Celebrations By Amy Bacon Reviews

135 | Phoenix, AZ

135 Reviews for Celebrations By Amy Bacon

jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

Amy has been absolutely amazing!!!! She has the best ideas and is always so helpful. She also knows all the best vendors and everyone she's recommended has been great. Plus you get a discount from the vendor since you are working with Amy. No one should get married without Amy's help :)

Sent on 04/07/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/21/2013

The team at Celebrations by Amy Bacon is amazing. Words cannot express how calm our wedding day and the weeks leading up to it were. I had no reason to be stressed or anxious in any way. I knew Amy and her team had everything under control. Were there snafus on my big day? Maybe, but I never knew about them. Could I have planned a wedding on my own? Sure, but it would never have been anywhere near as beautiful or as close to my budget if I had and I would have not been the calm, relaxed bride that I was. Everything ran smoothly all day long and many of our guests commented to me and my husband on how impressed they were with the Celebrations by Amy Bacon team. Our day was incredibly beautiful and relaxed. The hard work put into the day by all involved was enhanced by this talented team. Hire them, you deserve it.

Sent on 03/23/2013

Jeffrey · Married on 02/23/2013

I suppose I should start by saying that Amy Bacon and her team of amazing, beautiful, fearless, and VERY passionate woman are not just the world best event coordinators; they are our family that we never knew we had! Or as I like to call them; the "Rosie Rivitor's" of event planning, coordinating, executing and most definitely exceeding any and all expectations! HANDS DOWN! I am beyond honored to have met the "Celebrations By Amy Bacon" family and will always refer to them as family! Thank you Amy, for being an amazing "sister wife" to my best friend and beautiful wife Kaycee Kisling. (Inside Joke, amongst Amy (The Best) Bacon & Family) Thank you for loving us and helping us have the most beautiful and real day of our lives! You and your team of awesomeness FREAKING ROCK!!!!

Sent on 03/06/2013

Kaycee · Married on 02/23/2013

I feel as though words cannot describe the gratitude that I have for Amy & her team and all that they did for my special day, but I will do my best! First, let me start by saying that I never thought I would be the bride with a wedding planner; however I met Amy when she did a friend’s wedding just weeks after I got engaged. My friend had such amazing things to say about her and my husband and I really clicked with her personality at the wedding, I figured it was worth looking into. I am soooooo glad that I did!
    Through the planning process her advice and referrals were invaluable. When my life outside of the wedding world got a little crazy, she made sure I stayed on task but always remained supportive and didn't push too hard. And as the chaos of the weeks leading up to the wedding seemed oh so overwhelming she was a genuine friend and calming force. Amy Bacon is the only reason I did not completely lose my mind before my wonderful wedding!
    I could go on and on about the many many many ways that Amy and her team went above and beyond what I would ever expect (like picking up the best man who's flight was late so he could be at our rehearsal dinner) but what resonates the most is the fact that on my wedding day every time somebody asked "Do you have ... (scissors, sand paper, sewing kit, ANY THING YOU COULD THINK OF)" the answer was "I bet Amy does" … and she did!! :)
    What really warms my heart the most is to hear that not only did she make my life easier and my day more enjoyable; she did the same for everybody in and at my wedding. I cannot count the number of people from parents, bridesmaids and groomsmen, family and guests that have commented to me how amazing, professional, friendly, efficient, and just a pleasure to be around Amy and her team were.
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart doesn't even begin to say enough!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Shea · Married on 02/08/2013

Made the day wonderful and eased any worries!! Thanks Amy!

Sent on 02/11/2013

Cortney · Married on 02/08/2013

Amy and her team put more heart and effort into my best friend's wedding than I ever could have hoped. These ladies care beyond a set of duties on a check list; they went the extra mile to make sure that everyone involved in, and attending the wedding had a beautiful and memorable experience. I already know who I'm going to call when it's time to plan my wedding. Thank you Celebrations by Amy Bacon!

Sent on 02/17/2013

tiffany · Married on 02/08/2013

Amy Bacon and her team more than exceeded my expectations for planning my wedding. I hired Amy and her team to help ease the stress of planning a wedding, and for the piece of mind that everything would go smoothly on our big day. Amy, Patrice, Gale, and the Celebrations by Amy Bacon team made our day SO special. Not only did Amy keep me sane in the months leading up to the wedding, but Amy and her team recommend awesome vendors, made sure everything was super organized, and helped me put together my ideas, just to name a few things. I could not have done it without Amy. Amy goes WAY beyond being just your average wedding planner to ensure that everyone is happy and relaxed the day of, to provide moral support, and to be a friend. I would highly recommend Amy Bacon to anyone planning a wedding! She is all sorts of awesomeness!!!

Sent on 02/24/2013

I had the honor to watch this great team in action at my nieces wedding and they were Amazing! They were professional, courteous and ensured that everyone was taken care of in the same manner. Even when the DJ got a flat tire and his jack broke on the way to the wedding, Amy was behind the scenes calling the tire shop to expedite the service so that the Bride, Groom, Wedding Party and guests did not have to wait long for the Ceremony to begin. She informed all involved and rearranged the planned events immediately to ensure complete satisfaction. The Ceremony and Reception were glamorous! Awesome Job!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Brenda · Married on 11/02/2012

I had been following Amy through a friend who's friend was getting married and using her services. I knew when she was at an open house I had to take my daughter Samantha (Brided to be) to meet Amy along with some other vendors. Amy was everything I had thought she would be. We immediately hired her for her Event Planning expertise. Without Amy I dont know what any of us would have done. She is very professional and personable. Amy & her team took care of things we wouldn't even begin to think about. I will absolutely hire Amy again if ever needed for her Event Planning Services and/or her Candy Buffets and Favors.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Samantha · Married on 11/02/2012

I could not have imagined planning my wedding without Amy. I hired her for her month of services which includes day of coordinating which is why I wanted to hire Amy; she ensures that all goes perfect on your "big day" along with many other things. I did not have to worry about anything on my wedding day. For example, our DJ had a tire blow out on his way to the venue, he called Amy, she called discount tire and spoke with GM to ensure that the DJ was taken care of immediately so he could make it to wedding. The ceremony was only delayed a little bit, which allowed us more time for pictures and everything worked out just fine and I didn't have to do anything. She also opened the bar early to keep my guests happy :) Amy and her Patrice were awesome, they always there when I needed them and they ensured all went as planned. My family loved them as well as they were able to enjoy the wedding and not worry about things either. I would recommend that everyone have someone like Amy for their wedding, she really is awesome and knows EVERYTHING!!!
    I would also like to add that she worked very hard tpo ensure the venue looked perfect. Amy did some cleaning that was not done prior to the wedding. She definitely went above and beyond!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Tresha · Married on 09/29/2012

I could not have done this without Amy. She thought of many things that I would have never planned for. She is very detail oriented, prompt in her responses and was always calm and reassuring.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2012

We did not originally plan to have a day-of-planner, but after a few changes to our venue we decided it was a must. Amy, Gale, and their team did a great job on our wedding!! They made our day run incredibly smooth, and we were very happy with our decision to work with them for the day of our wedding! Being an out-of-town bride, they put me at ease, and worked really well with our venue coordinator to ensure we got the wedding we had hoped for.

Sent on 11/26/2012
  • nicole

nicole · Married on 06/10/2012

I am so happy we got to work with Amy and her team. I am very laid back and she gave me direction and helped me define what was important to us for our special day. It was a sunny hot Arizona day and Amy and her team(Patrice and Gale) had these wonderful fans, so we didn't get hot in between takings pictures. They were attentive to everyones needs. I forgot my garter and one of the girls immediately went and bought me a new one. I highly recommend Celebrations by Amy Bacon. She helped make my special day even more amazing!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Michael · Married on 06/10/2012

Wow! Amy and her team went above and beyond in everyway to make my sisters wedding as stress free as possible. I could not imagine the day without her and her amazing team. Amy and two team members were so attentive and did not miss any detail. My daughter, who was the flower girl, was getting a little fussy right before she was about to go on, Amy immediately had one of her team members there to play with my daughter, talking to her about what she was going to do when walking down the isle, this took the stress of my part in the ceremony and as a Dad really made me feel so special to know my daughter was in great hands.

The flow of the event as a whole went perfect, as the Brides Brother I checked in with her to make sure she had something to drink, tried the appetizers, etc but every time I would ask Amy and her team were 5 steps ahead of me! They had appetizers ready for them in the bridal room, made sure they had something to drink, I even heard them asking some of the vendors like the DJ and Photobooth attendants so that they didn't have to leave there posts.

At my own wedding we did not get a chance to eat becasue we got busy and forgot. Amy brought my sister and her husband there meal, drinks, and checked in on the guests with perfect attention to detail.

To have a stress free day on the most important day of your life which will allow you to actually enjoy your day vs. having to worry about was this or that done.

If you are planning a special wedding or event hands down hire Amy Bacon and her amazing team!

Sent on 06/17/2012

Kassi · Married on 05/18/2012

Amy was such a blessing to have at our wedding! Her attention to detail and the needs of the bride/bridal party were above and beyond. She is so sweet and professional and she was there for anything we needed, she even helped to bustle my dress when we were having trouble with it, thank goodness!!! Amy would help any bride to have a stress free day, by attending to any need to help the day run smoothly. We also hired Amy for our candy buffet and it was perfect! She did an amazing job with the display and making sure we had the same vision of what it would look like in the end. She is creative with her display and candy options. My guests loved it and it and so did we! Amy was always available and quick to respond to any questions we had from the first meeting to the day of the wedding. I would recommend her to anyone, the candy buffets are a beautiful and fun touch, and if you need a go to girl for planning or someone to help your day be worry free you wont go wrong with Amy!

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • User2435481 · event on 05/12/2012

Amy did an amazing job. Not only were the decorations beautiful but she was extremely professional and nice. Her candy bar was the hit of the graduation. I would recommend her services to everyone.

Sent on 05/16/2012

Ron · Married on 05/12/2012

I would rate a 6.o on Value if I could. Amy is a clear future star in this field. She is totally committed to her clients and the other vendors involved in the wedding took the time to pull me aside and say that she was the single best coordinator that they have ever worked with. High praise indeed. She can meet the clients needs and also make the vendors that she coordinates feel special too. It created an environment of all family at the wedding, not family and vendors. Her candy bar was elegent and tasty and was well liked by the guests. I have several Daughters and it seems that we have our coordinator all set.

Sent on 05/16/2012

Erin · Married on 05/12/2012

Think of Celebrations by Amy Bacon as wedding insurance.

No matter what goes wrong, she will correct the problem. In fact, she and her team are so efficient that you probably will never know that the problem happened until after the event is done and you are thrilled with her work. If you are willing to spend so much money on a wedding, how can you NOT have insurance?!

We hired Celebrations by Amy Bacon for our wedding on May 12th, 2012. We hired Amy Bacon for her day-of services as well as for her beautiful candy bar, and ended up getting SO much more than we paid for. She always emails back within 24 hours and is both sweet and professional. One of her personality traits that I most appreciated is her ability to immediately assess the needs and wants of the bride (and bridal party) and respond to them. She always made sure my voice was heard, and she'll never know how much that meant to me. She was an intermediary in conflict when needed, she was a jack of all trades that preformed every necessary role you can imagine. She has an easy-going demeanor and an ability to calm tensions and solve problems.

On top of bringing THREE assistants to help out in our wedding, her touches throughout the wedding were felt. When I forgot my something borrowed and something blue, she was prepared to lend me a blue anklet. She came prepared to the wedding with a "wedding emergency kit" that my bridal party and I used many times throughout the day. She brought "bride" and "groom" signs for our sweetheart table. She surprised my husband and I with an amazingly decorated bridal sweet for the wedding night. I could go on and on.

Don't look any further. Hire Celebrations by Amy Bacon and you will be thrilled beyond any expectations you may have had!

Sent on 05/26/2012

Lynn · Married on 05/12/2012

I am the third person to be writing a review concerning Amy on the same wedding! My daughter (the bride) and husband have already weighed in, but I wanted to write as well.

Neither my daughter nor I lives in the Phoenix area currently, and we became overwhelmed at the thought of handling all the wedding details ourselves. We loved the idea of a "Day Of" coordinator and started researching options.
    My daughter and I spoke to Amy on a joint telephone call. We started the phone call thinking that we were just gathering options, and ended the phone call absolutely knowing that we wanted Amy to handle my daughter's wedding day. Why? Well, Amy was personable and professional, and she rapidly started asking such intelligent and insightful questions that it became obvious how gifted she was at her job. By the end of our conversation, we didn't even have to discuss our mutual decision to hire her on the spot; our only concern at that point was whether Amy would be able to work us into her deservedly busy schedule!

As the mother of the bride, I worked quite a bit with Amy due to my daughter's various time commitments as a student. Amy became our partner in planning and executing the wedding. She was a tireless advocate for us in countless ways: recommending vendors, offering suggestions, and calming anxieties. When we ran into a sticky etiquette situation, Amy not only clarified what the appropriate etiquette was in such a case, but she offered to call up the involved parties and diplomatically solve the problem.

Although Amy has a full schedule, she has the gift of making her clients feel special and important. She genuinely loves weddings and is excited about helping to plan and execute them. Her enthusiasm was much appreciated, as I'm sure vendors in this industry become a little jaded about wedding and brides. We ran into at least one vendor like that, and it put a bit of a damper on our excitement to have her act almost bored at our plans. It might have been that vendor's five hundredth wedding, but it was my daughter's first . . . and Amy always remembered that and acted accordingly.

Amy was truly invaluable in producing a detailed and thoughtful wedding day timeline for the entire wedding party as well as the vendors. The timeline alone was a work of art, and no doubt represented many hours of work. It coordinated all the countless details of a wedding into a logical and useful format - and provided, for example, contact information so that the vendors, the family members, and the wedding party could all reach one another if needed.

I loved the way that Amy interacted with our vendors. She was always polite and professional, and genuinely wanted to make them comfortable. For instance, she contacted our vendors ahead of time to firm up logistical details and timing. That is to be expected. But Amy went the extra mile and inquired about any allergies or food intolerances that our vendors might have, so that we could be sure they were fed appropriately on the wedding day. It is that kind of thoughtfulness and attention to detail that makes Amy an absolute genius at what she does. It is no accident that two different vendors took us aside at the end of the day and told us that Amy was probably the single best wedding consultant they had ever had the pleasure to work with!

Amy conducted a thorough and professional rehearsal the day before the wedding that resulted in a more relaxed and polished wedding ceremony. By the end of the rehearsal, everybody knew exactly what they would be doing during the ceremony. This is an important service, and one that is often being skipped by today's officiants. I've been in two weddings in the past 18 months, and am absolutely convinced that both of them went so much more smoothly because of a good rehearsal the day before!

Amy and her team seemed to be everywhere on the day of the wedding, taking care of the numerous details that the rest of us were too busy to do. (Thank you, Angel and Patrice!!) They were the ones: who ran to Starbucks for the wedding party; who offered to get medicine for a sick flower girl; who bought heel inserts so that a bridesmaid's new shoes would fit; who ran to Men's Wearhouse to pick up shoes that had been left out of an order; who arranged the escort cards at the reception site; who placed the wedding programs on each guest's seat; who pinned on the corsages and boutonnieres; who provided ice water to our vendors on a hot day; who offered us breath mints; who made sure the bride and groom had something to eat; who prevented my daughter's wedding cake from getting accidentally contaminated with an allergen. In fact, I am positive that I don't even know everything they did on our daughter's wedding day, but I know that they worked tirelessly to make sure things went as smoothly as humanly possible.

In summary, Amy is a talented, experienced, hard-working wedding consultant who is excellent at what she does. She is also a kind and generous human being who will genuinely care about you, your family, and your wedding. We consider ourselves very blessed to have found her, and wish her the enormous professional success that she so richly deserves.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Pam · Married on 05/05/2012

Amy and her team are the best! We were able to relax and enjoy the day with our family and friends. I don't know how anyone can do it without a wedding planner, and Amy goes above and beyond to make the day special. My daughter says Amy is unflappable and she handles everything with a smile! She is super organized and ready for anything. My guests loved her too.

Sent on 05/06/2012

mario · Married on 05/05/2012

Amy goes above and beyond to make it a special event.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Lorin · Married on 04/22/2012

WOW!!!! Where do I even begin! I feel a little overwhelmed doing this review because Amy was THE MOST professional, amazing, humble, inspirational, helpful, enthusiastic, mindful, motivational, detail-orientated person I have ever known, and I was blessed enough to have her as my planner/day-of-coordinator! Our journey began through Facebook and what a fantastic beginning it had!! My fiance (at the time) and I had the wonderful opportunity to be in a contest to have a free candy buffet at our wedding. It was a tough contest but we were the lucky winners and little did I know what a monumental occurrence was about to take place. When Amy & I met, she wanted to get an idea of what I was envisioning for the candy buffet. We met and I absolutely loved her! Though still I felt that I had everything under control for the planning. A couple of months later, I was laying in bed trying to unwind from a crazy day and Amy just posted her "Who List" (on Facebook), it simply went over details of any wedding and "who" would help coordinate to make sure everything was properly executed. After each question I got a little more freaked out because I had no idea how or who would properly execute and oversee that each detail was properly handled. By the end of the list, my heart was racing and woke up my fiance to tell him we are hiring Amy Bacon to help with our wedding. He was so confused and just mumbled "alright". The following day, I called Amy and asked her to help and she was more than excited to take on our wedding.

I had a few hiccups prior to the wedding and each time I would call Amy frantically, although, I really tried to have my big-girl pants on, I soon found myself crying and trying to calm down. Amy ALWAYS returned my calls and was so calm and reassured me that everything would be great and you know what it was more than great, it was absolutely amazing! I needed a last minute seamstress, Amy found one for me within hours! I needed a fill-in flower girl, Amy found one with-in an hour. I needed misc stuff done for the candy buffet, Amy had options upon options. Never did Amy say she couldn't do anything, she always called me to cheer me up and to help with ANY situation. She embraced challenges and looked at no job ever being too difficult or impossible to do. Amy sent out an extensive and detail-orientated timeline for the bridal party and vendors to follow, so that everyone was on the same page. Over and over again, my bridal party said "man that Amy chic knows what she is doing". I just said "absolutely" with the biggest smile on my face.

The day of our wedding, Amy was at the site by 7am (ish) setting up for the outside ceremony, and I do need to include the weather forecast for that day was 102 degrees....YUCK!!! Amy was setting up and did such a wonderful job with the ceremony and reception. One of her team members, Gail, came to my house and did a Starbucks run @ 7:30am for myself and bridesmaids and it was MUCH needed!!! When I arrived to the ceremony/reception site, Amy greeted me with a smile. She made sure my husband-to-be was no where in sight and she quickly guided me to where I needed to go. The ceremony was blissful, magical, and beyond amazing! Everything was so emotional as I felt all the love and happiness that was all around me.

The time between the ceremony and reception was limited and on a tight time frame, but again, Amy & her team came to the rescue to make sure all the family shots were taken and the communication between the photographer was concise and professional so that nothing was missed. Amy purchased hand-held spray misters the day before to help with the hot weather & boy did they help! If at anytime I needed a dab of gloss, Amy or her team was already holding it out, never did I have to ask for anything! My glass was always full and I felt as if I was glowing inside and out.

Amy did a wonderful job of making and executing decisions when needed. Our place card holders had candy in them, and Amy decided not to have them out in the heat. She neatly placed them at each table and then wrote down each person's name with the coordinating table they were to sit at. At cocktail hour she went around and simply asked each person's name and stated what table they would be sitting at. Everyone raved about Amy and her team and how wonderful and helpful they were!

I absolutely loved EVERYTHING at our wedding and I give Amy 100% of that credit because if it hadn't been for her, I would've lost my mind! Even with an on-site coordinator, Amy held the fort down and executed necessary decisions that would've just had the on-site coordinator's head spinning. There was one little hiccup, apparently my fiance & I didn't have arrangements for the cake cutting and the venue wanted to charge us an extra $1/per person to cut and serve the cake. Amy was not okay with this and quickly discussed this with my husband and found a quick resolution. After talking with the on-site coordinator, it became apparent that right thing for the venue to do was to waive the fee, as it was never discussed prior to. I had no idea this happened until after the wedding and I felt so thankful that I didn't have to handle that situation in front of my family and friends.

Seriously, if you are reading this and are still contemplating on whether or not to hire Amy, DO IT!!! She is worth every single cent & you with thank yourself and your sanity on your big day!!!! I feel that I have gained a life-long friend and owe my magical day to her and her team! I love you Amy & thank you for all your hard work to make my day so incredibly wonderful and memorable!!

Sent on 05/06/2012

Thomas · Married on 04/14/2012

I put 5 stars because anything less would be uncivilized. Weather was an issue for our wedding and we had to move everything inside the day of. Amy and her crew took care of everything and worked their butts off to make sure we had the best time and the best wedding. The wedding turned out better being inside. It was awesome. My family and friends kept coming up to me during the wedding and telling me how good of a job her and her crew were doing.

I was also impressed with how she handled and shielded my wife and I away from any drama. She made sure that we had the absolute best time and we did. I don't even think we had to lift a finger to do anything. If i needed a refill, it was there. If i needed anything it was there in my hands. Very personable and very professional.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Allison · Married on 04/14/2012

If I could give Amy more than 5 stars I would. As the bride, I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner since I wanted to keep a tight budget. I talked to many planners at the beginning and was going to give up on the idea when I met Amy!
    She was so easy to work with and helped me through the entire process of my wedding.
    The week of the wedding, I was not stressed AT ALL! I had such a great time with my friends and family the days before our wedding. I didn't have to worry about a thing. My friends even joked that I was way too calm for a bride-to-be! I knew I was in good hands with Amy and that she had everything under control.
    Finally, the wedding day arrives. We ended up having to move the reception inside that day due to the weather. From start to finish the whole wedding was flawless. Amy and her crew worked incredibly hard to move the entire set-up and it couldn't have looked and felt more beautiful!
    Also, someone stepped on the train of my dress and it had a huge mark and rip. Amy's crew came to the rescue, treated the stain, and sewed the rip in no time!
    All night, I was able to focus on the awesome food, drinks, and spending time with friends, family, and my new husband!
    I could go on and on with the little and big things that Amy did for us! If I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing! I truly believe Amy and her crew made our special day better than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Leigh · Married on 03/24/2012

We hired Amy as a "month of" wedding planner and boy am I glad we did! With my busy schedule I was able to meet with Amy only once before the wedding, however, I feel like that made no difference at all. Amy and her assistants we way above and beyond what I expected in a wedding planning service. They were were prepared for ANYTHING at anytime. The service was unbelievable and I definitely was spoiled after my wedding day. From the very beginning I provided all of my bridesmaids Amy's contact information for any questions so I was lessened with the overwhelming number of texts/calls I was receiving. Any question I asked Amy regarding the ceremony, reception, vendors, etc, she was able to provide an answer that same day and would reach out to the vendors immediately. On the day of Amy arrived with food trays and water for myself and my bridesmaids, which was very much appreciated. She kept in constant touch with me to ensure I had everything I needed and that everything was okay. When one of the flower girls had an allergic reaction the the dress, Amy and her assistants were right there with their "emergency kit" applying benedryl to the little girl and fashioning a barrier in the dress from tape and other supplies. I didn't have to worry about one single thing on my wedding day because of Amy and her team. She is a god-send and I would recommend her to any bride or person planning any type of event. She knows what she's doing and how to handle any situation, good or bad.

Sent on 04/01/2012