Ceremonies and Celebrations Reviews

57 | Oakland, CA

57 Reviews for Ceremonies and Celebrations

1 User photo

Criselda · Married on 06/21/2008

Irene, our officient for our wedding from Ceremonies and Celebrations, was so wonderful to work with. She made me feel so comfortable relaxed when it came to talk about the wedding ceremony. She met with me and my now husband twice before the wedding. First, to share ideas so that we can pick out how we wanted our ceremony and to meet each other and second, to go over details of the wedding, closer to the date.
    The day of the wedding, we were just so thrilled that we picked Irene to be our officient. She put together such a beautiful ceremony for us and her voice is so pleasant to listen to. In our ceremony, she incorporated some answers to a questionaire she had given me and my husband to fill out during our first meeting with Irene(We loved this part of our ceremony). This was great and it was a fun addition to our wedding ceremony. Our guests loved listening to our answers to the questionairs; we received so many great comments from our guests at the wedding.
    My husband and I loved working with Ceremonies and Celebrations :)

Sent on 08/29/2008

Sally · Married on 05/10/2008

Irene has a very soothing, warm demeanor that was a perfect match for us. She probed to get real details about our relationship for our service. Many people commented to me on what a personal and fun service we had. Irene created a very relaxed and loving atmosphere for us that our guests truly felt. We would highly recommend Irene for any special service you may need!

Sent on 05/21/2008

Katie · Married on 10/05/2007

Irene Kane was very warm and welcoming, and she made us feel very comfortable She was perfect as our ceremony officiant, and we highly recommend her services!

Sent on 04/28/2008

Dashi · Married on 09/12/2010

Irene was a wonderful officiant for our small wedding (18 people). We did not have an official rehearsal, but we went through the ceremony we had planned carefully with her a week before the wedding. I was not nearly as nervous during the ceremony as I thought I would be, because she spoke so confidently and was able to smoothly cue us when we should be speaking or doing something.

One hour before the wedding, my mother said she wanted to include a special cultural tradition in the ceremony. Irene did not object to this last minute change, and was able to help us include it in the ceremony in a way that made it look like it was planned all along. We really appreciated her flexibility and the way she helped things run smoothly.

Sent on 09/25/2010

Krista · Married on 11/16/2013

My husband and I recently got married in Clayton, CA. Irene Kane was our wedding officiant....we could not have been happier with our decision to have Irene officiate our wedding. As stated in many of these Yelp! reviews, Irene took the time to get to know each one of us through a personal questionnaire and in-person meetings. We had a cross cultural marriage, and Irene attended to these details very warmly and with professionalism. She even had many ideas on how to integrate both cultures.

Our guests throughly enjoyed the "personal story" she wrote and shared during the ceremony of how we met and our unique personalities. Irene spoke very eloquently and a voice that projected well throughout the hall we were married in. Her attention to detail was impeccable. We hired her for our rehearsal the night before as well. By the time she arrived, she gracefully organized and lined up the bridal party - calling each person by their name (this is her personal style - i felt I had known her for years - not just 5 months).

If you are looking for a very personable and reliable officiant, Irene is for you. She will make your ceremony (and wedding - our guests continued to talk about the ceremony at our wedding reception!), very memorable. Irene is truly doing her life's work. There are so many people out there with a "license to wed," but if you truly want meaning and passion in your ceremony, hire Irene. This is truly her calling...and it is evident when you meet with her and plan your ceremony. All the best in your wedding planning!

Sent on 12/01/2013

I cannot say enough about how fantastic Irene was at our wedding. From the moment I saw her website I knew she would be a great fit and an initial phone conversation confirmed that to me. We met with her before deciding since an officiant is a very important part of the ceremony.

She supplied a lot of material to let us tailor the perfect ceremony. She was very flexible in letting us decide what we were comfortable with and what we were not. She has a very calming demeanor and at the same time delivers everything with such sincerity.

We did not have her at our rehearsal but did a run through with her a couple of weeks out. I was a little worried about this but everything went smoothly since she had worked previously at the venue and the venue person was able to take her notes and let us know what was going to happen. This was our choice to not have her at the rehearsal and it worked out well for us. So I would say if Irene and the venue both feel it is not necessary to be there, trust them!

Thank you so much, Irene for being such an important part of our day! Out of everything from that day the ceremony is what I will remember most and you can trust Irene to do a wonderful job.

Sent on 05/09/2013

Cara · Married on 09/10/2011

I found Irene through Yelp and decided to meet her to see if we wanted her to perform our ceremony. We both knew right away that she was the perfect choice. She was very professional and easy to talk to. She did a personalized ceremony for us that everyone loved! She didn't attend our rehearsal at the venue but was very communicative to the site coordinator so that we knew how everything would go during the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better ceremony, thank you Irene!

Sent on 09/28/2011