Celebrations Catering Reviews

Celebrations Catering 6
Celebrations Catering 7
  • JessicaIsTotallySmithen

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

Celebrations catering was the built in catering service for our venue! I am so thankful that they were! They made the processes easy and the food was delicious. I've been told most people will not remember the food at your wedding, but our guests did. Everyone we've talked to since the wedding mentions how amazing the food was! I just wish I had more time to eat more of it!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Dana · Married on 10/16/2016

Celebrations was excellent! They were very easy to work with leading up to the wedding and fantastic on the day of. They went above and beyond to make sure every detail of our special day was align with our vision. For the cocktail hour we did seasonal soups - butternut squash and Maryland crab; and for dinner, we had a buffet - chicken florentine, mahi mahi, truffle mashed potatoes, and asparagus. My favorites were butternut squash soup, chicken florentine, and truffle potatoes. But all the food was amazing!!! We got so many compliments - even from picky elder relatives. :) Nicole was our event coordinator and she was great to work with - leading up to the wedding and on the day of! I would absolutely recommend Celebrations!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Dorothy · Married on 10/15/2016

Where to begin, Chip was our initial contact and super easy to work with. We had many changes, delays with three date changes and he was extremely understanding and flexible. Nicole became our person of contact and I cannot say enough about her sweet disposition and willingness to help make the preparation seemless and easy for us, while also dealing with many last minute changes. She was always pleasant, patient and very helpful. Jeff and Janice were a wonderful addition to our day as server and bartender. The staff were so fun to work with and felt like they were all part of our family and friends! The food, service, and setting were beyond fabulous and truly made our day so special for us! Thank you all for being there! Dodi and Dave

Sent on 10/19/2016

Jim · Married on 10/15/2016

Celebrations sets the gold standard for catering - not only in this area, but the entire state of Maryland. Every aspect of their operation – people, set up, service, QUALITY and QUANTITY of food, is top shelf. The staff was fantastic; they gladly helped our disabled guests who had difficulty getting to the buffet line or bar; vegetarian and vegan guest were taken care of seamlessly and when we ran short of a specific liquor (which I provided), Tammy quietly informed me and had our stock replenished without missing a beat.

The food was fantastic, notably the appetizers – I could have eaten an entire plate of the bacon wrapped scallops. Prime rib, cut AND cooked to order, was superb. Amber not only led the top-notch kitchen staff, but was continuously in touch with me in the 6 months leading up to the event, checking our status, providing sage advice sound guidance on any questions or concern we had. In summary, the best, from the best! The wedding was a dream come true for our daughter!!! Thank you so much Tammy, Amber and staff!!!

Sent on 10/22/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2016

Celebrations was great! Amber and Tammy worked closely with us from the moment we contacted them to ensure the meal and evening we were creating was exactly what we wanted. The options were all very delicious and we had a hard time deciding what we wanted to serve at our tasting. We ended up going with the Prime Rib, Chicken Marsala, Irish potatoes, Rice, Asparagus and baby carrots. Our guests loved everything and even boosted that it was the best meal they had ever had at a wedding! Not only was the cocktail hour Hors d'oeuvres delicious, and the meal but Amber checked in throughout the planning process and leading up to our wedding day to ensure we were doing okay and everything was as we wanted. I would highly recommend using Celebrations Catering in the future to anyone planning a wedding, or event. They are the best!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Kelli · Married on 10/09/2016

Celebrations Catering is amazing. We worked with Vivian, and cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She was so responsive and helpful to the many, many questions I had leading up to the day. She was also with us the entire night of the wedding, making sure everything went smoothly. She even packed out getaway car with two entrees and a bottle of champagne! In addition to the staff being amazing, their food is outstanding! We were blown away by the tasting, and were not disappointed come the wedding day. We also brought some of our own linens and decor that they went out of their way to help set up. We couldn't have been happier with the staff and catering from Celebrations!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Meaghan · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with Nicole and the entire Celebrations Catering staff was OUTSTANDING! The food was phenomenal, and the service provided was more than I could have asked for. I would absolutely 100% recommend Celebrations for any event, they were so professional and the absolute best! My husband and I picked Celebrations to cater our wedding reception after meeting with several catering companies, and we couldn't have been happier with our selection. If you get to work with Nicole you are in for an absolute treat! She was so wonderful to work with!!! This catering company is truly worth every penny!!! I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

Everyone I had the pleasure of working with at Celebrations was wonderful and helpful! We got a ton of complements on the food. I knew I would be in good hands when choosing Celebrations and they exceeded my expectations! They went above and beyond! Thank you Tammy and crew for being so great to us!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Mia · Married on 09/23/2016

Going with Celebrations for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made.

The food was fresh and well made. The standout for me was the lamb lollipop hor d'oeuvre, they were very tender, perfectly cooked, and perfectly seasoned. I think people typically expect wedding food to be mediocre, but this was far from it. Plenty of guests told us in the days and weeks following the wedding how good the food was. We felt like we got top tier food for a mid-range price. I'm happy to say that the best food I've ever had at a wedding was at my own.

The service was impeccable. Hors d'oeuvres were plentiful during the cocktail hour, the servers were very helpful and the bartender Celebrations provided was pleasant and efficient.

All that being said, the biggest reasons in my opinion to recommend Celebrations are the owners/operators Tammy and Chip. These are exactly the kind of people you want managing your wedding (they run the venue we got married at as well). Chip mostly worked behind the scenes while Tammy worked with us face to face, and she could not have been more helpful through the entire process. It seemed like the bride was constantly calling and emailing Tammy throughout the planning stages, and she was always there to help with whatever we needed. With all the money grubbing, disappointing vendors we had to deal with through the whole process, it was refreshing to work with people who obviously love what they do and care about their clients' happiness.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Audrey · Married on 09/17/2016

Tammy. Is. AMAZING. I don't know what I would have done without her! At times, I felt like I had no idea what I was doing, and Tammy just made everything easy. She's catered so many events and weddings that she is just a pro. The fact I was able to get my bar service, linens, food, glassware, silverware, EVERYTHING, in one place was so perfect. They are such a great team and I hope I have an event in the future to use them again!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Susan · Married on 09/10/2016

It was such a joy working with Celebrations, from the tastings to the wedding. Our coordinator was Nicole and she did a truly fantastic job. From start to finish she was in control and I knew I didn't have to worry about a single thing. The food was great. The tables looked lovely. The wait staff were attentive and the bartenders also did a super job. I would recommend them to anyone! Thank you Nicole for making the night flow so smoothly. You were so professional and nothing seemed to ruffle your feathers.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Mina · Married on 09/05/2016

I can comfortably say that they are the ones who helped us the MOST during our wedding planning. We lost our venue because our old venue didn't have proper permits and the County shut them down. We had to find a venue and start over. Celebrations helped us start over in such a caring and helpful way. Nicole worked with us as if she was our wedding coordinator. She offered help with everything we asked. She was always ahead of the game and thinking ahead! She went over and beyond and everything went perfect during our wedding. I remember during our wedding, while we were having our pictures taken, she came over and brought us water. When we were lining up to walk in to the reception, the bartender we hired through them came over and asked what we wanted to drink right away. These things may sound small but it definitely made a difference. They pay attention to detail and they do a really neat job. We rented linens and wine glasses from them as well. They did an excellent job helping us decorate and clean up. You will never have a problem with your venue with the way that they clean up after the wedding. It was their first time at our venue and they handled it like they worked there before. Another thing that impressed me about Celebrations was how prepared they were. When we had our consultations with them, they had everything ready for us as if we were their only clients and trust me they are very busy. Now, lets talk about food... When you receive texts from your guests with a picture of their empty plates, I think that says it all. People are still talking about how good our cocktail hour food (we had a dipping station) and the reception dinner was. We are beyond happy that we chose Celebrations. If you want a professional, caring, reasonably priced and responsible caterer who offers amazing food, lots of rental options and professional staff, then choose Celebrations with zero hesitation.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Katelyn · Married on 09/04/2016

These guys are phenomenal! They were recommended to us, by more than one venue! They come highly recommended by so many, and there is great reason for it. The FOOD! Sooooo GOOD! We loved it when we sampled it, we loved it on our wedding day, and our guests even pulled us to the side to compliment the food! Thankfully there was plenty for our guests to take home! The food was amazing! Thankfully, they even offered linen and napkins. They think of everything, and have everything to offer! They are extremely professional, personable, helpful, knowledgable, offer great food and great services! I have recommended them to anyone! If I can use their services again, I will! They are TRULY AMAZING!!

Sent on 10/10/2016
  • User6195681 · 2+ years ago

Nicole and Celebrations did a wonderful job catering our wedding! They kept on top of all the planning, even making a site visit prior to the big day. The day of, they made sure we (the couple) ate and had a drink in hand for the toasts, and took care of each and every detail, from lighting the luminaries lining the driveway to keeping on top of our day-of schedule. The food was just delicious and everybody raved!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Maggie · Married on 09/03/2016

We truly loved working with Celebrations. They went above and beyond what was called for to make sure our night ran smoothly. We got tons of compliments about how delicious the food was (which we already knew from our tastings) and they took care of things like the cake and dessert tables without us even knowing it. We worked with Nicole, who was a pleasure from start to finish -- she always answered our many questions promptly by email, and gently (but firmly!) made sure our many guests were where they needed to be in time for dinner, etc. Celebrations worked seamlessly with our wedding venue to make sure we didn't worry about a thing the whole night. We are so happy we made this decision and would absolutely do it again!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Mindy · Married on 06/25/2016

Without Celebrations (Nicole especially) I would have been lost while wedding planning. Their service goes far beyond catering as the package included table linens and day of coordination. Besides that, the food was incredible. There is absolutely noway anyone went hungry at our wedding because the package includes 2 entrees, a salad, starches, vegetables, Apps, etc. Would highly recommend!! Also, very easy to communicate with along the way. Nicole was willing to meet me at any time to go over questions and concerns

Sent on 12/06/2016

Nina · Married on 06/11/2016

Where to begin?! The food, of course. The food is AMAZING. Every single person who came to our wedding has since told me it was not only the best wedding food they've ever had, it rivals favorite restaurants. From the main course to the side dishes, everything was beyond delicious. One of my aunts called the next day to say she has always hated asparagus, but went up for seconds of it at the wedding because she liked the way Celebrations Catering made it so much. I am so thankful that Celebrations made the memories of my wedding that much better!

I also have to write about the amazing staff. Nicole was so wonderful, she answered all of my incessant emails, which during the week of the wedding turned into incessant phone calls and was cheerful every single time despite my rising panic about every little thing. She helped me in all stages of planning and was my right hand the entire day of. THANK YOU NICOLE! Everyone quickly recognized her as the go-to person in charge and she was happy to fill that role. The rest of the staff was equally amazing, from last minute errands to staying at the wedding until 11:45 pm, everyone was so nice, so helpful, and I feel so blessed that Celebrations was a part of our big day.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Katie · Married on 05/21/2016

This was the absolute BEST decision I ever made for my wedding! I've been to so many weddings and noticed that the food was just subpar. And though to some that doesn't take away from the wedding experience, to me it always has and was a focal point when my time came to get married.

I found out about Celebrations through SEVERAL recommendations and from the start, my experience with them was just perfect. Their communication is fantastic and selections are endless. Our food tasting blew my husband away at just how good everything was.

On the day of our wedding, their staff was on their game - friendly, excited and happy. The owner and planner for the day, Tammy, was at our beckon call. We both actually got to eat at our own wedding because of her and I can't remember going even a full minute without something in my hand before she asked if she could get me anything. Tammy did an incredible job of staying on top of everything and keeping me in the loop!!

And on top of that, the food spoke for itself!! My wedding was over a month ago and guests are STILL raving about it!! After having some issues on our wedding day, Celebrations made up for all of it and left our wedding more perfect than I could have ever imagined.

For all of those looking for catering services for your wedding or any other event...Celebrations is the BEST there is!!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Celebrations Catering offers many choices for any size budget. They were very responsive to every email and question as part of the planning process. During the wedding the staff was very professional and courteous and willing to meet every need. They were prepared to handle any last minute request - for us, we realized we needed an extra vegetarian meal during the serving of dinner - they responded quickly and our guest never knew.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Melanie · Married on 03/18/2016

Amber has been the best helping me plan my big day! She has dealt with every curveball I have thrown with ease and has made me feel completely stress free about my big day! They are the best and very reasonably priced for the area!

UPDATE: my wedding day went off without a hitch, and I could not be more pleased that I chose this company. They made everything exactly as I had specified and I couldn't have been more pleased. They set up broke down flipped our reception room and we had one of the best meals we had ever had at a wedding! I can not say enough good things about this company!

Sent on 12/17/2015
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 01/29/2016

The food and service was excellent. They were very responsive and accommodating of some allergy issues one of our guests had and the servers at our wedding were wonderful. If I ever am in need of a caterer again- they will be my first call.

Sent on 02/16/2017

Mark · Married on 11/28/2015

My name is Mark and I own a local wedding venue in the Frederick area, celebrations catering is one of our preferred caterers. We see them almost every weekend and are always delighted that they are at our venue. I recently had to plan my mother's 80th birthday party and when I started the planning I only went to one caterer for the food.
    I knew before I even called them that the food would be great, the service would be excellent and the staff would be friendly. My mother is a refined person, and a little picky when it comes to food and service. She was totally blown away with everything they did. Chip and Tammy and their entire staff always deliver an a Plus product when it comes to catering. They are professional , yet very friendly. Their head chef Alex always knocks the food out of the park. All I can say is whether you are getting married or planning an 80th birthday party for your mother. I would start and end my search for food , at celebrations catering. Thank you all very much. YOU ROCK

Sent on 12/09/2015
  • WithHitch11/07

Allison · Married on 11/07/2015

I have to admit... I was a little nervous at first about using Celebrations Catering. The property where we got married (Harvest House at Lost Creek Winery) uses CC exclusively, so not like we had a choice. After reading some of the reviews, I felt a little better. After we had our tasting and getting to know Vivian, I knew they would be a great fit for our wedding. After the wedding.... I couldn't imagine having anyone else cater our wedding.
    My husband and I were out with some friends for a happy hour last week and they mentioned (again) how great the food was. Their words, "It wasn't wedding food. It was a really good meal!" How happy does that make my husband and I feel that we were able to supply our guests with such delicious food!?
    Vivian was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is flexible when scheduling appointments and is very responsive. Chef is open to new suggestions as well! If you have an idea, let them know. They'll work with you!
    I hope that I have an event in the future to where I can work with Vivian and Celebrations again!

Sent on 12/16/2015

T · Married on 10/31/2015

All I can say is WOW. This catering company--Chip and his team--are nothing short of fabulous. Food and service were well beyond our expectations. Worth the drive to Thurmont--they are so professional and clearly have expertise in this business. As a hospitality professional, this catering company just blows any hotel catering I've experienced out of the water!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/25/2015

I do not mean to brag (well yes I do...) But we had the best food at our wedding and it was all because of Celebrations Catering. Our wedding was almost 2 weeks ago (10/25/15) and people are still talking about the food!

The servers were fantastic too! They were so nice and cheerful. They all made our guests feel welcome.

The bartenders were great too! they were able to make our signature drinks well and kept everyone hydrated!

Dawn, Nicole, and Chip all played a major part in our planning process and were beyond flexible and accommodating to help us with everything. I seriously can not think them enough for making the wedding planning process effortless.

Do not look for any other caterer... these guys are seriously the best!

Sent on 11/04/2015