162 Reviews for Ceremonies For Sacred Days - Shyamala Littlefield

Civil Union (1)
Presbyterian (1)
Buddhist (1)
162 Ceremonies For Sacred Days - Shyamala Littlefield Reviews

Thanks for everything, Shyamala. The ceremony was lovingly personal and your words were deeply touching. I can never thank you enough for making our wedding so special!

Photo for Ceremonies For Sacred Days - Shyamala Littlefield Review
Profile Picture Johanna, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We loved working with Shyamala in preparation for our wedding day. We had one Skype meeting and one in-person meeting to plan the ceremony details and share our love story. We were graciously welcomed at her lovely home and felt immediately that she was the right fit for our non-denominational wedding. From the details we shared with Shyamala, she wove a beautiful story about our relationship that made our wedding guests cry. We felt she gave a great balance of authenticity, seriousness, and moments of light that reflected our own personalities and gave our guests a genuine, personal glimpse into our relationship. In fact, several of our guests said it was the most genuine ceremony they'd ever seen. Shyamala is considerate, timely and thoughtful, even asking us the color scheme so she could match it with her scarf! We are so grateful for her services and would not hesitate to recommend her to other engaged couples.

Profile Picture User7617271, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so thankful to have had Shyamala as our wedding officiant. The first time we met her, we already knew she'd be just the right fit for our wedding ceremony. There is a calm in her voice and presence that was perfect for delivering the beautiful words she crafted for us. During the planning process, she welcomed us to her home, where she got to know us and our love story, asking us all the right questions that led to putting together a beautiful narrative to tell our story on our wedding day with all the heartfelt emotion we were feeling inside. In the short amount of time we spent with her, Shyamala did an amazing job of making our personalities and love for one another shine through. Our guests had specifically mentioned to us that our ceremony was very touching and causing many of them to (uncharacteristically) tear up. On the day of, Shyamala arrived early to ensure everything was ready for her to perform her duties. She even wore a scarf to match our wedding color. She is so patient, kind, thoughtful, and genuine in her work. We are so happy she made our big day so special. Thank you, Shyamala!

Profile Picture Cindy, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala was truly an amazing find to preside over our wedding. From the start she was great to work with and we received tons of compliments from our guests about how beautiful the wedding ceremony was to attend. We felt very connected throughout the whole process and Shyamala was happy to work with us through a few edits to make the ceremony perfect for us. We would happily recommend Shyamala to any of our friends that are in search of an officiant!

Profile Picture George, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala was superb for our wedding. She is a prime example of an excellent wedding officiant. She did not put any pressure on karla and I and how we wanted to conduct our wedding vision. Best part of her was she made both of us feel super comfortable and confident. Shyamala even added a few incorporations and recommendations to see our thoughts and it was very complimenting as well.

We lost our previous wedding officiant about 3 months before our wedding due to her son's acceptance for college. We found shyamala through Yelp few days after. If you believe first impressions are real and true, you will see that with shyamala. We met her at her house and the interview was awesome. She made us feel welcomed and at home; made us cookies and tea and wanted to hear our story of how karla and I met.

She also performed a free service for us where we got married before our actual reception date and her backyard is gorgeous. Shyamala; I have no regrets or no negative thoughts of you. You were amazing. I even accidentally wanted to kiss my wife a little too fast before the ceremony and shyamala made it cute and funny to accommodate that. Thank you so much for everything.

Profile Picture Derek , 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so happy that Shyamala was the officiant at our wedding. From beginning to end, she was super easy to talk to and helpful with the whole process of planning our ceremony. She made it easy for us to get in touch and meet with her.

She had a lot of examples and suggestions for us to look at to get an idea of what we wanted. When we had an idea of what we envisioned for our ceremony, Shyamala went out of her way to help us incorporate any religious or cultural components we wanted to include.

It was very easy and comfortable to talk to her. She even encouraged us to make our ceremony something that fit us as a couple, instead of outside expectations. In the end, we were super happy with how everything turned out. It was perfect for us! Afterwards, many of our guests complimented us on the beautiful ceremony... thanks to Shyamala!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, Buddhist, Presbyterian

Shyamala made our wedding ceremony special, she accommodated us in every way possible and articulated our wedding vows perfectly. We would definitely recommend her to anyone who is interested in having a memorable wedding ceremony experience. We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture J, 5/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband Tom and I couldn’t be happier with the wedding ceremony that Shyamala put together for us.

I found Shyamala online and interviewed two different officiants. Tom and I interviewed her together and she stood out as being prepared and knowledgeable. Little did I know how much more was to come.

Shyamala spent time with us on Skype to go through options, helped us define our preferences and gave us ideas as to vows that we could use, alter, or mash-up. The end result was a ceremony that was entirely ours.

Shyamala showed up early to our venue and stayed in the background until it was time for her to take over. Once on stage, she masterfully guided the ceremony, making it all about us and our guests, and in concluding, introducing us as a couple to our family and friends in a heartfelt and loving way.

Every single guest commented on the ceremony and we have unreservedly referred her to others. To her list of accolades, I would add professional, thoughtful, warm and ingratiating. I know now how lucky we were to find her.

Photo for Ceremonies For Sacred Days - Shyamala Littlefield Review
Profile Picture Eric, 5/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala is amazing! Having Shaymala officiate our ceremony was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. We had so many of guests come up to us after the wedding to say how impressed they were with our officiant and our ceremony. They all said they had been to millions of weddings before, but what she did was special and genuine. My husband and I could not agree more! My husband and I felt very comfortable with Shyamala from our first meeting and really liked the ideas she presented to us. We liked that she had so many options for rituals and readings to help get us in the direction we wanted. She is a professional, who is easy to work with, and actually listens to what you want.

Profile Picture Marie, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala was absolutely wonderful, and we were so happy we chose her as our officiant! We got married in May in Colorado. She is based in California, but she came highly recommended, and was willing to make the trip for us. With less than 3 months lead time, Shyamala expertly guided us through a process of creating a ceremony and vows that were a perfect fit for us and felt as though they truly came from our hearts. She clearly has a lot of experience, and yet was always very present to our uniqueness as a couple and seemed to genuinely care about ensuring our big day felt special and personalized just for us. Beyond this, we sensed Shyamala has a reverence for the ceremony of marriage and helped us meaningfully express our emotions and our love for one another.

Profile Picture Kristina, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala made our wedding ceremony incredibly special! The expertise she brought to her trade made us feel comfortable from the very first conversation. We shared deeper, more meaningful things about our relationship than we had with any other officiant we interviewed, because she asked "the right" questions. This was extremely important, as we were really struggling with whether to hire a professional or to ask a family member/friend who knew us more intimately. Through her thoughtful questioning, Shymala got to know the two of us and our story. She is genuine and kind and it's clear that she enjoys her work. We received multiple compliments about the intentional words used in our ceremony, which we built with the guidance of Shyamala. We also appreciated that she respected our wishes to remain secular and incorporate our personal statements to one other. Everything Shymala did to help us prepare for our big day and her authentic delivery of those words made it what it was - memorable and uniquely tailored to the two of us.

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala did wonderful work for our wedding ceremony and for the preparations beforehand. She was very sensitive to our desires and took a lot of time with us. She put a lot of thought, care and love into our ceremony and truly made it special. She was also very flexible! I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Kelley, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala married my husband and I in June,2016. She was fully present for us from the first time we spoke to her to the wedding ceremony. She listened to what we wanted very attentively and pulled out of us our dream wedding and helped us to create just that! We highly recommend her..she is an angel!!

Profile Picture Celena, 1/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Both being rather shy people, my (now)husband and I were uncertain of what our ceremony would look like. We were nervous about standing in front of people, and weren't even sure what 'rituals' we wanted to do. With Shyamala, we needn't have worried at all! She made us feel so at ease, meeting with us multiple times over coffee, which really felt like lovely chats with a dear friend! She asked illuminating questions, learned about our history as a couple and helped us zero in on what we valued about having a wedding. She offered suggestions of readings and options of rituals that other couples had done, and always always reminded us that we could make anything our own - do the ceremony in our own way. And we did. With Shyamala's support, we had a beautiful ceremony that represented us as individuals, payed homage to our shared culture, and invited family participation in a simple but meaningful way. It was an incredible ceremony that felt true-to-us, transcendent and intimate. Everything was perfect and we have Shyamala to thank!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala has transformed our Special Day into The Most Blessed and Unforgettable moment in our lives. Despite the short notice, she was able to offer the sweetest and most amazing ideas that left, not only ourselves, but all guests SO Inspired at our wedding! She brought in a great sense of ease during the process that was felt throughout the ceremony. Shyamala is so resourceful! She has experience and knowledge of spiritual traditions that speak universally to all religions or beliefs. She is a wonderful listener and was able to extract from us what we really wished to experience in our wedding. I recommend her highly, and cannot think of a better way to get married if one wants a ceremony that reflects who they are, while being held by Shyamala's wonderful presence and energy and her Love.

Profile Picture User7554997, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I are delighted to have Shyamala serve as our officiant. Immediately upon our first meeting with Shyamala we were drawn to her warmth, sincerity and friendliness. The meetings were like chatting with a great friend! Shyamala intently listened to our stories with many questions to create a customized ceremony that reflected our journey. As an international marriage, we wanted to honor and incorporate my wife's culture in the ceremony. Shyamala had suggested various rituals and found the perfect Japanese proverb that told our story. Shyamala's presentation of "our story" was romantic, celebratory and inspiring. Her words were delivered from the heart. Shyamala was very detailed throughout the planning process. We felt at ease during each stage and relaxed on ceremony day. She incorporated meaningful Japanese phrases which was a very respectful and honorific gesture to my wife and her parents. Thank you for making our special day so memorable and joyous!

Profile Picture Michael, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

Shyamala did a wonderful job officiating our small wedding this September. Over two Skype calls and a handful of emails she helped us design a truly personalized yet simple ceremony where she told our story as a couple and helped us find ways to involve our families throughout. We found her extremely kind and easy to work with. Thank you Shyamala!

Profile Picture Eva, 9/12/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, No Denomination, Non-religious

Shyamala officiated our wedding at the Log Cabin the Presidio six weeks ago (August 2016.) We're so thrilled we found her! She is so warm, personable, and professional, and she is brilliant at what she does.

We met with her via Skype, and had two very lovely initial conversations. We didn't think we had "a story" per se, but she turned our disjointed ramblings about how me met and our eleven years of adventures into a real story that could be delivered to an all ages crowd. She had lots of wonderful suggestions of rituals we hadn't heard of, and we chose the ring warming and wine and letter box rituals. She also had us each write a few funny sentences about the other one so that she could work them in and infuse some of our sense of humor and personalities into the ceremony.

Shyamala put together a really beautiful ceremony for us. People kept complimenting us on it! It was personal, humorous and sincere. Look no further, Shyamala is everything you could possibly want in a wedding officiant. We can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Lexie, 8/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala was the officiant at our wedding, and she was spectacular. When starting to plan our ceremony, we were overwhelmed, but after our first meeting with Shyamala, we were totally at ease. She had great suggestions for how to structure the ceremony, and lots of ideas for how to personalize it for us. She listened carefully to the story of our relationship and crafted a beautiful ceremony that was unique to us. She also worked closely with us on incorporating some traditions we wanted to add. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, and I can't think of how it could have gone better. I highly recommend you invite Shayamala into your wedding as your officiant. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Ben, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala gave me and my husband a beautiful and spiritual ceremony. I knew from the first time I had talked to her on the phone that she would put together something really special for us. She is very kind hearted and sweet, but also professional at the same time. She asked us all the right questions and tailored the ceremony to our needs. I really felt like our ceremony was one of a kind and not just another cookie cutter wedding!

After our first telephone conversation we set up a Skype date so that she could get to know both me and my husband and that worked out perfect for mine and his busy schedules. She also was very good with emailing us back and forth when we needed her and gave us a full draft of how it would all happen on the day of. We had never met face to face and we never rehearsed the ceremony but it all went so smooth on our wedding day I couldn't have been any happier! She even had my family raving about how wonderful and unique our ceremony was.

Thank you again Shyamala for bringing me and my husband together as one on our very special day!

Profile Picture andrea, 8/26/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

We had both been married before, Lori is 45 and Ray is 52; our kids are gone and it's just the two of us. We found our shared, amazing love later in life and after several years together we wanted to be married. We wanted just a very small, intimate wedding with just the two of us - and our 3 dogs! On a warm summer morning in our tree-filled yard, Shyamala gently guided us through an incredibly personal, romantic and beautiful ceremony; we were both crying. Nothing is too big or too small for her, she was genuinely kind, engaged, responsive and professional. She is awesome. We highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User7298500, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala is very warm and welcoming! My husband and I met with her twice in person to go over the ceremony. She invited us into her home and took the time to get to know us. Through our conversations she was able to create a simple ceremony that included our "how we met story" and a ring warming (we passed out our rings to the guests). Shyamala is very open to various ideas and at times, when we were not quite sure what we wanted, she gave many suggestions and examples from other ceremonies. She always responded quickly to any of our questions and she sent us drafts of the ceremony to approve. Our ceremony was wonderful, easy, and full of love. Thanks Shyamala!

Profile Picture meghan, 7/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination

She was amazing. My husband and I did a destination wedding. We are from Colorado and our wedding was in San Francisco. When we got there, it was too chilly to have it at our original spot. She was not only flexible in changing the venue, she gave us several options to look at. We had a beautiful ceremony Shakespeare gardens. A place we out of towners never would have thought about.. Not only did she marry us on 4th of July weekend, it was also her birthday. So awesome!

Profile Picture Anna, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Shyamala is wonderful, proffesional and so lovely! She could include my dad who could not participate in the ceremony via skype and he could hear and see everything. She has a lot of ideas and really takes here time to create a ceremony just for you. We love you Shyamala!

We are from Sweden and we got married in Half moon bay, at the beach next to The Ritz-Carlton hotel.

Profile Picture Evin, 6/25/16, 1 Review