Ceremonies by Nanette Reviews

Ceremonies by Nanette 5
Ceremonies by Nanette 6
Ceremonies by Nanette 7

Marianne · Married on 10/20/2015

My husband and I worked with Nanette for our wedding this past Fall. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. Her words at our wedding were beautiful and heartfelt, her manner was gracious and her approach loving and detailed. We saved the script she used for our ceremony and will look to it often as guidance through the years - as the language was so wonderfully crafted to start us on our journey. For any couple looking for an officiant who is sincere and will provide them with the direction to create a ceremony perfectly tailored to the couple's tastes, you can look to Nanette in every respect. We would highly recommend her to future couples - as you will certainly love your experience as much as we did.

Sent on 11/08/2015

We met Nanette at the Santa Barbara Bridal Expo and instantly liked her. We read reviews and interviewed several other officiants but we both agreed that Nanette was our first and only choice.

Nanette personally met with us and helped craft our ceremony, the most important part of our wedding. She gave us helpful tips and was available to answer questions and coach us along in our process. It turned out perfect and we can’t imagine getting married without her. Our guests all commented on how well spoken, wonderful, calm, sincere and even the perfect amount of humor she added to our day.

We had a medical issue during our ceremony and Nanette handled it professionally and also took very good care of us at the same time. She had the brilliant idea to finish our ceremony at another spot, so we ended up having the two parts of our ceremony at the two most beautiful areas on the rooftop! Nanette turned a negative into a positive!!

We cannot say enough about how critical Nanette was to our amazing day. Thank you Nanette!

-Chris & Michelle

Sent on 10/21/2015

rebecca · Married on 10/03/2015

Working with Nanette was such a joy and privilege. What I loved most is that she doesn't take a one-size-fits-all approach to the ceremony, she crafted the ceremony based on our relationship. She sent questions to us separately and we answered individually so that she could really get a feel for us as individuals as well as together as a couple.

We are not a religious couple so it was a little difficult at first to find an officiant to fit our needs. Nanette was able to craft a ceremony that felt true to us and told our story. All of our family, friends, and guests commented on how the ceremony really mirrored us as a couple.

In addition to creating such an amazing ceremony, she was great at making us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. With so many nerves and emotions the ceremony flies by so quickly, but she was great at really pulling us into the moment so that we could really cherish and enjoy it.

I could go on for days about how amazing Nanette was to work with and I would recommend her to any couple!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/29/2015

My fiance and I decided to have my brother be our wedding officiant, but since he had never written a ceremony before we thought it'd be a good idea to have a professional write it for us. After doing some quick research and reading reviews, we had a quick phone convo with Nanette and felt like she instantly had a great feel of us and what we were looking for in our ceremony.
    She has two options when writing a ceremony, and we went with the more personalized one-and I'm so happy that we did! She sent us a questionnaire which was a great way for us to reflect on ourselves and us as a couple before the wedding. From our answers, she crafted a beautiful and very personalized ceremony. We absolutely love it and could have never been able to capture our love story the way she did.
    We would definitely recommend Nanette's ceremony writing services and cannot wait to have all of our guests hear her work in a couple weeks!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Nanette officiated my wedding and I could not have found a more carrying, personal and wise individual to lead the wedding. I never write reviews, but Nanette was a voice of calm and professionalism in what can be a hectic time. Nanette met my wife and I on several occasions and corresponded via email whenever we needed assistance. Her process was thoughtful by engaging my wife and I on questions that allowed us to revisit our relationship, dynamics and how are lives had arrived to that moment. Nanette's process translated into a great speech by Nanette that was personal and true (not generic) and allowed my wife and I to write meaningful vows. I highly recommend Nanette.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Nanette was wonderful to work with. We could not have asked for a better person to officiate our wedding! So glad we found her.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Samantha · Married on 07/20/2015

Nanette was readily available for discussion any time we had a question or needed to touch base. When our plans changed and we had to move the wedding out of state, she finished the ceremony for us and made it available to the officiant to perform. We really appreciated her professionalism, warmth and patience with us and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Hamilton · Married on 07/18/2015

They say it never rains in Southern California, and for the most part it doesn't except for the one hour that we had our ceremony. Even with the only rain fall in Southern California in as long as anyone can remember Nanette was so calm and cool. If it was;t for her optimism and calm demeanor we made it through our ceremony and had a wonderful day. She is so easy to speak to and the way she conducts the ceremony is so smooth and gentle.
    Weddings are stressful enough for any Bride and Groom, throw some thunder and lightning into the mix, an outdoor ceremony, and 200 guest in the rain...She kept it calm and got us married with elegance.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Henrik · Married on 07/07/2015

Thank you Nanette!

We are a Norwegian couple who wanted to get married in California. Luckily we found Nanette and we felt connected from the first time we spoke. We had contact online and had a few phone calls. This worked out very well. The whole prosess in front of the wedding was very good and fun. We felt cared for in the whole process.

Nanette was the best officiant we could dream of. She was perfect. She made our wedding very special. She understood our needs and helped us out with everything we asked for. The ceremony became very personal and beautiful because of her.

Nanette is a warm and present person. We felt very confident under her guidance. She made us relax and enjoy our special day. Everyone in the party felt included in the ceremony.

We highly recommend Nanette!

Renée & Henrik

Sent on 11/01/2015

Lindsay · Married on 05/30/2015

We could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony all thanks to Nanette! We wanted a personalized, non-denominational ceremony for our outdoor destination wedding and Nanette truly delivered. Not only were the 30+ questions to get to know us as a couple a great pre-wedding exercise, but it allowed for the most beautiful ceremony. Nanette has a warm, welcoming demeanor and her friendly charisma put all of the guests at ease - and helped when Matt and I became teary eyed during our lovely ceremony. I highly recommend Nanette to anyone wanting a ceremony to remember! She even put together a copy of our ceremony so we will have it to treasure forever.

Sent on 06/02/2015

shannon · Married on 05/15/2015

Choosing an officiant can be a little hard. I know that I wanted to make sure that anyone involved in our ceremony truly knew us and our story. After talking with Nanette over the phone, Devin and I both knew that she was the perfect person to perform our ceremony. We wanted the ceremony to be short, personalized to us as a couple and light hearted, she delivered that and so much more. She puts you completely at ease thru out the entire writing process up until the saying of the "I do's". All of our guests said that our ceremony was one of the best they've ever been to, and they loved that she did such a great job telling our story. Getting married can be very stressful, and I am so grateful that we found Nanette to make our day so special and totally relaxed. I would recommend her to anyone, she's amazing at what she does.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Rigo · Married on 05/09/2015

There are no words to express how extremely grateful we are to have had Nanette be the officiant at our wedding this past weekend, 5/9/15. From the start, Nanette listened, she was patient and helpful in helping us find the words and sentiment we wanted to convey in our ceremony. Not only did she help capture our ceremony and vows so eloquently, but equally important, she worked with us to avoid the things that we did not want in our ceremony. Nanette's compassion and amazing ability to connect with people allows her to tailor her ceremonies to the individuals and guests and helped capture and set the tone for our special day.

She absolutely exceeded all of our expectations above and beyond anything we ever imagined and we could not be happier to have worked with her. I would absolutely recommend anyone who is looking for an officiant to reach out to Nanette.

Rigo Rodriguez

Sent on 05/13/2015

Kerri · Married on 03/28/2015

We were fortunate to have the very kind Nanette perform our wedding ceremony in March of 2015. Her thorough preparations getting to know us, helping us set expectations and putting words and phrases to our thoughts and feelings about one another was invaluable yet still allowed for the inevitable last minute changes. The final ceremony comprised a perfect mix of humor and seriousness. It was personal, involved the audience in an authentic way and called attention to various key participants and family members that resulted in a unique heartfelt ceremony that was touching and poignant without being overly precious. Her presentation was clear, relaxed and perfectly paced. We highly recommend Nanette to give a caring and understanding voice and even a bit of guidance to anyone going through these important life changing events.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Teresa · Married on 03/20/2015

Selecting an officiant for your wedding ceremony is likely the single most important decision you'll make aside from the groom (and photographer).

My husband and I were married in Santa Barbara this March and, coming from Texas, didn't know anyone in the community and nobody knew us. Since our wedding was very small (only 10 people) I was afraid that I wouldn't find someone to reflect the intimacy of the moment or us as a couple. Then I saw Nanette McIntyre's website and was immediately attracted to the care that she seemed to take in preparing a moment for her customers that fit them. So I called her.

This was a great move! From day one Nanette was sweet, open and warm. She was also extremely competent! My husband and I chose to have a personalized ceremony and through a series of questionnaires, Nanette got to know all about us. She worked with us diligently over a four or so month period to understand who we were and what we wanted. She responded quickly to every inquiry or email. We never had to wonder where we were in the process.

The day prior to the wedding, she met us at the courthouse and walked us through the wedding day. She was just so sweet to us, making sure we felt comfortable with where we would be standing, how we would get there - everything.

The ceremony itself was so fitting, so very beautiful. It was everything I hoped for - it was us! The moment was intimate and special, light and warm and we will never forget it. She made a special book for us to take home and followed up with us about our marriage license.

Everything about our experience was wonderful. I suspect Nanette is able to deliver such a quality product because she is such a quality person. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

If you want a special ceremony, beautifully performed, that fits you and your love and celebrates all that you are and will be, this is your lady.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Lilly · Married on 01/10/2015

All we can say is, "Wow." Nanette did an amazing job, and my husband and I were so pleased with the ceremony. It truly was everything that we wanted it to be: honest, optimistic, light, and focused on the power and beauty of love. The words spoke directly to us, and will remain with us forever.

From the start, we knew Nanette was special. She initially spent an hour speaking with us on the phone, followed by a great deal of time compiling stories and responses we had written, and concluding with nearly two hours of face-to-face time to really get a sense of who we were, and what was important to us.

Hands down, the most common feedback we received from our guests was how unique and wonderful the ceremony was. They couldn't get over how meaningful and perfectly tailored it was to us.

We also appreciated how well Nanette kept us focused and relaxed both before and during the ceremony. She had such a calming presence, and made us feel comfortable every step of the way.

We will always remember her as an integral part of our wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Daniel · Married on 12/31/2014

The ceremony that Nanette created for us was so beautiful and memorable. The ceremony continues to be the part of our wedding that all our guests reference and remember, even for a NYE wedding with a fun party afterwards. Everyone was so touched - especially us! It was the most special day for us and we give her so much credit or putting together such a beautiful, memorable and emotional ceremony for us.

We really liked how she helped us craft a personalized ceremony. Before the process began I was worried that it would become daunting but it really was smooth, easy, and fun. We wouldn't change a thing about the whole experience. Nanette is so sincere and warm she makes you feel instantly comfortable and she was great at channelling our love into a ceremony that touched everyone. Thank you Nanette!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Michelle · Married on 12/13/2014

I don't know where to even start. Our entire planning process started with Nannette, and most of our other hired help for our wedding came from recommendations from Nannette. My husband and I felt an immediate connection with Nannette when we met her. There was a sense of love and kindness from her that we hadn't felt elsewhere. She didn't just put together a cookie cutter wedding. She sent us multiple question and answer sessions to better get to know us, and put together a personalized ceremony that included our 15 year story. She included our children and other members of our family, and made it an absolutely beautiful event. If you are looking for an officiant that will really get to know you and your spouse and your love story, then Nannette is the person for you. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Tuck and Ellen · Married on 11/29/2014

We simply loved working with Nanette. She has a wonderful sense of humor, gave us lots of good ideas for our ceremony, and accommodated our personal needs with tremendous ease and a welcome lack of drama. On top of all that, she has a very nice speaking voice and came through 100% in her role as officiant.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Joya · Married on 11/22/2014

I don't know what we would have done without Nanette. She HEARD us when we talked about what we wanted in our ceremony, and then gave us that and so much more.

Nanette brings a sincerity to every interaction, be it formal or casual, and approaches her work as she does her life: with reverence, humor, kindness, and personal connection.

Our ceremony was the most important part of our wedding to us, and we were asking a lot of our celebrant. We wanted a ceremony that honored the sacred but didn't mention any particular religion; a holy, bigger-than-us experience while still having it be all about us. And Nanette allowed us to contribute along the way as she created the ceremony we could never have written ourselves, and yet was so perfect that now we can't imagine having been married without it.

I cannot recommend Nanette enough for couples that want a meaningful, personal, ceremony worthy of the love you share.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Thank you Nanette for being a wonderful part of our wedding. The vows that you wrote for us based on the answers to your questionnaire were beautiful. You made our day easy for us and just right for our simple vision. My father, who is also a minister and officiant at his church, liked the vows so much he asked for a copy!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Sara · Married on 11/08/2014

Nanette,
    Thank you so much for officiating our wedding ceremony. It was truly magical and perfect! We have received so many compliments about how special and genuine it was.
    Your wisdom and guidance provided a wonderful framework for us, both with the questionnaires and the way you wove our stories together.
    The process was great -- we had the confidence (and had fun!) writing from the heart. The final product perfectly captured us and was executed flawlessly. We really appreciate how warm and caring you were with us from start to finish.
    With love,
    Sara & Bobby

Sent on 12/09/2014

Madeline · Married on 10/19/2014

Nanette was wonderful to work with while creating our ceremony. We clicked from the very beginning and loved telling her our story which became an integral part of the ceremony. She was very calm & professional, and kept everybody organized so everything went smoothly. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2014

Nanette was kind, warm, as well as professional. She really worked at making our ceremony special, and a perfect fit for our personalities. Many of our guests commented on how lovely the ceremony was. Highly recommend. Thank you Nanette!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Meggan · Married on 09/23/2014

Nanette is absolutely amazing! We would recommend her to anyone looking for a perfect wedding ceremony. She took our stories and personalities and created a ceremony that was personable and special just for us. We couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect ceremony! She is very professional and caring and is just wonderful!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Nanette made us feel so special! From her detailed and heart felt ceremony to her warm personality. My husband and I say that if we were to get married again, we would call her!

Sent on 10/11/2014