Ceremonies By Design Reviews

91 | Blue Mounds, WI

91 Reviews for Ceremonies By Design

• Haley A.

Haley · Married on 08/13/2016

I cannot say enough good things about both Joan and Karen. They both did everything to make our wedding day PERFECT! would highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Courtney · Married on 08/12/2016

Joan was absolutely amazing! She helped us make our ceremony uniquely ours, and we received so many compliments on the service! Honestly, I think she is a bargain for the price! She was super flexible and very responsive to all of our last minute concerns and changes. I have no regrets, and am so glad we had her officiate our ceremony!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kristin · Married on 07/09/2016

Joan was exactly what we needed. We got to customize our ceremony, reviewing every word that would be said, but she also walked us through the process of putting the ceremony together. She gave us ideas for reading, vows, unity ceremonies, and everything in between. It can be as religious or secular as you want. I would recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Suraya · Married on 06/04/2016

Rev. Joan was phenomenal! My husband and I chose the personalized ceremony Joan offers and wouldn't have had it any other way. Our guests commented and continue to tell us how original and inspiring our ceremony was. We loved it and so did everyone else. The process was easy and relaxed. I would highly recommend Rev. Joan to anyone who is looking for a unique and personalized ceremony. She also provided us with a very nice booklet of our ceremony, which I absolutely love because I didn't remember to have anyone record our ceremony. So at least we still have the words :)

Sent on 06/10/2016
  • User5620164 · 2+ years ago

She was extremely helpful answering any questions and she helped us create a unique ceremony.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Joan is the absolute best - super easy to work with, SUPER flexible, and such a calming presence - we felt totally confident placing our ceremony in her very capable hands, and she delivered times 10. Our ceremony was memorable and personalized. I can't recommend her enough or sing her praises more highly. Hire her now!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Alex · Married on 10/23/2015

Reverend Joan was WONDERFUL! She was willing to meet us 1/2 way between our place and hers for our first meeting and was completely prepared and very knowledgeable from the start. She provided us with drafts of "traditional" and "contemporary" wedding ceremonies; each of which had multiple examples for each section of the ceremony. From there she let us completely customize our ceremony so that it was exactly what we wanted. We picked our favorite pieces from the examples she provided and added in some of our own ideas. In the end, we had our dream ceremony. We got so many compliments from our guests on the ceremony. They loved how personal and unique it was. We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Karen · Married on 09/26/2015

Reverend Joan Pape was totally awesome and is someone I would highly recommend!! She created a beautiful wedding ceremony!! She has many great ideas to share but is also very open to the couples thoughts and ideas as well. She tailors the ceremony to be exactly what the couple wants!! She is very reliable, efficient and truly enjoys what she does!!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Christian · Married on 09/12/2015

Rev Joan was amazingly professional, and helpful in helping create the perfect ceremony for my wife and I. She took the time to get to know us, and our relationship very well before drafting our ceremony. She created an incredibly personal and intimate ceremony which gave us exactly what we wanted for our big day. I couldn't recommend her more highly as an amazing officiant.

Sent on 09/28/2015

The ceremony was perfect and Joan was such a pleasure to work with! She really knows what she is doing and is a very experienced professional. She'll walk you through the process of creating a ceremony script, send you outlines/samples of readings, make suggestions, and incorporate your draft edits. She always responded right away and definitely put me at ease knowing she had things under control.

I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2015

Joan was a wonderful Officiant for our wedding. She did a great job of creating a very personal ceremony that both our Protestant and catholic families loved. She encouraged the ideas we had, and gave us suggestions when we needed them. We had so many people tell us it was one of the most personal and unique ceremonies they had ever seen. If you are looking for an officiant who is warm, personable and creative then look no further. I would recommend Joan to anyone!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Bethany · Married on 07/18/2015

We knew right away when meeting Joan for the first time that we wanted her as an Officiant. She took the time to get to know us in a comfortable setting and walked us through the entire process of creating a ceremony to fit our personalities and wishes. We were able to combine contemporary and traditional elements into our ceremony and include our own personal touches. We also really appreciated that Joan took the time to create and give us a beautiful copy of the written ceremony. We would love to recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Sierra · Married on 07/04/2015

My husband and I are so pleased we worked with Joan. We wanted our ceremony to be meaningful, personal, and thoughtful. We definitely got that and more. Joan was professional, made lots of really great suggestions on things we could add to our ceremony, but most of all she was easy to work with and very kind and calm — the exact sort of energy you want when planning a wedding. Working with her felt effortless because she was so professional, responded to all our questions within a reasonable period of time, and helped guide us through the entire process of working with her to create a personalized ceremony that spoke to the relationship my husband and I have built, and what we wanted to communicate to each other and our families on our wedding day. I will suggest Joan to all my closest friends and family for her great service, kindness, and professionalism!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Colleen · Married on 06/27/2015

You can feel safe and calm with Joan as your officiant. Her custom & personalized ceremonies are very impressive and elegantly written. She listens to you and gets to know you as an individual creating a connection that adds meaning behind just being an officiant. She becomes your new friend in life. Her tender personality and calm, caring voice will make you fall in love with her. She is very detail-oriented, empathetic, organized and understanding. I simply loved our ceremony and received many compliments from my family and friends. Some even stated it was "BEST Ceremony they have ever heard" and many tears of happiness were shed by our guests. I would highly recommend Joan with the utmost respect.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Lewis · Married on 06/20/2015

I'm going to make this very simple, Rev. Joan Pape was absolutely amazing. She was the officiant for our wedding and did such a great job! I don't need to get into details because that would take forever. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Reverend Joan provided quality, personal, and professional officiant services for our wedding. We contacted Rev Joan mid-way through our planning process and although we felt as though we did not have a lot of time, Joan made us feel relaxed and reassured us that our big day would go just the way we wanted. She personalized our wedding to include special touches for certain family members and made our ceremony feel like we had known her for years. We were skeptical about going outside of our congregations to find an officiant, but we are so happy that we did. Reverend Joan was very open minded and supported our ideas and creativity.

Sent on 06/11/2015

What a delightful job done by Joan and Karen. Our officiant fell through at the last minute (who was just a friend), and we turned to Ceremonies by Design for help--maybe only 3 weeks before our wedding, I believe! They were superbly accommodating, and we are actually glad now that we used their services instead of relying on a friend to take care of it. What lovely people. We had a nice little meeting with both Joan and Karen before the wedding; Karen did the ceremony. They're both very accepting, accommodating, kind, and professional. Karen was just fine with our very minimalist & secular preferences, and she did a lovely job! We felt so well-taken-care of, and so will you.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Bianca · Married on 05/24/2015

Joan from Ceremonies by Design made our ceremony feel authentic to us and rooted in our core values. She allowed us to choose a ceremony design that was a good fit for us and helped provide guidance on all of the details regarding the wedding ceremony, including the process of applying for a marriage license. She was always responsive to my questions and needs and was such a calming presence on the day of the wedding. After the wedding, my family commented on how kind she was to everyone during the rehearsal and at the ceremony. They also commented on how wonderfully the ceremony flowed. I would recommend Ceremonies by Design to anyone that is looking for officiant services in the Dane County area.

Sent on 06/07/2015
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 04/25/2015

Joan was our officiant for our April 25th, 2015 wedding at The Wilderness in the Wisconsin Dells, and it was an absolutely beautiful ceremony! Joan, thank you so much for helping us make our dream of getting married come true, and making the process so easy and fun. Joan helped us put together a beautiful custom ceremony, we got so many compliments on our vows! We really appreciate you being there to celebrate with us. :) Thank you also for the wonderful book and the very nice copy of our ceremony outline!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Emily · Married on 01/17/2015

Joan is a wonderful person who is very talented! As soon as we met with her we knew that she could create the ceremony we always dreamed of. The ceremony actually turned out even more beautiful than I ever imagined! We received sooooo many compliments on our service! Even some family members that were upset that it wasn't going to be very religious, really loved it! My maid of honor, who really dislikes weddings, cried when she read the ceremony draft ahead of time! Joan had great suggestions and ideas throughout the planning process and kept tweaking the draft until we had it exactly how we wanted it. I was really dreading creating a ceremony, but she made it a very simple process! She emailed us tons of readings and vows for ideas and options, which was great so that we didn't have to spend time researching them online. I just can't even express how happy we are that we chose Joan to create our ceremony! We really wanted a personalized service that told our love story, and that's exactly what we got! We couldn't be happier and would HIGHLY recommend Ceremonies By Design!

Sent on 01/30/2015

Heidi · Married on 10/25/2014

Joan is an amazing officiant. We are so glad that we chose her to do our ceremony. From our first phone call, my husband and I felt very comfortable with her. She was really easy to work with while planning our ceremony. Being out of state, our ability to meet with her was limited, but she worked with us so we could meet before the big day. She was very knowledgable about our wedding location and all the ins and outs for the day ahead of us. I had absolutely no worries the day of because I knew that Joan had everything covered.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Our experience with Rev Joan Pape couldn't have gone any smoother. We were looking for a non-denomination experience, one that afforded us a high degree of flexibility as we incorporated the baptism of three of our children into our wedding ceremony. It came across fluid and seamless. It was great. Rev Joan Pape had helpful suggestions along the way that added nice touches to our day.

Sent on 12/17/2014
  • ccerdena

Courtney · Married on 08/30/2014

Joan was absolutely amazing to work with. My husband and I contacted Joan for our civil ceremony in December knowing that we were also going to have a full ceremony with all our friends and family again in August. Joan created two unique ceremonies to fit both events.

She made the whole process so easy and took the stressors of planning the ceremony script off of us. Just by answering a few questions about ourselves, individually and as a couple, and letting her know the feel that we were going for, she put together a ceremony that was not only beautiful but extremely special to us as well!

I am so happy that we made the decision to go with Ceremonies by Design. I recommend them to everyone, especially if you want a ceremony that is specific to you, your spouse, your family, and your special day.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Steve · Married on 08/17/2014

We were very happy on the ceremony and how she kept a big smile on her face .

Sent on 08/26/2014

Both Joan and Karen were wonderful! They were very professional and did their best to make sure our special day went smoothly. Can't thank them enough for their help!

Sent on 08/17/2014