Ceremonies By Design Reviews

91 | Blue Mounds, WI

91 Reviews for Ceremonies By Design

Sally · Married on 07/14/2012

Joan was an absolute delight. She worked with us to create the perfect ceremony (short and simple) that we wanted and offered nothing but complete and utter support throughout the entire process. Joan was a blessing on our wedding day when several crisis arose- she took care of it all. As a bride/groom who did all the wedding planning themselves- it was a relief to finally get to enjoy the ceremony and forget the details. Though our Chuppah fell during the ceremony, and other little quirks occurred (lightning, etc), Joan simply made it part of the ceremony. We were so lucky to have an experienced and loving officiant who truly cared about our special day. She was one of the best parts of our wedding and I don't think I could have asked for a better officiant. She is one of a kind. If you want a personalized ceremony or would rather have her write it (she has several versions that would please anyone from agnostic/atheist to Christian/Jewish/Buddhist, and other faiths- you will find the ceremony you need. She is worth every penny. Book her early and then let the magic begin! Much love to Joan. -Sally and Joe

Sent on 08/10/2012

Allyssa · Married on 06/15/2012

Ceremonies by Design made my wedding experience/ceremony stress free and was everything a girl could imagine. Everything was specifically laid out months before the wedding so I knew exactly what to expect. Ceremonies by design was so flexible when it came to setting up meetings, etc. It made the whole experience stress free. I wouldn't have picked anyone else!!!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Dina · Married on 06/09/2012

Working with Reverend Joan was the easiest and least stressful portion of our wedding planning process. The ceremony was designed exactly to our specifications and her suggestions were extremely thoughtful. Her ceremony was wonderful, meaningful, and the perfect length. Moreover, she did a great job of relaxing all members of the wedding party, ensuring people were seated in the correct spot, and her presentation was in a word, flawless. We felt comfortable with her immediately and would recommend her to anyone for their wedding needs.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Nikki · Married on 04/07/2012

Joan is the BEST!! She is so sincere and great at what she does!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Sue · Married on 03/10/2012

Joan was awesome in all areas. She responded to every inquiry quickly and thoughtfully. She made it very easy for us to blend elements of a traditional religious with contemporary less religious vows. She was very open and accomodating to our location, ceremony format, as well as the date and the time.

Joan was a joy to work with. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Lydia · Married on 02/04/2012

Working with Joan was the easiest, most stress-free part of my wedding! She not only created a beautiful and personal ceremony for us, but was there to help navigate the details of the whole process along the way as well. We recommend her to any couple looking for an officiant!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Michelle · Married on 01/25/2012

I couldn't have seen our special day without Joan there. Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/05/2012

jami · Married on 10/22/2011

Joan was an amazing officiant. She went the extra mile, was relaxed, funny and thoughtful in
    Her choice of words. She also helped coordinate a
    Sand ceremony where we combined sand from our two countries as a symbolic
    Representation of our Union which was very cool! I would highly recommend
    Joan Tate!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Kim · Married on 08/13/2011

Reverend Joan is the best. Planning a wedding from overseas was difficult, but this was the easiest bit thanks to her. We were able to personalise every part of the ceremony and really make it 'ours'. Looking back, this was my favourite part of the day. Thank you Reverend Joan!!

Sent on 02/03/2012

Emily · Married on 05/28/2011

My husband and I worked with Joan and Karen to officiate our wedding. Joan provided great templates to help us craft our wedding ceremony. We were able to have a ceremony that fit our personalities and beliefs without a lot of hassle. Karen actually officiated our ceremony. She did a great job of providing direction at the rehearsal and making sure the day flowed smoothly.

Sent on 06/15/2011
  • User2820050 · 2+ years ago

Joan made planning our ceremony stress free and fun! She provided structure to planning our ceremony but also let us personalize it as much as we wanted. She also helped us obtain a marriage license and change my name.
    I would highly recommend Joan!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Leigh · Married on 09/27/2014

We are so thankful to have found and worked with Rev. Joan for our wedding ceremony. We found her after our original pastor moved too far away to do our ceremony. We had most of our ceremony written, and Joan came in to add the perfect compliments to the ceremony we had worked so hard on. The additions and changes she suggested were absolutely fantastic. Joan was very responsive which helped us get our ceremony planned and squared a few months before our actual wedding.

Rev. Joan, has an incredibly kind heart and is very professional. She added a level of peacefulness to our ceremony that we really appreciated. She isn't pushy at all when it comes to designing a wedding ceremony. She gently guides you to help create a ceremony that's perfect for you. We had several guests comment that they thought you did a wonderful job. Thank you so much for presiding over our ceremony, you were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Melanie · Married on 10/08/2016

Joan was awesome to work with! She is happy to work with couples to make the ceremony exactly what you want it to be. She was invaluable to us as a resource and we enjoyed working with her and getting to know her. She was accommodating and flexible with her schedule and was always happy to meet with us to make sure we had the perfect ceremony. We highly recommend Joan for whatever type of ceremony you'd like - she will make is special.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Eva · Married on 06/24/2015

Joan was amazing. We were beyond happy with the services she provided for us before, on and after our wedding. She was a little more than we budgeted for but I think that knowing that your officiant is experienced, going to do a great job, and not having to stress about the MOST important part about getting married (the actual ceremony) it was worth it. She was also extremely personable and genuinely cared about the small details and helping make the process easier for us. My husband and I were extremely satisfied with the services provided to us by Joan.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Joan was fabulous! Even though we were planning an out of town wedding, she was very easy to work with over email.

Sent on 09/05/2012

3.5

I enjoyed working with Joan and found her to be very professional. Joan takes the time to meet with you to get an understanding of the kind of ceremony you want and asks questions to learn about your love story.
    To ensure you get what you want out of your wedding day she provides a rough draft of your ceremony. At first blush I felt our rough draft was a little “cookie-cutter” and didn’t fit us, however Joan was open to suggestions and met with me one-on-one to amend our ceremony to fit our personality and style.
    I enjoyed working with Joan and was impressed at all the different vows, readings and prayers that she had on file for me to choose from. It really made it easy to find what I liked. I appreciated her professionalism and ability to deliver a wonderful ceremony. Thank you Joan!

Sent on 10/28/2012