Ceremonies and Celebrations Reviews

57 | Oakland, CA

57 Reviews for Ceremonies and Celebrations

1 User photo

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2013

Irene was an all around great officiant. Very easy to work with, warm and friendly. She provided us different options to choose from on vows, readings, rituals, and other aspects of a wedding ceremony. This was very helpful - we were able to use this information and create our own ceremony that suited us by mixing and matching pieces we liked.

Irene also personalized our ceremony by getting to know us and writing a short personal history. We received several compliments after the wedding about how they enjoyed the ceremony and the warmth and personal touch Irene brought to it. Shortly after our wedding Irene provided us a copy of the ceremony as a keepsake, which was a very nice touch. We thoroughly enjoyed working with her during the entire process.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Al · Married on 06/15/2013

I cannot speak highly enough of Irene as a person and officiant. My bride and I are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with her. From the onset, we were struck by her calming and personable nature. She prepared us so well for the ceremony - which definitely made us less nervous and worried both before and during the ceremony. During our prep meetings, she always had plenty of options from which to choose - making it fairly easy to piece together the program. Irene also provided many helpful recommendations and showed clear command of various important details. I especially appreciated that she was flexible and willing to change parts of the program as we went along. Many of our guests were very complimentary of Irene - and she was a crucial component to help make our wedding a great success. If you would like to work with an experienced and compassionate professional who will put you at ease, you should look no further than Irene Kane as your wedding officiant.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Irene was such a pleasure to work with! She responded quickly to our emails, was professional, and helped us create a personalized, beautiful ceremony. As other reviewers have said, even though we only met with Irene a few times, it felt like she was a family friend by the end of the wedding. I would absolutely recommend Irene!

Sent on 06/14/2013
  • Q

Quinn · Married on 03/23/2013

Irene was an absolutely amazing officiant for my wedding a few weeks ago. Going into the wedding planning process, my wife and I were definitely looking forward more to the reception than the ceremony -- that all changed on the day of our wedding and we now agree that the ceremony was our favorite part of the day, all thanks to Irene! It was great to have her guide us through the process of creating a meaningful, personalized ceremony. Our guests all raved about how wonderful everything was because it gave them a chance to peek into our lives and learn more about my wife and I as a couple.

Irene was there for us throughout the process of creating the elements we wanted to include in the ceremony, including personalized vows, an off-the-wall reading, and a detailed story of how our love has grown over the years. Even though we only met with Irene a few times to plan, it felt like she was a family friend by the end of the wedding. She was always very responsive via email and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know us. All of her hard work absolutely paid off on the day of as we had a ceremony that brought down the house.

You really can't do better than Irene for an officiant.

Sent on 04/11/2013

Ghazal · Married on 12/26/2012

Irene is sensitive, accommodating and very organized. We can't thank her enough for creating a beautiful and meaningful ceremony which really reflected our personalities. After our first meeting with her, we already felt as though she was family which took a lot of the anxiety out of the day. Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Susan W. · Married on 09/23/2012

Irene is the best to work with. She was flexible and offered us a a variety of ceremonies to pick from which we could modify and piece together. This worked out great. The guests loved her as did we. I was a little worried that we would have to go to some church that we were not affiliated with to find someone that would provide a day that we will remember. Thanks Irene.

Sent on 01/20/2013

Philip · Married on 09/13/2012

We travelled from Sydney Australia to be married in Pacifica, California on the date above. Irene was recommended by our celebrant, and she travelled across from Oakland to photograph the wedding. This was held in a fairly remote and beautiful area overlooking the ocean, and involved considerable stair climbing. Irene was most creative and made full use of the natural features of the location as a backdrop, which resulted in 90 beautiful photos, which we wll always treasure and be proud to show. Irene also acted as official witness to the ceremony, and could not have been more congenial and helpful in every way. She has our absolute recommendation.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Kindra · Married on 08/02/2012

This review is long overdue! Irene is absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend her as an officiant. Last August, Irene officiated our wedding at the Palm's Event Center in Pleasanton. Aside from being the sweetest lady you will ever meet, she's extremely professional and takes what she does seriously. She shows genuine interest in understand your history together, why you've chosen to take the big step, what you love about each other and even what bugs you to no end. THEN builds a beautiful story to tell your family and friends on the big day.
    Our guest had such a good time during the ceremony, laughing and laughing and laughing again. It was perfect, Irene! We had so many guest comment on how wonderful you were. You made it a day we will never forget.

Thank you so much for everything!!

Kindra & Alan Chan

Sent on 02/13/2013

My husband found Irene on wedding wire after doing plenty of research on a quality officiant that would meet our expectations for a very special ceremony that would open our guest up to a description of our love.
    Wow, she went above and beyond and really help paint a clear picture of our love. Many of our guest said are ceremony was so special and they could feel how much we loved each other. Having Irene outline our ceremony was the best thing we did.
    She even sent us a document of our entire ceremony with a beautiful picture that I am going to frmae.. THANKS SO MUCH IRENE.

Love
    Daniel & Julliette Bledsoe

Sent on 07/09/2012

Melinda · Married on 10/08/2011

Dear Irene,
    Thank you so much for performing such a meaningful ceremony for our daughter Leslie and her now husband, Eugene. You really interpreted them very well and personalized the ceremony perfectly. Thank you for your loving care and light humor. So many people commented that it was one of the more memorable, honest and relevant ceremonies they had witnessed.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Megan · Married on 06/11/2011

Irene officiated our June 11, 2011 wedding at the UC Berkeley Botanical Garden. With the help of a questionaire and a couple of pre-wedding meetings, she put together a ceremony that was warm, funny and personal. She is great about working with you to create a custom ceremony exactly as you want it. She made our ceremony really wonderful and it was obvious that our guests enjoyed it too. I would recommend Irene to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2011

Katy · Married on 05/27/2011

I can't say enough to express how thrilled we were with Irene. It has been three weeks and we are still so emotional about our wedding day and how absolutely perfect it was - so much of that is because of Irene.

We live in Arizona and were planning our wedding for 60 people in San Francisco. The ceremony was planned at a church outside of the city with the reception in San Fran.

Problems arose with the church we had booked. We got zero response from the pastor who was to perform our ceremony for 6 weeks. Broken-hearted, we cancelled the church ceremony and moved everything to the reception site. We reached Irene through a recommendation from the reception site. Kyle talked to Irene first because I was still hurt by the other church. He LOVED her immediately!

Irene was so responsive and caring with the planning of our ceremony. To us this was the most important part of the day and Irene made sure that it was amazing. She sent us so many options. We could pick the ceremony the was perfect for us! PERFECT! It was so US that I couldn't believe it.

She also included a decent length survey during the process to get to know us. So, when she gave our personal stories during the ceremony, it was so amazing. Our families were floored by how specific it was to us. Irene was warm, genuine and I wish I could use her again - but I'm pretty set with my new husband.

We love you, Irene! Thank you for making our wedding day everything we dreamed of and more!

Sent on 06/17/2011
  • F

Fung Y. · Married on 06/11/2010

Irene was the officiant for our June 11th ceremony. We feel very lucky to have found her. She was great at communication, gave us a lot of useful pointers during our planning, and was sincere and warm throughout.

Irene’s attention to detail was very much appreciated by me. She not only arrived at the ceremony early but made sure to stop by to talk to me before hand. During the actual ceremony, she picked up immediately the fact that our location was quite noisy (we got married at the San Francisco City Hall on a busy day) and adjusted her voice accordingly.

She always maintains a calm and warm presence, which was very helpful because even though I was nervous before the ceremony, I knew it will turn out great as soon as I saw Irene, and thus I was able to relax and enjoy my day. Irene added personal tidbits into our ceremony wordings, making the ceremony unique and special for us.

Again, my husband and I feel very fortunate to have had Irene as our wedding officiant. Thank you, Irene!!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Valerie · Married on 01/16/2010

Irene officiated at my daughter's wedding, 1/16/2010. She consulted with her and her fiancé with great sensitivity, wrote a beautiful service that was witty, tactful, amusing and spiritual all at once--exactly what they and their parents wanted. It was a perfect wedding, and Irene was one very important factor in making it so.

Sent on 02/04/2010

Thomas · Married on 09/26/2009

We were married at the end of September and Irene did a wonderful job with our ceremony. She was very flexible with all aspects of the process in preparation for the ceremony as well. She was also able to customize our service to make it very personal. Much like the other comments on here, we received many compliments from our guests. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/25/2009

Alicia · Married on 09/05/2009

We feel so thankful for finding Irene and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a warm, kind, compassionate and professional Officiant!

Sent on 10/30/2010

Leslie · Married on 08/16/2009

My daughter and son-in-law's wedding ceremony this last weekend was pitch perfect, due in large part to Irene Kane, their wedding officiant. Her words gave the occasion the solemnity, the celebratory note, the emotional heft, and the gravitas that such a momentous occasion deserves, with just the right amount of warm, gentle humor added to the mix. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Sent on 08/23/2009
  • hiddenskyy

Amara · Married on 06/07/2009

Irene officiated our wedding last year and let me say: she is great! Our wedding ceremony was our favorite part of the day. My husband still laughs (and is amused/happy) that fantasy baseball made it into our vows. So many of our guests complimented us on the ceremony and laughed along with us during the various parts.

Irene is very warm and friendly; and she has an exceptional reading voice - I cannot stress enough how gifted she is with public speaking. All of my guests were so impressed with her. Not only did she deliver the fun/joke-y parts of the ceremony with a great/perfect tone, but she just exuded such a friendly and warm aura throughout the whole ceremony. She set such a great tone/mood for the ceremony and made our wedding day so memorable and perfect.

When searching for our officiant, we wanted someone who didn't mind delivering a non-denominational ceremony and who could make the ceremony a light-hearted and fun experience for both us and our guests. We weren't disappointed. She provided us with a few different options for the ceremony and let us decide on what she would cover, any additional things (readings, rituals, etc) to be part of the ceremony, etc. Also, before the ceremony, she gave us questionnaires to fill out and incorporated these into the reading (thus leading to the fantasy baseball mention, as well as other things, haha). What resulted was a very sweet and personalized ceremony that we'll always look back on with a big smile.

(Note: she has other ceremony options too, which are more serious/solemn/religious/etc. She's very diverse in the types of weddings she can perform and will work with you to achieve the ceremony you want).

Also, during the actual ceremony, she would help whisper little things to us at times. For example, when my husband was putting on my ring, she discreetly whispered to him to look me in the face (rather than at my hands). All of these cues were really inconspicuous, as we can't even see them on our wedding video. She also helped to cue when I should hand my bouquet off to the maid of honor. In terms of the ceremony planning, she was very flexible and incorporated the sand blending ritual, as well as other reading seamlessly. She even accommodated a change to the ceremony that I was nervous about the night before! She was easily accessible via email, phone, etc for advice. Also, she was really helpful with other wedding planning aspects, like the processional, timeline, etc.

I highly recommend Irene!

Sent on 05/11/2010

John · Married on 03/21/2009

Irene was an excellent minister for our wedding! She provided many readings, ceremonies, vows, etc for us to choose from to customize our wedding. She met with us to get to know us and to plan out the ceremony. She was like our wedding planner. She is very nice. Many guests told us that it was the most beautiful ceremony they have seen. Many complements on Irene specifically. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/27/2009

Paul · Married on 02/21/2009

We were very fortunate having Irene Kane married us. Irene helped us choreographed a ceremony that was special and personal to our values and preferences. Irene was there every step of the way making sure that we did not miss any detail. Irene is kind, warm, genuine and she has such an amazing voice. During the ceremony our mothers forgot to light the uniting candles but Irene very calmly changed the order of our ceremony program on spot and invited our mothers to light the candles a bit later without the guests noticing anything -- she is very experienced. Thank you so much Irene for delivering such a beautiful and flawless ceremony for us.

Sent on 03/10/2009

Sachiko · Married on 11/15/2008

Irene Kane made our wedding day so special-- it was just absolutely perfect. Her thoughtful and warm words coupled with a great sense of humor made us feel at ease and reminded us how much we love each other as we stood before our family and friends.

Many of our guests complimented Irene's services after our wedding and my friend even booked her for her wedding later this year.

Everything she said was just perfect (and we were a little nervous since we didn't know exactly what she had written in her script) as the words she chose and stories she shared were honest and entertaining for our guests (and us). It was such a fun ceremony-- I hadn't expected to smile so much... We are so happy she married us!

I highly recommend Irene Kane to be part of any ceremony and/or celebration as her positive energy and warm smile make everyone feel special and comfortable. It just felt right.

Sent on 02/09/2009

Marissa · Married on 09/07/2008

We absolutely loved having Irene for our wedding officiant. She is such a calm and relaxing presence it made it so easy to share our feelings about our ceremony and to enjoy the ceremony itself. Her personal questionnaire we filled out about ourselves and each other (separately) was really helpful in adding the essence of who we are as individuals as well as who we are as a couple into our ceremony. Irene was also a delightful person to hear speak as she incorporated sincerity and humor into the event by weaving our own words into her dialogue which made the moment touching, personal and fun. We highly recommend Irene to those looking for someone who understands the need for individuality and creativity in their wedding, as well as a sense of groundedness and spirituality.

Sent on 12/17/2008

Jennifer · Married on 08/23/2008

We chose Irene from a list of recommended vendors from the Faculty Club (even though we did not get married at the Faculty Club). Our main consideration when choosing an officiant was that we wanted someone non-denominational who could help us create a ceremony that was touching and light-hearted. When we met with Irene she had a very pleasant demeanor and didn’t make us feel like we were just another cookie cutter couple like another officiant we met with. She gave us some sample ceremony selections from which we could use to help us create our own unique ceremony.

One item I especially liked about Irene was that she gives each engaged couple a questionnaire to fill out to get to know the couple better. She included information from our answers to personalize our ceremony. I liked the items she picked to include and it got a great response from our guests.

Irene also helped to conduct our rehearsal along with our coordinator. They worked really well together. I highly recommend having them both at the rehearsal if you can. The bridal party got to meet them before the wedding so they knew who to look to for direction besides the bride. Also, since both Irene and our coordinator were there, they took care of lining everyone up and pacing everyone out so the most complicated thing I had to remember was the hand-off between my dad and (now) husband during the ceremony.

I highly recommend Irene!

Sent on 08/30/2008

Green · Married on 08/09/2008

Irene performed a beautiful ceremony that was exactly what we were looking for, capturing the way we felt about each other by personalizing the ceremony. She was responsive to all of our requests and had excellent ideas of her own, without ever pressuring us to include something that we did not want in our ceremony. We received many compliments about our ceremony from our guests and recommend Irene highly.

Sent on 11/27/2008

Jung · Married on 07/26/2008

Irene was a wonderful officiant. She helped us create a beautiful ceremony. She dropped in before the wedding to make sure that I was doing okay before the ceremony. I was very nervous, but she made us laugh during the ceremony with the stories that we provided to her through her very thorough questionnaire. Our friends and families came up to us after the ceremony, telling us how wonderful the ceremony was, and asked us who she was.

Needless to say, she was a wonderful officiant. It was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding.

Sent on 09/04/2008