMV and Stephanie was very flexible in meeting us on the weekend. The venue is beautiful and required minimal work for me in terms of decorations and planning which is a relief. The location is an hour from DC but even with renting a shuttle for out of town guests staying in DC the entire wedding costs half the price of what I would have paid for a similar venue in the city and we were able to have the venue for much longer. I definitely would recommend to others!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Trazahra · Married on 07/05/2014

My husband and I were married on the terrace at 6:30 p.m, and it turned out to be perfect! The entire staff at Ceresville was so helpful and accommodating. Jenni Meisner was our coordinator, and she did an incredible job working with everyone and making sure things came together the day of. The kitchen staff was able to tweak the menu in order to avoid nut allergies, and the food we picked tasted incredible!

Even though it was a whirlwind day, I will always remember how fun and stress freerour wedding day was thanks to everyone there.

Sent on 08/02/2014

Nicky · Married on 06/20/2014

The service received at Ceresville Mansion is like no other and proves that great customer service still exists. My team Jenni Meisner, Melissa and Lindsey were NOTHING SHORT OF AMAIZING. From the time I signed my contract until my event was completed, all my cares and worries were taken care of swiftly and professionally. They are experts in what they do and it shows. A thousand thank your to the chef, our food was DELICIOUS!!!! I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else and know that it was a great success due to my team at Ceresville. Thank you

Sent on 06/28/2014

Elise · Married on 06/08/2014

When I was 16 I came to Ceresville for a wedding ceremony (did not stay for reception) and ever since then this venue always stuck out in my mind. I did not know the name of the venue I just remembered the beautiful pergola, reflecting pool, & atmosphere. Ever since then I wanted an outdoor wedding.
    When it was time to look for venues I searched and search then I asked my mom if she had remembered this particular venue. She remembered the location and looked it up and sure it enough it was the venue I had remembered.

The next morning we called and set an appointment to check the venue. They were very helpful with everything. If you are military I would strongly suggest this venue. They have a great military rate.

Since day one they have been so helpful. Jessica was amazing to work with, she always responded in a timely manner & made me feel comfortable asking her anything & everything!

I strongly advise going to a tasting so that you can get an idea of the different & delicious food they offer. I needed a vegetarian option & they were more than happy to make the vegetarian option for the night of the tasting. The food is amazing so if you aren't able to make it to a tasting have no worries the food will be great.
    --The tasting night also gives one an idea of how an event will be set up.

Ceresville is a very organized & helpful venue. They made wedding planning a breeze. Rehearsal could not have gone any better. It was very stress free thanks to Jennifer! Jennifer made the rehearsal & our wedding day as stress free as could be.
    It is nice they have an option for rain & they also let you have the choice to have it indoor or outdoor depending on the weather. It almost rained during our ceremony but we wanted to have it outside rain or shine! (there would be seats for people inside)
    I am beyond happy with how our wedding went & everything Ceresville did in preparation for it. They made our wedding more beautiful & enjoyable than I could imagine.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Ceresville made it happen for us. The entire event went without any problems. They provided us with the customized service, an event manager as well as an assistant. They were able to give the bride and groom convenient accommodations. They directed the guests exactly where they needed to go at all times. Not a second of downtime, not a second of boredom. And their food service is great, they are very flexible with their menu and will help you ensure all of your guests are seated and fed. This here is a very hassle-free way to hold your wedding and reception.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/24/2014

From start to finish, Ceresville Mansion served as a fantastic venue. We worked mainly with Jenni, who is incredibly experienced in wedding planning and knows Ceresville inside and out. She put us completely at ease through the whole process. Melissa, our day-of coordinator was equally calm and collected. She was incredibly organized and made all of our family members feel comfortable during the rehearsal and the day of. In addition to being a gorgeous venue, especially for outdoor weddings, the whole staff was incredibly professional and I cannot not think of a single thing that went wrong.

Sent on 06/27/2014

We could not have asked for a better venue to host our wedding ceremony and reception than Ceresville Mansion. We had the pleasure of working closely with Jenni to make sure that every small detail was thought out and plans were made to give us the wedding of our dreams. Jenni was amazing. She helped to keep our planning on track, gave good advice as a seasoned wedding professional, and never made us feel like the wool was being pulled over our eyes when expenses and budget were discussed. She even went the extra mile to be there on my wedding day and see me down the aisle even though my event was in the hands of the extremely capable banquet staff at that point. It was those small little touches that meant the most to us. The guests raved about the food and the service. The night really could not have gone better. If you're looking for a venue that has the whole wedding ceremony and reception thing down to a science, Ceresville is your place!

Sent on 06/02/2014

lauren · Married on 04/11/2014

My son's wedding and reception was held at Ceresville Mansion. We had planned for an outdoor ceremony, but it decided to rain. The staff quickly executed Plan B and we moved the ceremony indoors. You would have never known that we made a last minute change. The entire ceremony was beautiful and the reception to follow was amazing. No detail was spared and the food was delicious (thanks Chef Tom). I would highly recommend Ceresville Mansion for your wedding or any other event where you need a first class option.

Sent on 04/15/2014

Peggy · Married on 04/11/2014

Every person that I have ever talked to who had their wedding at Ceresville Mansion told me how happy they were with their choice, now I know why!!! Ceresville is not only BEAUTIFUL for a wedding & reception, but they go to great lengths to ensure 100% satisfaction! From the very beginning, booking a year ago all the way to the end of the reception, we experienced the most warm & professional staff! Tom and his staff are CLEARLY set on making your wedding the VERY best day of your life! The venue is beautiful, the food is DELICIOUS, and the staff is there to guide you EVERY step of the way! If you are considering Ceresville Mansion for your wedding, BOOK it FAST before someone beats you to it!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Michele · Married on 04/11/2014

Ceresville Mansion is absolutely perfect for anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding. Not only is the venue itself amazing, but the staff is very professional and will do anything they can to make the day what you want it to be. From the beginning, Stephanie, the event coordinator, was easy to get in touch with and very on top of all the details. I was a bride that didn't really know what I wanted, and Stephanie was able to help guide my decisions with food, drinks, table setting, linens, ceremony details, and much more. Tom Heilman, the executive chef, made an amazing spread of food. All night long people were raving about the delicious meal and appetizers. On the day of the wedding, Melissa was by my side helping me every step of the way, making sure I was where I needed to be on time, gathering the bridal party, and keeping everything on schedule. I was very set on having the ceremony outside, but alas, on the day of the wedding, it started to rain. Looking back at the video now, I am almost glad that it did because the inside of the Mansion is just beautiful. Everything about my wedding turned out to be exactly as I wanted it, and a large part in that is because of the staff at Ceresville Mansion. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a quality venue.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/04/2014

Ceresville Mansion was the perfect venue from start to finish! Our coordinator, Jenni, was very responsive and extraordinarily helpful. She guided without being pushy and allowed us to shape the day to reflect us.

The day of our banquet manager, Melissa, was incredible! She was there to answer every question and to provide guidance when requested. She guided us through the rehearsal and decoration. She allowed us to wait until 60 minutes prior to the ceremony to decide on inside or out because of the chilly weather. She handled out vendors with ease and took all of the day of details out of our hands. Our bridal stalker was fantastic. She wasn't overbearing but was there whenever we needed something.

Our guests raved about the food, about the gorgeousness of the venue and how smoothly the night ran. I would highly recommend Ceresville to anyone looking for an intimate venue with the best employees.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Maeghan · Married on 03/22/2014

An excellent staff felt stress free and completely taken care of! Beautiful venue with an excellent catering menu!!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Joe · Married on 11/02/2013

I can't begin to tell how wonderful the Ceresville Staff is. I started out to name the personnel who excelled, but that wouldn't do justice to the many behind the scenes and names I can't remember. The personnel excelled from the time we started to look at venues right through the finish of our event. Thank you so much for the wonderful time and experience we had for our daughters wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2013
  • Y

Yuki · Married on 10/31/2013

AMAZING!!!! I can't say ENOUGH about how awesome the people at Ceresville are. The mansion itself is absolutely gorgeous and charming. You will die when you walk into the Bridal Quarters! I worked with Jessica (who got married at the mansion too, a week prior to me! She was so well-prepared and on top of her game with my event, that I had no idea she was even engaged!!) On the day of, I had Melissa help me, and I even got my own "bridal stalker"; her name was Natalie. Everyone worked together, and on the day-of, I didn't have to lift a finger or freak out about a single thing! I couldn't have found a better team of people to work with!

Sent on 11/22/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I had our wedding on Saturday, October 12 at the Ceresville Mansion and I could not have asked for anything better but to have our wedding here. The Ceresville Mansion was a top notch venue to work with from start to finish. They catered to all of our needs, provided us with the best guidance we could ask for during the planning process and kept us on track when we were steering off the beaten path. Our wedding planner was planning her wedding at the same time, but she never let that get in the way of our wedding at all. You would have never known. They were so professional, and attentive and made you feel like you were the only bride they were working with. We had so much fun on the night of our wedding at the Mansion that we did not want it to end. Thank you for working with us and helping us through this trying process. Who knows maybe we'll renew our vows there in a few years! :-)

Sent on 10/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/28/2013

My wedding weekend was flawless and free of stress because of Ceresville and their amazing staff. I don't even think words can fully encompass how much I appreciate them for all that they did and how amazing my day ended up being. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone who will listen - these people know what they're doing!!! The venue is SPECTACULAR, the food is AMAZING and the staff is INCREDIBLE. That is what you need to know. From Meghan to Melissa and then to Jesse, these three and so many more made sure my every need was met, they were responsive, knowledgeable and absolutely hilarious whenever my jitters got the best of me. I'm not one to share my happy places, but this place is worth everyone knowing about...phenom.

Sent on 10/06/2013

This venue is so beautiful by itself and doesn't need much to make your day look super awesome and fairytale like. I was impressed with all the help and assistance they gave me. My day was incredible because of the amazing team that brought all my ideas and plans together. I didn't have to lift a finger!!! The food was perfect and just what we wanted, we had tons of compliments on everything. I have never heard so many people say it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to because of such a wonderful venue.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Kerry · Married on 09/07/2013

Ceresville Mansion helped me to have the wedding of my dreams. I am sooooo thankful that I found Ceresville during my wedding venue search and that it was available around the time that my husband and I were hoping to get married.
    From the moment we first arrived at Ceresville to tour the site, we knew that we wanted to have our wedding there. Every single employee we met was friendly, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. They truly made my wedding planning process (and of course the day itself) feel special, and as if they took a sincerely vested interest in helping to ensure that everything I had imagined during my planning process was taken care of on the Big Day.
    My wedding coordinator was Jess, and she was absolutely amazing! She returned every email that I sent her within hours (literally!) and was so incredibly helpful. We had a few unique requests that were honored with absolutely no issue whatsoever. We requested for our ceremony to start 30 minutes early so that we would have more sunlight for photos, asked to have a lower open bar package than what is offered for a Saturday evening wedding and also to extend the bar by 1 hour, and requested to be allowed access to the Mansion 3 and a half hours early on the wedding day so that my bridesmaids and I could get our hair and makeup done there.
    I cannot say enough about how wonderful everyone at Ceresville was on my wedding day in particular. They provided a beautiful spread of food as well as champagne for us as we were getting ready that afternoon. Everything was perfectly planned, and I didn't have to think of anything that day except for marrying my best friend :) For the quality of service provided as well as the value you receive for having your wedding at Ceresville, I 100% recommend it to anyone! I cannot thank Ceresville enough for everything, and for helping to ensure that I literally had the fairytale wedding of my dreams!!!!

Love,

Kerry & Joey (9/7/13)

Sent on 10/15/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2013

Ceresville Mansion exceeded my expectations by giving me my dream wedding. The food was so good, all my guests were happy, everything was beautiful. And the price was not that bad!! Everything went so smooth on the wedding day, I did not have to do anything. Phil and Jen took care of everything, and my wedding coordinator Stephanie helped with all the planning every step of the way. I am so happy with the results, and would do it all over again with Ceresville if I could!!

Sent on 09/10/2013
  • User3119808 · 2+ years ago

The staff was incredible. They were easy to work with in the planning phase and were flexible, allowing me to drop off decorations days in advance of the wedding because it was more convenient for me. They all were on the same page and our reception was flawless. My husband and I had our own personal attendant who brought us drinks and ensured we ate. They ensured all of my vendors were on the same page and I could just sit back and relax. Then there is the mansion itself. It is so beatiful, charming and elegant that I barely had to decorate. My guests really enjoyed cocktail hour on the back terrace. There were so many options for photos as well. I couldn't recommend this place more!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Jillian · Married on 08/09/2013

Absolutely LOVE Ceresville Mansion and their staff!! Jessica was so accommodating and made the whole planning process easy and took the stress off my big day!! Our day of planner, Melissa, was great as well! Everyone came together and helped to make my day a success with no real issues!!! Would definitely recommend to anyone!!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Anastasia · Married on 08/02/2013

We were married on a Friday early August at Ceresville Mansion and it was perfect!!! Since they only book one wedding on Fridays, we had the whole day to get ready there. Our wedding planner was amazing to work with and made us feel at ease. Everything came together perfectly.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Genevieve · Married on 07/01/2013

The first time I saw the mansion I knew I was in love! It is just BREATHTAKING! All of the rooms were just gorgeous and when I saw the pergola and fountain on the terrace, I was completely SOLD. If you are looking for a lovely, romantic, PERFECT venue, this is the ONE! The staff at Ceresville were so accommodating and helpful with all the planning and preparations! Jenni, my coordinator blew me away at how fast she always responded to my emails, even when I'd have about 50 million questions! They seriously go above and beyond for their brides over there. I don't have a single regret with choosing Ceresville for our big day. Everyone that was there to make sure our day went off without a hitch! I can't thank you guys enough!!

Sent on 09/08/2013

We used the meadow pavilion at Ceresville Mansion for an informal wedding rehearsal picnic. The setting was fantastic. Jenny Meisner and her staff, including Melissa who supervised our event, are terrific and made everything very easy. The food was great--a crab feast and barbecue--and every accommodation was made to personalize our event. We could not have had a more perfect venue to kick off the wedding weekend.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Stephen · Married on 06/15/2013

Ceresville is a beautiful venue, that has a sense of historic, understated classiness, that never veers into the ostentatious. It is a well run, highly professional yet friendly place. No detail is overlooked, nothing is too much trouble for Jenni, Wayne, Chef Paul and the rest of the staff. For them every wedding is unique and they spent a lot of time understanding what we wanted and making sure that we got it. Whether we contacted them in person, by email or over the phone, every query was handled as if we were the only wedding they were dealing with.

We also interviewed some of their preferred partners for other professionals and ended up working with their recommendations of Shaun Campbell the photographer, Matt Shewitz the DJ and Cathy Ford the cake maker (her strawberry cake with whipped frosting was a definite hit).

On the day, every one of the details that we planned with whole team was delivered and when we had a couple of last minute changes, they took it all in their stride, with no fuss whatsoever.

The photographs of Ceresville speak for themselves but but it is the team that makes it unique. These five star ratings were well earned from a couple who are not known for giving easy praise.

Stephen and Davinia