Ceremonies For All Reviews

73 | Blacksburg, VA

73 Reviews for Ceremonies For All

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/12/2015

Karen was extremely helpful and fun to work with leading up to our wedding and made our day a great one! She was willing to meet us in Roanoke initially, was quick responding to emails, and drove to our venue the day of our wedding. We couldn't have asked for a more exuberant officiant that was willing to shape a ceremony just for the two of us. Karen is wonderful and I would recommend her to any couple!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Karen did a great job with our ceremony. She took all of our input and tailored a very personal ceremony. We are a female same sex couple and were very very comfortable working with Karen. She truly believes in ceremonies for ALL and that was very important to us. Thanks Karen.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Jessi · Married on 05/30/2015

Karen was an absolute delight to work with. When my husband and I met with her for the first time, it was like catching up with an old friend. She took the time to get to know us as individuals as well as a couple, and also provided us with an in depth questionnaire that helped her create a beautiful and moving ceremony. It felt like she had known my husband and I our whole lives. She is such a warm and caring person and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect ceremony. I would highly recommend her to any couple looking for an officiant.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Ceremonies For All's reply:

Jessi, your wedding was so magical!! The streets closed off the music and you and Lee, it was really touching and made me cry happy tears. I remember meeting you both on that icy winter day and having thanksgiving lunch that you guys treated me to. I hope we can get together, I'm glad to stay in touch on FB and think you both are so luck to have each other. Much love to you both!!!! Give Lee a hug!

Maggie · Married on 05/30/2015

Karen was absolutely wonderful. Through our answers to an incredibly detailed survey she gave us, she crafted a ceremony just for us. It was thoughtful, personal, and beautiful. Karen is a great speaker, and many in our crowd gave us compliments on the ceremony. She answers promptly to emails, which is great for an out-of-town bride, and was flexible with meeting us in person. She was also very open to the few changes we had to the ceremony she crafted, and was very easy to work with. I couldn't recommend her highly enough.

For LGBT couples, Rev Osborne is THE officiant for you! She was keenly aware of the challenges in a same-sex ceremony and was very supportive.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Ceremonies For All's reply:

Maggie I love you and Katherine!! My face hurt from smiling so much!! I am dying to see pictures. Next time your out my way please come over!!XXOOOO
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 05/30/2015

My husband and I planned our wedding from afar as the events were held 4 hours away at our beloved Alma Mater, Virginia Tech. Recently married friends in our situation told us about their awful experiences interviewing countless officiants before settling on one. Determined to not waste a day interviewing, I did research (God bless Wedding Wire!) and was lucky enough to come across Karen’s website and glowing reviews.

We set up a meet and greet at Panera in Blacksburg and got great vibes. We felt we had a unique situation and Karen was kind and caring while hearing our story. We had been together almost 9 years prior to our big day when his Dad, whom we were very close with, suddenly passed away not even a year before our wedding. This was an extremely delicate situation to be in as emotions were raw and we wanted to honor his influence on our relationship while balancing our emotions and those of family and friends in attendance. Karen guided us through this process and created a custom service which fit us perfectly.

Although we only met once prior to the wedding, I was truly impressed how Karen captured the essence of our relationship. We received a planning questionnaire that she used to create our ceremony script, which we received a copy of and made edits to a few weeks prior to the wedding. Knowing everything that was going to be said helped ease my nerves and it was just as special hearing it on the big day. I know I am biased but the wedding was a blast. Karen captivated the audience (she didn’t even use a mic!) and had everyone laughing throughout. We received amazing feedback from friends and family who said it was the most beautiful ceremony they had been to. One of our attendees is even using Karen for her upcoming nuptials in September.

Can’t recommend enough, thanks for everything Karen!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Ceremonies For All's reply:

Thank you so very much! Officiating your wedding was a joy and an honor. I am so thankful for your review and for having the pleasure of meeting you and Tripper and both of your families. Much love to you both!! Karen

Brooke · Married on 05/09/2015

Karen was just perfect! The ceremony was so much better than we ever could have imagined and she really made it feel like 'us.' There was smiling, laughing (lots of it!), and crying and was just so flawless. Would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone who wants a ceremony that is personal and shows who you are as a couple. Thank you!

Sent on 05/11/2015
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 12/28/2014

Working with Karen was one of the best parts of our wedding. We spent such a long time trying to decide who would marry us as we wanted an interfaith, but very personal, ceremony. As I scrolled through great reviews of Karen online, I decided to give her a call. From the moment we spoke, I knew she was it. She was so warm, open, and interested in not just getting to know Andrew and I, but sharing her own story as well in order to build a relationship. She asked so many questions that really made us stop and think, but it was these questions that allowed her to write the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony we could have ever imagined. When planning, she told us that the audience would think that she had known us for years, and boy was it true! Our guests were crying, and laughing, and cheering! It was the most memorable moment of our lives and it is even that much more special when we look back and know that it was Karen who married us.

Sent on 03/04/2015

She put together a great ceremony for the two of us, i loved that she sent us home with a copy of it! She made the day very memorable for us!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Brooke · Married on 08/02/2014

Karen is amazing. If you are looking for a personalized wedding ceremony that will make your guests smile, laugh, and cry, Karen is the one for you. From the first time we met Karen, we just clicked with her. It is rare that you meet someone who so obviously loves their job, and Karen definitely does. She took the time to get to know us, and the questionnaire she gives you is fantastic and really lets her get a sense of who you are as a couple, and she uses that to build a ceremony that is as unique as your love. Karen is always available through email, and answers quickly. My family all loved Karen too, she is just so easy to talk with. I really cannot say enough nice things about her.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2014

Karen helped us create a ceremony that was personal and crafted to suit us as a couple. As a couple, it was very important that our ceremony reflected our lives together and also involved our family and friends. Karen was very attentive to our wishes and used her previous experience to create a ceremony that was truly unique to us. We've received many compliments from our wedding guests saying how much they enjoyed our ceremony. We would definitely recommend Karen and are very thankful for her help!

Sent on 06/22/2014
  • CeCe

Carolyn · Married on 05/03/2014

We couldn’t have been more pleased with how wonderfully our ceremony turned out! At our reception we had so many people coming up to us and saying that it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever heard, and seemed so personal! Karen was so easy to work with, enthusiastic, and quick to respond to emails and questions. She wrote the entire ceremony based on what we told her about ourselves and tailored it to us as a couple. She was open to any changes or tweaks that we wanted to the ceremony and really made it in to exactly what we wanted. Our ceremony wouldn’t have been the same without Karen and we can’t thank her enough for how much work she put in to making our ceremony special. I really recommend Karen if you want a ceremony customized based on you as a couple and what you want in your marriage. She does an amazing job and is wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Bonnie and Scott · Married on 04/26/2014

Karen was everything we could have asked for in an officiant and more. She went above and beyond and we couldn't imagine anyone else performing our ceremony!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Carmen · Married on 10/27/2013

Karen went out of her way to incorporate our wishes for the ceremony we desired. She was particulary sensitive to the nature of our family dynamics. Her ability to custom tailor our service was unforgettable. Probably the most memorable part of the ceremony was her inclusion of our son. Her laid-back nature was incredibly disarming, and put everyone at ease, from the outset, including the majority of our family members who had not met prior to the ceremony beginning. We were very glad to receive a copy of the beautiful ceremony that she had prepared for us. We didn't realize until after the ceremony was over that it was actually her birthday; her selflessness in this regard was very impressive.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Robert & Kaela · Married on 10/13/2013

I honestly don't even know where to begin on how great Karen is.

Right from the beginning, she was just so accommodating and helpful to our every need, putting her experience to use answering all our questions and offering suggestions to make our wedding truly a celebration of our commitment. She was always quick to return a call or email and dedicated to making her part in our ceremony completely tailored to our unique relationship. Her ceremony was perfectly written and she continually kept us updated on her progress while she was writing it with us. All of our guests loved her as our officiant.

If we ever choose to renew our vows, Karen is our top choice!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Ann · Married on 09/29/2013

Karen was wonderful to work with and created a very personalized service for our wedding. She incorporated our ideas seamlessly with her own, and gave us a chance to review/change as much as we liked throughout the process. Most of all, she was kind, calm, and so helpful in creating a ceremony that was joyful and respectful of the religious diversity of the guests in attendance. We are so glad we found her!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/24/2013

Karen did an absolutely amazing job as our officiant! We did not give many "musts" and just wanted a simple ceremony that reflected us as a couple. Without much direction, Karen did a great job turning our correspondence and questionnaire into a very personable, romantic ceremony. Many of our guests commented how much they enjoyed our ceremony and how refreshing it was to see one so personalized. I absolutely recommend Karen as an officiant to any bride and groom!

Sent on 03/18/2014

Tony · Married on 05/18/2013

The way you wove our selves into the ceremony and the way things played out was nothing but magical. You are gifted in your ability to take what is us and turn it into words.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Chris · Married on 02/02/2013

Karen was so easy to work with, fun, organized, and really made our ceremony special. When she says she's going to do something she follows through. She was very open to personalizing our ceremony to the way we wanted it.

Sent on 03/10/2013

Estela · Married on 12/15/2012

It has been over 4 years since you married John and I December 15th 2012 and we are so grateful. I am so happy you gifted us the words put together by you for our ceremony. It was our words with a much cooler spin. Our wedding was magic because of you and we welcomed a baby girl not too long after. I recommend you as often as I can. YOU ARE SPECTACULARLY AMAZING!!!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Ceremonies For All's reply:

Dear Estela, Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! I have such wonderful memories of your wedding, your families and the sand ceremony with you John and Elyssa! Two wonderful families from different cultures that were so much fun to be with, dance with and to even help clean me up when the waiter accidentally spilled barbecue sauce all over me! What a wonderful evening! Congratulations too on your younger daughter!! If there is anything I can ever do to be of service please let me know!! What great memories! Thanks for writing this! Best wishes to a beautiful couple and family!! Karen

Emily · Married on 11/10/2012

Karen provided us and all of our guests the most memorable wedding ceremony ever known. She spent quality time getting to know us as a couple prior to our big day. Karen brought our story to life in her delivery. Our guests laughed, cried, and raved endlessly after the ceremony on how they had never in their lives experienced a ceremony so personal and amazing. This will never be forgotten and it's all thanks to the amazing attention to detail we hoped for. Karen exceeded every expectation and made our ceremony and vows to one another perfect! Absolutely the best Officiant!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Becky · Married on 06/30/2012

Karen was the officiant for our wedding on June 30, 2012. We originally met her at another wedding in 2010, and we were so impressed with her ceremony. When we became engaged, we knew we would have her as our officiant. My husband and I are from two different cultures and religions, so it was important for us to capture traditions from both sides and find someone who was willing to work with us. Karen did an exceptional job on writing our ceremony based on our values, beliefs, and histories. She met with us numerous times prior to the wedding to ensure that everything was according to our expectations. I would highly recommend Karen as your officiant. She is very professional, caring, funny, and easy to work with.

Becky P.

Sent on 03/06/2013

Leah · Married on 05/10/2008

From the first time we met her, we knew that Karen was the perfect person to marry us. She was warm and friendly, positive and accomodating. She went the extra mile (literally) by driving to our wedding location which was off the beaten path. Karen customized a ceremony that included all of our requests and delivered it beautifully. We are so glad that we chose her to officiate our special day! Five years and two kids later, we still talk about how lovely our wedding ceremony was.
    Mack and Leah Douglas

Sent on 03/09/2013

Lianne · Married on 06/30/2012

Karen is great! She is personable, compassionate and understanding - she takes the time to get to know you and your mate before you get married so that she can add that special touch to your day.

Karen is also extremely committed - when the "durecho" blew down a tree trapping her car in the driveway the night before our wedding, she made it her business to find a way to make it to our wedding and marry us. She will not let you down!

The same storm left us without power for the microphones and speakers that we were supposed to have ready for her on our wedding day as well. But, Karen gracefully, "rolled with the punches," so to speak - she was able to speak loud enough and clearly enough that everyone in attendance was able to hear her.

Our wedding was so personal and so unique that people *actually* remember it - almost a year later, they still talk about how awesome Karen was and always want to know "where we found her." Most of all, they remember the levity (which was important to us) that Karen bestowed on our wedding.

If you are looking for a memorable, personable officiate to make your special day unique (and fun!) - look no further - Karen is the one!

Sent on 03/13/2013