Celtic Music for your Wedding Reviews

90 | Alexandria, VA

90 Reviews for Celtic Music for your Wedding

Geraldine · Married on 10/14/2007

Elise sang two songs at my wedding and played the flute during the recessional (Ode to Joy). The songs were "The Wedding Song" and "In This Life (by Bette Midler). Prior to the wedding she coordinated and rehearsed the music with the harpist who was hired by the venue. She also worked diligently with me to find the right music, never imposing her ideas on mine, but making gentle and helpful suggestions. Not only does Elise sing like an angel, she looks like one! Her bright smile and sparkling eyes are infectious. She is a consummate professional and a very talented musician. I have the sweetest memories of my wedding ... and Elise's participation was a big part of my never-to-be-forgotten wedding. I am so grateful that she and I found each other.

Sent on 02/09/2010

Mandy · Married on 09/23/2007

Celtic Music for Your Wedding was absolutely perfect. Elise was friendly and helpful from the first time we spoke (actually emailed). They were able to take a CD of songs that were special to us and create fabulous covers of them for our wedding. The music was everything I could have hoped for and more. It was beautiful, fun, and the perfect accompanyment to our venue and theme. I can't imagine my wedding turning out as amazingly as it did without Elise and her crew. They were worth every penny (and exceptionally reasonably priced too!!!). Your wedding could only be improved by selecting them to play for you. Thank you, thank you, thank you Elise and the rest of the guys at Celtic Music for Your Wedding!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2007

Patricia · Married on 11/04/2006

Celtic Music for your Wedding was the perfect addition to our wedding day. Elise was fabulous from the planning phase thru to the ceremony and after. She worked with us to create the most beautiful musical program that incorporated our Irish heritage. Thank you so much for making our day even more special.

Sent on 09/19/2007

Pam · Married on 09/09/2006

We can't say enough about how pleased we were with your solos for our wedding ceremony and the excellent entertainment your ensemble provided at our reception. As a second marriage for both of us, Jeff and I were looking for both a touch of elegance and a spirit of fun, and your music and performance provided both. You are a pleasure to work with, provided great assistance in selecting the music and coordinating with our church and the reception site, and from the moment we met you were warm, professional, responsive and timely. Thanks again for helping to make our special day so extraordinary!
    Best regards,

Pam Shuey

Sent on 09/08/2007

helen · Married on 05/28/2018

Elise and her team did a fantastic job of DJ'ing and leading everyone in a ceilidh at our wedding. She was friendly, communicative and very easy to work with in the lead up to the wedding. The music was great and our guests found it very easy to get into the ceilidh dancing, even if they'd never done it before. It's a great option if you have guests that wouldn't dance if you just have a DJ.

Sent on 07/28/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Helen! We had a fantastic time providing music for you for your gorgeous wedding! We wish you both all the joy in the world.
    Best wishes,
    Celtic Music for Your Wedding

George · Married on 04/29/2017

They are great performers, wonderful to deal with, and brought a lot of fun to the event.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thanks so much, George! It was truly a pleasure to be part of your event!
    Celtic Music for Your Wedding

T · Married on 08/05/2016

Elise was a delight to work with. She was very reasonable and made an adjustment to our time schedule with only a couple week's notice. Multiple guests raved about their music for our wedding reception cocktail hour!

Sent on 09/23/2016
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 06/02/2012

Celtic Music for Your Wedding was the perfect addition to our Irish wedding! We wanted something unique for our ceremony and ended up booking them for our cocktail hour too. Elise was wonderful to work with leading up to our wedding. She is very talented and was extremely helpful in picking out our ceremony songs. We really enjoyed having the beautiful Celtic music at our wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2012

Jen · Married on 03/27/2010

We hired this group to play at our wedding and also for the cocktail hour and dinner portion of our reception. They give you different choices on how many to hire- we hired three of them and it worked out great. There were a lot of things about the wedding day that didn't quite come together (because of the bad job that the planner did) and so I had to fix things at the last minute, but the music was one thing that I didn't have to worry about at all.

My Irish heritage is important to me, especially after living there for years, and I wanted to incorporate it in a way that was meaningful. Also, they are great performers and we had many compliments from friends and family on how unique it was and how well they played. We would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 03/29/2011

Josh · Married on 08/31/2018

An amazing band for a great Ceilidh at our wedding. Everyone loved the experience, and the music was incredible.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Celtic Music for your Wedding's reply:

Thanks so much, Josh! It was so wonderful to watch everyone dancing the Scottish dances! We loved playing for you.
    All best wishes to you both for an incredible journey together,
    Elise

We were so please with Elise and Celtic Music for Your Wedding. She was responsive to my frequent questions, and extremely helpful in selecting the music to be played. We had some pretty specific requests and they were more than willing to make it happen for us. The music was truly lovely and the entire experience was outstanding. I'd absolutely recommend them, and would use them again.

Sent on 06/28/2015

We are so happy that we decided to have Elise and her band play at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! During the planning process, we knew we wanted something a little different for our ceremony, and the celtic music not only fit my heritage but it also really worked well with our venue. I had such a great and enjoyable experience working with Elise, selecting the music we wanted, and on the day of our wedding I completely trusted her and knew she would deliver. The result was the most beautiful ceremony music, it just gives me chills to think about!

I highly recommend having Celtic Music For your Wedding play on your big day if you are looking for that something unique, special, and just a little different!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Shaw · Married on 10/30/2010

Elise Kress was wonderful to work with. She always had an extremely positive outlook and systematically helped my wife and I choose music that fit different parts of our ceremony exceptionally well. Elise's services will take your ceremony to the next level.

Sent on 06/07/2011

K · Married on 07/28/2007

Celtic Music made our reception GREAT. They played sweet, graceful songs while we dined, which created a really nice atmosphere. After we ate, they played reels and jigs which were so much fun. The Caller taught everyone group dances (Irish circle and line dancing) which I think hands-down was the best part of the wedding. Everyone was laughing and mingling. Everyone from angsty college kids to grandparents enjoyed the music. Yes, CM is more expensive than a DJ, but ABSOLUTELY worth it.
    Also, they were timely and polite, and asked for our input.

Sent on 09/07/2007

4.2
      3.5

The music was exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. We went with a trio and had them play for the ceremony and cocktail hour. They did a great job and were able to work with us on special requests and also met with us a month before to play music options which was really great.

Sent on 09/25/2012