Ceremonies by Bill Reviews

55 | Baltimore, MD

55 Reviews for Ceremonies by Bill

1 User photo

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2018

We absolutely loved having Bill as our officiant. He was professional and funny. He made sure that the ceremony was both personal while still romantic. He was flexible with our needs and allowed us to meet with him or email with him several times leading up to the wedding. I am so grateful that he was able to officiate our marriage!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Courtney · Married on 03/31/2018

Everyone has been raving about our ceremony thanks to Bill! Our guests have told us that they loved how personal the ceremony was and that it wasn't too long or at all boring. When we first met with him we knew he was perfect for our wedding. He made a stressful process so fun and easy. He listened to what we wanted and asked lots of questions to get to know us better. He sent us a script with different options to choose from, and it was fun picking everything out together. Bill created a ceremony for us that was a perfect blend of prayer, traditional, and modern touches (we did a mothers rose ceremony). The ceremony had a few breaks of laughter to lighten things up. He was so calming and easygoing throughout the whole process. It was exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Ceremonies by Bill's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney and Chris! It was such a pleasure!

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

I am so thrilled that Bill had a cancellation for our wedding day right before we called to meet him. He was wonderful. He is so friendly and funny, and he made the wedding and rehearsal a breeze. He can customize the ceremony to be as religious or secular as you want, and he was great with helping my dad remember his one line! :-) If you can book Bill, I highly recommend you do. You will not regret it! He is great!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Jesse · Married on 07/14/2017

Groom reviewing here. Bill is a graduate of my high school rival Calvert Hall (which didn't effect my respect for him lol) and grew up around the area so it was cool to talk to him about his upbringing versus mine. Anyway it's that personal touch from him that made our ceremony so much fun. I said something funny during our vows by accident because I was trying to remember the lines verbatim and he made a joke about "this isn't jeopardy. you don't answer in the form of a question" and everyone including myself started laughing. It made the ceremony more enjoyable and less formal which we wanted. I even like his blessing at the end, which if you choose to do, he'll explain why it means so much to him.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Ciara · Married on 06/30/2017

Bill was a joy to work with. Bill was accommodating in short notice to meet with us when we were available and make our ceremony perfect and personal. He offered great ceremony suggestions and was willing to work along with any suggestions we had. We got many compliments on the beautiful ceremony and he made it fun and enjoyable from start to finish. Bill was the perfect fit for us and will be for you too.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Megan · Married on 06/11/2017

Bill is great and he really accommodates you! Can't wait to have him for our wedding this Summer!

Sent on 02/16/2017
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 06/03/2017

We are so happy that we selected Rev. Bill as the officiant for our recent wedding at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club! Throughout the planning process Bill was helpful and flexible. He put together a beautiful ceremony for our wedding which was a great mix of traditional with some more modern element as we envisioned. We got many compliments on the ceremony, and we were very appreciative of all of Bill's recommendations as well as his professional, kind and funny personality. He goes above and beyond for his clients -- from meeting with us in person for our first consultation to attending the rehearsal at no additional cost , and finally providing you with a nice final printed version of your ceremony as a keepsake. We highly recommend Bill!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Sarah · Married on 01/21/2017

We loved working with Bill! Bill was responsive throughout the entire wedding planning process and gave us great guidance re what to include in our ceremony (the mother's rose ceremony was a huge hit). The ceremony itself was beautiful and was my favorite part of the entire wedding. Our guests loved it too - so many guests told us how meaningful the ceremony was and some even asked if we wrote our own vows (we didn't - we used Bill's). We are so happy we decided to work with Bill and highly recommend him.

Sent on 02/07/2017

The perfect choice for us! He planned a lovely service.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/27/2016

Bill was the best officiant. My husband and I aren't religious and he didn't make me feel like I had to do anything I didn't want to. He has a sarcastic humor which matches mine. He made things light and funny which really helped keep my husband and I at ease. He came up with a beautiful idea of a wine boxing for our ceremony. He took into account what you wanted and threw some ideas out there to help make the decision process easier. He helped create a beautiful wedding. I picked him because of all the wonderful reviews people had written about him and his amazing price. You just can't beat someone who provides excellent service and doesn't charge you outrageous pricing.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2016

Bill customized the ceremony to fit us perfectly. I got compliments from everyone..from my friends to my Grandmother who is 90. Everyone thought it was great and I had a friend tell me that when she get's married she is going to book him too.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Samantha · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I found Bill here on WeddingWire and after our first meeting, we knew we found the right guy. He made sure to listen to what we wanted to get out of the ceremony, and did just that. He is very personable and made us feel comfortable, even though my husband and I don't like attention and standing in front of a hundred people was slightly nerve-wracking. We appreciated his sense of humor, especially when a pirate ship full of tourists traveling through the Inner Harbor got close to the ceremony. All of our guests made comments on how beautiful and eloquent the ceremony was. Thanks, Bill, for sharing that moment with us and making our wedding unique and special. You were truly great to work with!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Elisabeth · Married on 08/19/2016

We're so glad that we chose Bill to officiate our wedding. He was professional, accommodating, and listened to what we were looking for in our ceremony. We met several times before the big day which helped us feel comfortable with Bill before our wedding. Definitely recommend Bill!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Claire · Married on 07/01/2016

Bill was absolutely fantastic to work with! He was very helpful and offered wonderful suggestions. We met with Bill one time before our ceremony and were immediately comfortable around him. He is very easy to talk to, kind, and has a great sense of humor. He kept our rehearsal and ceremony light-hearted, just like we wanted. I highly recommend Bill to anyone who needs an outstanding wedding officiant!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Carolyn · Married on 06/04/2016

Bill is amazing! He officiated our wedding and after meeting with us only one time, he created a ceremony that totally fit our personalities. We got many, many compliments from guests about how they loved the sentiments expressed in our ceremony and how personalized it was, and we completely agree. Bill was friendly, professional, responsive, and a pleasure to work with. He listened to what we were looking for and made the whole process easy. I would highly recommend him to any couple!!!

Sent on 07/12/2016
  • User6811913 · 2+ years ago

Bill was AMAZING! We knew within 2 minutes of meeting him that he was the right person to marry us. He is such a wonderful person, and is extremely personable. He wanted to make our day everything we dreamed of. He gave us different options for our ceremony but really listened to what we wanted. He attended our rehearsal and walked us through the ceremony to make sure everyone knew their job. Our ceremony was beautiful and just what we wanted. I would HIGHLY recommend Bill!

Sent on 06/08/2016
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 03/26/2016

My husband and I were very pleased to work with Bill. He is very professional and obviously experienced as an officiant. He met us in consultation initially, and immediately I knew I was in good hands. He has a fatherly type of demeanor, and also a quirky sense of humor that's pretty awesome. He made me laugh a lot during the wedding rehearsal and really reminded me laughter and being able to poke fun at each other is a big part of a good marriage. During our consultation with him, he had various ideas he presented to make our ceremony more meaningful; when he mentioned the mother's rose ceremony, I knew we had to do it, even though I'd never heard of it before. It ended up one of the most moving parts of our ceremony. Bill has done hundreds of weddings; but you can tell he's sincere and it's not just going through the same motions for him. He understands the sanctity of what he does, but his talent at seeing the humorous aspects of the process should not be underestimated.

Sent on 04/28/2016
  • Angie

Angie · Married on 08/22/2015

My now husband and I used Bill as our officiant and we could not be more happy about our choice! We were looking for someone who was very experienced, would let us customize our ceremony, and who was affordable. Bill’s prices were the BEST, and we booked him ASAP. Several months before our big day, he put together some ideas he had and emailed us the entire ceremony – word for word. We LOVED it. We didn’t change a thing, even though we would add or subtract whatever we wanted. Bill was hilarious and a delight to work with. Extremely punctual, and always got back to me right away whenever I reached out. 10 out of 10 for Bill. He was the best!

Angie & Jimi

Sent on 10/07/2015

Ceremonies by Bill's reply:

Thanks guys so much!!! it was and honor and a pleasure to officiate your marriage. I love what I do!!!

My husband and I are not religious and when it came to choosing an officiant for our wedding, we had no idea who to pick. We found Bill here on weddingwire and from the first meeting, we instantly felt like we were making the right choice. He is laid back, has a great sense of humor, and you can tell he loves what he does and has been doing it for a long time. He made us feel comfortable during the rehearsal and on the wedding day he helped to break the tension and settle our nerves. All of our guests kept saying how beautiful the ceremony was. There was not a dry eye in the room! Bill wrote the script for our secular ceremony with a few suggestions from us and it was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much, Bill, for making our special day truly special! We loved working with you!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Ceremonies by Bill's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! You're right. I do love what I do! I'm very blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of a couple's special day!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/02/2015

Bill was such a great choice for our christian wedding ceremony. He gave us great advice and a lot of flexibility in how we wanted our ceremony arranged. We were very pleased with how beautifully written the ceremony was and how well Bill performed the actual ceremony. He knows how to command a crowd well. Our rehearsal was efficient and I felt very comfortable and prepared for the day of. I would absolutely recommend Bill!!!

Sent on 05/31/2015
  • verajayne42

Bayly · Married on 03/28/2015

Bill provided everything we wanted in a ceremony and more!

My husband and I are both spiritual-not-religious types. He was raised Catholic and I went to a Unitarian church. We wanted some religious elements in the ceremony, but for the focus to be more on love and unity. Bill composed a personalized ceremony for us that was beautiful and moving. I teared up just reading it! He incorporated a sand ceremony like we asked and provided us with beautiful, modern vows. He added just the right amount of humor and lighthearted

Bill was friendly and personable when we met him. He always available via e-mail to answer my questions.

We got married at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, and Bill managed to run the rehearsal on a busy Friday afternoon with tourists still streaming through the area.

Many of our guests commented on how moving the ceremony was, and how impressed they were with Reverend Bill's charm and charisma. I cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Lawrence · Married on 10/12/2014

Bill was very pleasant to work with. He worked with us to tailor a wedding ceremony to make it special for us. He provided ideas of what we could include but was never pushy or judgmental. During the ceremony he make us very at ease. Guests at our wedding commented on what a touching ceremony it was.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Dana · Married on 10/11/2014

We absolutely loved our wedding ceremony that Bill performed. We weren't really 100% sure what we wanted, but we gave him only a few descriptions of things we liked and he was able to put together an amazing ceremony. The rehearsal went super smooth, and our wedding could not have been more perfect. So many of our friends and family said they cried, it was so sweet!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Mr. Duffy was the kindest most generous and thoughtful man we ever could have wished for. He responsed to emails as quickly as possible, calmed us down throughout rehearsal as well as the actual wedding. I would reccommend him to anyone looking for an officiant. We now consider him a friend.

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • Mrs. Noratel

Stephanie · Married on 06/21/2014

Bill provided a combination of incredible professionalism along with a lot of knowledge to both provide officiant services along with giving a lot of good tips to make our day run more smoothly. Bill also has a great sense of humor to help keep things upbeat during meetings which really helped with any little stresses that may come along with the whole wedding experience.

We would absolutely recommend anyone who wants a stress free ceremony to give Bill a call.

Sent on 07/31/2014