Celebrated Events Reviews

36 | Frederick, MD

36 Reviews for Celebrated Events

Teresa · Married on 09/22/2012

She was great. I lived In Accomac Va. Virginia 's Eastern Shore 4 hours away and we did everything by email text and phone. It worked perfect and I have a new friend.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Kathy · Married on 08/04/2012

Working with Karen of Celebrated Events was wonderful. She is so much more than a "day of" coordinator. She made my daughter's wedding day stress free. Not only is she professional but she adds such a personal touch. There's nothing we asked of her that she wouldn't do and she even went the extra mile. She voluntarily picked up 50 Frederick information guides for us to include in our guest's welcome bags. She has great ideas and offers advice while at the same time respecting and understanding what you want. Thank you so much Karen for making the experience and
    Allee's day so special. Kathy & Allee

Sent on 10/23/2017

Teresa · Married on 06/30/2012

Karen Farrow her Celebrated Events is just the BEST wedding planner and organizer for your special day. From the creation of the beautiful invitations, special wedding gifts, organinzing all the steps for me to follow, allowing all my creative ideas to come to reality in a finiancially affordable way....well Karen was just wonderful, creative, supportive and made the whole proccess a postive and exciting experience. I strongly recommend anyone planning a wedding or special event to contact Karen Farrow and Celebrated Events. She will keep you organized, moving forward and help you to unfold all your creative ideas and desires for your dream wedding.

Teresa May

Sent on 07/15/2012

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2018

October 21, 2018 Day of Wedding Planning

I utilized Karen's services for day of planning, which is more like month of wedding planning.
    She was absolutely critical to the success of my day of wedding logistics. Her daughter was so sweet, and she helped with our photo booth.
    I would highly recommend Celebrated Events for anyone's special day.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Viviana · Married on 11/05/2016

Karen and everyone at Celebrated Events were very professional and quick to respond to any and all of my concerns regarding my wedding set up. They even accommodated my request to incorporate traditional Mexican wedding paper alongside their cafe lights, which resulted in an absolutely stunning decor, and this essentially made our wedding look and feel magical. I highly recommend working with Celebrated Events!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Jackie · Married on 09/05/2015

Wonderful! Karen went above and beyond for us, delivering on everything we asked and then some. We used her day of coordination services, but she also gave us some great tips in the months/weeks beforehand. We had our wedding at Linganore Winecellars and she has a great relationship with the venue and knows a ton of vendors in the surrounding area. Great resource, especially if your wedding is in Frederick, MD!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Candice · Married on 08/05/2017

3.5

Beautiful result, but rather expensive.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Kayleigh · Married on 09/29/2012

Karen with Celebrated Events is just great. She is thorough, organized, and sweet as pie. I hired her as my day-of coordinator, so she helped me get an itinerary of the day together, final touches throughout my last month of planning, and event keeping track on contracts, payments, tips, etc.

Our venue had a strict wrap up curfew...and we couldn't have met the deadline without her (she even brought extra help!). After seeing the decor that I was working on, she had some beautiful LED cafe lights that ended up looking great. She packed up and took a bunch of my decor in boxes...and even brought it to my house they day after my wedding. Overall, very pleasant and professional.

Our wedding was her first time at our venue (Shade Trees & Evergreens), and understandably, she seemed a little less assertive than we would have expected her to be. Everything definitely got done (and I am a strong, demanding personality), but it probably would have been more effective with a stronger attitude/personality. There were some disconnects with timing of the bar (no access to early drinks for family of the bride). Bootineers were almost forgotten, but they she remembered and saved the error before the ceremony. Ideally, she could have been more proactive to have vendors fulfill our families' wishes or resolve problems that arose without being brought to the bride...but I am a control-freak and all of it worked out regardless! Overall, everything was positive...nothing is ever perfect, there were just a few minor kinks.

Big plus: she has nearly everything you could ever need in her apron and bag--scissors, tape, earring backs (that was a SAVER), and the like...I would just add a wine key/bottle opener ;)

Sent on 06/10/2013

John · Married on 02/03/2017

4.2
      3.5

Do it, They did a great job i was vary satisfied!

Sent on 02/27/2017
  • Erin

Erin Martin · Married on 06/28/2019

Day of event coordinator

Karen was professional, helpful, and knowledgeable. It was a huge help having her help on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Meghan

Mike Levender · Married on 08/24/2019

2.8
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0
      2.0

Expensive and not worth it

Karen was highly recommended by our venue, Linganore Winery, and had worked there many times before. We hired her as our day-of-coordinator because I wanted my parents to not have to be as involved in the minor details and to advise on the specifics of an outdoor wedding at our venue.

However, she failed to show up at our final venue walk through which was to be our first meeting with her due to a family emergency several days before. She did not call either my husband or I to inform us but rather called the tasting room at the venue while we were all standing around waiting for her to show up. From then on, I lost all confidence in her abilities but by then we were too close to our wedding date to make any changes. Disappointingly, we were the ones to reach out to her to figure out if we needed to schedule another meeting and what she was doing in the meantime. We understand that personal emergencies happen but I wish she would have handled it more professionally.

As mentioned in another review, she has a more passive personality and I did not see her taking charge on wedding day. That being said, our wedding day was pretty close to perfect with no major incidents. I am glad I had my mom watching out for me. Linganore also had a very helpful site coordinator which we were initially told we weren't going to have.

We looked at several much less expensive day-of-coordinators and I do regret our decision. We got the end result that we wanted but I am not sure how much value Karen added.

Sent on 05/07/2020