Ceremonies by Nanette Reviews

Ceremonies by Nanette 4
Ceremonies by Nanette 5
Ceremonies by Nanette 6
Ceremonies by Nanette 7

Nanette created a beautiful, perfect ceremony for us this past weekend. It was everything that we hoped it would be. She made our day so special and personal; we are truly appreciative of that.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Kami · Married on 10/05/2013

We highly recommend Nanette as a wedding officiant, especially if you're looking for someone to help you articulate your personal “love story” as the heart of your ceremony. From our first meeting with Nanette she made us feel calm, relaxed, and excited to start working on our ceremony together. She really got to know us over the course of a year through her unique questionnaires that we each answered separately and then shared with one another later. It was fun for my husband and I to share our answers with one another and it really helped keep us focused on what our wedding was really all about during the whirlwind of planning everything. Since Nanette shared the ceremony with us prior to the wedding, we both felt very present during the ceremony and it is still one of my clearest, and most cherished, memories from our wedding day. She even gave us guidelines to write out own vows, which was a helpful start in such a personal process. After the ceremony, and even still, everyone has told us how amazing and "uniquely us" the ceremony was and what a great job Nanette did of articulating that. It couldn't have done a better job! We love Nanette!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Brett · Married on 09/28/2013

Nanette is the best!!! She made our ceremony so personalized and was fantastic to work with. She gave us a list of questions about our relationship and had us fill them out individually. Then, she used pieces of each of our questionnaire to put together an amazing reading. Nanette was extremely responsive to our questions and she has a calm presence that made us feel at ease on the alter. If you want the best officiant in the Santa Barbara area, look no further than Nanette!

Sent on 10/16/2013

stefanie · Married on 09/28/2013

We are so happy we went with Nanette for our ceremony! The best!

Sent on 11/10/2013

Catherine · Married on 09/14/2013

Nanette, I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to thank you again!!! You were the best!!! Your calming smile told me Cate and Frankie were in good hands. When I told you right before walking down the aisle that Cate was starting to get nerves you looked at me and said "don't worry I will take care of her" you will never know how much your words meant at that moment. Nanette I wish you could have heard all the complements we received from everyone about you!!! They told us what a beautiful and personal story you told about the kids. We were asked if you were family because the kids seemed so comfortable and calm with you! Thank you again , I believe we will see you again with daughter number two! :)

Sent on 10/08/2013

Ryan · Married on 07/19/2013

Nanette made our wedding incredibly unique, personalized, and special. We were thrilled to have her as our celebrant, and her work was beyond our expectations. Would definitely recommend to others seeking a celebrant in the Santa Barbara area!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Nanette did a wonderful job as our wedding officiant.
    It was a great day, made more special by the custom ceremony.
    Nanette's suggestions added a special warmth to the service.
    She also made sure that we remembered to breathe and to take in the momentous occasion. Very professional.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Allison · Married on 07/04/2013

We can’t say enough good things about Nanette. We set out to have a very intimate, personal ceremony that was a celebration of who we are as a couple. We lucked out that we found Nanette. The moment I spoke with her on the phone I knew she was the right person to officiate our ceremony. She is warm, thoughtful, intelligent, and generous of spirit. She used a questionnaire to really get to know us, wrote a beautiful draft of our ceremony, then patiently worked with us to fine tune it to exactly what we wanted. When we finally met Nanette, she was lovely, a wonderful presence on our big day. And I will always be grateful to her for the moment she took before we started to remind us to be present, and take our time. I get teary as I write this—our ceremony was so perfect, better than we even imagined. It was joyful and personal and funny at times and meaningful –everything we hoped for. I will treasure the memory of it and I’ll forever be grateful to Nanette.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Toby · Married on 04/24/2013

Nanette is completely fantastic! She is kind, generous, thorough and insightful. She will come up with creative suggestions to make each ceremony unique. I can't recommend her highly enough - if there were 10 stars available - she would get every one!

Toby Theule, Wedding Planner/Coordinator
    sbweddingcoordinator.com

Sent on 05/21/2013

Andrea · Married on 04/20/2013

Our experience of our wedding would not have been the same without Nanette. She was so easy to connect with from the moment we met with her in the coffee house. She took her time to really get to know us and what our needs were. She set up the process so we could answer a series of questions over several months. She really understood what our spiritual beliefs were and was able to provide some amazing readings/blessings/poems that resonated with us. She wove together our "love story" based on all of the questions that we answered and her time spent with us in person. She supported us writing our own vows and was always available to help. She created the most meaningful and personal ceremony that we could imagine. The best thing was that she did it using all of our own words so it was so unique and intimate. Her presence at the ceremony was our rock....she is authentic, grounded, and has a great sense of humor. All of our guests commented on how "it was the best ceremony they had ever been to". That we owe to Nanette.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Katie · Married on 04/06/2013

From the second we spoke on the phone - I knew Nanette was "the one". If you're looking for someone who will really get to know you...and your story - you've found her!

She helped make our ceremony the most beautiful experience of our lives. We could not be more grateful to have found her.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Jill · Married on 10/28/2012

Nanette was wonderful to work with in creating a perfect ceremony that embodied the true relationship of the couple, so much so that the sister of the bride asked how she knew the couple, as Nanette truly takes the time to know her clients, and that really comes across in the ceremony.

Sent on 04/03/2014

One of our biggest struggles while planning our wedding was finding the perfect officiant. We had searched all over the central coast to no avail. We found Nanette online and based off her information on her bio we decided we wanted to meet with her. From the moment we saw her we knew that she was our officiant. Nanette exudes a caring warmth that can make anyone instantly comfortable. Her soothing voice and commitment to tailoring vows just the way we want them won us over. (and her smile). We would recommend Nanette to anyone that prefers a ceremony specifically tailored to their needs and tastes.

Sent on 12/01/2012

Richa · Married on 10/20/2012

Nanette is wonderful! She was willing to take us on even though we were getting married in less than a month. She was very attentive, helpful, and genuine. We answered her questionnaire which was very helpful for as a couple because it allowed us to really think about what we wanted at our ceremony. She listened to all of our ideas and even suggested some of her own which were wonderful. She is very intuitive and really takes her time to put together a beautiful piece. Many of our guests said it was the best ceremony they have been to. She made the ceremony very personal, intimate, and very unique to us. We would hands down recommend her to our friends.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Megan · Married on 08/26/2012

Our experience with Nanette was incredible. She has a warm and encouraging spirit and was a delight to work with. The process of creating our ceremony helped us to step back and look at the love we had for each other and the journey we had been though to get to our wedding day. We laughed and almost cried our way through the 30 questions. Nanette's final product was perfect. We were all calm, comfortable, and prepared and Nanette's delievery was beautiful. Multiple guests shared with us that it was one the best ceramony that they had heard- personal, true to life, lighthearted, uplifting, and entertaining. Nanette has our highest recommendation. We couldn't be happier and would do it all over again in a heart beat.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Corinne · Married on 08/18/2012

Nanette was absolutely wonderful to work with! She spent a lot of time with my husband and I to create a very personalized and meaningful ceremony. The ceremony was exactly what we were looking for and completely exceeded our expectations in content and delivery. Nanette has a wonderful presence and captivated our audience. I truly appreciated her attention to detail and genuine interest in getting to know us on a personal level and wanting to learn about our lives and what is important to us. Nanette was always on time and very organized. After our initial meeting with her we walked away with complete confidence in her as our officiant. As a bride it was a huge relief to work with someone like Nanette who we would count on in every way. We would choose her again in a second!

Corinne & Travis

Sent on 08/30/2012

Alexis & Kevin · Married on 08/16/2012

What can we say that already hasn’t been said? We have read the other comments and we couldn’t agree more – Nanette is awesome! Being from Canada and having a destination wedding, we really had to rely on the comments that were left by others who had Nanette officiate their wedding, and we weren’t disappointed.

Nanette exceeded our expectations and then some. We had a very intimate wedding and even only after meeting her in person the day before our wedding, it felt like she was a member of our family.

Our ceremony was truly intimate, fun, relaxed, and memorable – everything we wanted. All of our guest commented on how much they loved our ceremony and Nanette’s delivery. Without hesitation, we would highly recommend Nanette.

Thank you Nanette for our wonderful day.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Brian · Married on 05/19/2012

My wife and I had Nanette perform our ceremony. I can say it was our ceremony because Nanette worked with both of us to ensure we had the ceremony that we wanted.

Sent on 07/14/2012

Larissa · Married on 05/19/2012

Nanette was fantastic! My husband and I came from different religious backgrounds and even though we didn’t want a ‘religious’ ceremony, we still wanted a ceremony highlighting tradition, family and unity. Nanette created a beautiful ceremony that encompassed everything we wanted and more!

We found Nanette on the internet, and even though we did not actually meet her until the week of our wedding (we were planning a ‘destination’ wedding to one of our hometowns), Nanette made us feel that we had always known her. Her pleasant demeanor and warm personality mimicked that of a favorite aunt. We found ourselves eager to complete the little questionnaires Nanette gave us during the development process, and this also reinforced that our ceremony was being created from scratch; as unique as we are as a couple.

We worked together to create our ceremony: Nanette would create a passage and send it to us for review… sometimes we would make small changes, but for the most part we were thoroughly impressed with how well Nanette phrased what we wanted to convey. She didn’t shy away from including some more quirky parts that truly reflected who we are- our guests were laughing and crying throughout our ceremony.

Overall, we were SO very happy that we chose Nanette to perform our ceremony and strongly recommend her to any couple. Her insight, compassion, understanding and professionalism make her worth every penny of her fee--- and we will happily contact her for any future ceremonial services!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Adrianna · Married on 04/21/2012

My husband and I got married in April and she was the perfect fit for us. We wanted something personalized with our stories and how we met, and the ceremony she wrote for us was exactly what we wanted. Everything was easy and went smoothly. The emails and meetings we had before the wedding were all productive and comfortable- everything was explained and laid out for us- always a plus :)

Sent on 06/28/2012

malia · Married on 09/17/2011

My husband and I hired Nanette to be our officiant for our wedding. Little did we know that Nanette would be so much more. Not only did she conduct our whole ceremony with love and grace, she also was thoroughly prepared, and she was a great source of comfort for Christian and I leading up to our wedding day and during our ceremony. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I have vendors like Nanette, who went above and beyond, to thank for it.- Malia M.

Sent on 05/16/2012
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 09/17/2011

Nanette was the best officiant we could ask for! As a wedding planner myself I have seen other officiants at work, but Nanette is the best by far, and she really cares about the couples she interacts with. She also worked with our budget while still giving us a personalized, beautiful ceremony. My husband and I are nervous when it comes to public speaking, but Nanette created a calm, safe space for us to say our vows. It was lovely and intimate, and I can't say enough good things about her. All of my family and wedding guests loved her as well. She was so sincere and sweet, and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/07/2015

C. · Married on 05/29/2011

We wanted a ceremony that would honor the significance of our vows and our union, but would also reflect our playfulness and sense of humor. The ceremony Nanette crafted exceeded our expectations. She helped us be present and enjoy every moment. Looking back at our wedding day, the ceremony stands out as the highlight. This is true not only for us, but many of our guests. It was perfect. We also really enjoyed working with Nanette before the ceremony. We spent many nights curled up by the fire re-living our courtship, dreaming of our future, and discovering new things about each other. That journey was so important to us. We are so thankful for the conversations Nanette fostered as well as her insights and warmth along the way. - Callie K.

Danielle · Married on 10/18/2008

Having Nanette as our wedding officiant was a fantastic experience! Before the wedding, Nanette spent a lot of time learning about us as a couple and discussing our vision for the ceremony. She worked with us to create a ceremony that genuinely captured our relationship and values. Nanette also helped us reflect on our time together as a couple which made our ceremony and our vows feel even more meaningful. The ceremony was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Thank you, Nanette, for making our wedding ceremony so special! - Danielle B.

Tom · Married on 10/18/2008

Nanette was there for us during every step of the planning process, patiently working with us to plan a unique ceremony. When the day of the wedding came, she was very well prepared, and her calm demeanor was always reassuring. Overall, Nanette did an incredible job, and we are forever thankful! - Tom B.