Ceremonies by Nanette Reviews

Ceremonies by Nanette 6
Ceremonies by Nanette 7

Henrik · Married on 07/07/2015

Thank you Nanette!

We are a Norwegian couple who wanted to get married in California. Luckily we found Nanette and we felt connected from the first time we spoke. We had contact online and had a few phone calls. This worked out very well. The whole prosess in front of the wedding was very good and fun. We felt cared for in the whole process.

Nanette was the best officiant we could dream of. She was perfect. She made our wedding very special. She understood our needs and helped us out with everything we asked for. The ceremony became very personal and beautiful because of her.

Nanette is a warm and present person. We felt very confident under her guidance. She made us relax and enjoy our special day. Everyone in the party felt included in the ceremony.

We highly recommend Nanette!

Renée & Henrik

Sent on 11/01/2015

Lindsay · Married on 05/30/2015

We could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony all thanks to Nanette! We wanted a personalized, non-denominational ceremony for our outdoor destination wedding and Nanette truly delivered. Not only were the 30+ questions to get to know us as a couple a great pre-wedding exercise, but it allowed for the most beautiful ceremony. Nanette has a warm, welcoming demeanor and her friendly charisma put all of the guests at ease - and helped when Matt and I became teary eyed during our lovely ceremony. I highly recommend Nanette to anyone wanting a ceremony to remember! She even put together a copy of our ceremony so we will have it to treasure forever.

Sent on 06/02/2015

shannon · Married on 05/15/2015

Choosing an officiant can be a little hard. I know that I wanted to make sure that anyone involved in our ceremony truly knew us and our story. After talking with Nanette over the phone, Devin and I both knew that she was the perfect person to perform our ceremony. We wanted the ceremony to be short, personalized to us as a couple and light hearted, she delivered that and so much more. She puts you completely at ease thru out the entire writing process up until the saying of the "I do's". All of our guests said that our ceremony was one of the best they've ever been to, and they loved that she did such a great job telling our story. Getting married can be very stressful, and I am so grateful that we found Nanette to make our day so special and totally relaxed. I would recommend her to anyone, she's amazing at what she does.

Sent on 06/17/2015

Rigo · Married on 05/09/2015

There are no words to express how extremely grateful we are to have had Nanette be the officiant at our wedding this past weekend, 5/9/15. From the start, Nanette listened, she was patient and helpful in helping us find the words and sentiment we wanted to convey in our ceremony. Not only did she help capture our ceremony and vows so eloquently, but equally important, she worked with us to avoid the things that we did not want in our ceremony. Nanette's compassion and amazing ability to connect with people allows her to tailor her ceremonies to the individuals and guests and helped capture and set the tone for our special day.

She absolutely exceeded all of our expectations above and beyond anything we ever imagined and we could not be happier to have worked with her. I would absolutely recommend anyone who is looking for an officiant to reach out to Nanette.

Rigo Rodriguez

Sent on 05/13/2015

Kerri · Married on 03/28/2015

We were fortunate to have the very kind Nanette perform our wedding ceremony in March of 2015. Her thorough preparations getting to know us, helping us set expectations and putting words and phrases to our thoughts and feelings about one another was invaluable yet still allowed for the inevitable last minute changes. The final ceremony comprised a perfect mix of humor and seriousness. It was personal, involved the audience in an authentic way and called attention to various key participants and family members that resulted in a unique heartfelt ceremony that was touching and poignant without being overly precious. Her presentation was clear, relaxed and perfectly paced. We highly recommend Nanette to give a caring and understanding voice and even a bit of guidance to anyone going through these important life changing events.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Teresa · Married on 03/20/2015

Selecting an officiant for your wedding ceremony is likely the single most important decision you'll make aside from the groom (and photographer).

My husband and I were married in Santa Barbara this March and, coming from Texas, didn't know anyone in the community and nobody knew us. Since our wedding was very small (only 10 people) I was afraid that I wouldn't find someone to reflect the intimacy of the moment or us as a couple. Then I saw Nanette McIntyre's website and was immediately attracted to the care that she seemed to take in preparing a moment for her customers that fit them. So I called her.

This was a great move! From day one Nanette was sweet, open and warm. She was also extremely competent! My husband and I chose to have a personalized ceremony and through a series of questionnaires, Nanette got to know all about us. She worked with us diligently over a four or so month period to understand who we were and what we wanted. She responded quickly to every inquiry or email. We never had to wonder where we were in the process.

The day prior to the wedding, she met us at the courthouse and walked us through the wedding day. She was just so sweet to us, making sure we felt comfortable with where we would be standing, how we would get there - everything.

The ceremony itself was so fitting, so very beautiful. It was everything I hoped for - it was us! The moment was intimate and special, light and warm and we will never forget it. She made a special book for us to take home and followed up with us about our marriage license.

Everything about our experience was wonderful. I suspect Nanette is able to deliver such a quality product because she is such a quality person. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

If you want a special ceremony, beautifully performed, that fits you and your love and celebrates all that you are and will be, this is your lady.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Lilly · Married on 01/10/2015

All we can say is, "Wow." Nanette did an amazing job, and my husband and I were so pleased with the ceremony. It truly was everything that we wanted it to be: honest, optimistic, light, and focused on the power and beauty of love. The words spoke directly to us, and will remain with us forever.

From the start, we knew Nanette was special. She initially spent an hour speaking with us on the phone, followed by a great deal of time compiling stories and responses we had written, and concluding with nearly two hours of face-to-face time to really get a sense of who we were, and what was important to us.

Hands down, the most common feedback we received from our guests was how unique and wonderful the ceremony was. They couldn't get over how meaningful and perfectly tailored it was to us.

We also appreciated how well Nanette kept us focused and relaxed both before and during the ceremony. She had such a calming presence, and made us feel comfortable every step of the way.

We will always remember her as an integral part of our wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Daniel · Married on 12/31/2014

The ceremony that Nanette created for us was so beautiful and memorable. The ceremony continues to be the part of our wedding that all our guests reference and remember, even for a NYE wedding with a fun party afterwards. Everyone was so touched - especially us! It was the most special day for us and we give her so much credit or putting together such a beautiful, memorable and emotional ceremony for us.

We really liked how she helped us craft a personalized ceremony. Before the process began I was worried that it would become daunting but it really was smooth, easy, and fun. We wouldn't change a thing about the whole experience. Nanette is so sincere and warm she makes you feel instantly comfortable and she was great at channelling our love into a ceremony that touched everyone. Thank you Nanette!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Michelle · Married on 12/13/2014

I don't know where to even start. Our entire planning process started with Nannette, and most of our other hired help for our wedding came from recommendations from Nannette. My husband and I felt an immediate connection with Nannette when we met her. There was a sense of love and kindness from her that we hadn't felt elsewhere. She didn't just put together a cookie cutter wedding. She sent us multiple question and answer sessions to better get to know us, and put together a personalized ceremony that included our 15 year story. She included our children and other members of our family, and made it an absolutely beautiful event. If you are looking for an officiant that will really get to know you and your spouse and your love story, then Nannette is the person for you. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Tuck and Ellen · Married on 11/29/2014

We simply loved working with Nanette. She has a wonderful sense of humor, gave us lots of good ideas for our ceremony, and accommodated our personal needs with tremendous ease and a welcome lack of drama. On top of all that, she has a very nice speaking voice and came through 100% in her role as officiant.

Sent on 12/06/2014

Joya · Married on 11/22/2014

I don't know what we would have done without Nanette. She HEARD us when we talked about what we wanted in our ceremony, and then gave us that and so much more.

Nanette brings a sincerity to every interaction, be it formal or casual, and approaches her work as she does her life: with reverence, humor, kindness, and personal connection.

Our ceremony was the most important part of our wedding to us, and we were asking a lot of our celebrant. We wanted a ceremony that honored the sacred but didn't mention any particular religion; a holy, bigger-than-us experience while still having it be all about us. And Nanette allowed us to contribute along the way as she created the ceremony we could never have written ourselves, and yet was so perfect that now we can't imagine having been married without it.

I cannot recommend Nanette enough for couples that want a meaningful, personal, ceremony worthy of the love you share.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Thank you Nanette for being a wonderful part of our wedding. The vows that you wrote for us based on the answers to your questionnaire were beautiful. You made our day easy for us and just right for our simple vision. My father, who is also a minister and officiant at his church, liked the vows so much he asked for a copy!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Sara · Married on 11/08/2014

Nanette,
    Thank you so much for officiating our wedding ceremony. It was truly magical and perfect! We have received so many compliments about how special and genuine it was.
    Your wisdom and guidance provided a wonderful framework for us, both with the questionnaires and the way you wove our stories together.
    The process was great -- we had the confidence (and had fun!) writing from the heart. The final product perfectly captured us and was executed flawlessly. We really appreciate how warm and caring you were with us from start to finish.
    With love,
    Sara & Bobby

Sent on 12/09/2014

Madeline · Married on 10/19/2014

Nanette was wonderful to work with while creating our ceremony. We clicked from the very beginning and loved telling her our story which became an integral part of the ceremony. She was very calm & professional, and kept everybody organized so everything went smoothly. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2014

Nanette was kind, warm, as well as professional. She really worked at making our ceremony special, and a perfect fit for our personalities. Many of our guests commented on how lovely the ceremony was. Highly recommend. Thank you Nanette!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Meggan · Married on 09/23/2014

Nanette is absolutely amazing! We would recommend her to anyone looking for a perfect wedding ceremony. She took our stories and personalities and created a ceremony that was personable and special just for us. We couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect ceremony! She is very professional and caring and is just wonderful!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Nanette made us feel so special! From her detailed and heart felt ceremony to her warm personality. My husband and I say that if we were to get married again, we would call her!

Sent on 10/11/2014

leta · Married on 07/26/2014

She wrote a beautiful and memerable ceremony for kyle and I. She made it taylored to us. No cookie cutter ceremony. She is warm and friendly. She is great at getting back to you and helping you with any questions.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2014

We had he pleasure of Nanette officiating our ceremony and we couldn’t be happier. She has such a warming, nurturing, loving, friendly, spiritual personality, which was felt by everyone at the ceremony. She worked with us on customizing the perfect ceremony, provided us template examples for inspiration, wove in our love story into the ceremony, helped us write our own vows, was a great listener of what we envisioned and she made it happen. She is very professional and so personable which was such a pleasure to be around. She even printed our ceremony inserting it into a book which she gave to us after the ceremony with a hand written thank you card. We were thrilled with Nanette and highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Sabrina · Married on 07/13/2014

Nanette helped our daughter and new son-in-law create a beautiful and completely unique wedding ceremony, one that reflected their love for each other and their families, as well as their individual personalities. The ceremony was elegant and dignified, it showed a great amount of love and respect, and had a dose of fun, too. It was the perfect start to a wonderful and very memorable day.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Clay · Married on 07/12/2014

My wife and I strongly recommend Nanette as a wedding officiant. Vetting officiants can be a daunting task, but we knew during our first meeting with Nanette she was the person we wanted to marry us. I strongly recommend meeting Nanette in person, she has a very warm personality and instantly you feel like you've been good friends for years.

We really appreciated her thorough process for getting to know us and the time she took to develop a truly heartfelt ceremony. Like many couples, we wanted our ceremony to be unique and Nanette was able to create a succinct and powerful story of our love. We received many compliments on how our ceremony was intimate, sincere and inclusive.

During the planning, my wife was living in Chicago while I was obtaining my masters degree at UC Santa Barbara. Nanette was very accommodating to our schedules and happily met with us when my wife was in town. Given our busy schedules, it was a relief that communication was always easy, whether it was via phone, meeting at a coffee shop, or through email correspondence.

On our wedding day, Nanette made my wife and I feel very comfortable in the midst of everything going on around us. She delivered our ceremony with a grace that left such a positive impression on our guests. She also created a beautiful, bounded text she read during our ceremony, and then gave us the book as a keepsake. We really enjoyed this personal touch and like that we will be able to share this book with our kids someday.

Nanette was a big part of our wedding day. We feel very fortunate to have met her and highly recommend her officiant services.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Virginia · Married on 04/12/2014

We used Nanette for our officiant of our wedding, and HIGHLY recommend her services! Nanette takes the time to tailor your custom ceremony to your principals, priorities and story. After a series of questions, she creates a beautifle yet simple ceremony with incredible impact. There was not a dry eye in the house at our wedding, and I was met with dozens of complements on it! She has a way of weaving the bride and grooms own words into a story with so much sentimental impact, while keeping it brief enough and to the point. To top it off, she is a very kind woman. I highly recommend her, if she is available!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Mandy · Married on 03/22/2014

Nanette was such an incredible officiant to work with, we couldn't have asked for anyone better to make our day so special! The moment she walked through the door we KNEW we wanted her to officiate our ceremony - her sweetness, openness, and calm composure exactly mirrored the energy that we wanted to have on our big day! Not only was she super easy to communicate with, she made great suggestions and tailored our ceremony to suit our personalities. Everyone who attended our wedding (I mean EVERYONE) commented on what an amazing job she did and we completely agree - Nanette was just wonderful!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Gregory · Married on 02/02/2014

The most intimate and incredible wedding ceremony that we could have ever dreamed of!!! True confession - we have known Nanette for 15 years when she lived in Amarillo Texas. We knew her passion and her heart and were so glad that she was in her new chosen profession as a celebrant when the Supreme Court decision allowed marriage for same sex couples. We originally planned to be wed in Santa Barbara on the courthouse lawn on our 20 anniversary and started working with Nanette to plan it. As the laws continued to change in our favor, New Mexico legalized same sex marriages. Santa Fe has meant so much to us over the years,and we knew that was the place for our wedding. We contacted Nanette, and she agreed to come conduct our ceremony there (5 stars for flexibility aren't enough)! She had us both fill out 3 questionnaires describing our lives together and developed the ceremony around that along with many phone conferences. It was beyond incredible! So real, so intimate, so us. In hindsight following our wedding, I would change absolutely nothing!!!

Sent on 02/13/2014

Gabriela · Married on 01/21/2014

Nanette was wonderful. My partner and I were so happy with the ceremony and we couldn't have imagined it any better. We felt at ease with Nanette and we just knew that our ceremony would be amazing.

Sent on 03/15/2014