Ceremonies of Celebration Reviews

Ceremonies of Celebration 4
Ceremonies of Celebration 5
  • Brittany

Brittany Harris · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect Ceremony for the Perfect Day!!

Our ceremony was perfect! With guidance we were able to customize each part of the ceremony to meet our preferences, and choose readings with special meaning to us. Rev. Dawn was very professional, on time, and helped us ease our nerves before the big day!! We would recommend her to all our friends and family!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

Brittany, thank you for your kind review. It was truly my pleasure to be part of your ceremony and to help make it exactly the way you dreamed it would be. Wishing you both the very best.

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

We absolutely love Dawn! We got to know her well during premarital counseling and I got several compliments from family about how well organized our rehearsal was! Thank you dawn for making our wedding so special! Jacob and Nicole Kirby

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Ceremonies of Celebration 6

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

Nicole, thank you for your kind review, and for posting the pic of the rehearsal. It was a fun rehearsal. I am so happy that you were happy with the pre-marital conversations. I find that it is an opportunity for all of us to get to know each better, but especially the couple explores areas of deeper meaning and interest to them and their relationship. Wishing you and Jacob the very best in life, and I am grateful to have been part of your wedding.

Jenna · Married on 11/25/2017

Rev Dawn Halstead is a treasure. My husband and I had her in mind as our officiant for a Summer 2018 wedding, however when our plans changed and we needed to adjust our wedding to be on a particular date sooner (as in 22 days away) we decided to reach out to her and hope she would be able to do it on a very short notice. We had searched far and wide to find an officiant for both of us believe deeply that the officiant is one of the most important aspects of the wedding (it is the ceremony! The part that binds you, it is your promise to one another and your families that this is IT!). We knew we wanted Dawn specifically and were willing to adjust our date to accommodate her, but she was adamant that we do what is best for us. In her emails, she was professional and immediate. Emailing me back the same day.

When we met her in person, it was like meeting an old friend. She is kind and deeply caring and she has a great passion for what she does. We had full confidence that she would really help us make our ceremony hopes perfectly. Not only did she offer us sound advice and reinforce our own ideas on the ceremony, she really helped us blossom into making this ours. I sincerely couldn't believe it was true that we had found someone we aligned with so perfectly. I was stunned to see that not only would Dawn be able to help make our day possible but that she would strive to help make it perfect and unique for us. It was more than we asked for and I recommend her to anyone in the Des Moines area that is looking for a special and unique day made just for you.

Sent on 02/26/2018
    Ceremonies of Celebration 7
    Ceremonies of Celebration 8

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

You have shown such a generosity and kindness to me. I am overwhelmed. This really is the essence of what I want each couple to experience. When you are happy, I am happy! After nine years as an officiant, I never tire of hearing stories, creating ceremonies, and seeing the end results at the wedding. Regardless of a person's spiritual/religious journey, we set a sacred space to bind a couple, heart to heart and soul to soul. Thank you for choosing me as your officiant.
  • fallinthegarden

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

We absolutely loved Dawn! She was really professional and personable. She provided a ton of resources for us to craft a personalized civil ceremony. We loved being able to have control over our ceremony, and create exactly what we wanted, while still having the guidance of someone experienced. She helped us make all the necessary tweaks to make the ceremony flow exactly right. Our ceremony was the highlight of our day thanks to Dawn!

Kevin · Married on 07/29/2017

Dawn Halstead was recommended by a friend of the family. From the first meeting we knew she was a perfect fit for our wedding plans! She was casual when we needed it, she was very helpful designing our ceremony's tone and content and the perfect professional throughout the experience from introduction, through rehearsal and the ceremony. Couldn't ask for a better officiant!

Tricia · Married on 07/01/2017

We loved working with Rev. Halstead. She was professional and easy going. She helped us create the perfect ceremony. She guided us but allowed us the freedom to make it about us.
    I would absolutely recommend her for your ceremony.

Hannah · Married on 07/01/2017

We feel truly lucky to have found Dawn to officiate our wedding ceremony! She was outstanding and such a pleasure to work with. We received a lot of compliments from friends and family that attended the wedding. Dawn was very accommodating to our specific needs and you could tell she really cared to make it a special ceremony for us. Thank you, Dawn!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2017

I'm am truly grateful that we used Dawn as our officiant.

She showed up with a calming presence truly helped me relax the day before and the day of. We cannot thank her enough. She helped us customize our ceremony, it really felt like she helped us create something special. The happiness and peace I felt during the ceremony, and the compliments from friends and family on how beautiful it was the proof that it was something truly special.

I recommend her to any couple, because I know she would help make something just as special for you too.

Kate · Married on 01/20/2017

Rev. Dawn Halstead was instrumental in helping us shape our wedding ceremony. Before meeting her, we had no real concept of what we wanted our ceremony to look like, but with her help we were able to craft the simple, sweet, yet meaningful ceremony we wanted in our hearts all along. Our ceremony was beautiful, and we definitely recommend Rev. Dawn!

Nancy · Married on 01/07/2017

We could not of been happier with our choice Dawn Halstead to officiate our wedding. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding personal and extra special, we highly recommend Rev. Dawn Halstead.

Carmen · Married on 01/07/2017

Rev. Dawn was an absolute delight to work with, she helped us through the service and let us add and edit things that we wanted to make it our own. I highly recommend her if you're looking for a non-judgemental officiant. Top notch professionalism and makes sure you are comfortable with everything before the big day. My husband is Hindu & we wanted to add something special for his religion/traditions. It was perfect! Thank you for making our special day wonderful!

jessi · Married on 10/29/2016

Dawn was so very pleasant to work with! She is very calming and walked us through creating the ceremony that perfectly fit what our needs and wants we're. She was always responsive, prompt, and very kind. We would highly recommend her to anyone for any ceremony type!!

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

Dawn did a beautiful job officiating our wedding. She did a wonderful job helping us to make our ceremony fit us as a couple. She is very compassionate about what she does!

Candice · Married on 10/01/2016

Rev. Dawn Halstead performed an absolutely wonderful ceremony for our wedding!!! We couldn't have wished for anything more perfect. Every detail was customized to us and it was simply unforgettable.

Jose · Married on 09/17/2016

The whole ceremony couldn't be any more prefect. At the end we were both very happy for choosing Dawn. My whole family and friends talked about nice she was and her speech felt so warm and welcoming to everyone.

Amanda · Married on 11/21/2015

Dawn was wonderful throughout the entire process! She always made me feel at ease and has a very calming presence.

• W

Whitney · Married on 11/14/2015

Dawn was so great to work with. I can't say enough enough about how professional and knowledgeable she is but also relatable and kind. We came to her only about a month before our wedding but even with the time crunch she was willing and able to work with us. I had thought of using a family friend or something to save money but Dawn is worth every penny. She helped maintain my sanity. The ceremony was one area that I knew Dawn had under control amidst all of the wedding chaos. I was so happy to know this part would be taken care of and I could put my trust in her. She did amazing and really kept everyone in line and on time for the rehearsal and the ceremony. She really did help guide us though and encourage us on how to make our ceremony personalized and perfect for us. She was awesome! Thanks so much Dawn!

Dawn has been the best to work with while planning our wedding ceremony. We really felt that the ceremony is the most important part of our wedding day, and we wanted to make it completely personalized to us & what we wanted. Dawn has guided us through the workbook she gives us as a gift (which is phenomenal) to form what will certainly be the ceremony of our dreams ... as we marry the people of our dreams! :) She is friendly, professional, and I know, come August, she will provide the best officiant services around! Book her!

Katy · Married on 08/08/2015

We cannot offer enough praise for Dawn! We chose her elopement-style ceremony, which means we did not meet her in person beforehand. Yet she was quite responsive to our wishes in our email correspondence. As it turns out, we had no cause for trepidation as Dawn performed the ceremony perfectly to our liking. She hit all the right notes and everything went beautifully. We could not be more delighted with Dawn’s services on our wedding day. Thank you, Dawn!

Sarah · Married on 07/18/2015

Dawn help us design the perfect ceremony for our wedding. Her guidance helped us personalize the details from beginning to end and I wouldn't change any part of it. We really appreciated her professionalism during the rehearsal to keep our wedding party moving along. When everything is moving so quickly on your wedding day, it was wonderful to have Rev. Dawn Halstead help direct all of the moving parts (family, DJ, wedding party, etc.) so we could start the ceremony on time. We are very grateful to have had her as our officiant on our wedding day.

Bailey · Married on 06/27/2015

Dawn was amazing and made our day so special. She could not have been more thoughtful, accommodating, professional and kind. She made rehearsal a breeze too!
    Thank you, Dawn. You made our BIG day better than we could have ever imagined.

My husband and I got married in a different state than where we currently live. We didn't have our own pastor back in Iowa because we had been gone for so long. We found Dawn online and met her via skype. She made this process easy; it was one less thing to worry about during the planning process. The wedding book gave us many options to plan the perfect ceremony. Everyone loved the ceremony and everything went smoothly. Thank you, Dawn, for making our day perfect!

Dawn was Amazing! Very easy to work with and patient since my husband and I had no idea what we were doing. She offered her ideas and listened to what we had to say and what we wanted. I had several compliments from friends and family about how amazing the ceremony was. Thank you Dawn!!! You made my Day Perfect!!

Very pleasant service. I would recommend to family and friends.