Ceremonies by Kat Reviews

143 | Hollywood, FL

143 Reviews for Ceremonies by Kat

Haley · Married on 06/18/2015

When my husband and I decided we wanted to get married, we both knew we wanted an intimate and small wedding. We thought about having something small at home, but our families are big and didn't know where to draw the line when it comes to inviting friends. Ultimately, we made the decision to elope. I actually hate the word elope, because people automatically assume shot-gun wedding or you're running away from something.

We certainly did not run away from anything, rather, we ran to paradise. I had a vision in my head for how I wanted the day to go, but had a hard time explaining it. I knew I wanted it to be myself and my husband. I knew I wanted it to be meaningful and romantic. I didn't want to look like two weirdos on the beach getting married because we had no friends or family. I didn't want to just show up on an island and not know what I was getting myself into. I wanted to have everything planned, but not the normal crazy wedding planning where you want to pull your hair out.

We emailed Kat and everything from there was a breeze. She made our ceremony more than I could have ever imagined or dreamed of creating for myself. We explained what we wanted and expected and she took our wishes and made it so much more. If I had to do it all over again, I would have never wasted so much time looking at so many vendors and just emailed her right away. We certainly not weirdos on a beach and you could tell every married couple we ran into that day were scratching their heads wondering why they hadn't done the same thing!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Haley · Married on 06/18/2015

Sent on 07/23/2015

melissa · Married on 06/11/2015

Kat is wonderful. I am so glad I found her. I could not imagine my wedding day without her! I highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Debbie · Married on 06/03/2015

Kat was a such a treat to work with!! We were having a destination elopement with no idea where! I contacted her and she was thrilled to be a part of our special day! She helped guide us in our journey and provided us with a ceremony special to us! She listened to our wants and we gave her the freedom to put some of her own personality into the ceremony! It was truly a magical evening with her help! We also gained a friend for life!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/26/2015

Kat was my vow renewal officiant on Smather's Beach in Key West on May 26, 2015. She is AMAZING! I literally researched every officiant that I could find online, watched videos, read reviews, and I can truly say that I'm so glad I picked Kat! She took the time to get to know me, spent hours on the phone with me, and really listened to me. She created such a personal and heartfelt ceremony, almost as if she's known me forever (even though I contacted her for the first time 3 weeks before the ceremony!) Kat wasn't just there as a paid officiant, she really invested herself in our renewal, resulting in me having a friend standing by me and not just a "vendor". The ceremony ended up being even better than we planned, and I really hope you choose Kat for yours!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Shannon · Married on 05/23/2015

Kat was amazing! She got to know us, our style and our sense of humor through pre-wedding correspondence. One great tool that she used was a worksheet which asked us questions about our history together. We each filled it out separately so she got both sides of our story. A week or so before the wedding, she sent us a draft of what she planned to say during the ceremony which incorporated what we wrote in the worksheets. It was sentimental, sweet and funny. Exactly what we hoped for. The day of the wedding was even better. She stuck to what she sent us earlier and her delivery was perfect. She really nailed it. Thank you for making our day perfect, Kat!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/18/2015

Kat made sure taylor the ceremony just how we wanted it. She was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/17/2015

Kat performed a vow renewal ceremony for my husband and me. It was very personal, fun and exactly what we wanted. She was just as excited and overjoyed for us as we were. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 05/22/2015

We were truly lucky to have Kat as our officiant. She is very warm, friendly, professional and organized, and has a great sense of humor. We were able to tailor our ceremony just as we wanted but she also provided us with ideas when we needed them. We absolutely recommend her!!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Alexandra · Married on 04/24/2015

Kat was absolutely wonderful !! She was there to support us every step of the way, even when we wanted our dog to be the ring bearer. We had several guests from other countries and Kat helped us write the ceremony in advance so that it could be translated into other languages to include in the Program Guides. She is a great public speaker and delivered the ceremony in a calm, poised and also humorous way - she even learned a few Russian words to say at the beginning and end of the ceremony, which many people appreciated. We would highly recommend her to others!!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Theresa · Married on 04/21/2015

Kat was wonderful. After planning a vacation to the Keys, we decided 2 weeks before leaving to get married while there. She helped in organizing so many things and offered some great suggestions. She created our vows based on our story and they were beautifully read. We would recommend her to anyone & everyone. Thank you Kat for making sure our special day was great!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Danielle · Married on 04/16/2015

What a blessing it was to have found Kat!! Finding the right officiate to marry my husband and I was very important to me. I knew from the first time we spoke that she was the right one to marry us, and when meeting the day before the wedding, all my notions were confirmed! My husband and I could have stayed and chatted with her for hours! The ceremony she performed was exactly how we envisioned it, and we were both so comfortable and relaxed thanks to her. And when its time to renew our vows in 10 years.... we're calling Kat!! :)

Sent on 05/02/2015

Tara · Married on 04/07/2015

I came across Kat on the internet and contacted her about a last minute elopement. She got right back to me and we were able to agree on a date and time that worked best for both of us. Kat suggested the venue and it was absolutely perfect. She corresponded with me via email a few times prior to the wedding making sure to answer any of my questions in a timely manner. She even suggested a photographer friend of hers that was also just as kind and accommodating and easy to work with. The written vows from Kat's script were absolutely beautiful and were perfect for our simple ceremony. Kat was so friendly, welcoming and made us all feel very comfortable. I will recommend her to anyone I come across that is planning a ceremony in the Keys. I couldn't have wished for anything more, it was a perfect ceremony with memories I will cherish forever.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Brandee · Married on 03/27/2015

We found Kat, our officiant, through our dj and are so glad that she was recommended to us. During our initial meeting we chatted casually as if we had been longtime friends. We felt very comfortable with her and greatly enjoyed working with her to make our special day perfect in every way!

Sent on 05/02/2015

Lisa · Married on 03/24/2015

Kat was awesome, very personable and willing to help! She did an excellent job for us on a short notice.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Amy · Married on 03/23/2015

Kat was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone that needs her services!! She was very responsive to answering my emails and even helped me plan our wedding/ elopement from CT. I never felt like our ceremony wouldn't be as perfect as we always imagined and Kat even exceeded my high expectations. She was able to make us both laugh and relax throughout the ceremony. She is truly gifted at what she is doing.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Deanna · Married on 03/09/2015

As soon as I called Kat I knew I had found the person who would make our wedding day perfect. My fiancé and I were coming from New York to Florida to get married in a very romantic and intimate ceremony. We wanted someone who would capture our love story and deliver it into words that would make us laugh and cry with happiness. Kat did all of that and more. She was amazing to work with right from day one of planning. She talked on the phone we me for over an hour and got every detail I wanted. We worked together closely until the big day and I had complete confidence that she would make our wedding day perfect, and she did. What a wonderful experience. I would recommend Kat to anyone!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Carolina · Married on 02/17/2015

Kat was wonderful and easy to work with, offered great advice and made us feel very comfortable. With her help, organizing and planning the ceremony was effortless. She showed up on time and her calm, happy voice made the ceremony that much more memorable. Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/08/2015

Thomas · Married on 01/30/2015

Kat provided exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Rebecca · Married on 12/21/2014

Kat was very fun to work with. She has a great, bubbly personality. We spoke on the phone and even had the pleasure of having breakfast with her while down visiting pre-wedding. She did a great job at the wedding and we got a lot of complements on her.

My husband and I's one knock would be that she was too dependent on her script. We noticed because we obviously were standing very close, but would have appreciated a little more flexibility within the ceremony and less read from a script delivery. Overall - i think we noticed this more than any other guest and I would still highly recommend her.

She was on time, well dressed and polite to everyone. She stuck around for cocktail hour visiting with our guests, which was very nice! She also came to rehearsal and gave input and advise.

Kat was great! Thank you so much for a beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/28/2014

Kat was a wonderful officiant! I called her a week before my elopement and she was thankfully available! The ceremony she wrote for our special day was beautiful and I am so glad we chose her!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Laura · Married on 10/11/2014

Kat was absolutely wonderful! I left my husband to find an officiant to marry us while I was planning the rest of the wedding. As soon as we spoke to Kat I knew she was right for the job. She altered the ceremony to fit what we wanted and our needs. Every guest at our wedding is still raving about what a great job she did. I can not recommend her more!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Stacy · Married on 10/10/2014

Kat was the perfect officiant from beginning to end. She guided us through the initial process of creating the style of ceremony that matched our beliefs and personalities, kept in touch with us for the couple of months prior to the ceremony and then was an absolutely wonderful officiant during our ceremony. It was exactly what we envisioned. She was 100% there for us - rolled with what decisions we made and had a fantastic, positive, outlook throughout the entire planning process and ceremony. I highly recommend her services. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/21/2014
  • User4532043 · 2+ years ago

If you are looking for the most passionate officiant look no further. Kat is one of the most amazing ladies I have ever met. Her energy is one of a kind. My husband and I decided to elope in September. Our ceremony was planned in less than 2 weeks. Kat was so helpful during this process. After a phone consultation with both myself and my fiancé she crafted a ceremony that was perfect for us. I am forever grateful for her performing our ceremony.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Rose · Married on 07/11/2014

Kat is highly recommended! Although we contacted her just mere days prior to our wedding, she preformed the ceremony perfectly! Great personality. Great sense of humor. She was perfect for our beach wedding.

Sent on 08/10/2014