Celebrations Catering Reviews

Celebrations Catering 5
Celebrations Catering 6
Celebrations Catering 7

Nicole · Married on 11/02/2013

Celebrations Catering was a breeze to work with. After searching high and low for a caterer that could accommodate a wedding guest list of 250+ people, we settled with Celebrations and I couldn't have been happier. Their pricing was extremely fair and the food was excellent, which is not always the case. The packages they provide for brides to pick from have tons of variety and offer a lot for what you pay per guest. There were tons of linen choices to choose from and you can pay a minimal fee to upgrade to a nicer linen if it's not included in your package. They were always quick to respond to our millions of emails as crazed bride and mother of the bride, which we definitely appreciated. On the day of, Tammy, the staff member in charge of my event, was extremely accommodating, making sure I had a drink if I needed it and food if I was hungry. The set up of my venue was exactly as I envisioned it and Celebrations did a big part in helping the venue out with this. The food tasted as good as it did when we tried it during our tasting.

I would definitely use Celebrations again for an event, hands down. Friendly staff, fast and reliable customer service, and high quality at a fair price.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Hilliary · Married on 10/19/2013

All of our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was, how friendly the staff was, and how beautiful the venue was :)

Sent on 11/01/2013

Sara · Married on 10/08/2013

Celebrations catering was so great to work with. We did the pasta bar station and it was absolutely delicious all of our guests loved the food! I'd definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Andrea · Married on 09/07/2013

Celebrations Catering is an exceptional catering service. There isn't one thing I would have asked them to do differently, in fact they went beyond our imagination in making our wedding day the most beautiful day ever. The food was exceptional, service exceptional, We had a backyard wedding. Chip and his staff showed up and set everything up beautifully in the morning. Brought lots of extra's, things I wouldn't have thought of that would be needed. Then during the reception, they were there and had everything running smoothly. Food was nice and hot and very delicious. I would highly recommend them for any catering event. Outstanding job Celebrations Catering. Can't wait to use you again! Chip and his staff are awesome and a pleasure to work with! They made our special day a day we will cherish forever!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2013

Everything turned out to be FABULOUS !!!! More than we could have dreamed our wedding day to be! Very happy we choose to business with you guys !

Sent on 09/06/2013

Laura · Married on 08/31/2013

Alex and Danielle of Cortland Mansion were great to work with. Alex is the head chef there and he never disappointed! We set up our tasting and picked five options to try out. Every dish was presented beautifully and tasted even better. We went with the Chicken Annapolis/Baltimore (chicken stuffed with crab) and the Beef Tenderloin to cater to our crowd. Everyone loved the food. There was something for everyone. One thing I loved was that they were great with special dietary needs. We had one vegan aunt and tons of kids. They set up kids plates with chicken (real chicken) tenders and a veggie and starch from the list and didn’t charge us for the special vegan dish. The bar is – so worth it! People kept raving about the bar and the bartenders and the variety of drinks available :-) great service.

Celebrations also made our Cake through Keri’s Kakes (I believe Alex and his wife make the cakes). I didn’t really care (personally) about the presentation but I wanted it to taste GOOD. And it did not disappoint. They make their own fondant and it did not taste like the plastic crap I am used to. It was actually really good!

Overall they did not disappoint! Super flexible and we loved every minute of our reception!!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/24/2013

Celebration’s is an amazing caterer and did a fabulous job from start to finish. From day one they were on top of everything! From their website I submitted a request and within 2 hours I received an email confirmation from Chip. The next morning I had a price quote and he set us up for a tasting at the end of the month. I worked with Danielle and Tammy at Celebrations who are both fantastic. My father and I did seven tastings and found the food quality, selection, and presentation at Celebrations to be leaps above the others. Danielle, Tammy and I traded tons of emails over the year; the responses were prompt and thorough. They both attended the pre-planning meeting at the venue and were very helpful. Anything that my hubby and I didn’t have covered they eagerly volunteered to handle. They even offered to drop off a couple small rentals the day after!

Our wedding was off-site from the Cortland Mansion in Myersville with 135 guests. Tammy spent the day getting the venue ready and it looked amazing. Chef Alex was cooking away without having a full working kitchen (did I mention our venue didn’t have AC, on purpose!) but Celebration’s has a mobile kitchen which my father said was a huge selling point. We received numerous wonderful compliments from our guests about the food. To be honest I didn’t eat; I hope I’m not the only bride with a weak appetite on their wedding day but I made sure to ask about the food. Every single vegetarian told me how amazing the stuffed pepper tasted! I forgot to mark the vegetarian’s place cards and one of the girls came up to me and said I don’t know how they found me but they were sniffing us “veggies” out. Great job making up for my forgetfulness! I heard numerous compliments on the bar staff. I didn’t make it to the bar but the guests were really impressed and loved that they were offering them lemon drop shooters. Great job everyone, thank you!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Linda · Married on 07/27/2013

I am providing this feedback from the perspective of the father of the bride paying the bills. Over the years, I have been involved in coordinating many dinners for corporate type events, but this was the first of my daughters to get married. It was challenging in that the event for 225 was being held iat Walker's Overlook, a beautiful farm homestead venue near Frederick Maryland, but we lived in New York State. Chip and Danielle from Celebrations Catering were absolutely outstanding to deal with through this process. From the scheduling of appointments, the arranging of the tastings, working our way towards final arrangements, and all the other issues you have to deal with, they were extremely professional and remsponsive in all their dealings. Perhaps most importantly, celebrations delivered on what they committed to. The food was outstanding as noted by many of our guests, everything was served in great fashion, the waitstaff were extremely friendly and courteous and set a great tone for the evening, Everything went very very smoothly. Throughout the whole process, I kept waiting for some glitch or problem to develop, based on the experiences of others with hosted weddings. It never happened. if anything, my experiences with Celebrations Catering far exceeded anything I could've reasonably hoped for going into this experience. I can not recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Maureen · Married on 07/27/2013

Everyone that I worked with at Cortland Mansion was absolutely wonderful! Danielle was an absolute pro, and Alex's food was amazing! From the first time I met with Danielle, everything was so organized and easy, there were no surprises or concerns with the reception planning. Compared to some of my friends who recently got married at other places, my wedding day went so smoothly thanks to everyone at Cortland Mansion. My husband and I were able to enjoy the evening without any worries. Even at the end of the night when my parents were starting to pack up, the staff told them not to worry, they took care of everything. I would definitely recommend Celebrations Catering at Cortland Mansion to others.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Leah · Married on 07/14/2013

Chip and Danielle were absolutely Amazing! I am super happy with my event. They were very helpful in whatever ways possible. I couldn't have been happier! Thank you!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Hank · Married on 06/07/2013

Celebrations catering at courtland mansion was a pleasure and made our big day even more special and flawless. Chip and Danielle were a pleasure to work with and made for a smooth and enjoyable experience! My wife and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/09/2013

chasity · Married on 06/01/2013

Chip and his team at Celebrations Catering was absolutely amazing from start to finish! We had an intimate wedding and had difficulty finding a caterer who would be willing to serve less than 100 people -- until we found Chip! He was so helpful and enthusiastic. He came to the site visit to help with logistics and provided sound advise. The day of our wedding, Chip and his te were there early to set up the tables. They came back a little later to set up the food. We did our own appetizers, but he and his team helped arrange them so they looked beautiful! The food was amazing! I had several people comment about how awesome the food was. One guest in particular is difficult to please because she is such an amazing chef herself. Even she had great things to say -- so much so, that she mentioned how great the food was directly to Chip. I cannot speak highly enough of this caterer. I have several friends who have said if they need a caterer in the future, they will use Chip and Celebrations Catering. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about them!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Barbara · Married on 05/26/2013

Celebrations Catering catered my daughter's wedding at Stone Manor Country Club. The food was wonderful, the service was superb and the staff where extremely professional, flexible and a real joy to work with. We were on a tight budget and celebrations worked very hard to meet our budget. Celebrations Catering worked very hard to help in any way they could and to make our day special. I would highly recommend Celebrations Catering. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about Celebrations Catering.
    Barbara Pfister
    301-639-1951

Sent on 05/29/2013

Kendall · Married on 05/18/2013

I am so happy that I chose Celebrations to cater my wedding! They made my wedding look elegant with their linens and attention to detail. I had forgotten some baskets for the bar snacks at my wedding. I told Tammy from Celebrations and she said she had it covered and she brought out some baskets! They were very professional and right on time. They helped keep things going and when ever I needed something I only had to ask and they were right on it. They kept the tables clear and neat through out the wedding. My guests have commented on how delicious the food was! Some told me that the beef tip tenderloin was the best they have ever had, and I must agree! I cant say enough about this company, they were the highlight of my wedding and they made it more beautiful than I could have imagined! Thank you so much CELEBRATIONS! I would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this company if you are looking for the perfect wedding atmosphere, incredible service, amazing food and beautiful linens!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Brian · Married on 10/13/2012

Fantastic service and delectable menu. Miles ahead of the competition in the area. Chip and his friendly staff made our wedding day even more enjoyable. We received numerous compliments from our guests on the quality of the food. What you get is worth so much more than what you paid. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/23/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/08/2012

This was absolutely the best choice for my wedding! The staff made sure everything ran smoothly and I had nothing to worry about. They took care of set up and clean up as well. The food was phenomenal and we still get compliments from it. The staff were easy to talk to and had plenty of advice to give to me when I asked. I love exactly how my wedding turned out because of Cortland Mansion and Celebrations Catering!

Sent on 10/04/2012

Geri · Married on 08/18/2012

Cortland Mansion made my daughter's wedding an event to remember! The venue is beautiful; the staff is most helpful and professional; the food was outstanding. Not once did I have a request that was not met. Chip, Alex and Danielle are top notch in their field. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. I highly recommend Cortland Mansion for your wedding or any event!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Megan · Married on 07/06/2012

Chip was amazing throughout the planning process. Alex the chef and the staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. My guests raved about the food and loved the venue. It was a perfect night.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Kara · Married on 06/09/2012

I highly recommend Cortland Mansion. Everything was great - they are highly responsive, flexible, and our entire experience was wonderful. I am SO glad we chose to cancel our contract with the first venue!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Scott · Married on 06/02/2012

Celebrations Catering at Cortland Mansion were extremely accommodating, professional and courteous. The food was absolutely delicious and many of our guests said how much they loved the food and venue. I would highly recommend Celebrations Catering and Cortland Mansion. They truly helped make our day exactly how we imagined.

Sent on 06/16/2012

Maria · Married on 05/25/2012

The chef is awesome and very sweet. His food is AMAZING and our guests raved about it! GREAT pricing compared to other vendors, as well.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2012

Service was great, food was excellent, staff were helpful and on top of things, fun and great space to have any event.

Sent on 05/18/2012

Christina · Married on 09/23/2011

I would recommend Celebrations Catering and the Cortland Mansion to every Bride and Groom. The service was excellent. Celebrations Catering provided us with many food options. The food was fresh and delicious! Our guests are still talking about it! My grandmother has swallowing issues which limits what she is able to eat, which I hadn't thought of. She asked for applesauce, so one of the staff members ran to the store to get some for her. It seems small but it meant a lot to me. The facility has many perks such as the grand ballroom, beautiful decor, and my favorite-the separate bridal room. Their staff listens to your wishes and makes sure every detail is carried out. Our wedding day was everything we had dreamt of and more thanks to the staff at Celebrations Catering and the Cortland Mansion.

Sent on 03/01/2012

Amelia · Married on 07/16/2011

We worked with Chip Coblentz and he was so great! He was very accomodating he answered my and my mother's endless questions about EVERYTHING! The food was fabulous and we were able to tweak the menu to be perfect for us and our vegan guests!

Sent on 05/08/2012

Derise · Married on 07/01/2017

Celebrations Catering was our first vendor that we booked for our wedding and it was one of the best decision we made. We wanted to do a very different menu to represent my husbands family (From NC), my family (From PA), and our current locations (MD) so we did stations for each of the states. We did a tasting of the menu and they created our entire menu for us to try which was amazing. We tried other vendors and no one else compared to Celebrations. They didn't taste like traditional wedding food because it was very well seasoned and prepared. The crab cakes were worth the extra money! Anytime I called Chip about a change or concern he was on top of his game and made me feel very confident in their service on the wedding day.

On our wedding day, which was 90+ degrees with a high humidity in a barn style venue, I didn't have to worry about anything because the service was beyond any expectation. There was constantly water provided, food being brought out, and ease of everything with the linens and china that was provided. We had people that attended our wedding that work in kitchens and for catering companies and everyone said that it was the best food they have ever had at any wedding. Well worth the money and I am so happy we booked with them!

Sent on 08/07/2017