Ceremonies of Celebration Reviews

Ceremonies of Celebration 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Mieth · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Day

Dawn was an amazing officiant on our special day! She was easy to get in contact with and very flexible with time for meeting since both our work schedules were crazy at the time of planning. Dawn made it easy for us to customize our wedding ceremony and was always there with and idea or suggestion when we weren’t sure what to be doing (which was often!). Our guests were blown away by the ceremony and were talking about it throughout the night. I would highly recommend Dawn and Ceremonies of Celebration for any style of ceremony you are looking to have!

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Ceremonies of Celebration 8

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

Sarah, thank you for such a kind review. I can’t tell you how much fun I had with you and Robert. Your family was so warm and welcome me. What a beautiful wedding. And I wish you a beautiful life as well.
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/18/2019

Best of the best in the des moines, ia area!

Working with Dawn (Ceremonies of Celebration) was awesome! She is professional, helpful and inviting! We got married this past May at The Tea Room, downtown Des Moines, IA and our ceremony was nothing short of amazing! It was emotional, beautiful and everything I could have hoped for! We had some house sound issues (the mic wasn't working), and Dawn moved right along projecting her voice loud enough for all 175 guests to hear her - I honestly liked it without the mic better! She was such a joy to work with, and so patient with my crazy family and wedding party! I highly recommend Dawn because she is the best of the best! We loved her!

Sent on 07/28/2019
    Ceremonies of Celebration 9
    Ceremonies of Celebration 10

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I had so much fun with you and your family. And it was a very touching ceremony, but that is because of the bride and groom! Wishing you a wonderful life together.

Terri Craig · Married on 03/30/2019

Very accommodating

Reverend Dawn drove to our venue and was very polite, timely, and friendly. We were married within 3 days of finally picking a date.
    Great lady!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

So are you! I was so excited that we could make it happen. After our phone conversations, it was such a pleasure to meet you both in person. The location you chose was so much fun. I wish you a blessed life together.

Lindsey · Married on 03/30/2019

Meaningful ceremony

Dawn did an exceptional job putting together a meaningful ceremony for our wedding. She was great to work with, very detailed orientated and was good to offer her opinion when we needed/wanted it. Would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

Lindsey, it makes me happy to make you happy. I strive to create with couples the ceremony they want. I so enjoyed working with you both and your daughter. What a joy you all were. Thank you.

Nick Chu · Married on 01/03/2019

Great experience working with Dawn

Dawn is truly amazing. She worked with us to accommodate our ceremony needs. The entire experience is great.

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Harris · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect Ceremony for the Perfect Day!!

Our ceremony was perfect! With guidance we were able to customize each part of the ceremony to meet our preferences, and choose readings with special meaning to us. Rev. Dawn was very professional, on time, and helped us ease our nerves before the big day!! We would recommend her to all our friends and family!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

Brittany, thank you for your kind review. It was truly my pleasure to be part of your ceremony and to help make it exactly the way you dreamed it would be. Wishing you both the very best.
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful Officiant!

Dawn was so great and easy to work with! We had an initial meeting where she got to know us as a couple and our vision for our wedding ceremony. She sent us home with a workbook and e-mailed some examples of ceremonies that essentially helped us with writing/planning our unique wedding ceremony! The workbook has different versions of ceremonies (traditional, religious, non-traditional, etc.) and you can edit it to cater to your vision. Dawn wants your wedding to represent you both as a couple, which is why she gives you the freedom to do so. She was also helpful during wedding rehearsal and made that part go as quickly as possible as everyone is excited and wound up, but she made sure everyone was attentive. If you want a professional, experienced wedding officiant who gives you the freedom to have your ceremony be uniquely specific to you as a couple - hire Dawn! Would recommend 100 times over! Thanks Dawn!

Sent on 02/04/2019
    Ceremonies of Celebration 11
    Ceremonies of Celebration 12
    Ceremonies of Celebration 13

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

Marissa, I am humbled and appreciative of your kind words. It was my sincere pleasure to be your officiant. Thank you for posting the pics. Gorgeous!

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

We absolutely love Dawn! We got to know her well during premarital counseling and I got several compliments from family about how well organized our rehearsal was! Thank you dawn for making our wedding so special! Jacob and Nicole Kirby

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Ceremonies of Celebration 14

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

Nicole, thank you for your kind review, and for posting the pic of the rehearsal. It was a fun rehearsal. I am so happy that you were happy with the pre-marital conversations. I find that it is an opportunity for all of us to get to know each better, but especially the couple explores areas of deeper meaning and interest to them and their relationship. Wishing you and Jacob the very best in life, and I am grateful to have been part of your wedding.

Jenna · Married on 11/25/2017

Rev Dawn Halstead is a treasure. My husband and I had her in mind as our officiant for a Summer 2018 wedding, however when our plans changed and we needed to adjust our wedding to be on a particular date sooner (as in 22 days away) we decided to reach out to her and hope she would be able to do it on a very short notice. We had searched far and wide to find an officiant for both of us believe deeply that the officiant is one of the most important aspects of the wedding (it is the ceremony! The part that binds you, it is your promise to one another and your families that this is IT!). We knew we wanted Dawn specifically and were willing to adjust our date to accommodate her, but she was adamant that we do what is best for us. In her emails, she was professional and immediate. Emailing me back the same day.

When we met her in person, it was like meeting an old friend. She is kind and deeply caring and she has a great passion for what she does. We had full confidence that she would really help us make our ceremony hopes perfectly. Not only did she offer us sound advice and reinforce our own ideas on the ceremony, she really helped us blossom into making this ours. I sincerely couldn't believe it was true that we had found someone we aligned with so perfectly. I was stunned to see that not only would Dawn be able to help make our day possible but that she would strive to help make it perfect and unique for us. It was more than we asked for and I recommend her to anyone in the Des Moines area that is looking for a special and unique day made just for you.

Sent on 02/26/2018
    Ceremonies of Celebration 15
    Ceremonies of Celebration 16

Ceremonies of Celebration's reply:

You have shown such a generosity and kindness to me. I am overwhelmed. This really is the essence of what I want each couple to experience. When you are happy, I am happy! After nine years as an officiant, I never tire of hearing stories, creating ceremonies, and seeing the end results at the wedding. Regardless of a person's spiritual/religious journey, we set a sacred space to bind a couple, heart to heart and soul to soul. Thank you for choosing me as your officiant.
  • fallinthegarden

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

We absolutely loved Dawn! She was really professional and personable. She provided a ton of resources for us to craft a personalized civil ceremony. We loved being able to have control over our ceremony, and create exactly what we wanted, while still having the guidance of someone experienced. She helped us make all the necessary tweaks to make the ceremony flow exactly right. Our ceremony was the highlight of our day thanks to Dawn!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Kevin · Married on 07/29/2017

Dawn Halstead was recommended by a friend of the family. From the first meeting we knew she was a perfect fit for our wedding plans! She was casual when we needed it, she was very helpful designing our ceremony's tone and content and the perfect professional throughout the experience from introduction, through rehearsal and the ceremony. Couldn't ask for a better officiant!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Tricia · Married on 07/01/2017

We loved working with Rev. Halstead. She was professional and easy going. She helped us create the perfect ceremony. She guided us but allowed us the freedom to make it about us.
    I would absolutely recommend her for your ceremony.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Hannah · Married on 07/01/2017

We feel truly lucky to have found Dawn to officiate our wedding ceremony! She was outstanding and such a pleasure to work with. We received a lot of compliments from friends and family that attended the wedding. Dawn was very accommodating to our specific needs and you could tell she really cared to make it a special ceremony for us. Thank you, Dawn!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2017

I'm am truly grateful that we used Dawn as our officiant.

She showed up with a calming presence truly helped me relax the day before and the day of. We cannot thank her enough. She helped us customize our ceremony, it really felt like she helped us create something special. The happiness and peace I felt during the ceremony, and the compliments from friends and family on how beautiful it was the proof that it was something truly special.

I recommend her to any couple, because I know she would help make something just as special for you too.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Kate · Married on 01/20/2017

Rev. Dawn Halstead was instrumental in helping us shape our wedding ceremony. Before meeting her, we had no real concept of what we wanted our ceremony to look like, but with her help we were able to craft the simple, sweet, yet meaningful ceremony we wanted in our hearts all along. Our ceremony was beautiful, and we definitely recommend Rev. Dawn!

Sent on 01/29/2017

Nancy · Married on 01/07/2017

We could not of been happier with our choice Dawn Halstead to officiate our wedding. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding personal and extra special, we highly recommend Rev. Dawn Halstead.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Carmen · Married on 01/07/2017

Rev. Dawn was an absolute delight to work with, she helped us through the service and let us add and edit things that we wanted to make it our own. I highly recommend her if you're looking for a non-judgemental officiant. Top notch professionalism and makes sure you are comfortable with everything before the big day. My husband is Hindu & we wanted to add something special for his religion/traditions. It was perfect! Thank you for making our special day wonderful!

Sent on 02/03/2017

jessi · Married on 10/29/2016

Dawn was so very pleasant to work with! She is very calming and walked us through creating the ceremony that perfectly fit what our needs and wants we're. She was always responsive, prompt, and very kind. We would highly recommend her to anyone for any ceremony type!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

Dawn did a beautiful job officiating our wedding. She did a wonderful job helping us to make our ceremony fit us as a couple. She is very compassionate about what she does!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Candice · Married on 10/01/2016

Rev. Dawn Halstead performed an absolutely wonderful ceremony for our wedding!!! We couldn't have wished for anything more perfect. Every detail was customized to us and it was simply unforgettable.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Jose · Married on 09/17/2016

The whole ceremony couldn't be any more prefect. At the end we were both very happy for choosing Dawn. My whole family and friends talked about nice she was and her speech felt so warm and welcoming to everyone.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Amanda · Married on 11/21/2015

Dawn was wonderful throughout the entire process! She always made me feel at ease and has a very calming presence.

Sent on 12/20/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 11/14/2015

Dawn was so great to work with. I can't say enough enough about how professional and knowledgeable she is but also relatable and kind. We came to her only about a month before our wedding but even with the time crunch she was willing and able to work with us. I had thought of using a family friend or something to save money but Dawn is worth every penny. She helped maintain my sanity. The ceremony was one area that I knew Dawn had under control amidst all of the wedding chaos. I was so happy to know this part would be taken care of and I could put my trust in her. She did amazing and really kept everyone in line and on time for the rehearsal and the ceremony. She really did help guide us though and encourage us on how to make our ceremony personalized and perfect for us. She was awesome! Thanks so much Dawn!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Dawn has been the best to work with while planning our wedding ceremony. We really felt that the ceremony is the most important part of our wedding day, and we wanted to make it completely personalized to us & what we wanted. Dawn has guided us through the workbook she gives us as a gift (which is phenomenal) to form what will certainly be the ceremony of our dreams ... as we marry the people of our dreams! :) She is friendly, professional, and I know, come August, she will provide the best officiant services around! Book her!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Katy · Married on 08/08/2015

We cannot offer enough praise for Dawn! We chose her elopement-style ceremony, which means we did not meet her in person beforehand. Yet she was quite responsive to our wishes in our email correspondence. As it turns out, we had no cause for trepidation as Dawn performed the ceremony perfectly to our liking. She hit all the right notes and everything went beautifully. We could not be more delighted with Dawn’s services on our wedding day. Thank you, Dawn!

Sent on 08/17/2015