Celebrations of the Spirit Reviews

166 | Reading, PA

166 Reviews for Celebrations of the Spirit

Tom Allen · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Perfect Backyard Ceremony

Melinda was excellent. My wife and I, and both of our families were incredibly happy with the ceremony. She kept it very fluid and positive, and even stuck around as we restated the vows for my wife's grandmother who showed up late. Her ceremony reading option on her website also made it very easy to decide what we would like read, and she had flexibility in adjusting them to fit us. Thank for an amazing day!

Sent on 08/20/2020

Ashley Ouellette · Married on 11/07/2020

Melinda is great!

Melinda was such a pleasure to work with! She helped make our wedding a dream come true! I would 100% recommended her to anyone!

Sent on 11/14/2020

Lexi · Married on 10/31/2020

Wonderful!

Melinda was wonderful to work with! Very attentive and responsive to messages and made it so we could personalize every word in our ceremony. She made our day very special!

Sent on 11/14/2020

Holly Dimascio · Married on 10/25/2020

Amazing experience!

Melinda was amazing to work with! She was so caring and worked with us every step of the way. I would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Kelly Conway-Foreaker · Married on 10/16/2020

Absolutely Fantastic

Melinda was amazing! Our decision for a ceremony was very last minute. We originally were going to the Justice of the Peace. To me that seemed very informal and I could not see my wedding being minimized. Some people it works for, I am not knocking it. I found Melinda on an internet search. Her website immediately drew me in.
    Before the ceremony, Melinda was available and communicated often. That alone sold me. Not to mention she was VERY affordable and ACCOMADATING!!
    Now for the ceremony. She brought to life everything I dreamed of having for our special day. The choice of words, her presentation and delivery was fantastic. There were so many options to chose from start to finish, for the ceremony. Being able to mix and match cermony/ vows and plan EVERY detail and word was delightful. PLEASE use her if you have any doubts or questions on using her, I am a living testimony that she will not disappoint and will exceed all your expectations!!
    Flexible, affordable, accomadating, patient and responsive are only some of the many adjectives I can use to describe Melinda and her services. Thank you for making our ceremony something we will treasure forever!

Sent on 11/02/2020

Kristie Tabala · Married on 10/02/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Melinda was absolutely amazing and made my experience so comfortable. I came in nervous and she quickly made me feel right at home.

Sent on 10/09/2020

Rosemary · Married on 07/11/2020

Flexible, Calming, and Wonderful!

Melinda was the best in a crazy, COVID-19 world. She was willing to change locations with us, be patient as we tried to work out a new wedding plan, and provided so much guidance in her outlined options for us to choose exactly what we wanted. On the wedding day, she was a calming presence when we thought it may rain. All of our family complimented Melinda and the ceremony!

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • Janet

Janet Bonjo · Married on 04/10/2020

Highly Recommed

I am so happy we chose Celebrations of the Spirits to do our wedding ceremony. We appreciated the fact that we could interchange the ceremony, wedding vows and ring vows to fit what described us best. Melinda is warm and welcoming and so glad we chose her.

Sent on 10/16/2019

H Höfer · Married on 11/16/2019

Good choice

She was very responsive and friendly, and fit us in her schedule on short notice even when she had another wedding to go to that day.

Sent on 11/28/2019
  • Macy

Macy · Married on 11/16/2019

I would recommend

My husband and I waited to the last second to begin looking for an Officiant . We reached out to Melinda who was very responsive. She helped us piece together a perfect ceremony that was beautiful. She was very helpful in the organization process and asked me questions I would have never thought of on my own. During the ceremony my husband and I both messed up a few words (we were nervous), but Melinda made the best of it- gave everyone a good laugh and we continued on. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/11/2019

JoLynn Churchill · Married on 11/15/2019

Melinda is a DREAM!

Our ceremony was perfect and personalized to us. Melinda took the time to learn about us as a couple and we felt like a life long friend was marrying us! Her suggestion on adding a reading after learning about our fur babies was PERFECT! I can't tell you how many compliments we got from guests on how beautiful our ceremony was. Best day ever!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Katrice Kirn · Married on 11/09/2019

Koudelka Wedding

Melinda was amazing during out entire wedding planning process. If I had questions, she always answered them in a timely fashion. She worked and coordinated so well with my day of coordinator, which made my rehearsal and wedding day so much more enjoyable. She was super kind and very professional, and the prices for her services were very fair.

Sent on 11/25/2019

Sherry · Married on 10/05/2019

Great services!

Melinda was an absolute pleasure to work with! She is friendly, personable, and professional. All of her packages are affordable with the option to customize them. She has many different ceremony options to choose from to make your ceremony what you want, and she even added in an extra reading we wanted included. I would recommend her to any friends or family in need of a minister!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Drew Lascoskie · Married on 09/29/2019

Great Experience

She was an excellent choice! Very professional and attentive to our needs.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Brennah Hague · Married on 09/28/2019

Melinda was a PERFECT fit!

Since first contact with Melinda, everything was simple and she was extremely easy going. I highly recommend to meet up with Melinda before the ceremony, so you have the pleasure of experiencing her great personality. She walks you through everything and enjoys adding the personal touches the bride and groom request. We could not have been happier to have Melinda as our officiant for our special day!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2019

Wonderful experience

Very accommodating with our preferences . She did an outstanding job at our ceremony.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 06/21/2019

Make Your Wedding Day Your Own!

Melinda was about as good as you can get from initial meeting in determining how we want our special day to be handled to the big event.

We chose to have a non-denominational ceremony with Melinda's most expensive package so we could personalize our ceremony. The extra cost was well worth it!

We had a few meetings and emails back and forth to customize our ceremony. We chose to do our love story and how we got together and personalized our vows to fit who we are. Melinda made recommendations where she thought necessary but kept the ceremony in line with what we wanted.

The ceremony led by Melinda moved at the perfect pace, she was very audible without a microphone to everyone there and did a terrific job with our love story, readings and vows.

If you prefer not having a stuffy ceremony, something you can make your own, we highly recommend Melinda. She was perfect!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Kati

Kati Boeggeman · Married on 06/15/2019

We made the right choice!

Awesome, funny, and professional!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/01/2019

Celebrations of the Spirit will help to ensure your ceremony runs smoothly and goes off without a hitch. Hire them today!

I would recommend Melinda Angstadt (Celebrations of the Spirit) for anyone's wedding day. Melinda was very accommodating and flexible and willing to go out of her way to work to make our ceremony perfect. Prior to the wedding, Melinda made time to meet with us at a location that was convenient for us both so that we could just chat and get to know her. She has multiple options for ceremonies (including vows, readings, etc.) and really allowed us to mix and match content to fit our needs. On the day of the rehearsal, a few members of our bridal party showed up 20-30 minutes past the rehearsal time. Melinda was willing to wait until everyone arrived before getting started, which was very much appreciated. The wedding ceremony went off without a hitch, thanks to Melinda. Her professionalism, flexibility, and desire to ensure that our day went smoothly was very much appreciated. I would recommend her to anyone who is getting married in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding areas!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfect for our wedding!

Melinda was amazing from start to finish. She was always professional and thorough. From our first phone conversation we hit it off and she was one of the first vendors I booked. I knew she would be the perfect fit for our special day.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Bryanna

Bryanna · Married on 05/30/2019

Intimate Wedding 6/7/19

Melinda was a fantastic officiant for our "short & sweet" ceremony we elected. We were married with a symbolic ceremony in a foreign country and just wanted a small but personalized ceremony to legalize our marriage back in the U.S. We loved that we could customize the vows we wanted with sample ceremony scripts to pick from and piece together! Melinda is responsive to get in touch with. She is also very detail-oriented and thorough to capture exactly what we wanted! It was so nice after traveling to have Melinda come to our home for a simple 15 minute ceremony, photos included. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Lee-Anne · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely Recommended

Melinda was everything we were looking for in an officiant for our wedding. She accommodated all of our requests. She allowed us to personalize the readings, even though it didn't differ much from the ones she had prepared. The ceremony was quick and stress free. Melinda was definitely a huge part in why our wedding day was perfect.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing Officiant!

If you are looking for a professional yet friendly, funny and compassionate wedding officiant, look no further! We met Melinda at an open house at our venue, Meredith Manor, a year or so before our 5.17.19 wedding. It was clear after speaking with Melinda for just a few minutes that she is a kind person with a passion for making each wedding ceremony a unique and memorable experience for the couple and for the guests. She was very responsive whenever we had questions and allowed us some creative space to make the ceremony our own. Melinda sent out a questionnaire several weeks before the wedding to gather details that she would need to plan the ceremony. She attended the rehearsal (for a small fee) and made everyone feel comfortable with how the ceremony would unfold the following day.
    On the day of the ceremony, we could not have asked for more. She was dressed professionally (and looked beautiful, by the way) and was warm and welcoming. She led the way through the ceremony and was very engaging throughout. I had several compliments on how great the ceremony and officiant were.
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Melinda, for helping to make the best day of our lives so special! You are truly wonderful!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Lianna Feschuk · Married on 05/04/2019

Great experience!

Melinda was excellent! She responded promptly to all of our questions! She was very flexible with some of the changes we had to make! We would highly recommend her to officiate your special day.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Precious Maria-Rios · Married on 03/23/2019

The perfect fit

Due to some super last minute scheduling issues the wedding we had planned for another day had to be cancelled. We found this out 2 days before we had to get married (didn’t want our license to expire), I was trying to find a great officiant like a mad woman. Thankfully I quickly came across Melinda’s page, and I’m so glad I did. She was able to accommodate us on such short notice. She arrived promptly to the venue and even helped us set up, which really was just so helpful and amazing. She was friendly and welcoming. The ceremony we chose from really fit us so perfectly I felt like it was created just for us. During the ceremony I felt you could tell she was passionate about this, that uniting love is definitely one thing she was made for. She made us feel comfortable, and honestly just all around blessed. Melinda even completely understands how free of a soul our 2 year old is and agreed with us that just letting her be 2 during the ceremony was everyone’s best option, which I’m sure others would scold me for! I’m glad our original plans fell through so we were able to have the beautiful, personal ceremony that we did.

Sent on 03/26/2019