Ceresville Mansion Reviews

Ceresville Mansion 5
Ceresville Mansion 6
Ceresville Mansion 7

Valerie · Married on 10/31/2015

Jenni and Robbie were just amazing. We were originally suppose to get married at a different place and date but the other reception hall couldn't get their stuff together, so they canceled our wedding. I emailed Jenni to come look at Ceresville, and not even two days later we were booked with them. The mansion is just downright gorgeous, from the landscape to the inside of the building. Jenni was available at all times to us for our many stresses and she put me at ease everytime, even gave me ideas and suggestions that I never would of thought of. The food is so delicious that we had to go to a second tasting cause we couldn't decide what we wanted to have. Our guests are still raving about the food and wedding a month later. On our wedding day, Robbie was our coordinator and he made it so easy for me not to freak out. He did all the planning and worrying for me, so all I had to do was just follow what he said, simply enough. Our day went off went off with a single problem and if there was they did a great job covering for it. Thank you Jenni, Robbie and the entire Ceresville Crew, you guys are awesome!!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

As an event planner myself I was very picky about our venue. We wanted an outside garden ceremony and indoor reception all at the same venue. Ceresville was perfect! And the sales staff was wonderful to work with. We had some specific desires related to bar service options and Stephanie worked with us to find the best way to get it done. The Chef was very responsive to dietary allergies/restrictions and created special versions of our entrees instead of the usual give them 'salad' and 'pasta' options. The food was fantastic. Total value for the money. The day of staff was on point and I am picky about service. Every member of the serving staff was wonderful and gave all our guests the royal treatment. Our guests raved about the food and had a wonderful time! My new husband and I so enjoyed having our celebration at Ceresville.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2015

I could not have asked for anything more from Ceresville. Jenni, our coordinator, was very helpful and professional during the planning process. She coordinated and got all of the vendors organized the day of and made sure I didn't have to lift a finger. My only job was to find the vendors and they took it from there. The ballroom was beautiful, service excellent, food delicious. Everything was perfect. Our banquet manager who worked our event was cool, calm, and collected. He kept everything running on time, which is a pretty amazing feat! I would highly recommend for weddings or any other event!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Ricardee · Married on 09/04/2015

I have a wonderful experience with Ceresville. My coordinator Stephanie responded to all inquiries immediately with more than enough information. Ceresville worked very hard to accommodate all of our needs, even the last minute requests. They did everything that they could to ensure that my day was as perfect and stress free as possible. While there were a few scheduling issues (length of time for set up during rehearsal night and wedding day) they were more than willing to extend our reception if it was affected in any way....which it wasn't. The food was AMAZING. The only thing that I would mention is that we were under the impression that there would be 2 bartenders to serve our guests. There was only one so that ended up causing longer waits for drinks than expected, but the tender that was provided was great and handled everything well and only a few guests mentioned the wait. All in all, I had an exceptional experience and would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 09/07/2015

This was the first and only venue my husband and I toured when planning our August wedding. We went back in December and met with Jenni who showed us around and explained everything we would get if we picked Ceresville for our ceremony and reception. We live about an hour away from Frederick so we decided to do the rehearsal the morning of the wedding and then a rehearsal bbq in the Ceresville meadow then the actual wedding later in the evening. This made it easier for our bridal party and guests to only have to travel and find accommodations for 1 evening instead of 2. From December up to the day of the wedding Jenni was able to plan everything out for us down to hour by hour schedule of events. We had 2 coordinators that day to stay with us from the morning all the way until the evening. If you are looking for a venue that allows you to make your visions come to life beyond your expectations then you should use Ceresville. I wasn't the least bit stressed during wedding planning and the month of the wedding my mom and maid of honor were asking what needed to be done and there was nothing left to plan because Ceresville took care of it all. We had 2 people with us girls getting ready and during the ceremony and reception, someone was always there to answer any questions and get what I needed the whole day. They did all the set up for us and it was amazing to get ready and then walk out onto the balcony to see my reception space all set up. We had amazing weather and were able to do the cocktail hour outside and the guests loved being able to have a drink and delicious food while sitting out by the looking pool. We had 120 guests and it fit everyone perfectly, the dance floor was full all night long. Even the past 2 weeks since our wedding we are getting notes from our guests telling us just how amazing the wedding was and how much fun they had. If you are looking for a very personalized but stress free wedding then this is your place!

Sent on 09/14/2015
  • Tyra McCann

Tyra · Married on 07/11/2015

Now that the dust has settled, I feel compelled to write this review. My husband and I had our wedding event at Ceresville on July 11, 2015. From my first e-mail inquiry regarding the venue up until to our actual event I have been impressed. Stephanie was our wedding planner and I could not have asked for a better experience. Her professionalism was stellar and her personality matched. The venue is elegant, the weather was beautiful and we were able to have our ceremony outside on the pergola. The food was delicious and Chef Tom modified one of the dishes per our request. On the day of, we worked with Molly and Lori and they took care of EVERYTHING. I didn't have to think, just smile, look pretty and enjoy. Molly is awesome, she kept us on track in an obtrusive way. Our guests were well tended to and the interactions with the various vendors was seamless. The pricing is beyond fair and everything on the business end was handled very efficiently. Bottom line: I have no intention of getting married again, but would use the venue again and would recommend it without reservation. Thank you to Stephanie, Molly, Lori and all of the Ceresville staff for making our day nothing less than perfect.

Sent on 07/21/2015
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 05/21/2015

We used Ceresville as our location and catering vendor. Their food is terrific, their staff are excellent and their prices were very reasonable. Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Christina · Married on 05/17/2015

We absolutely could have not asked for a better venue to hold our wedding than Ceresville Mansion. Jessica helped us every step of the way leading up to the big day. No matter how big or small the detail seemed to be Jessica helped make it perfect. We came into the mansion looking for a simple elegance, but got a fairy tale dream. No body can take the stress of planning off your shoulders but when it comes to the day of; Ceresville and its staff members take all your worries away. I never thought I could just relax the way I did while getting ready for the most important day of my life. They are so attentive on all your needs, it is truly amazing. Highly impressive!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Katie · Married on 05/09/2015

This place is amazing. The whole staff is there for you and make any special day perfect and special. The book out some time but it is well worth it. The food was perfect and everything tasted amazing. The place itself didn't need much decorating cause it is so beautiful in itself. My wedding day was just perfect and they made it so easy. I would only recommend this location to everyone.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Kirin · Married on 04/26/2015

Ceresville Mansion is the most beautiful venue we've ever been with ! We chose the place because of its all inclusive package an the limited amount of planning needed to make the day a perfect day. our event manager was Jessica and she was fabulous from the beginning. She was extremely flexible , and very willing to meet our needs. We also had a day of coordinator names molly wh

Sent on 04/27/2015

We worked with jenni for our wedding, and not only her, but the entire staff was so helpful and pleasant during our whole year of planning our wedding. If I had any questions, jenni would email me literally within the next day. The staff are so friendly and professional, our wedding coordinator and bridal stalker were extremely helpful too the day of. The venue is GORGEOUS And has so much history to it, my guests couldn't stop talking about the mansion. Food was incredible, and you can adjust your meal to how you would like it! (Chose our own specific veggies and starch) the week of the wedding was so stressful for me, and jenni couldn't have made the process easier even if she tried. We already talked about renewing our vows with ceresville, that's how much we loved the venue.

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • User5420477 · 2+ years ago

We looked at about 10 venue in the DC/MD/VA area and Ceresville mansion was by far the best for us, and for our guests. Kate Moreland is a great person and was a perfect wedding planner for the year we worked together and Melissa did a great job keeping things in order the day of our wedding. Every suggestion Kate gave us worked perfectly, we had so many options but our choices seemed to make every aspect just fit together perfectly (Bill Izer for DJ, Shaun Campbell for Photos, Karen Rodkey for Cake, LBloom for flowers, and Hampton Inn and Suites for lodging). The mansion was perfect and having the entire grounds just to us was great. Plenty of room for everyone to get ready and places to relax and take so many pictures in different settings. The staff did an amazing job the day of the ceremony and reception. The ceremony area was perfect and the cocktail hour set up was beautiful. The reception was flawless and the food was amazing (lobster, beef wellington, stuffed shells). There was not one complaint by us, or any of our 130 guests. So many people complimented the Mansion and the food; it was truly a stress-free ceremony and reception and the flexibility of the staff made us 100% carefree to enjoy our day.

Sent on 09/09/2015

We searched 8 different places for our reception and wedding in the DC area. Ceresville was by far the best and Kate was perfect. Every planning meeting, discussion, and detail was executed perfectly. Our day went perfect and the food was amazing as well. The service from all the staff was flawless. We cannot say enough good things about the Mansion and all the staff (especially Kate). The price was surprisingly a great value for the high quality of the venue and food. This is the perfect place!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Our overall experience from start to finish was more than we could have ever imagined at Ceresville Mansion. I remember touring five venue options in the Frederick area back in August and without hesitation knowing Ceresville was it! Aside from the beautiful architecture and historic elements of the structure, the staff was attentive, sincere, and professional. I worked with Jessica from the start and Molly the day of. I cannot say enough great things about the two of them! Both seemed to truly care about my wedding and me as the bride. The planning process was easy and fun, and Molly made the day of carefree and I was able to focus on the excitement of my ceremony and reception! They coordinated everything with my vendors (all FABNet which I think really helps, they were familiar with all of my vendors) which made things much less complicated on my part. Overall, everything was perfect and I couldn't have been happier with my choice in venue!

Sent on 03/30/2015

My whole experience with Ceresville Mansion was a pleasure from start to finish. We dealt with Stephanie, she was so great. Our wedding reception was a huge success. It was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you for making it so wonderful everyone at Ceresville!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Dee · Married on 01/04/2015

The team at Ceresville Mansion including Jessica and Melissa were amazing! All our guests were impressed with the venue, the service, and the food. Ceresville made our wedding reception memorable and a great time was experienced by all. We would definitely recommend this venue for a wedding reception or formal event.

Sent on 01/18/2015

Nicola · Married on 01/01/2015

The service at ceresville definitely goes above and beyond. Melissa and Natalie and all of the staff really could not have done more for us. They were there to help all day. Natalie even made a great bustle for my dress. The tables were impeccable, the food was delicious, the staff were warm sand friendly and they really do take care of everything for you.

Sent on 01/19/2015

The staff made our wedding very special! They guided us through the entire process from planning the big day to the day of the wedding itself. They were so helpful and professional. Their little details are what really made the wedding day special for us, like laying out the bridal accessories in the bridal suite just right and their decisions on where to place certain wedding decorations. The food was amazing, as well as the service. The kitchen was able to accommodate all dietary restrictions of our guests and gave those guests special attention, which made the day not only special for us, but for our guests. We couldn't ask for more.

Sent on 01/01/2015

We highly recommend this venue for your wedding! You certainly get what you pay for! We had the privilege to work with Jessica as our wedding planner and she was great and so helpful! Melissa was our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely wonderful!! She kept things moving and if we needed anything, she was on it within seconds! My husband and I, as well as my parents, enjoyed our entire day with no worries at all - she took care of everything! The staff at the mansion was very professional and the food was to die for!!! Our guests are still talking about how delicious their meals were! Everything from the beginning of the planning stage up until the end of our reception was very organized and our day was planned down to the minute. Everything went so smoothly! This was the best decision we made to have it at Ceresville Mansion!

Sent on 12/08/2014
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 10/18/2014

Ceresville Mansion was and is everything that we could ever ask for. The venue, and those who work there and helped made our wedding what it was is like butter to our bread.

First off - we want to give Jenni a huge kudos for EVERYTHING. As an out of town bride, you can imagine how stressful planning a wedding could be. Nope. Jenni made the planning process absolutely stress free. Whether it be conducting meetings over FaceTime, or corresponding through email, Jenni was there for us from beginning to end. Second - the venue itself is beautiful, and perfect in every way. All of our guests couldnt stop talking about how breathtaking and amazing the venue looked. Also, the food prepared was beyond our expectations, and we couldnt have been more happy with our meal and appetizer choices, and how they came out.

The staff at Ceresville Mansion highly succeeded our expectations and they truly made our wedding that much more special. They made sure everyone was taken care of, happy, and stress-free. Also, when it came to setting up for the ceremony and reception, everything was set up perfect and how we imagined it would be. We are so happy that we chose this venue as our wedding destination and would recommend Ceresville to anyone in the area, or out of town! Thank you!

Sent on 11/02/2014

Courtney · Married on 10/11/2014

Jessica was there from the beginning to help every step of the way in the planning process. The day of our wedding everyone was so helpful and made sure we did not have to worry about anything but enjoying our day. Our bridal stalker was our own personal server. The food was delicious too!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Nick · Married on 10/11/2014

You pay for what you get. Not a thing went wrong. There was someone there every step of the way to help us get through the evening. Everything was perfect and people won't stop talking about how great the food was!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Erin · Married on 10/11/2014

Stephanie Norton and the entire staff at Ceresville were fantastic. We wanted a rare special accommodation at our wedding and they didn't even hesitate to make it happen! Although it drizzled the morning of and we were unable to have the ceremony outdoors, the quick turnaround to have the wedding inside was easy and looked effortless. Even indoors the ceremony was intimate and perfect. We thank all of the staff at Ceresville and highly recommend them to future couples!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Adrienne · Married on 09/26/2014

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. Everything is gorgeous and little decoration is required beyond the beauty of the house and the grounds. I have had so many compliments on the food and the staff from my guests as well as my parents, and on my wedding day I just showed up and they took care of everything. I even had a "stalker" that day that took care of whatever I needed - water? check. find my mother? done. So professional and unobtrusive. It was a fantastic day.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Kathy · Married on 08/30/2014

What a beautiful and elegant venue. Ceresville is a very classy and professional venue to hold your wedding or any event at. The food and their service was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 09/17/2014