Celebrity Bridal and Formals Reviews

23 | Chester, VA

23 Reviews for Celebrity Bridal and Formals

23 Celebrity Bridal and Formals Reviews

Lindsey · Getting married on 10/10/2020

As a plus size bride with a relatively conservative budget, I struggled to find bridal shops that offered dresses in my size and price range. Celebrity assured me that they had a TON of inventory for me to try on 80% of their inventory was in my budget. They did not dissapoint. Our consultant was just PHENOMENAL, and pulled amazing dresses for me based on what I was and wasn’t liking. She was focus on helping me figure out exactly what I liked and wanted and I felt no pressure or judgements. The private rooms are just beautiful and add a “celebrity” experience that is unparralleled.

Donna · Married on 03/01/2018

Kaitlin, the owner, goes above and beyond to make everything perfect. Whether it is coming in for an appointment outside of business hours or staying with you well beyond closing time to ensure you have everything you need to perfect your wedding, she is always there. She has made it clear that she has a passion for this line of work and will stop at nothing to help her customers.

Kristen · Married on 12/28/2017

The owner is passionate about meeting her brides needs. The owner, Kaitlin, is caring and treats all her clients like family. She goes above and beyond. Her dresses are beautiful and she has a great selection of Bridal, tux and prom. I wouldn’t go anywhere else for my formal needs.

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

Kaitlin is an amazing woman! I came several times to her shop (every time she got a new shipment) until I found THE DRESS. Her professionalism and kindness sold me as a customer. I had been to OTHER bridal shops and never felt comfortable or respected. I couldn't ask for a better bridal gown experience. We even got all of our bridesmaid dresses and tuxedos from her!

Celebrity Bridal and Formals 1
    Celebrity Bridal and Formals 2
    Celebrity Bridal and Formals 3
    Celebrity Bridal and Formals 4

Samantha · Married on 02/18/2017

My wedding is coming up and celebrity has been a huge part of it. I am so glad I found such a small business that I can support and feel like I am getting personal attention to my wedding !

Sent on 12/07/2016

Celebrity Bridal and Formals's reply:

Thanks for your kind words always a pleasure to work with you !!

Christi · Married on 10/10/2015

Awesome atmosphere! Bought my dress at their first location at a trunk show. Very helpful staff. Their new location is beautiful. The owner has excellent customer service and knowledge! She always remembered my name. I bought my dress, veil, alterations, shoes, and men's suits through her.

Christine · Married on 07/11/2015

Friendly, professional staff, beautiful store and wide selection of wedding gowns and formal wear. Tailor on site.

BEST PLACE in town! the owner Kaitlin is awesome!! You will not be disappointed with this place! I got my wedding dress and tuxes from there. It is a locally owned shop, so please go there and at least try it out. The dressed are beautiful! She also sells bridesmaids dresses, mother of the bride, prom dresses, and even rents out tuxes for the men! It is a geat place, and the owner does a lot and is very professional and loves her business. Again, You will not be disappointed!

Dara · Married on 12/20/2014

After trying on dresses at almost every bridal store in Richmond, I found my dream dress at celebrity bridal. It was also in my budget! They have some of the most detailed gowns for a great value and dresses can also be ordered from a catalogue for the brave brides! Kaitlin was the staff member that helped me. My bridesmaids also purchased their dresses here. Kaitlin was great about communicating with me and contacting my bridesmaids. All of the dresses arrived in a timely manner. Don't be deceived by the size of this store, there are some gems in there!

celebrity bridals and formals was so helpful!! the service is fantastic and unmatched in the area!! highly reccomend for any dress, tux, veil, or jewelry needs!!

• W

Will · Married on 12/28/2013

Celebrity Bridal was very helpful and professional when it came to ordering the sis for our wedding. Very easy and smooth experience. All of the suits were exactly the right size.

Celebrity Bridal is such an awesome atmosphere. Ive been to many bridal shops and the customer service is unmatched!

Brittany · Married on 11/02/2013

Celebrity was amazing during my whole wedding process from 6 months before my wedding when I found "the dress" to the day my guys returned their tuxes. I never had to wait in line or have anyone rush me like they did at the big name place, someone always answered the phone and helped when I needed it and they even recommended an amazing seamstress who promptly altered my dress just the way i need it more than once to accommodate my growing baby bump! Great place. 5 stars from me:)

• Katya

Katya · Married on 06/15/2013

I loved Ellis Bridal! it was the perfect local shop I was looking to use and support vs the national David's Bridal and the like. Family owned they really take care of their customers. we got both my dress, my MOH's dress (she was the only one in bridal party) and then all the tuxes for the men and boys there. Their service was excellent and even were able to get a new vest and I think also jacket for my groom just 2 days before wedding when we went to try them on and they were too big on him. I loved going there every time and they were also so friendly, warm and helpful, and now I will miss seeing Bruce and his lovely daughters who run the store!

Sent on 07/06/2013

Celebrity Bridal and Formals's reply:

Thanks Katya. It was our pleasure. Stop by and see Brittney and me anytime.
  • Y

Yolonda · Married on 06/09/2012

I am not your typical bride. I wanted something different ,untraditiona, yet breathtaking. Mainly something that was "me". I had beed to multiple bridal salons in the area, and just wasn't happy with the quality, price, or service. Frustated and defeated, I found myself in Ellis Bridal and Formals. I was shopping alone, and Mr. Ellis was very helpful. There was no pressure, he listened, and I tried on 3 dresses that day. Mr. Ellis pulled a dress off the manequin for me to try on, and I began to cry. It was the one... I'd like to say, thank you so much for everything! Everyone said I was a beautiful bride, but most importantly I felt beautfiul!

Sent on 06/23/2012

Celebrity Bridal and Formals's reply:

Thank you Yolonda. You were indeed a beautiful bride and a pleasure to work with.
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/14/2012

If you live in the Richmond area (or the surrounding area), I highly recommend you visit Ellis Bridal and Formals if you are searching for your perfect wedding dress. They also carry bridesmaids dresses.

I bought my wedding dress at Ellis when it was still located in Prince George (before it moved to Chester). The owner was not at all pushy but still around whenever I needed an answer to a question. Luckily I was able to find the perfect dress (yes, it was "the one") off the rack for only $100. Even if you're not as lucky as I was, the prices are still very affordable, especially in comparison to most bridal shops in the Richmond area.

• W

Rose · Married on 06/27/2009

The wedding and bridesmaid dresses were perfect for our outdoor wedding. Brittany and Bruce give wonderful customer service. And I also have to rate the alterations lady they brought in for my dresses as a 5.0 as well.
    We also rented the tuxes from Ellis Fashions and my husband was so in love with his tux, he didn't want to bring it back! (Good thing he isn't going to see this review.) :)

Janet · Married on 08/09/2008

Nice, clean and spacious store. Very nice and helpful. Was not overwhelmed
    by other people. Consultants very nice. Very reasonable prices.

a · Married on 09/05/2015

wonderful communication and professional service. Thank you!

Sonya · Married on 02/14/2010

We did it all there. Bridal gown, bridesmaids, tuxedo's and Mr. Ellis did the photography. Our experience was great. Store was relaxing, they spent time with us and I didn't feel like just another bride "in line". Love my PC Mary's gown. Bridesmaids wore Jasmine dresses. The alterations were a little lower in cost than some of the other stores, but only took a week. I was very satisfied. Everyone loves my portrait and wedding album too.

Jenn · Married on 05/21/2016

Kaitlyn has been such a tremendous help throughout this whole process. I did not buy my dress from Celebrity, but I purchased all the dresses for my bridal party. I'm sure I will be back for accessories and to rent the tux's. Kaitlyn walked me through all the different styles and choices I had. She was so patient with me, and there was absolutely 0 pressure. A few days later, I brought my matron of honor in, and it was such an awesome experience. Their dressing rooms are very comfortable and welcoming. I also enjoyed how affordable the dresses were. They were good quality, but they did not break the bank (compared to most bridal shops in RVA). I would completely recommend Celebrity Bridal for all brides/bridesmaids!

Kim · Married on 08/01/2009

Great bridal shop in Prince George! Bruce and Brittany were very helpful and I was VERY satisfied with Ellis. The had a great selection and were willing to help in any way. Thanks so much!

Rachel · Married on 06/14/2008

Purchased Bridial gown, 6 bridemaids dress, rented 8 tuxedos. Very pleased.
    Would highly recommend.