Celebrations D.J. Service Reviews

28 Reviews for Celebrations D.J. Service

Dorothy · Married on 11/04/2011

4.2
      3.5

The only comment I have is although I know all requests can't be made, there were comments made by the students that they requested some older music and the requests were not answered.

Sent on 04/29/2012

Michelle · Married on 08/10/2014

2.8
      2.5
      2.5

We had a bad experience. We hired Randy 8 months prior and sent paperwork 2 months prior for review. He received it and would let me know if there were questions. I didn’t hear from him the week of the wedding, so I called him to confirm everything. He then told me Jeff would cover our event not him. I was shocked because it was the first time hearing this. I expressed my concern that we hired him and didn’t even know Jeff. He assured me he was good and not to worry. I told Randy that Jeff needed to call me ASAP. He called the next day to go through only some of the paperwork because his printer broke. We rushed through the rest and he said he would review everything later. Randy called me after and I told him I was very concerned. He said he would follow up with Jeff and we didn’t hear anything back. I called Jeff on our day to answer any questions he had and he said he was set. I trusted he read through everything, so I didn’t press the issue. The processional song, my husband’s name, my parents’ last name and MOH’s name were all wrong. We corrected it right before we walked and he still messed up my parents’ intro. He didn’t mention grandparents and the ice cream bar and our entire timeline was off. The issues were small, but they added up to a huge disappointment. We thanked Jeff for his time but didn’t tip. I called Randy the next day and he apologized. He was shocked we didn’t like Jeff and said “mistakes happen”. Unfortunately, the damage was done. It could have been avoided if he was prepared and we didn’t get the “bait and switch” scheme. The next day, my check cleared and I haven’t heard anything since. The few good things (playlist, do not play list, first dance song) outweighed the bad. I think another call would have been appreciated and we wouldn’t be so upset now. They didn’t work closely to ensure that every detail was covered and there wasn’t peace of mind knowing that they cared. I’m hoping they take this feedback as an opportunity to improve.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2018

1.4
      1.0
      1.5
      0.5
      3.5
      1.0

If only I could give no stars...because one star is pushing it. The DJ is very nice, there is no doubt about that, however lets just say I should have used my venue's bluetooth speakers to use my Spotify playlist and it would have been better.

Now, as a disclaimer, I gave this DJ free reign on which music to play. I am very easy going and will listen to anything but dude, read the room. If you have people coming up to you and telling you to play something more upbeat so people don't fall asleep, that should tell you something. Also, he didn't. Left the music on well after dinner. Then when he finally did play something more upbeat, NOBODY WAS ON THE DANCE FLOOR. he didn't even try to get people on the floor!! When it came down to the cake cutting, he stayed on the stage and just put music on for us, didn't walk us through it, my photographer (who was amazing) ended up helping us. Announced ONCE that we are cutting the cake and most of the wedding guests missed it. Came to throwing the bouquet and the garter removal/toss and again, he announced it ONCE and sat on the stage waiting. I got so frustrated with the lack of ability I ended up taking the microphone from him and announcing it myself. He then played a song about the guy LOSING HIS GIRL and hoping she sees the man he wants to be, HIGHLY APPROPRIATE FOR A WEDDING! Come to find out he didn't even listen to the song before playing it, told my husband that he just picked whatever came up first. What an amazing DJ to put so much effort (sarcasm).

At the end of the night he played a song i despised, so he was asked to change it. Never did. Please don't waste your money like I did. Find someone better.

Sent on 10/11/2018